Lionel Messi winner of World Soccer’s World Player of the Year award.

+8
Valkyrja
7amood11
Blue Barrett
The Franchise
S
Bellabong
barca 2011
Harmonica
12 posters

Go down

Lionel Messi winner of World Soccer’s World Player of the Year award. Empty Lionel Messi winner of World Soccer’s World Player of the Year award.

Post by Harmonica Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:25 am

http://www.worldsoccer.com/features/lionel-messi-wins-world-soccer-player-of-the-year-award

Lionel Messi was the clear winner of World Soccer’s World Player of the Year award. The Barcelona and Argentina star collected more than twice as many votes as his nearest rivals, Cristiano Ronaldo of Real Madrid and Portugal, and club-mate, Andres Iniesta of Spain.

It is the third time Messi has won the award, having previously triumphed in 2009 and 2011. He joins Brazil’s Ronaldo, who is the only other player to have won the award on three occasions.

There was also recognition for Spain’s remarkable achievement in winning the 2012 European Championship. Vicente Del Bosque was the clear winner of the World Manager of the the Year Award, and Spain were the overwhelming choice as World Team of the Year.

This year, for the first time in the 30-year history of the awards, the votes from readers were combined with those from an independent panel of experts. The final vote (displayed here as percentages) were weighted to ensure 50 per cent for the reader votes and 50 per cent for those from the panel.

2012 World Player of the Year

1 Lionel Messi (Barcelona & Argentina) 47.33%
2 Cristiano Ronaldo (Real Madrid & Portugal) 19.01
3 Andres Iniesta (Barcelona & Spain) 9.77
4 Andrea Pirlo (Juventus & Italy) 6.10
5 Radamel Falcao (Atletico Madrid & Colombia) 5.95
6 Neymar (Santos & Brazil) 3.60
7 Iker Casillas (Real Madrid & Spain) 2.30
8 Xavi (Barcelona & Spain) 1.78
9 Didier Drogba (Chelsea/Shanghai Shenhua & Ivory Coast) 1.77
10 Eden Hazard (Lille/Chelsea & Belgium) 0.37


2012 World Manager of the Year

1 Vicente Del Bosque (Spain) 28.49
2 Jose Mourinho (Real Madrid) 12.27
3 Roberto Di Matteo (Chelsea) 12.05
4 Jurgen Klopp (Borussia Dortmund) 10.33
5 Diego Simeone (Atletico Madrid) 7.19
6 Herve Renard (Zambia) 6.83
7 Marcelo Bielsa (Athletic Bilbao) 5.74
8 Tite (Corinthians) 4.67
9 Pep Guardiola (Barcelona) 2.72
10 Luis Tena (Mexico Olympic) 2.63


2012 World Team of the Year

1 Spain 47.36
2 Zambia 8.52
3 Chelsea 7.84
4 Juventus 7.36
5 Atletico Madrid 4.89
6 Borussia Dortmund 4.25
7 Corinthians 4.23
8 Universidad de Chile 4.00
9 Barcelona 3.63
10 Montpellier 2.90

How panel voted:

http://www.worldsoccer.com/features/world-soccer-panel-how-the-experts-voted-in-the-2012-awards
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 13755
Join date : 2011-06-07

Back to top Go down

Lionel Messi winner of World Soccer’s World Player of the Year award. Empty Re: Lionel Messi winner of World Soccer’s World Player of the Year award.

Post by barca 2011 Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:28 am

jiopsi wrote:http://www.worldsoccer.com/features/lionel-messi-wins-world-soccer-player-of-the-year-award

Lionel Messi was the clear winner of World Soccer’s World Player of the Year award. The Barcelona and Argentina star collected more than twice as many votes as his nearest rivals, Cristiano Ronaldo of Real Madrid and Portugal, and club-mate, Andres Iniesta of Spain.

It is the third time Messi has won the award, having previously triumphed in 2009 and 2011. He joins Brazil’s Ronaldo, who is the only other player to have won the award on three occasions.

