Gray areas of football rules

4 posters

Go down

Gray areas of football rules Empty Gray areas of football rules

Post by Art Morte Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:09 pm

There are some gray areas in the rules of football. What do you think of them, should something be done differently?

1. "The goalkeeper must remain between the goalposts on the goal-line facing the ball until the ball is kicked, but may move from side to side along the goal-line. If the goalkeeper moves forward before the ball is kicked, then the penalty must be kicked again if a goal is not scored."

How often this actually happens and the keeper doesn't come a little bit forward from his line when the penalty taker starts accelerating to take the kick? Sometimes the keeper can be a good yard out from the goal-line before the ball is actually kicked.

2. Fouling during corner kicks.

How often do we see the referee cautioning players during corner kicks without actually awarding anything (free kick or a penalty)? Sometimes the corner kick taker has already put the ball in play, but the referee orders the corner re-taken because of fouling (in the box), but still awarding nothing. If he sees a foul, shouldn't he award either a penalty or a free-kick?

3. Hand balls in the 18 yard box.

When there's a handball by a defender in the penalty area but no penalty is awarded, does it mean referees really don't see these handballs or do they sometimes consider it too harsh to award a penalty, even if strictly by the rules he should?

4. Offside rule.

Is it good the way it is, that a player can be offside and the attack can continue if that player doesn't affect the play? Does it confuse defenders on playing the offside trap?

I've got a feeling I'm forgetting one rule that I had in mind, but if you've got any more let's hear them.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Gray areas of football rules Empty Re: Gray areas of football rules

Post by Swanhends Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:25 pm

Fouling on corner kicks and hand balls in the 18 are two gray areas where I think I'm OK with where they are at

I've seen people assaulted on corner kicks, and while when your team is losing and you're trying to get back into the game its frustrating as hell to see that happen....Giving up PK's for something that occurred on a corner kick just seems so......weak

I mean unless the guy really gets straight up tackled to the ground, I don't think that it should be given (And its hard to know when a guy is actually getting brought down and when he is diving)

Is it possible to give someone a yellow for the foul without actually whistling for the foul lol? I'd really like that as a response

Hand balls in the 18, again...it sucks when it happens against you, but unless the arm is separated from the body, I don't believe awarding a penalty is the right move
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:16 pm

Stopping and going during the run up on penalty kicks.

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:09 pm

Substitutions during injury times. IMO it's useless and it gives a chance to dirty teams to waste more time.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down