RealGunner
Onyx
Albiceleste
S
dragon
43 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

What is the current World best 11? - Page 3 Empty Re: What is the current World best 11?

Post by Guest Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:20 am

Sorry, but Bundesliga is on par with Serie A imo and he has just dominated for over 2 years now. He is by far the best CB in Germany and is an uncontested starter for Germany NT. Having watched him enough, i am completely comfortable putting him amongst the 2 best at this time. Pique was a choice as well; but i prefer Hummels.

Back to top Go down

What is the current World best 11? - Page 3 Empty Re: What is the current World best 11?

Post by S Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:29 am

I am not debating leagues here..But this guy has barely seen Champions League action in his career a competition i hold in very high regard when i am judging a particular player's perfomance..

He may sooner or later earn that accolade perhaps but a bit too presumptous dont you think especially when you see the likes of Thiago Silva delivering superb perfomances against the elite..

As far as the National team is concerned ,again he is yet to play in a major competition for Germany ,again a platform where you get noticed a hell lot..

I'd rank Pique or Thiago Silva above him at the moment..
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:34 am

so just because his club hasn't made CL, you're discounting him? That's a bit narrow of a view, no? There has been plenty of WC attacking players in the bundesliga the past 2 years and he's dominated all of them.

Reason i didn't put Silva in there is because i've seen him clearly at fault on 3-4 goals with Brazil and Milan. It doesn't happen very often at all and he definitely top 5 in the world... but he has lapses of concentration. That doesn't happen with Hummels, Vidic and Pique. When they get scored on, the attacker has earned it.

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:43 am

I am not talking about his club's scenario..This guy hasnt been tested against the best players in the world and thats what i am disputing when the likes of Thiago Silva and Pique have faced with the Elite especially when they are playing for their respective clubs..As for the Bundesliga again you cant really compare to the Quality that Cl teams offer..

And the Champions League is such a competition where you go head to head with some of the best players of various leagues..Again Dortmund are participating in the Champions League for the first time in many years so in my opinion it would be fair if we judge him after this cl season irrespective of Dortmunds progression in the cl..

I am not defending Pique or Silva here but its presumptous atleast for me to already include him in WORLD ELEVEN..
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:50 am

Ribery, Gomez, Vidal, Robben , Muller, RVN, Raul, Dzeko, Podolski, etc. would all disagree with you. He's faced some of the best out there. I'm basing my opinion on current form.

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:51 am

Iker
Lahm-Silva-Puyol-Cashley
Iniesta-Busquets/Schwiensteiger-Xavi
Messi-Villa/Rooney-Ronaldo

This isn't really the current best as it would be rather pointless to do so in current form but from the last years.

Hummels? He is very good and like a young Nesta but I have seen his fair share of blunders and he has only been properly tested for 1 year while Bayern were weak with Van Gaal and the rest of the teams were on a slump. Pique is actually known for concentration lapses.

Silva's blunders for Brazil? Mano Menezez doesn't know how to set-up anything why Alves, Ganso, etc all underperform for them.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:57 am

Bayern weren't weak offensively though... in fact, they just committed everyone to the attack and forgot about the defense. It's debatable between Silva and Hummels honestly. You can pick one or the other and not be wrong at all. Vidic was just too much of a beast last year and the start of this one to leave off the team. If Lahm was still at RB, he would take it easily. Summer of 2010, i would've picked Maicon. Just aren't very many RBs that are great defensively nowadays.

I'm going on today's form.

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:03 pm

Thats basically Bayern Munich the only world class quality team in Bundesliga..Fair enough as i cant refute that..RVN and Raul are past their prime i dont think you can include them..Podolski world class ?I havent seen him go head to head with Podolski but he's not world class quality imo..(In before flaming)

But has he been tested in a high intensity high pressure champions league game ?Or an extremely competitive International encounter ?Again i'm saying he's still very young and he has to face the best if he as truly be recognized and make a world eleven team for that matter..
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:44 pm

Milan stank against Madrid in pool play (gave up 4 goals and could've been a lot more in the 2 games) and lost to the Spurs in the first elimination round. The other teams they played were Ajax and Auxerre. 2010 CL is hardly an argument in favor for any Milan player against better competition.

Whether it was the coaching or not, Brazil NT has been very, very meh and defensively susceptible in the 2010WC and forward... so that's no really a good argument here.

It all comes down to leagues and, to me, Hummels is one of the 2 best CBs in the world now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:45 pm

He's stated that he's going on today's form.

In an example you'd understand, Chiellini hasn't been tested at CL level either, if you think about it. But do we know he's good? Of course we do. I wouldn't bat an eye seeing him in a world XI, because at that level you have a few outstanding players and it only goes down to a matter of opinion.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:48 pm

And people tell me to be less ignorant.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:50 pm

253 to troll every other team in this thread:

Neuer
Alves Abidal
Busquets
Fabregas Xavi Iniesta
Rooney
Messi Aguero C.Ronaldo
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:53 pm

Sushi Master wrote:He's stated that he's going on today's form.

In an example you'd understand, Chiellini hasn't been tested at CL level either, if you think about it. But do we know he's good? Of course we do. I wouldn't bat an eye seeing him in a world XI, because at that level you have a few outstanding players and it only goes down to a matter of opinion.

He has been tested in International Level..Dint you watch Italy vs Spain where he announced himself in the Euros..Whereas Hummels is still young and hasnt played in a high intensity high pressure International Competition such as the Euros for instance..Like i said we can make a judgement if he has asserted himself in those sort of elite competitions..

