When did Casillas overtake Buffon's spot as best keeper in the world? And has Neuer already stole that from Casillas?

+29
ChollaVille
guest7
B-Mac
Doc
jibers
El Chelsea Fuerte
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Le Samourai
DeviAngel
Jeps33178
VivaStPauli
rwo power
emassy
McAgger
Sushi Master
LeSwagg James
Lord Awesome
H.A.
windkick
Arquitecto
Pedram
Albiceleste
The Franchise
Raptorgunner
lszanto
wigglesworth
The Madrid One
Kick
BarrileteCosmico
33 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

When did Casillas become better than Buffon?

When did Casillas overtake Buffon's spot as best keeper in the world? And has Neuer already stole that from Casillas? - Page 3 Vote_lcap5%When did Casillas overtake Buffon's spot as best keeper in the world? And has Neuer already stole that from Casillas? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 2 ]
When did Casillas overtake Buffon's spot as best keeper in the world? And has Neuer already stole that from Casillas? - Page 3 Vote_lcap0%When did Casillas overtake Buffon's spot as best keeper in the world? And has Neuer already stole that from Casillas? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
When did Casillas overtake Buffon's spot as best keeper in the world? And has Neuer already stole that from Casillas? - Page 3 Vote_lcap3%When did Casillas overtake Buffon's spot as best keeper in the world? And has Neuer already stole that from Casillas? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 1 ]
When did Casillas overtake Buffon's spot as best keeper in the world? And has Neuer already stole that from Casillas? - Page 3 Vote_lcap8%When did Casillas overtake Buffon's spot as best keeper in the world? And has Neuer already stole that from Casillas? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 3 ]
When did Casillas overtake Buffon's spot as best keeper in the world? And has Neuer already stole that from Casillas? - Page 3 Vote_lcap15%When did Casillas overtake Buffon's spot as best keeper in the world? And has Neuer already stole that from Casillas? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 15% 
[ 6 ]
When did Casillas overtake Buffon's spot as best keeper in the world? And has Neuer already stole that from Casillas? - Page 3 Vote_lcap5%When did Casillas overtake Buffon's spot as best keeper in the world? And has Neuer already stole that from Casillas? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 2 ]
When did Casillas overtake Buffon's spot as best keeper in the world? And has Neuer already stole that from Casillas? - Page 3 Vote_lcap8%When did Casillas overtake Buffon's spot as best keeper in the world? And has Neuer already stole that from Casillas? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 3 ]
When did Casillas overtake Buffon's spot as best keeper in the world? And has Neuer already stole that from Casillas? - Page 3 Vote_lcap0%When did Casillas overtake Buffon's spot as best keeper in the world? And has Neuer already stole that from Casillas? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
When did Casillas overtake Buffon's spot as best keeper in the world? And has Neuer already stole that from Casillas? - Page 3 Vote_lcap58%When did Casillas overtake Buffon's spot as best keeper in the world? And has Neuer already stole that from Casillas? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 58% 
[ 23 ]

Total Votes : 40

When did Casillas overtake Buffon's spot as best keeper in the world? And has Neuer already stole that from Casillas? - Page 3 Empty Re: When did Casillas overtake Buffon's spot as best keeper in the world? And has Neuer already stole that from Casillas?

Post by jibers Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:36 pm

Never thought cassilas was the best never will. Valdes is better and has been for a while, van der sar was better, neuer is on his way, lloris is better. RM fans clutching at straws, like the way marcelo after haldf a good season became the best lb is the whole world.

jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

When did Casillas overtake Buffon's spot as best keeper in the world? And has Neuer already stole that from Casillas? - Page 3 Empty Re: When did Casillas overtake Buffon's spot as best keeper in the world? And has Neuer already stole that from Casillas?

Post by jibers Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:37 pm

Immaculate_Mole wrote:Casillas has been meh for 3 years except for a handful moments of brilliance

Like Zidane basiclly, a string of inconsistent performances and one moment of brilliance.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:58 pm

Once again, until Real Madrid drops him, till Spain drops him, until everyone proclaims him to be past it beyond thought, I think I can safely say the man, Iker Casillas is still an excellent keeper that deserves his status as a legend for both club and country. As for the quip about Valdes and Lloris being better than Casillas, to each his own. Seen some stuff that make those 2 better in certain situations but for Valdes case, when he takes the starting spot in Spain NT, I would always beg to differ...

