The most underrated player on the forums...

+57
white_star
iNFINITY9910
juventus101
RedAndWhiteArmy
urbaNRoots
Seppuku
Giovanni10
23arshavin23
Khaled
lszanto
Red Alert
Kick
aford92
cyberman
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
cheesy
Blue
Pedram
hrealmadrid
boss
Ali
Serge Gnabry
poolsupporter
justdoit_
BeautifulGame
Yuri Yukuv
Omniscient
shinigami99
BAYERN_MUNICH
McAgger
jibers
The Messiah
Gil
InterMalia
Bear
Babun
Lord Awesome
che
shreek
Adit
FilipeFerreira
Lord Hades
EarlyPrototype
The Franchise
Raptorgunner
Ganso
Jack Daniels
Sushi Master
S
Senor Penguin
Swanhends
REWB
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Doc
guest7
the xcx
Albiceleste
61 posters

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

The most underrated player on the forums... - Page 4 Empty Re: The most underrated player on the forums...

Post by Adit Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:11 pm

Your video starts with abidal making an obvious pass to keita from half way line then keita scoring from a deflection from out side the box...assist

All that video shows is that he made some obvious passes l.What about a real one?

he is a decent passer i agree on that. But his offensive contribution is so little compared to the elite wing backs.

Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

The most underrated player on the forums... - Page 4 Empty Re: The most underrated player on the forums...

Post by Gil Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:13 pm

Fernando Torres by a country mile.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:13 pm

Lionel Messi wrote:Howedes is a fcking monster
Höwedes is very meh player.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:13 pm

the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:14 pm

Fullback =/= Wingback.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:15 pm

Adit wrote:Your video starts with abidal making an obvious pass to keita from half way line then keita scoring from a deflection from out side the box...assist

All that video shows is that he made some obvious passes l.What about a real one?

he is a decent passer i agree on that. But his offensive contribution is so little compared to the elite wing backs.

He is not a wing back ffs......

Let's compare Alves attacking contributions to Ivanovic or Sagna while we are at it Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:16 pm

Adit wrote:Your video starts with abidal making an obvious pass to keita from half way line then keita scoring from a deflection from out side the box...assist

Did anyone call him an elite fullback going forward?

My posting here was based on your comments, saying useless and then average. Again, no he isnt.

You picked out one final ball which wasnt anything special and ignore the rest. Obvious passes....what do you want him to do, 7 stepovers a flip flap to Robona?

His delivery is nearly very effective, he still has speed and because of his size he routinely gets on the end of passes played behind the opponant fullback. Messi gives balls to him very often and he hardly ever dissapoints with his next decision.

Then add, we play in tight spaces, he is fantastic at making decisions and finding the easy to pass. You say "obvious pass" just shows your lacking of understanding. Many of those passes were easy because he made quick and smart decisions to get himself into space.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:18 pm

The Franchise wrote:Abidal offers nothing offensively? Does anyone watch our games? He is excellent at getting out of tight situation with the ball at his feet.

Also

Doesnt even include last season where he was better then ever in both going forward and defending.

This season and he isnt even 100% fit yt.

Old school fullback my backside.

There is no need to make up lies to downgrade someone, just to lift up your own player.

Yeah very weird post. Abidal is a great example of a player who's technique can improve well beyond their "development years".
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:18 pm

omarish wrote:Abidal is not average going forward, I don't even watch Barca games so often but I've seen him against Real Madrid and I've seen him go forward more than Alves lately IMO

Against Madrid, I think its normal he goes forward more.

Mou likes playing Cristiano on the left partly because he knows Dani Alves wont bomb forward like he usually does. Its a good tactic from him. Up against Abidal, it wont matter because he isnt as agggressive in attacking.

So, because it restricts Alves, Abidal is often making more forward forays in games vs you.

So that could explain what you see.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:20 pm

Albitrol
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:23 pm

The Franchise wrote:
omarish wrote:Abidal is not average going forward, I don't even watch Barca games so often but I've seen him against Real Madrid and I've seen him go forward more than Alves lately IMO

Against Madrid, I think its normal he goes forward more.

Mou likes playing Cristiano on the left partly because he knows Dani Alves wont bomb forward like he usually does. Its a good tactic from him. Up against Abidal, it wont matter because he isnt as agggressive in attacking.

So, because it restricts Alves, Abidal is often making more forward forays in games vs you.

So that could explain what you see.

I understood that very well dani. it was kind off obvious, ronaldo is a very fast player and these are very hard to mark, which is why i saw alves much more restricted
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:24 pm

Yeah Gil, I never expect that from him. I didnt even think we would get the player he was at Lyon, let alone surpass that.

I dont remember anyone player improving to that degree in terms of technical skill at the age of 29/30.

I struggle to name someone who improved at all in those areas at that sort of age.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:26 pm

Can't let someone like Ronaldo loose.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:26 pm

The Franchise wrote:Yeah Gil, I never expect that from him. I didnt even think we would get the player he was at Lyon, let alone surpass that.

I dont remember anyone player improving to that degree in terms of technical skill at the age of 29/30.

I struggle to name someone who improved at all in those areas at that sort of age.

Luca Toni?
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:28 pm

The Franchise wrote:Yeah Gil, I never expect that from him. I didnt even think we would get the player he was at Lyon, let alone surpass that.

Mark Van Bommel?
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:28 pm

The most underrated player on the forums... - Page 4 Didier_drogba_reference

Mascherano is another although he's still fairly young.

EDIT: Drogba's improvement technique wise is debatable though. Mourinho was pretty much using him as battering ram while he was allowed to express himself more freely under Hiddink, Grant and Ancelotti.

Last edited by Gil on Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:30 pm

Drogba crossed my mind as well.

Klose? Or was he always Technical?
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:31 pm

There's no way Torres deserving a mention here..People expect more from him due to the high standards he set at liverpool..Its just he's not been performing and going through a bad patch of form currently..

He's an overrated footballer infact..
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:34 pm

Torres is good actually.

He's a modern 9. Seems to excell at Speed and pretty much balanced at everything else.

Last edited by Lord Hispano on Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:34 pm

Olic
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Chelsea

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:35 pm

Paul Scholes :coffee:
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:36 pm

The xcx wrote:

Then You don't know him, why must people talk about players they don't watch.
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:37 pm

The xcx wrote:

Mark Van Bommel?

What?

MVB has always been technical he was bleeding b2b playmaker of sorts at Barca......

Just because hes played as a destroyer the last few years it does'nt mean he's improved technically....

He always had it as shown by the sort of player he was earlier in his career.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:37 pm

Toni maybe, but I dont recall him in his younger days. Dont remember him as a 20 year old, or even a 25 year old.

Was he less technical then?

Van Bommell is a good one, but when he was at Barca, he was just as good on the ball as now. I think he was 28 then and I expect he was just as good before then seeing as he came from Holland. Thats just an assumption, nearly all Dutch players have technical ability.

Mascherano? You think he has improved? Since when, at Barca? I think slightly, if any.

Drogba, to a degree. I think he has a more consistent first touch, thats true. But he is a late bloomer, he started his career late and therefore picking up more and more skills late. So that could explain it.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:41 pm

I noticed Toni was more of poacher and now he's more of 1 touch type, ever since he was paired up with Mutu at Fiorentina.

Van Bommel's the opposite. He improved his physical play.

Masch is the same except he can play CB now.

Drogba's Technique is surprising, actually. Can actually give a good Free Kick.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:41 pm

Jack Daniels wrote:Bastian Schweinsteiger

/end thread

The thread should have ended right after you said that.

Thanks.
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next