There was also recognition for Spain’s remarkable achievement in winning the 2012 European Championship. Vicente Del Bosque was the clear winner of the World Manager of the the Year Award, and Spain were the overwhelming choice as World Team of the Year.

This year, for the first time in the 30-year history of the awards, the votes from readers were combined with those from an independent panel of experts. The final vote (displayed here as percentages) were weighted to ensure 50 per cent for the reader votes and 50 per cent for those from the panel.

2012 World Player of the Year

1 Lionel Messi (Barcelona & Argentina) 47.33%
2 Cristiano Ronaldo (Real Madrid & Portugal) 19.01
3 Andres Iniesta (Barcelona & Spain) 9.77
4 Andrea Pirlo (Juventus & Italy) 6.10
5 Radamel Falcao (Atletico Madrid & Colombia) 5.95
6 Neymar (Santos & Brazil) 3.60
7 Iker Casillas (Real Madrid & Spain) 2.30
8 Xavi (Barcelona & Spain) 1.78
9 Didier Drogba (Chelsea/Shanghai Shenhua & Ivory Coast) 1.77
10 Eden Hazard (Lille/Chelsea & Belgium) 0.37


2012 World Manager of the Year

1 Vicente Del Bosque (Spain) 28.49
2 Jose Mourinho (Real Madrid) 12.27
3 Roberto Di Matteo (Chelsea) 12.05
4 Jurgen Klopp (Borussia Dortmund) 10.33
5 Diego Simeone (Atletico Madrid) 7.19
6 Herve Renard (Zambia) 6.83
7 Marcelo Bielsa (Athletic Bilbao) 5.74
8 Tite (Corinthians) 4.67
9 Pep Guardiola (Barcelona) 2.72
10 Luis Tena (Mexico Olympic) 2.63


2012 World Team of the Year

1 Spain 47.36
2 Zambia 8.52
3 Chelsea 7.84
4 Juventus 7.36
5 Atletico Madrid 4.89
6 Borussia Dortmund 4.25
7 Corinthians 4.23
8 Universidad de Chile 4.00
9 Barcelona 3.63
10 Montpellier 2.90

How panel voted:

http://www.worldsoccer.com/features/world-soccer-panel-how-the-experts-voted-in-the-2012-awards

CHITALU!!!!!!!!!!! :bow: :bow: Still strikin'!


barca 2011
barca 2011
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 1755
Join date : 2011-06-07

Back to top Go down

Lionel Messi winner of World Soccer’s World Player of the Year award. Empty Re: Lionel Messi winner of World Soccer’s World Player of the Year award.

Post by Bellabong Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:39 am

This looks so broken lol
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich
Posts : 3474
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

Lionel Messi winner of World Soccer’s World Player of the Year award. Empty Re: Lionel Messi winner of World Soccer’s World Player of the Year award.

Post by S Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:58 am

Hazard in Top 10 :facepalm:

Other than that a pretty ok list.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 28473
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Lionel Messi winner of World Soccer’s World Player of the Year award. Empty Re: Lionel Messi winner of World Soccer’s World Player of the Year award.

Post by Harmonica Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:02 am

Surag wrote:Hazard in Top 10 :facepalm:

Other than that a pretty ok list.
He had only 0,37% of votes, and it gets really random with those kind of shares. I don't think it's that big of a deal.

But I would like to know more about Zambian team feats?
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 13755
Join date : 2011-06-07

Back to top Go down

Lionel Messi winner of World Soccer’s World Player of the Year award. Empty Re: Lionel Messi winner of World Soccer’s World Player of the Year award.

Post by The Franchise Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:14 am

They won the ACN, which is a very big achievement for them considering how unknown they are and the type of calibre opponents they had to beat to win it.

Honestly, they won it with defensive anti-football tactics where teams couldnt break them down and they win via a single goal or penalties.

But fair is fair, they were a very much unfancied side and beat Ghana and Ivory Coast who have so much more talent, to win it.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 19651
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 36

Back to top Go down

Lionel Messi winner of World Soccer’s World Player of the Year award. Empty Re: Lionel Messi winner of World Soccer’s World Player of the Year award.