As for the topic, I don't think Casillas ever really over took Buffon in my eyes. This is a man who was compared to Zoff and for good reason. Just my silly opinion anyway...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:03 pm

Doc wrote:Once again, until Real Madrid drops him, till Spain drops him, until everyone proclaims him to be past it beyond thought, I think I can safely say the man, Iker Casillas is still an excellent keeper that deserves his status as a legend for both club and country. As for the quip about Valdes and Lloris being better than Casillas, to each his own. Seen some stuff that make those 2 better in certain situations but for Valdes case, when he takes the starting spot in Spain NT, I would always beg to differ...

As for the topic, I don't think Casillas ever really over took Buffon in my eyes. This is a man who was compared to Zoff and for good reason. Just my silly opinion anyway...

Valdes is better, but for political reasons, as guillem balague, a man who knows more about football and spanish football than you ever will, said. Valdes will never ovetake cassilas. Spain play in the barca way, they are folloiowing Barcas model to the core. Valdes would be more suited as well.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:05 pm

Spain needs a representative from Madrid. They can't just put all Barca players. Laughing

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:23 pm

jibers wrote:
Doc wrote:Once again, until Real Madrid drops him, till Spain drops him, until everyone proclaims him to be past it beyond thought, I think I can safely say the man, Iker Casillas is still an excellent keeper that deserves his status as a legend for both club and country. As for the quip about Valdes and Lloris being better than Casillas, to each his own. Seen some stuff that make those 2 better in certain situations but for Valdes case, when he takes the starting spot in Spain NT, I would always beg to differ...

Valdes is better, but for political reasons, as guillem balague, a man who knows more about football and spanish football than you ever will, said. Valdes will never ovetake cassilas. Spain play in the barca way, they are folloiowing Barcas model to the core. Valdes would be more suited as well.

Yes because Mr. Balague is the be all and end all of Spanish football isn't he. Also, it was Luis "I hate Real Madrid" Aragones who picked Casillas as captain and starting keeper. He also dropped the seemingly un-droppable (fake word ftw) Raul. In fact, Luis actually attempted successfully a more non political stance to the National Team set up. Now I've always seen such an argument that Valdes doesn't get picked because of political purposes and I do agree, there is a factual stance to such things but let's not make it out to be the only thing.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:03 pm

lol People judging Buffons form like they have watched Juventus games for the past 3 years...

Juve no CL = BUFFON SUCK NOW OMGZ

still a great leader and shot stopper, he has hit injury problems...but Van Der Sar was world class and top of his game till he retired at 40....Buffon still has many years to give and can still be the best in the world

not to mention that he finally had back surgery last year, and his back had been a problem that had bothered him for a few seasons...so i expect the injury woes to decline
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:34 pm

Can't believe the shit I'm reading...........

Since when has Casillas NOT showed brilliance for Spain? In fact, who saved Spains huge ego from dying against Ghana? There is a reason he is still a starter and that's becouse he is still miles more important than Valdes. He is Spains leader, and the godmode he shows for Spain has been their savior in the World Cup.

Don't tell me any Goalkeeper in the WC could have done the job Casillas did. Valdes is still the inferior shot stopper, and while he knows tiki taka inside and out, Casillas has proven he can play it too. Just like Ramos and Alonso has.
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by ChollaVille Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:03 am

How can you vote for never?????? You are saying that Buffon in this or last season is/was better than Casillas??? In last 2-3 years Buffon is not even top 5.

For last season 2010/2011
Casillas, Valdes, van der Saar, Neuer, Cesar, Reina, Čech were all better than Buffon.
ChollaVille
ChollaVille
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by aford92 Mon Sep 19, 2011 6:42 pm

Nobody has ever overtaken Buffon. A 100% fit Buffon is still the best keeper in the world.
aford92
aford92
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by aford92 Mon Sep 19, 2011 6:44 pm

B-Mac MUFC wrote:lol People judging Buffons form like they have watched Juventus games for the past 3 years...

Juve no CL = BUFFON SUCK NOW OMGZ

still a great leader and shot stopper, he has hit injury problems...but Van Der Sar was world class and top of his game till he retired at 40....Buffon still has many years to give and can still be the best in the world

not to mention that he finally had back surgery last year, and his back had been a problem that had bothered him for a few seasons...so i expect the injury woes to decline

This ^^ :bow:
aford92
aford92
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Mon Sep 19, 2011 6:54 pm

Casillas has been great in this past 4 games. He saved us from humiliation and the 3 goals that we conceded was our defence fault.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by CaseyBoi Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:29 pm

Buffon has forgotten more about goalkeeping than Casillas has ever know Thumbs up
CaseyBoi
CaseyBoi
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Magricos Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:40 pm

I really don't understand the argument he is crap because he isn't in the CL people don't go around saying he is crap and saying he wasn't in CL so people don't see is a stupid argument as well.

Magricos
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3