Lord Hades
Albiceleste
BarrileteCosmico
S
sagnik92
37 posters

Page 7 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Off-Topic: Argentina National Team - Page 7 Empty Re: Off-Topic: Argentina National Team

Post by Albiceleste Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:18 am

Should be a 4231.

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Off-Topic: Argentina National Team - Page 7 Empty Re: Off-Topic: Argentina National Team

Post by shinigami99 Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:47 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Predicted Argentina team:

Romero
Zabaleta Demi Burdisso Clemente
Gago Masche Ricky
Messi Pastore Higuain

A few suggestions for Sabella:

Play Masche as a CB, Pastore in Ricky's position, and Aguero as the new forward. Play Messi centrally.

Edit: apparently Aguero got injured in practice.

I'm thinking(hoping) that it would be more of a 4-3-1-2 or 4-2-3-1 rather than a 4-3-3

However, apart from the shambles that is the argentina defence(with the possible exception of Clemente; Zabaleta is too average for me), the attack looks REALLY strong. If we can't score more than 4 tomorrow with this formation then something is definitely wrong.
shinigami99
shinigami99
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:17 pm

It doesn't really matter how good the attack is if we can't create, and that's not a particularly creative midfield there. Nothing against Gago and Ricky, but we have much better midfielders available (granted, Ever is injured). Very excited to see Pastore and Messi play together, but I'm just wondering how Pastore will be used. I imagine in that formation it's actually closer to a 4-3-1-2.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:37 pm

No Colo No Party :coffee:

Spoiler:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:39 pm

Garay is comfortably better than Demigod also he is a excellent ball playing CB.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:41 pm

Adit wrote:Garay is comfortably better than Demigod also he is a excellent ball playing CB.

King Colo > Gayray > Demigod

imho.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Fri Nov 11, 2011 4:43 pm

Will be watching this game. Argentina need to be strong for 2014, yo. This WC should stay in America.

That defense... And why no Banega instead of Gago?
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Nov 11, 2011 4:46 pm

He's injured, I'm not sure for how long, but he was having a great run of games with Valencia.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by shinigami99 Fri Nov 11, 2011 4:47 pm

Sushi Master wrote:Will be watching this game. Argentina need to be strong for 2014, yo. This WC should stay in America.

That defense... And why no Banega instead of Gago?

Banega is injured

besides, Gago tends to play better in the NT than Banega who is too inconsistent IMO.

Ideally, I would want both Gago and Banega in the midfield with Mascherano as CB but you can't have everything your way.
shinigami99
shinigami99
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by JAY-Z Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:36 pm

Ricky Alvarez? How come he is called, he has been shit for Inter ..
JAY-Z
JAY-Z
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by billionmillion Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:13 pm

any link?
billionmillion
billionmillion
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:42 pm

Just lol at Argentina...
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by billionmillion Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:36 pm

they need to arrest Sabella for playing Demichelis after his unprofessional mistakes again and again.
overall good refeering and good luck would change the game
billionmillion
billionmillion
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by shinigami99 Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:59 pm

Yo billion, are you actually from Argentina?Just curious since your country flag is Argentine. If you are, what is the general attitude towards the NT in Argentina? Do they care more about the Argentine Clausura than the NT?

Also, for alfred and LM, I really think we miss someone running the midfield. Do you think Riquelme should return? I don't think we have anyone who can do what he did for the NT. Canteros maybe, but he is unproven. I feel like Messi needs someone like that to bring out his best.

I think this is the ultimate argument to why Maradona was so great. He was one of the best in history not only technically, but as a leader, captain and was more cultured as a person through whom the entire attack goes through. As of late Messi has not been performing well(granted, only two games).