Post by Blue Barrett Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:19 am

Surprise, surprise Laughing
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sunderland
Posts : 10348
Join date : 2012-03-03

Back to top Go down

Lionel Messi winner of World Soccer’s World Player of the Year award. Empty Re: Lionel Messi winner of World Soccer’s World Player of the Year award.

Post by Harmonica Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:20 am

The Franchise wrote:They won the ACN, which is a very big achievement for them considering how unknown they are and the type of calibre opponents they had to beat to win it.

Honestly, they won it with defensive anti-football tactics where teams couldnt break them down and they win via a single goal or penalties.

But fair is fair, they were a very much unfancied side and beat Ghana and Ivory Coast who have so much more talent, to win it.

Ok, that seems pretty fair then.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 13755
Join date : 2011-06-07

Back to top Go down

Lionel Messi winner of World Soccer’s World Player of the Year award. Empty Re: Lionel Messi winner of World Soccer’s World Player of the Year award.

Post by 7amood11 Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:35 am

Why is Guardiola so low? Because he only went through half of 2012 maybe?

And Conte should definitely be there. Took Juve from 7th in 2 successive seasons to become Italian champions, undefeated.
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 3112
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Lionel Messi winner of World Soccer’s World Player of the Year award. Empty Re: Lionel Messi winner of World Soccer’s World Player of the Year award.

Post by Valkyrja Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:40 am

Barcelona higher than Madrid ? They lost 2 times against Real this year.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 11266
Join date : 2011-11-10

Back to top Go down

Lionel Messi winner of World Soccer’s World Player of the Year award. Empty Re: Lionel Messi winner of World Soccer’s World Player of the Year award.

Post by Harmonica Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:48 am

likeastar wrote:Barcelona higher than Madrid ? They lost 2 times against Real this year.
Barcelona has 12 point more this year in La Liga.

Heads Up matches, 2W-2D-2L
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 13755
Join date : 2011-06-07

Back to top Go down

Lionel Messi winner of World Soccer’s World Player of the Year award. Empty Re: Lionel Messi winner of World Soccer’s World Player of the Year award.

Post by Blue Barrett Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:49 am

jiopsi wrote:
likeastar wrote:Barcelona higher than Madrid ? They lost 2 times against Real this year.
Barcelona has 12 point more this year in La Liga.

Heads Up matches, 2W-2D-2L
Isn't this based on YEAR and not just SEASON? Didn't Madrid win La Liga over Barcelona this YEAR? Plus they broke a lot of records in the process.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sunderland
Posts : 10348
Join date : 2012-03-03

Back to top Go down

Lionel Messi winner of World Soccer’s World Player of the Year award. Empty Re: Lionel Messi winner of World Soccer’s World Player of the Year award.

Post by Harmonica Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:51 am

Blue Barrett wrote:
jiopsi wrote:
likeastar wrote:Barcelona higher than Madrid ? They lost 2 times against Real this year.
Barcelona has 12 point more this year in La Liga.

Heads Up matches, 2W-2D-2L
Isn't this based on YEAR and not just SEASON? Didn't Madrid win La Liga over Barcelona this YEAR?
Yeah that's why 12 points instead of 11. Barcelona was behind 10 points in January.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 13755
Join date : 2011-06-07

Back to top Go down

Lionel Messi winner of World Soccer’s World Player of the Year award. Empty Re: Lionel Messi winner of World Soccer’s World Player of the Year award.

Post by harhar11 Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:52 am

likeastar wrote:Barcelona higher than Madrid ? They lost 2 times against Real this year.

awful logic seeing as real madrid lost twice against Barca this year as well...

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 3646
Join date : 2011-06-11

Back to top Go down

Lionel Messi winner of World Soccer’s World Player of the Year award. Empty Re: Lionel Messi winner of World Soccer’s World Player of the Year award.

Post by Blue Barrett Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:53 am

RDM getting votes btw :bow:
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sunderland
Posts : 10348
Join date : 2012-03-03

Back to top Go down

Lionel Messi winner of World Soccer’s World Player of the Year award. Empty Re: Lionel Messi winner of World Soccer’s World Player of the Year award.