Last edited by Surag.Blueguy on Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:58 pm

you could take any 2 of Chiellini, Silva, Vidic, Pique and Hummels and not be wrong today.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:02 pm

Surag.Blueguy wrote:

He has been tested in International Level..Dint you watch Italy vs Spain where he announced himself in the Euros..Whereas Hummels is still young and hasnt played in a high intensity high pressure International Competition such as the Euros for instance..Like i said we can make a judgement if he has asserted himself in those sort of situations..
Yeah, Chiellini has more International experience, but he has 5 more years on Hummels. Hummels has a few caps, but he's carried his club form into the NT, even doing well in friendlies and the like. He's in great form at the moment, WC form either and that's indesputable. It's not like we're insulting the rest of the CBs of the world by including Hummels there... he really is that good. It's an opinion thread, anyways. I could criticize the hell out of many choices been done here, but what's the point?

sportsczy wrote:you could take any 2 of Chiellini, Silva, Vidic, Pique and Hummels and not be wrong today
Exactly. It's only a matter of opinion when it comes down to it.

I guess he does not rate the Bundesliga at all and thinks Hummels has it easily.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:09 pm

Sushi Master wrote:
Surag.Blueguy wrote:

He has been tested in International Level..Dint you watch Italy vs Spain where he announced himself in the Euros..Whereas Hummels is still young and hasnt played in a high intensity high pressure International Competition such as the Euros for instance..Like i said we can make a judgement if he has asserted himself in those sort of situations..
Yeah, Chiellini has more International experience, but he has 5 more years on Hummels. Hummels has a few caps, but he's carried his club form into the NT, even doing well in friendlies and the like. He's in great form at the moment, WC form either and that's indesputable. It's not like we're insulting the rest of the CBs of the world by including Hummels there... he really is that good. It's an opinion thread, anyways. I could criticize the hell out of many choices been done here, but what's the point?

Agreed whatever you say..And btw i havent included Chiellini in my world eleven so there's no point disputing it..

I'd be dissapointed if someone thinks i'm criticizing people's chioces here as frankly it was a matter of opinion from my side as well.. Very Happy In my Honest opinion he still doesnt warrant a place in the World Eleven as he hasnt done anything noteworthy Internationally for now(I'm talking about him representing Germany in a major International Competition or Participating with Borussia in Cl for that matter)..And ofcourse opinions change in course of time..

Going by current form,Bayern are the best team in the world but in Reality Barca are still a step ahead of them..pretty vague example i know but at present i'm finding a bit hard to think of any player.. Very Happy
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:15 pm

Sushi Master wrote:Exactly. It's only a matter of opinion when it comes down to it.

I guess he does not rate the Bundesliga at all and thinks Hummels has it easily.

wow..go pretty easy on me mate.. Very Happy I never meant to discredit the Bundesliga ..Never mate..

Let me give an example..Isla has consistently performing for Udinese since the past two seasons..do you think he's rated enough ?Absolutely not since he is yet to do anything noteworthy on the big stage also he's only 23 and has time on his side so who knows he might transfer to a big club in the future and truly be noted..
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:33 pm

Surag.Blueguy wrote:
Sushi Master wrote:Exactly. It's only a matter of opinion when it comes down to it.

wow..go pretty easy on me mate.. Very Happy I never meant to discredit the Bundesliga ..Never mate..

Let me give an example..Isla has consistently performing for Udinese since the past two seasons..do you think he's rated enough ?Absolutely not since he is yet to do anything noteworthy on the big stage also he's only 23 and has time on his side so who knows he might transfer to a big club in the future and truly be noted..
I rate Isla highly (underrated player, BTW) and would not mind if people included him in their 11. As long as he maintains his form, I mean. He's one of the best RWB around.

Same goes to Sanchez.

It's an opinion thread, after all.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by eyeopener Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:30 am

---------------------------------neuer------------------------------
----d alves----------vidic---------------kompany---------evra--
-------------------------------de jong------------------------------
----------------------------schweinsteiger-------xavi--------------
-------------------------david silva---------------------------------
--------------------messi------------------ronaldo-----------------
eyeopener
eyeopener
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperMAG Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:42 am

_____________Neur
Alves____Ramos____Silva____Marcelo
________Bastian____Busquets
Robben_______Ineasta_______Ronaldo
_____________Messi

This team would litterally crush opponents.

SuperMAG
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:28 am

if u actually go for experience and performancee in the very big matches and quality and if are not an anti premface vidic would be the obvious choice ahead of hummels, thiago, and chielleni.... hes much more proven at the top level
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:16 pm

.........................Begovic...................................
Smalling...........jones.....Pepe..............Evra
..............Cleverley.............iniesta...................
nani....................................................CR7...
...............Rooney.................Messi................
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by pasquale22 Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:36 pm

-------Thiago Silva------Pique----P.Cannavaro
--------------Fabregas--------Pirlo------------------
Messi----------------Ronaldo------------------Nani
---------------Cavani---------Rooney---------------

subs. gomez, ozil, aguero, schweinsteiger, eto'o

About cannavaro lol call me controversial lol but he is extremely underrated and in some menacing form

Last edited by pasquale22 on Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:29 am; edited 1 time in total
pasquale22
pasquale22
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:42 pm

pasquale22 wrote:-------Thiago Silva------Pique----P.Cannavaro
--------------Cleverley--------Pirlo------------------
Messi----------------Ronaldo------------------Nani
---------------Cavani---------Rooney---------------

subs. gomez, ozil, aguero, schweinsteiger, eto'o

call me controversial lol but he is extremely underrated and in some menacing form

fixed :coffee:
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:53 am

jibers wrote:.........................Begovic...................................
Smalling...........jones.....Pepe..............Evra
..............Cleverley.............iniesta...................
nani....................................................CR7...
...............Rooney.................Messi................

come on man ,vidic >> pepe, jones
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:16 am

Neuer

Alves Vidic Pique Lahm

Schweinsteiger Busquets

Iniesta

Eto'o Messi Ronaldo
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next