Rebaño Sagrado
McAgger
Swanhends
The Franchise
Firenze
NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
12 posters

Go down

The 19 rules of playing football when your a kid Empty The 19 rules of playing football when your a kid

Post by NiallQuinnsdiscoPants Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:21 pm

http://www.buzzfeed.com/samjparker/football-rules-when-youre-a-kid

Sad Have to admit I was a bit of a goal moocher

Last edited by RedOranje on Wed May 01, 2013 2:05 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Sorted)
NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

The 19 rules of playing football when your a kid Empty Re: The 19 rules of playing football when your a kid

Post by Firenze Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:34 pm

Jesus christ it's like taking a time machine back to primary school/secondary school (23 Razz)

literally every single one of those points on the list :bow:

Wembley Doubles :bow:

For that Donkey/OUT/Wallie game, whoever lost would have to stand still at the end of the game and take "blasts" from every participant, we would basically stand 12 yards away and get to smash the ball at them and they had to keep their hands behind their back Proud some people would run away, if a teacher came when we were playing during school we'd postpone it to the next break..but everyone would be brought to justice eventually. :bow:

Headers and Volleys Proud
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

The 19 rules of playing football when your a kid Empty Re: The 19 rules of playing football when your a kid

Post by NiallQuinnsdiscoPants Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:11 pm

It really does take you back tbh. This is where I used to play

We used to stop at the steps at the other end of this alley and put our boots on. Then run down like we were coming out of the tunnel singing dance of the knights or ready to go like they played at the SOL as the players came out.

The 19 rules of playing football when your a kid Fsfsdfsdfsfs
Then across the road is the field we played on
The 19 rules of playing football when your a kid Fgdgdgdf
They tried to put a no ball games sign up but we just used to use that as a goal post.

My mum enforced the new ball rule on me a little too well

I have a brand new one of these that has been sitting in my wardrobe for around 20 years.

The 19 rules of playing football when your a kid 734506_10151376309104801_382703537_n

Mad Got me a football for my birthday then wouldn't let me take it out

NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed May 01, 2013 12:46 am

Mitre football *shudders*

Those things were made of iron....

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Wed May 01, 2013 12:55 am

When I was a kid hmm

Think I've done a couple of those things within the last few weeks, and I just got a ball out from under a car on Saturday rofl
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed May 01, 2013 1:02 am

Oh man I'm so nostalgic right now Proud It's especially heartwarming because we all come from different corners of the world and it's so weird to know that almost all young footballers set these exact set of rules.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebaño Sagrado Wed May 01, 2013 1:10 am

lol no blasting.... that's my specialty

Getting the ball back was always funny as fck. Dem broken fences rofl

And no 16 Laughing so true . Another one was "Sorry we have even teams pls go"

ah good times Proud
Rebaño Sagrado
Rebaño Sagrado
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed May 01, 2013 2:22 am

rofl so many rules here I used for years.

I had to stop goal poaching and make genuine runs which helped me as a player but at the time seemed pointless.

"Why do I have to run back when i'm scoring?" ffs Proud

The bit about lazy goalkeepers saying play on was always true with wembley doubles or whatever (We just called it knock out doubles)

But you can't complain because every school needs a fat kid to be the 1st choice 'keeper.

Nowadays in big fat Britain, I imagine you have 10 fat kids fighting over who gets to go in goal and the losers are forced to actually play and move rofl
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Wed May 01, 2013 9:30 am

Brilliant. I loved reading every one.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrian0911 Wed May 01, 2013 12:27 pm

my god the memories.

i'm from Romania and always thought that we had to play like that, with those rules, because of poverty and second-tier country shit.
i imagined the french, german or english kids on real grass with post fields playing with friends.

i'm a bit shocked and relieved our generation got to know all this rules no matter the country and the income... we were equal when we played the game.

i'd give half the money i have now to play 3-4 hours with this old and loved rules..but i can't gather enough guys to do it anymore.

for the 16th rule...sometimes we send the guy to find another player so one can go in each team..if there was enough space.
Adrian0911
Adrian0911
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Wed May 01, 2013 4:29 pm

So true, i enjoyed reading it.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Wed May 01, 2013 7:06 pm

Rule 20) Don't play pokemon on your gameboy when you are playing GK just because you are bored and the ball barely ever comes to you
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Wed May 01, 2013 8:41 pm

This is shitting crazy. I have played by those rules 30 (yeap THIRTY) years ago.

New Ball rule, oh my, oh my. Even the faintest scratch seemed to stare at me.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum