Benry
djoe26
Sina
Jay29
Iceman
60 posters

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

The 2011 Summer Transfer Rumours Thread  - Page 2 Empty Re: The 2011 Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by sagnik92 Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:24 am

reportedly we are negotiating with you guys.55 mil for cesc.

thiago can be included to drop the price.

sagnik92
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

The 2011 Summer Transfer Rumours Thread  - Page 2 Empty Re: The 2011 Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Iceman Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:24 am

What I've been reading on twitter is that the offer is 40-45 million + Thiago.

Honestly speaking, if that is the case, then we should make the deal. End this saga once and for all, and have the most talented midfield on the planet (Thiago+Wilshere+Ramsey)
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:30 am

45 mil + player a bit hard to believe consider what Barca offered previously, I would consider it though, too good to be true.
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:35 am

The offer is more close to 40 + Thiago, not 45 but I just put that in there as a range.

About Valbeuna...Not good enough. Not good enough at all in my opinion. He's one of those players that I just don't rate.
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by djoe26 Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:44 pm

Arsenal to offer €17m for Lille's Gervinho - report
Forward has been on the radar of Liverpool and Spurs but has already said he wants to play for a club in the Champions League after impressive season in Ligue 1

Arsenal will reportedly have to spend €17 million if they want to defeat the likes of Liverpool, Tottenham, Newcastle and Everton to the signature of Lille striker Gervinho.

The 24-year-old made a big impact last season scoring 15 goals in 40 matches to help Lille win their third Ligue 1, 57 years after winning their last title.

Liverpool reportedly made an £11m (€12.5m) offer to recruit the Ivory Coast player which Lille rejected insisting they want at least £15m (€17m) for their star striker.

According to News of the World, Gunners boss Arsene Wenger has been impressed by Gervinho and will offer him the chance to play in the coveted Champions League after the striker declared that he would favour a club who will be contenders in Europe when making his choice.

Gervinho is expected to decide whether to stay with the new Ligue 1 champions next season or join one of the Premier League teams racing to sign him after the Ivory Coast’s African Nations Cup qualifier against Benin on Sunday.

Source:
http://www.goal.com/en/news/11/transfer-zone/2011/06/05/2518979/arsenal-to-offer-17m-for-lilles-gervinho-report
djoe26
djoe26
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by djoe26 Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:58 pm

40mil + Thiago? i would take that offer any day Very Happy

Last edited by djoe26 on Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
djoe26
djoe26
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:03 pm

We're being constantly linked with Gervinho now.
The links with Alvarez have died down a bit, even though there is the odd report here and there which states that we are currently ironing out a deal with his club.
Also, the Odeminwingie rumors seems a bit suspicious to me. They just popped up in one day and now we are "ready to sign him" all of a sudden.
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:23 pm

Thiago Alcantara's father has rejected reports that the Barcelona starlet could go to Arsenal as part of a swap deal for Cesc Fabregas.

Reports have suggested Barcelona were prepared to offer Thiago in part-exchange in a £50million swoop for long-term transfer target Fabregas.

20-year-old Thiago is highly-rated at Camp Nou, but he has found first-team opportunities hard to come by because of Barca's star-studded line-up.

It had been suggested Barcelona were hoping to finally persuade Arsenal to part with Fabregas by offering Thiago as part of the deal.
Contract

However, Thiago's father, former Brazil international Mazinho, claims the midfielder is going nowhere as he remains part of Pep Guardiola's plans.

"We have seen the news in the papers, but I belive that Thiago is in the plans of Guardiola for next season," Mazinho told EFE.

"My son stays at Barcelona. They have a contract and we have decided it's continuity.

"Thiago is developing and needs to evolve.

"This season was important, but next season could be better."

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiwigunner Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:29 pm

How did they make a story out of that quote. A quote saying that his dad doesn't think that he's going anywhere.
Kiwigunner
Kiwigunner
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:16 pm

Do we really want to sell Fabregas now? And get in another youngster? What are we? A youth developing engine for the Barca vehicle? FTS. I am not for selling Cesc this season and nor the next. He may want to be in Barca but he knows he doesn't get much game time till Xavi is around. Nor is he complaining. He is loyal enough to keep his mouth shut and play his heart out every time he pulls on our shirt.
We need 1-2 years for Wilshere and Ramsey and maybe Lansbury to settle well into the first team. Till then, lets not be swayed by their youth being offered to us. We already have Wilsheree, Ramsey, Lansbury and then Toral, Silva, etc coming through our youth for the future midfield. We don't need Thiago Alcantara, no matter how good he is. I would rather take Canales from Madrid though!

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiwigunner Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:25 pm

srigooner wrote:Do we really want to sell Fabregas now? And get in another youngster? What are we? A youth developing engine for the Barca vehicle? FTS. I am not for selling Cesc this season and nor the next. He may want to be in Barca but he knows he doesn't get much game time till Xavi is around. Nor is he complaining. He is loyal enough to keep his mouth shut and play his heart out every time he pulls on our shirt.
We need 1-2 years for Wilshere and Ramsey and maybe Lansbury to settle well into the first team. Till then, lets not be swayed by their youth being offered to us. We already have Wilsheree, Ramsey, Lansbury and then Toral, Silva, etc coming through our youth for the future midfield. We don't need Thiago Alcantara, no matter how good he is. I would rather take Canales from Madrid though!

What some here are discussing are that we might even be better off without Cesc. He only played like 25 pl games last year. If we can get 50m for him, then buy someone more reliable who can improve us in different ways.

For example, problem areas for many people, back-up striker, imposing CB, DM cover.

We could bring in Gervinho/Benz/Higuain, Cahill/Samba, Melo, all for far under Cescs price. You could suggest that the improvement from those players would make us a better team than we are now, with no extra cost.
Kiwigunner
Kiwigunner
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:44 pm

Kiwigunner wrote:
What some here are discussing are that we might even be better off without Cesc. He only played like 25 pl games last year. If we can get 50m for him, then buy someone more reliable who can improve us in different ways.

For example, problem areas for many people, back-up striker, imposing CB, DM cover.

We could bring in Gervinho/Benz/Higuain, Cahill/Samba, Melo, all for far under Cescs price. You could suggest that the improvement from those players would make us a better team than we are now, with no extra cost.

I agree with you on the fact that we could bring in others.. But with an exception of the Nou Camp game, Arsenal are a different beast when Cesc plays.. We have a much better chance of winning a match when he and RvP play.. And the stats last season back me up here.. We have seen time and again that we lack creativity.. And Fabregas is the only one at his level with creativity.. Arshavin does it on occasions, RvP is injury prone, Nasri is ..... <I'm going to refrain from calling him names here>, Wilshere and Rambo need more time to mature..

Of the players who you suggest, who can bring in that creativity? Selling Fabregas translates into a lot of changes, right from our formation to the way we play.. I would love to go back to the old 4-4-2 of the Invincibles era, we did much better then.. But RvP is not Henry and this transition can't happen over one summer.. It'll take time.. Just as Wilshere and Rambo will take to mature.. Although I must admit, Fabregas scored 15 from 27 games in 2009-10 and 3 from 25 in 2010-11.

This is the first summer in 3 or 4 years that Fabregas is having a breather right? I truly believe that the rest would see him return on top of his game next year man.. My only concern is, why should we sacrifice what good we have to strengthen where we are lacking? I don't want to be sitting trophyless this time next summer debating who we should sell to make money to buy a creative midfielder!!

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by SUPERCARTTS Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:58 pm

The good thing about Alcantara is that he had amazing ball retention and an eye for a killer through ball. Let's see how serious Barcelona are; £40m and Alcantara...
SUPERCARTTS
SUPERCARTTS
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:02 pm

Anyone can compare him and Canales?? Just curious.. I have seen a few videos of Canales and have only read tidbts about Alacantara.. Hence my prejudice..

Btw, you guys saw some of those peachy balls Wilshere produced against Switzerland? Very Happy

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiwigunner Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:20 pm

srigooner wrote:

I agree with you on the fact that we could bring in others.. But with an exception of the Nou Camp game, Arsenal are a different beast when Cesc plays.. We have a much better chance of winning a match when he and RvP play.. And the stats last season back me up here.. We have seen time and again that we lack creativity.. And Fabregas is the only one at his level with creativity.. Arshavin does it on occasions, RvP is injury prone, Nasri is ..... <I'm going to refrain from calling him names here>, Wilshere and Rambo need more time to mature..

Of the players who you suggest, who can bring in that creativity? Selling Fabregas translates into a lot of changes, right from our formation to the way we play.. I would love to go back to the old 4-4-2 of the Invincibles era, we did much better then.. But RvP is not Henry and this transition can't happen over one summer.. It'll take time.. Just as Wilshere and Rambo will take to mature.. Although I must admit, Fabregas scored 15 from 27 games in 2009-10 and 3 from 25 in 2010-11.

This is the first summer in 3 or 4 years that Fabregas is having a breather right? I truly believe that the rest would see him return on top of his game next year man.. My only concern is, why should we sacrifice what good we have to strengthen where we are lacking? I don't want to be sitting trophyless this time next summer debating who we should sell to make money to buy a creative midfielder!!

It is true, we're a lot better with him. Having him out of the club does give us more freedom in our formation though. We could play a midfield of Wilshere and Song, with RvP and Chamakh/other striker up front, or play ramsey ahead of wilshere and song in midfield. I'd say thats the main advantage in the creativity - flexibility. Don't know if we'll see it though.
Kiwigunner
Kiwigunner
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:14 pm

Anyone know when the mobile version will be ready for posting??
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by usman111 Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:18 pm

kiwigunner +1 Very Happy
usman111
usman111
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by usman111 Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:20 pm

Arsenal have reportedly joined Manchester City in the race to snap up Everton defender Leighton Baines in the summer.
City boss Roberto Mancini has been linked with a swoop for 26-year-old Baines is wanted at Eastlands, with talk of a possible cash-plus-player deal involving Wayne Bridge.
However, it has now been suggested that Gunners boss Arsene Wenger could try and make a counter offer to take the England international to the Emirates Stadium.
Everton will be keen to keep hold of key man Baines, but with finances tight at the Merseyside club, boss David Moyes has been informed that he will have to sell before he can then move to bring in any of his own transfer targets.
This could lead to an interesting scramble between City and Arsenal as the two clubs bid to bolster their respective back lines for Champions League football next term. [u]

Last edited by usman111 on Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
usman111
usman111
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by usman111 Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:20 pm

After six years at the Emirates and a lot of inconsistent performances by the Ivorian Emmanuel Eboue, has left many to question if he should still be at the North London club.
Whether or not Arsene Wenger is going to add him to his summer cull as he looks to rebuild the Gunners after another disappointing season that ended up with Arsenal once again winning nothing, after much hype before the start of last season.
Emmanuel Eboue is seen as a quick attacking right back, who can also play on the right side of midfield, and despite his inconsistency has seen his name being targeted by the likes of Roma, but the Queens Park Rangers manager Neil Warnock is convinced he could sign the right back and give him a regular starting spot at Loftus Road.
Warnock is keen to add Premier League experience to his newly promoted team and it is reported that Eboue’s price of £5 million will not be an issue to the club.
The Rangers board have agreed to free up money for the transfer period and are prepared to meet that price to take Eboue from the Emirates across the way from North London to West London. [b][i]
usman111
usman111
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiwigunner Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:26 pm

usman111 wrote:kiwigunner +1 Very Happy

haha legend, fixing what some other dick did Very Happy now i look respectable
Kiwigunner
Kiwigunner
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:33 pm

City are not going to try and get Baines. They already have Kolarov. Unless he is leaving, it makes no sense for them to go after Baines so the credibility of that report is very shaky.

As for the second one....wtf? So first we slack down Nasri for not being loyal/not loving the club enough and now we're trying to get rid of Eboue, who loves this club more than anything and has barely complained? I would hate for us to do that. We need players like him
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:44 pm

Chill fady, the report just says Warnock will like him.. Doesn't say we put him up for sale Smile Don't worry about Eboue, he ain't going nowhere.. We don't have any other RBs apart from him and song, see!

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:36 pm

Both Liverpool and Arsenal are in the race to sign Barcelona striker Bojan Krkic.

The 20-year-old star has been said to be unsettled at the Nou Camp after falling down the pecking order behind the likes of Lionel Messi and David Villa.

And with the European champions looking to finalize a deal to sign Villarreal striker Giuseppe Rossi, Bojan's future at the club has been cast in further doubt.

According to The Daily Mirror newspaper, Liverpool are believed to be readying a £17million bid for the Spaniard as Kenny Dalglish looks to add to an already formidable strikeforce consisting of Luis Suarez and Andy Carroll.

The report also claimed that the Reds are hoping to tie up a double deal which could see Bojan's team-mate Jeffren move to Anfield.

Meanwhile, Arsenal are also monitoring the situation closely and could enter a bidding war with their Premier League rivals.

The Gunners could lose unsettled midfield star Sami Nasri, whose contract expires next year and admitted he is open to a move to Manchester United.

For the Reds, Joe Cole is set for a move to Tottenham after a largely disappointing season since arriving from Chelsea last summer.

Source: ESPNSTAR

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:49 pm

According to 'insiders' on twitter:

Arsenal and Newcastle have both had bids accepted by Lille for Gervinho, and the player has decided to join Arsenal. The signing will be announced officially on Wednesday.
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by Spider Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:54 pm

Hmmm interesting

Let's wait and see then
Spider
Spider
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/#!/ma7moud_21

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:55 pm

Can we skip tomo and get to Wednesday already!?!?!

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next