Raptorgunner
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Arquitecto
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
cyberman
57 posters

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

The Euros are a waste of time.. - Page 7 Empty Re: The Euros are a waste of time..

Post by Grande_Milano Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:57 pm

As I havent seen Best, I can only refer to opinions on him. Pele and other great players said he was exceptional. Also, I cant confirm, but he was the best player in United squad to lead them to CL

Grande_Milano
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

The Euros are a waste of time.. - Page 7 Empty Re: The Euros are a waste of time..

Post by Busby Babe Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:18 pm

Be honest guys, have you really seen Best play, or are you checking out his wiki page and other peoples opinion on him?
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:18 am

Grande_Milano wrote:As I havent seen Best, I can only refer to opinions on him. Pele and other great players said he was exceptional.

Unless i am mistaken Pele never said he was Top 10 of all time.Pele is crazy and absurd when making statements like but i very much doubt even he would have said something stupid like this.Could u provide a link for what Pele said because i couldnt find one one google search.

Grande_Milano wrote:
Also, I cant confirm, but he was the best player in United squad to lead them to CL

So if this makes a player top 10 all time then i suppose Gerrard is also top 10.And considering Dalglish was the best player of Liverpool squad which won 3 CL trophies where is he placed then? Top 5? And what about Di stefeno who was the best player which won 5 CL trophies?

ronaldo__9 wrote:Be honest guys, have you really seen Best play, or are you checking out his wiki page and other peoples opinion on him?

Well i very much doubt anyone here has watched him play and as for basing on other poeple opinions its pointless considering they are almost 100% guarenteed to biased because every article one can find about Best is from British media which will be heavily biased.So we can only base on what he has achieved in his career just like we argue for every other great.

He has only played 2 seasons of CL football in which he was great in one and never played in internationals competitions but because he had some great performances for United in the league he is an all time top ten great.

Seriously he must be one of the most overrated player in football history.Top 10 of all time u are having a laugh.

Last edited by BeautifulGame on Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:33 am; edited 1 time in total
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by honduran09 Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:32 am

Wow just wow and just to think that I was actually thinking of posting more on this forum, but if this is the kind of ridiculousness that is going to be posted smh :facepalm:

international football > club football
why?
because no matter what club you support people will always unite to watch their country play FACT!

I dont care what silly argument you tried to use or how much of a die hard fan of a club you are,but if the star player of your rival team scores the winning goal in the World Cup final that player immediately steps into hero status and before you ask for an example do the following steps:

1. Go to google
2. Type the words Andres Iniesta
3. Go lie in your pit of shame and stupidity

Rant is over..
honduran09
honduran09
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:44 am

Cyberman is either trolling or being incredibly stupid... Either way, no need to feed his inane discussion IMO. If he can't differentiate the vast difference in representing a country as opposed to a club, he can't be helped.

Btw, cruyff and the Dutch did make a name for themselves in wc and euros back in the 70s. You don't need to win the tournament to make a legendary impression.

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:04 am

sportsczy wrote:Cyberman is either trolling or being incredibly stupid... Either way, no need to feed his inane discussion IMO. If he can't differentiate the vast difference in representing a country as opposed to a club, he can't be helped.

Btw, cruyff and the Dutch did make a name for themselves in wc and euros back in the 70s. You don't need to win the tournament to make a legendary impression.
Yeah. Cruyff's Netherlands of the 70es were amazing with their fantastic football. Made it almost a pity that Germany won in 1972 and 1974. It's funny that the tide turned so much that now people actually pity Germany for not winning in 2006, 2008 and 2010 because of their style now XD
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:02 am

Sepi wrote:

'nuff said :coffee:

Just got uber goosebumps of doom, I'm so pumped :coffee:
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:24 am

VivaStPauli wrote:
Sepi wrote:

'nuff said :coffee:

Just got uber goosebumps of doom, I'm so pumped :coffee:

loool.Me too. Very Happy

Arshavin for me was the player who created the most impact in that tournament.Up until Zenit's annihilation of Bayern(huge credit to Arshavin) and subsequent UEFA cup glory most of them hardly knew anything about Arshavin.

I hoping to see some unknown quantities rise to the occasion and be noted in this tournament too.Thats what made last Euros so exciting.

Last edited by Surag.Blueguy on Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:46 pm

Well it's not like Club Football is any better, you know.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:54 pm

Lord Hispano wrote:Well it's not like Club Football is any better, you know.

Yes it is, by absolute miles.......
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:54 pm

The Euros are a waste of time.. - Page 7 37329810

Did i bump at the right time hmm
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:09 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:

Club Footy 2 teams on par.

Int Footy 5 teams on par.

:coffee:
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:12 pm

What if the non-European players didn't play in Europe, would it still be a waste? :coffee:

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:18 pm

Lord Hispano wrote:

Club Footy 2 teams on par.

Int Footy 5 teams on par.

:coffee:

I assume you consider Real and Barca to be those teams? if this is the case then why could neither one of them make the CL final hmm
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:22 pm

Bayern and Chelsea didn't let them. :coffee:

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:24 pm

International Football is the GOAT :bow:

How can anyone say Club Football is better? hmm
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:26 pm

BhritanniaBhlue wrote:International Football is the GOAT :bow:

How can anyone say Club Football is better? hmm

I prefer club football most of the time, but i do agree international tournament football is GOAT, friendlies and qualifiers dont interest me at all.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:27 pm

EUROS is GOAT..

Last WC was crap..Hopefully we see some entertaining stuff in Samba-Land.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:49 pm

Surag wrote:EUROS is GOAT..

and what makes it so different from all other world cup..?

Yes, it was played in Africa and yes it was not crap, don't know why everyone in Europe keeps saying that
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Chelsea

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:08 pm

Dude, the last WC sucked horse testes. The group stages was akin to sitting in a dentist's waiting room flicking through a copy of vegetables weekly.....the same issue that was there six months ago when you last went
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:22 pm

Lex wrote:Dude, the last WC sucked horse testes. The group stages was akin to sitting in a dentist's waiting room flicking through a copy of vegetables weekly.....the same issue that was there six months ago when you last went

Whatever dude, that's your opinion. to me it was the best world cup, no match fixing reported, unlike 2002, or any racist chants.

It was even more fun, seeing Germany beating England to point of submission and also doing the-same to Argentina
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:31 pm

knockout stages were great,watching Germany and Uruguay was awesome.but the final was probably the worst ever
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Tifoso Romanista Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:31 pm

eco smile Its good there is some football to watch in summertime , why would it be a waste of Time
Tifoso Romanista
Tifoso Romanista
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:42 pm

The Messiah wrote:

Yes, it was played in Africa and yes it was not crap, don't know why everyone in Europe keeps saying that

The football was so f*cking boring it was worse than watching paint dry and teams were scared to attack.

The Euros has been the complete opposite.

One of the worse tournaments for entertainment value in the history of football.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:45 pm

Ganso wrote:knockout stages were great,watching Germany and Uruguay was awesome.but the final was probably the worst ever

I think that the 94 final rivals it, or atleast thats what i've heard..

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:49 pm

The Messiah wrote:

The football was so f*cking boring it was worse than watching paint dry and teams were scared to attack.

The Euros has been the complete opposite.

One of the worse tournaments for entertainment value in the history of football.

I think I have an ideal why you think it was boring. :coffee:

I would feel like that as well, if I was you.

Perhaps I already have
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next