Lord Hades
Albiceleste
BarrileteCosmico
S
sagnik92
37 posters

Page 6 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Off-Topic: Argentina National Team - Page 6 Empty Re: Off-Topic: Argentina National Team

Post by shinigami99 Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:28 am

Based on these call ups, here is my preferred lineup

------------------------------Romero-------------------------
Zabaleta-----Fernandez------Mascherano------Monzon----
-------------------------Gago--------------------------------------
---------Banega----------------Pastore--------------------------
---------------------Messi------------------------------------------
---------Aguero--------------------Higuain-----------------------

What is going to happen

--------------------------romero----------------------------------
----Dimichellis---------Burdisso-----------Fernandez-------
-Zabaleta----Gago/Di Maria----Mascherano---Sosa------rojo
-------------------------Messi----------------------------
----------------------Higuain--------------------------

shinigami99
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Off-Topic: Argentina National Team - Page 6 Empty Re: Off-Topic: Argentina National Team

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:03 am

Sosa :facepalm: goddamnit
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:21 pm

Still no Coloccini callup banana

Until we get some defensive depth id like it to stay that way Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by braylann Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:02 pm

There are many good ideas in here, and I agree with whoever said Argentina should play fast paced counter attacking game instead of possession. I believe that many people place faith in the wrong positions and players and a lack of such faith in other players.

Forwards like Tevez and Milito aren't mentioned (even if they've been excluded from the line-ups, you cannot think they will like this forever). Midfielders like banega and sosa are being used when they really should not.

Mascherano should be a central defender with Burdisso...for me they don't make mistakes like many Argentine defenders do. