Glory Hunting || How do you define it and what is the point?

+43
Nishankly
LeSwagg James
FennecFox7
Ă–MARz
rwo power
Ali
S
ChollaVille
Red Alert
BeautifulGame
The Verminator
Le Samourai
Sir Psycho
Luca
BarrileteCosmico
zizzle
Khaled
Lex
poolsupporter
baresi
Highburied
NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
InvalidComment
xabi
McLewis
TalkingReckless
Abramovich
SuperFloren
Lord Spencer
RED
che
iNFINITY9910
Art Morte
B-Mac
the xcx
Lord Hades
Jay29
Swanhends
izzy
El Chelsea Fuerte
milanfan7
Albiceleste
Great Leader Sprucenuce
47 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Glory Hunting || How do you define it and what is the point? - Page 2 Empty Re: Glory Hunting || How do you define it and what is the point?

Post by RED Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:51 pm

Basically everything that Mole and Bhends said.

RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Glory Hunting || How do you define it and what is the point? - Page 2 Empty Re: Glory Hunting || How do you define it and what is the point?

Post by Lord Spencer Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:00 pm

I support AC Milan and Atalanta because both of them offered my father youth contracts.

I support Milan more than Atalanta because;

a) I like red more than blue.
b) Atalanta is a feeder club.

See, some of us had more reasons on why we support our current clubs. It is not only success that motivated us. For example, my little nephew roots for Inter because he liked their jersey in PES 5. And the other nephew likes Arsenal because Henry was a horse in that game as well. We did not get many matches in Iraq or Saudi Arabia so games are where most people started supporting teams from.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperFloren Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:13 pm

One of my nemesis in the old forums was the perfect glory hunter. His name was Larisano. He talk us he was Real Madrid fan when Zidane was playing, and he became Barcelona fan in this new era.
SuperFloren
SuperFloren
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:16 pm

Cherry picking a club who are successful but then start talking about the history etc, its all well and good but don't start talking about history if it ain't ya local imo and yeah supporting another successful club after that or even supporting 2 clubs.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:58 pm

so Arsenal fans don't count as Glory Hunters right??? cause we haven't won in 6 years.....

anyways if i had a home team to support i would.....i do support a local team in whichever location i live in.....

Only reason i started supporting Arsenal was to piss of my Cousins from London who were all Spurs fans...
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:26 pm

I have no direct descendants from Rome or Italy for that matter.

I do have an uncle who was stationed at the US embassy in Rome though. He sent me back a Roma shirt and I fell in love with it. But that's not the only reason why I support that club. I love Roman history and I have an obsession with the city itself. Roma's colors are similar to that of which the solidiers of the Imperial legions wore. This also increased my interest in the club.

I never had a single thought to support any of the other Italian sides because the cities in which they inhabited did not exude the grandiosity that Rome represented.

I guess I can be called a glory hunter. But it's not Roma's glory that drew me to them. It was the glory that the city itself once had and still has to this day.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:07 am

A definition for Glory hunters? Barcelona fans or Inter fans :coffee:

Though, speaking from a personal stand point. In Sicily or Calabria, any southern region of Italy, we are all glory hunters. Sure we got teams like Palermo, Catania, Reggina, Messina, however we don't like them, we are hard heads and only enjoy winners. The majoirty favor for Juventus, meaning my whole family and most of my friends, current fans like the kids who started watching football, now all favor Inter... for this success in that last years. Glory hunters, some of the worst and I came to be one nonetheless, though I was born a fan.

Though, I also support Roma. As my second favortie team, has nothing to do with glory hunting because Roma has not won much, it has to do with the city, their jersies, the loyalty and love for the club. Sure I wouldn't consider myself a fan, I'm more of an admier of the club. Following Totti, their successes back then with when following the likes of Cassano and seeing Montella at his best. Their jersies are my favorite by far, as they love using Italian brands like Diadora, Kappa. I can go on and on, the point is, I'm not a glory hunter, things just happen to be how they are.

Back to top Go down

Post by xabi Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:30 am

Farca supporters that started supporting farcelona 2005 or 2008
xabi
xabi
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by InvalidComment Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:33 am

ManU fans..... (i am not generalizing)////always disturbs me
InvalidComment
InvalidComment
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by NiallQuinnsdiscoPants Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:36 am

I wouldn't take notice of Stoke fans on the oatcake, they are notoriously aggressive to fans of other clubs. They are hostile to most. However they probably will get allot of fans from glory clubs joining their forum to troll and give it the lemon.

We get them on the SMB

Glory hunters are fans who jump on the bandwagon and support a team because of success. And have no real connection to them. Those who say I support so and so because my great uncles, windows cleaners, neighbours, gay lovers, dentists, next door neighbour once went to a match are making excuses. Deep down they know they are glory boys.

I can understand the children of ex patriots in foreign territories following their lineage and supporting a team.

But people who just decide im going to support so and so from 1000s of miles away are glory supporters.

Last edited by GyansDancingBoots on Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:39 am; edited 1 time in total
NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Highburied Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:38 am

Glory hunters are someone like Piers Morgan who never stops criticizing players, coach, etc.

Who asks for expensive players to join, who doesnt understand the policy of the club, who doesnt care to cheer his fellow fans when we are down, etc.

Glory hunters are Real Madrid fans who dont know nothing other than sign big names.

Glory hunters are rookie barca fans who never tasted the down side of this club.

Glory hunters are Man Utd fans who cannot afford to travel from London to Manchester.

etc...etc.

A real fan is someone like me btw Smile...
Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:41 am

I forgot about Man U, add Chelsea to your list :coffee:

Back to top Go down

Post by baresi Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:48 am

IMO their is some sort of mix up between "glory hunter" and "Band wagoners", I see the definition of "glory hunters" more suitable for a club or an organiztion more than an indivisual. I see bhends and imaculate's definitions more as "band wagoners" and I totally agree; all of us are "band wagoners" in a way or other and I see no problem in that.

The problem I see is in "glory hunters",and those I seperate them into two:

1) Clubs that have no history, and get bought by rich owners and would like to start a decent history for their clubs. (no problem with that)

2) Clubs/Organizations that use sports to support a political mission and with relatively poor history compared with their rivals, and see sports as war where nothing is illegal, as long as it helps.
baresi
baresi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:49 am

The problem Baresi is, you guys bandwagon for Abate and yet you don't realize it :coffee:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:50 am

I don't have much of a problem with gloryhunters/bandwagoners, really, as it's true that these big clubs would not have anywhere near as large a fanbase as they do if they weren't successful.

However, it annoys me when someone starts supporting a club because they are successful, then starts bashing and laughing at less successful clubs. Example: Someone starting to support Barcelona after they won the Champions League, then rubbing the 8-2 loss into an Arsenal fan's face despite him staying loyal to his team.

Back to top Go down

Post by poolsupporter Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:57 am

I think it's worth noting how 99% of foreign fans tend to support one of the bigger clubs in the league they watch.
poolsupporter
poolsupporter
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by baresi Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:00 am

sciacca wrote:The problem Baresi is, you guys bandwagon for Abate and yet you don't realize it :coffee:
My bigger problem sciacca is, you never made sence to me. I wonder when will you notice it :coffee:
baresi
baresi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:01 am

poolsupporter wrote:I think it's worth noting how 99% of foreign fans tend to support one of the bigger clubs in the league they watch.

Exactly.
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:06 am

baresi wrote:
sciacca wrote:The problem Baresi is, you guys bandwagon for Abate and yet you don't realize it :coffee:
My bigger problem sciacca is, you never made sence to me. I wonder when will you notice it :coffee:

All this Abate nonesense is considered a bandwagon :coffee:

Back to top Go down

Post by baresi Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:21 am

sciacca wrote:
baresi wrote:

You mean something like you and wiggles or is this a personal issue? :coffee:
baresi
baresi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by poolsupporter Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:29 am

The Abate thing started as a joke/god of the week thing on the old forums. It's constant use on this forum is similar to Sciacca's constant use of the coffee guy.
poolsupporter
poolsupporter
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:31 am

baresi wrote:
sciacca wrote:
baresi wrote:

Something like me and Wiggles... I consider him one of the smartest... since when is a bandwagon with only two people, a bandwagon is when a majority favor something, Wiggles is hated all over the place, I'm maybe the only person who finds him right. So please, let's not say none sense here.

Back to top Go down

Post by baresi Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:38 am

sciacca wrote:
baresi wrote:
sciacca wrote:
baresi wrote:

Something like me and Wiggles... I consider him one of the smartest... since when is a bandwagon with only two people, a bandwagon is when a majority favor something, Wiggles is hated all over the place, I'm maybe the only person who finds him right. So please, let's not say none sense here.
I was just asking, you could have easily said its a personal issue. :coffee:
baresi
baresi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:42 am

What on earth does me thinking he's one of the smartest guys on here have to do with personal feelings lmao? :facepalm:

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:47 am

Glory Hunter: Someone who becomes the fan of one of the best teams because they just want to win and achieve glory, hence the name "glory hunter"
Bandwagon: When one team is being followed by alot of people for certain reasons and the person becomes a fan of them because it's the current fad

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:54 am

Manchester City fans. Used to be as rare as Mewtwo in the days when Boro and Wigan dealt out thrashings weekly. Suddenly, they get a rich pimp, they win a trophy by throwing half a billion squid into the team and my FB and Twitter are littered with "Manchester is blue" and "there's only one team in Manchester, and it's not United" etc etc etc

Makes me want to vomit
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next