Maybe we need a new engine in the midfield so that Messi does not have to be that person.
shinigami99
shinigami99
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by billionmillion Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:22 pm

No i'm not from argentina but i raised supporting them since 1998.
About a midfielder that can run midfield yes i agree, this is what they need in midfield and in defence too.

also maradona played in a world cup winning team and you say he carried team as a leader. No leader would carry this argentina team.
Argentina midfielders most of them is not in messi's level they dont understand him. Only Veron had a brain of true midfielder he could do well with messi. aimar and riquelme also would do good.
Teams are sucessfull if they have a leader in every position,
example
Spain - villa leader in attack, xavi-iniesta leader in midfield, puyol leader in defence, casillas leader in goal.
Argentina - messi leader in everywhere. how this team can be successful?
they need an experienced proven players in every position to be a team, messi is not animal he can not do all by himself
billionmillion
billionmillion
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by billionmillion Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:45 pm

In Spain if goalkeeper makes mistake everyone blame casillas, defence mistake everyone blame puyol or pique, midfield plays bad they blame xavi, no goal everyone blame villa. this is responsibility of leaders in their positions

in argentina goalkeeper make mistakes everyone staring at messi, defence make mistake everyone staring at messi
Yesterday i noticed that demichelis made mistake cameras were showing messi not demichelis
billionmillion
billionmillion
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by braylann Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:14 pm

everyone cares about the national team in argentina....women and men (mostly women) who don't care for soccer start watching games with true passion when the national team plays. however, because of this, there is a lot of ignorance and people point fingers very easily...but overall people love the team. After the WC loss the airport was packed with people displaying affection for the players as they got back. the only patriotism argentina has is for its national futbol team

braylann
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Levante

Back to top Go down

Post by braylann Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:15 pm

IMO they need more players who

dont lose the ball
create defensive loopholes
aren't selfish

messi failed
higuain is okay
pastore failed
dimaria is great
gago is okay
banega failed

solution...bring Tevez

braylann
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Levante

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:31 pm

Messi had a bad game by his standards, missed quite a few chances. The result was unfair though, Argentina should have been 2-0 up in the first half. Frakking refs :facepalm:

At least argentina has higuain who actually won't screw up the chances messi makes (most of the time)

IMO, only a matter of time until Argentina does better. Just have to drop that horrible defense (Demechalis). Maybe try putting mash there and gago in DM, along with banega?
Zanetti-Garay-Masherano-zabelta?
Gago-Banega
Di maria-messi-Aguero(??)
Higuain

Just an idea Smile
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:56 pm

braylann wrote:everyone cares about the national team in argentina....women and men (mostly women) who don't care for soccer start watching games with true passion when the national team plays. however, because of this, there is a lot of ignorance and people point fingers very easily...but overall people love the team. After the WC loss the airport was packed with people displaying affection for the players as they got back. the only patriotism argentina has is for its national futbol team

I agree with this quite a lot. I find it hard to argue about football with a lot of other argentines (non-GL, of course). To them, if player A doesn't win it's because he's pecho frio or vende humo and if he does it's because he's the next crack. It's very hard to talk football to people who think in such simplistic terms.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:58 pm

I dont actually think Gago and Banega make a good pairing.

They arent too different and neither are expert defensively.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:28 pm

The Franchise wrote:I dont actually think Gago and Banega make a good pairing.

That's true, but I think if you can somehow fit mash in the defense and kick out demifail then the defense will improve much more. Latin american countries don't hoof it all the time either, so his aerial weakness won't show that much
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by shinigami99 Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:47 pm

Nice ideas here ppl, keep them coming lol

Of course Sabella isn't going to listen, in fact he's gonna make it worse. Here is the rumored lineup for Tuesday's game:

------------Romero----------------------
-Zabaleta-Fernandez--Burdisso--Clemente
-Sosa-----Gago-------Brana-----Guinazu----
---------------Messi----Higuain----------------

Sabella :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:
shinigami99
shinigami99
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:52 pm

Giggity5313 wrote:
The Franchise wrote:I dont actually think Gago and Banega make a good pairing.

That's true, but I think if you can somehow fit mash in the defense and kick out demifail then the defense will improve much more. Latin american countries don't hoof it all the time either, so his aerial weakness won't show that much

I agree, Mascherano needs to get into the defence.

I just cant think of a suitable midfield without him.

I would play some kind of 3421
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:17 am

was Masche injured?

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:20 am

Mascherano is supposed to be recovered....
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next