Does the Premier League waste too much talent?

+11
chad4401
chemicalboy99
VanDeezNuts
LeBéninois
B-Mac
Lupi
Peccadillo
VendettaRed07
Great Leader Sprucenuce
BarrileteCosmico
Art Morte
15 posters

Go down

Does the Premier League waste too much talent? Empty Does the Premier League waste too much talent?

Post by Art Morte Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:48 pm

I'm looking at some of the players in the Premiership who can be very good players, who play big roles for their national teams and/or have come from big roles from their former clubs... and now play bit-part roles for their Premier League clubs.

Ospina
Cech

Filipe Luis
Sakho
Nastasic

Salah
Ben Arfa
Gaston Ramirez
Markovic
Paulinho
Dembele
Arnautovic
Ricardo Alvarez

Podolski
Remy
Jovetic
Riviere
Soldado
Altidore
Gomis

All right, so, you can probably question the inclusion of some of the names on that list (and maybe add a few others + loanees), but my question is that is it getting out of hand how much talent & ability is riding the bench in the Premier League when they have been or could be crucial and exciting players in other top leagues that have just less cash? I mean, many of those players were among the star players at their old clubs.

Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Does the Premier League waste too much talent? Empty Re: Does the Premier League waste too much talent?

Post by Art Morte Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:56 pm

Btw, before anyone takes it seriously, Altidore was a joke.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Does the Premier League waste too much talent? Empty Re: Does the Premier League waste too much talent?

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:02 pm

A lot of those are genuine cases of talented players not being able to find good form due to new environment /injury problems /simply not good enough to justify the hype. I wouldn't say that they are wasted, although some cases like Luis' are hard to understand.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:06 pm

Oh, I think it's easy to understand, money, but I'm just thinking is it getting too detrimental for football that you have such players riding the bench in the richest league who could be the difference-makers in other top leagues.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:24 pm

Yes they do and it's because the majority of coaches don't know how to coach technical talent and go back to the grafters they know and love.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:32 pm

Yes. It is precisely why I support the FA limiting the number of international players.
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Peccadillo Sat Dec 13, 2014 11:15 pm

the list goes on
Peccadillo
Peccadillo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupi Sat Dec 13, 2014 11:33 pm

Holtby-paulinho-lamela-can-sakho-remy
these should be able to beat most of bpl teams in my opinion but either mismanaged or used wrongly that they weakness shows more than strength
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Sun Dec 14, 2014 12:09 am

was gonna say Mata but then remembered he's just a scrub
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Sun Dec 14, 2014 2:24 am

Sagna chose to ride City's bench for more money instead of being a starter at Arsenal.
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Sun Dec 14, 2014 2:29 am

Looooolllllll...

I completely forgot about Sagna. Does he even play at all?
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Sun Dec 14, 2014 1:20 pm

I wouldn't necessarily say the BPL wastes too much talent. And I definitely don't think it is a BPL specific problem. We see this in every league.

In my opinion there is always going to be a sect of players who are players of circumstance- fit perfectly with a certain type of formation and playing style that can translate well in a national team setting but not as well in a club setting.

Not to mention the difficulty of accommodating the wealth of talent the BPL is able to fit into each 23+ man squads (primarily at the top end of the table).

As the richer clubs continue to stockpile the talent and further their wealth through the success these players bring this issue will continue to happen, where we see great players taking smaller roles to be a part of a winning side and not to mention get that bigger paycheck.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Dec 14, 2014 1:27 pm

vanDEEZ wrote:I wouldn't necessarily say the BPL wastes too much talent. And I definitely don't think it is a BPL specific problem. We see this in every league.

In my opinion there is always going to be a sect of players who are players of circumstance- fit perfectly with a certain type of formation and playing style that can translate well in a national team setting but not as well in a club setting.

Not to mention the difficulty of accommodating the wealth of talent the BPL is able to fit into each 23+ man squads (primarily at the top end of the table).

As the richer clubs continue to stockpile the talent and further their wealth through the success these players bring this issue will continue to happen, where we see great players taking smaller roles to be a part of a winning side and not to mention get that bigger paycheck.

But even mid-table PL sides are starting to have players who could be a joy to watch for fans of other leagues, and I'm not even talking about small leagues. La Liga (Soldado, Filipe Luis), Bundesliga (Podolski, Arnautovic, Schurrle), Serie A (Ramirez, Alvarez, Jovetic), Ligue 1 (Remy, Ben Arfa, Riviere, Gomis, Ospina...).

And I do think it's a BPL specific problem because this league is so rich. Under-used talent in other leagues isn't as good as in the BPL.

Ps. Should we add Falcao to the list? hmm
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Dec 14, 2014 1:33 pm

Yanga-Mbiwa should be on the list tbh, captain of Montpellier team that beats Ancelotti's PSG to Ligue 1 title.

Gets 4 consecutive clean sheets against Spurs, Chelsea, Man Yoo and Man City easily looks like our best CB. Then Pardew in his infinite wisdom decides to drop him for no reason, only playing him at RB for the rest of the season and we proceed to get battered nearly every game for rest of the season.

Then joins Roma, easily fits into one of the best teams in Italy and starts for France. Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by chemicalboy99 Sun Dec 14, 2014 2:28 pm

VendettaRed07 wrote:Looooolllllll...

I completely forgot about Sagna. Does he even play at all?

Yes he played yesterday.

chemicalboy99
chemicalboy99
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Sun Dec 14, 2014 3:42 pm

im agreeing with mole most coaches in the pl can't coach technical players, cause the footy in the pl ain't technical to begin with, yet owners and managers, hop on youtube buying these players to bench them... Filipe Luis :facepalm:
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sun Dec 14, 2014 4:00 pm

Wait...what?
Is Ricky Alvarez in the PL?
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Kuru Sun Dec 14, 2014 4:28 pm

maybe introduce a limit in registered players? like 25 as in Laliga and few other leagues.
Kuru
Kuru
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Dec 14, 2014 5:51 pm

El Gunner wrote:Wait...what?
Is Ricky Alvarez in the PL?

From playing 20+ games per season for Inter and scoring and assisting a few every season to riding the bench at Sunderland this season. Makes sense? No, and that's what I'm talking about. The guy's 26 and should be at his prime.

Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:32 pm

Kuru wrote:maybe introduce a limit in registered players? like 25 as in Laliga and few other leagues.

There already is, the problem is the coaching or lack thereof.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Sun Dec 14, 2014 8:14 pm

I also did a double take at Ricky Alvarez. Totally forgot about his loan move to the PL. Laughing

I guess he's been injured though, too?
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:16 am

I will never understand why we loaned him.We lacked him badly this year...

Because f*ck logic has always been our moto I guess.
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down