Post by Le Samourai Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:02 am

What did Hazzard do this year lol. Who is voting for this dude?
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 11545
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 26

Back to top Go down

Lionel Messi winner of World Soccer’s World Player of the Year award. Empty Re: Lionel Messi winner of World Soccer’s World Player of the Year award.

Post by Blue Barrett Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:03 am

Le Samourai wrote:What did Hazzard do this year lol. Who is voting for this dude, how did he get fanboys?
Lille.

Though I think there are others a lot more deserving of a top 10 spot than him.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sunderland
Posts : 10348
Join date : 2012-03-03

Back to top Go down

Lionel Messi winner of World Soccer’s World Player of the Year award. Empty Re: Lionel Messi winner of World Soccer’s World Player of the Year award.

Post by RealGunner Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:04 am

He carried Lille to 3rd, and that's what people voted him for
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 89404
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Lionel Messi winner of World Soccer’s World Player of the Year award. Empty Re: Lionel Messi winner of World Soccer’s World Player of the Year award.

Post by S Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:10 am

RealGunner wrote:He carried Lille to 3rd, and that's what people voted him for

Ribery and Di Maria had better 'years'..Especially the former..

Personally i thought Reus carrying BMG to 4th place was much more of an impressive feat.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 28473
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Lionel Messi winner of World Soccer’s World Player of the Year award. Empty Re: Lionel Messi winner of World Soccer’s World Player of the Year award.

Post by Blue Barrett Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:12 am

Surag wrote:
RealGunner wrote:He carried Lille to 3rd, and that's what people voted him for

Ribery and Di Maria had better 'years'..Especially the former..

I also thought Reus carrying BMG to 4th place was much more of an impressive feat.
Of course you're going to oppose anything pro-Hazard Laughing Sod off Surag Laughing
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sunderland
Posts : 10348
Join date : 2012-03-03

Back to top Go down

Lionel Messi winner of World Soccer’s World Player of the Year award. Empty Re: Lionel Messi winner of World Soccer’s World Player of the Year award.

Post by Le Samourai Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:17 am

RealGunner wrote:He carried Lille to 3rd, and that's what people voted him for

I doubt that. I see most of his votes being reader votes, doubt anyone on a panel would vote for him.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 11545
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 26

Back to top Go down

Lionel Messi winner of World Soccer’s World Player of the Year award. Empty Re: Lionel Messi winner of World Soccer’s World Player of the Year award.

Post by S Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:17 am

Blue Barrett wrote:
Surag wrote:
RealGunner wrote:He carried Lille to 3rd, and that's what people voted him for

Ribery and Di Maria had better 'years'..Especially the former..

I also thought Reus carrying BMG to 4th place was much more of an impressive feat.
Of course you're going to oppose anything pro-Hazard Laughing Sod off Surag Laughing

No..But i think there are a lot more players who surely deserve to be ahead of him in the Top 10..But like Jiopsi explained he probably managed to enter the list by a hair of votes so it really isnt that big of a deal.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 28473
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Lionel Messi winner of World Soccer’s World Player of the Year award. Empty Re: Lionel Messi winner of World Soccer’s World Player of the Year award.

Post by RealGunner Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:24 am

Yea, Personally think RVP was more effective and important in 2012 but i am just trying to justify Hazard's inclusion.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 89404
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Lionel Messi winner of World Soccer’s World Player of the Year award. Empty Re: Lionel Messi winner of World Soccer’s World Player of the Year award.

Post by free_cat Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:25 am

Jiopsi, do you have some kind of rss feed that filters out news only about messi? Very Happy
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 8546
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Lionel Messi winner of World Soccer’s World Player of the Year award. Empty Re: Lionel Messi winner of World Soccer’s World Player of the Year award.

Post by Harmonica Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:33 am

Yes, although I accidentally posted news about Madrid and Barcelona couple days ago. Filter still needs tweaking. cheers
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 13755
Join date : 2011-06-07

Back to top Go down

Lionel Messi winner of World Soccer’s World Player of the Year award. Empty Re: Lionel Messi winner of World Soccer’s World Player of the Year award.

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum