Lord Hades
Albiceleste
BarrileteCosmico
S
sagnik92
37 posters

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Off-Topic: Argentina National Team - Page 4 Empty Re: Off-Topic: Argentina National Team

Post by Albiceleste Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:02 am

4-4-2 is alright, we're much more direct now. We'll see with more games how we play. My ideal team at the moment

Romero
Pillud Coloccini Mascherano Ansaldi
Banega Gago
Messi Pastore Di Maria
Higuain

I really want to play with Aguero but there just isn't room for him, he'll have to earn his spot over Di Maria or Higuain.

With Banega he is hit or miss unfortunately Neutral

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Off-Topic: Argentina National Team - Page 4 Empty Re: Off-Topic: Argentina National Team

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:13 am

The starting line up was

Andujar
Zabaleta - Burdisso - Otamendi - Rojo
Sosa - Banega - Brana - Di Maria
Messi - Higuain

So we're playing a 4-4-2 now, it was fairly effective. Romero was out injured, I believe, and Mascherano was suspended so Brana took his place (why not Biglia?). Sosa is well connected, rumor has it that his agent is the nephew of Bilardo - only reason someone so average would start. It would make more sense to start Salvio there - or try how Pastore would do on the wing given his recent form.

While the defense was woeful I think everyone defended more as a unit.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:15 am

Lionel Messi wrote:4-4-2 is alright, we're much more direct now. We'll see with more games how we play. My ideal team at the moment

Romero
Banega Gago
Messi Pastore Di Maria
Higuain

I really want to play with Aguero but there just isn't room for him, he'll have to earn his spot over Di Maria or Higuain.

So you advocate moving Messi away from the centre? I guess if the fullback is good enough to cover and Pastore interchanges a bit, it should work.
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:19 am

Rojo was awful, nearly every attack started on his wing. I say give Ansaldi a shot. On the very least, it would make me stop wondering why we're not using him Very Happy
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:25 am

BarcaKizz wrote:
Lionel Messi wrote:4-4-2 is alright, we're much more direct now. We'll see with more games how we play. My ideal team at the moment

Romero
Banega Gago
Messi Pastore Di Maria
Higuain

So you advocate moving Messi away from the centre? I guess if the fullback is good enough to cover and Pastore interchanges a bit, it should work.
Yes. Pillud is great in attack and I would expect Messi to be in a freerole type of position interchanging with Pastore like you said.

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:27 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:The starting line up was

Andujar
Zabaleta - Burdisso - Otamendi - Rojo
Sosa - Banega - Brana - Di Maria
Messi - Higuain

So we're playing a 4-4-2 now, it was fairly effective. Romero was out injured, I believe, and Mascherano was suspended so Brana took his place (why not Biglia?). Sosa is well connected, rumor has it that his agent is the nephew of Bilardo - only reason someone so average would start. It would make more sense to start Salvio there - or try how Pastore would do on the wing given his recent form.

While the defense was woeful I think everyone defended more as a unit.
My thoughts as well. Cambiasso even touted Biglia as his successor.

Argentina should start Gago over Banega in a 442 imo. Banega's intl form is mediocre atm and he should be benched.

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:01 pm

I wasn't really that impressed by argentinas performance last night. Yes they won 4-1 but result doesn't reflect on how the game was played out. They didn't dominate the game and if chile had better finisher the end result would have been closer.. Don't get me wrong, argentina were the better side and deserved to win, but not by 4-1..

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Oct 08, 2011 4:34 pm

I agree that the result is too generous. Our defensive unit was weak as a whole, but I want to give Sabella a chance to fix this. This is his debut, after all, we'll see what he can do in some months.

Speaking of generosity, is Messi likelier to pass than finish for Argentina than for Barca? There was one instance in particular where I thought "If this were Barca, he would not have tried to pass it to Higuain and he would have shot". Why could this be?
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by shinigami99 Sat Oct 08, 2011 5:12 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:I agree that the result is too generous. Our defensive unit was weak as a whole, but I want to give Sabella a chance to fix this. This is his debut, after all, we'll see what he can do in some months.

Speaking of generosity, is Messi likelier to pass than finish for Argentina than for Barca? There was one instance in particular where I thought "If this were Barca, he would not have tried to pass it to Higuain and he would have shot". Why could this be?

Definitely a mental problem....Probably he is worried that if he took the shot and missed that everybody would say that in Barcelona he would have scored. By passing to Higuain, he takes that pressure off of him with the obvious consequence that he would not be scoring as much. That said, there's no reason for him to have these problems since he is a world class professional with pressure on him all the time.

I don't know. Normally Messi is our best player even if the team loses. However, last night he clearly was not the best player. He lost the ball quite a lot of times and looked a bit frustrated at some point.
shinigami99
shinigami99
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Sat Oct 08, 2011 5:18 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:I agree that the result is too generous. Our defensive unit was weak as a whole, but I want to give Sabella a chance to fix this. This is his debut, after all, we'll see what he can do in some months.

Yes, he is, without a doubt. I wonder why too. Perhaps because he is such under big pressure to be the new Maradona and create play also aside from score. I don't know.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 08, 2011 5:20 pm

Sorry to butt into your forum just have to say Higuain and Messi partnership gave me absolute chills yesterday

Hoping for more of the same in the future and maybe some titles to come from it Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Oct 08, 2011 5:38 pm

Crimson wrote:Sorry to butt into your forum just have to say Higuain and Messi partnership gave me absolute chills yesterday

Hoping for more of the same in the future and maybe some titles to come from it Smile

No worrys about it Crim.....

You are always welcome here as you actually add quality instead of some people who just troll they can GTFO Very Happy
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:25 pm

Without a doubt. There were 2 example of that yesterday, one was the one we were talking about in the match thread and the 2nd one was with higuains 3rd goal.

shinigami99 wrote:
Definitely a mental problem....Probably he is worried that if he took the shot and missed that everybody would say that in Barcelona he would have scored. By passing to Higuain, he takes that pressure off of him with the obvious consequence that he would not be scoring as much. That said, there's no reason for him to have these problems since he is a world class professional with pressure on him all the time.

I don't know. Normally Messi is our best player even if the team loses. However, last night he clearly was not the best player. He lost the ball quite a lot of times and looked a bit frustrated at some point.

I don't really think that it is a problem. I agree that last night he wasn't the best player for Argentina, infact I thought that it was one of his worst game for Argentina in a looong time, but its only good that he becomes more selfless for Argentina AND Barca...

Last edited by harhar11 on Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:30 pm; edited 2 times in total

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:26 pm

Crimson wrote:Sorry to butt into your forum just have to say Higuain and Messi partnership gave me absolute chills yesterday

Madrid fans are welcome so long as they add to the conversation. Trolls aren't.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:28 pm

I liked the Higgy / Di Maria / Messi trio more than the duo Very Happy

I feel bad for Aguero though, he is too quality to sit on the bench but the attack is too good for him.
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:32 pm

omarish wrote:I liked the Higgy / Di Maria / Messi trio more than the duo Very Happy

I feel bad for Aguero though, he is too quality to sit on the bench but the attack is too good for him.

I honestly don't think that Aguero has to worry that much. Higuain can blow hot and cold, and when he blows cold then Aguero takes over.

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:40 pm

We seem to forget that terrible back injury that higuain had. Amazing how he recovered
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:56 pm

harhar11 wrote: but its only good that he becomes more selfless for Argentina AND Barca...

I disagree. I think Messi at Barça has the perfect balance of selfisness/selflessness.
Yes, he times misses a clear pass to Villa (mostly), but he also sometimes score when this happen. While sometimes, he passes the ball, and the other one doesn't score. He is also more prolifical than ever giving assists, which clearly means he is not very selfihs. And he is the best dribler in the world - by far - we have to take advantadge of that.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:03 am

omarish wrote:I liked the Higgy / Di Maria / Messi trio more than the duo Very Happy

He could try to get Sosa's place. Not sure how well he would perform there, but it would be quite scary.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:45 am

--------Higuain-Aguero----------
Dive Maria-Ever----Masch----Messi
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:12 am

Messi would fail hard at right mid in a 442 Neutral Aguero will find his place in the team somewhere Very Happy

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:37 am

IMO

The front three were fine

have Higgy, Di Maria and Messi boss the front line with Gago, Ever and Masch in midfield = wins

Di Maria and Messi both track back very well as it is so the dynamics would be amazing

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:06 am

I think if they can do without him in midfield, Masch would be a saviour for Argentina's defence, which is a dog's breakfast to be honest. They struggle to play the ball out of defence really well as well, and Masch would help with this too. When he's played for Argie, his passing actually stands out.

Gago impressed me as a deep-lying playmaker for them, so I think he should be there with 2 others. Banega is probably their best mid... so he should start, but he has to be more consistent too.
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:16 pm

Andujar
Zabaleta Otamendi Coloccini Ansaldi
Mascherano Banega
Di Maria Messi Aguero
Higuian

Imho, i would like Pastore in there but i dont see where to fit him Sad
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:41 am

Bench di maria. Simple
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by billionmillion Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:48 am

Aguero is better passer than most of arg midfielders. I still remember that venezuella match when messi aguero and tevez linked so well. why they changed this i dont understand. Di maria is no where creative and intelligent as aguero. play banega pastore aguero tevez messi higuain together if the team doesnt become the best in the world then i would change my name
billionmillion
billionmillion
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next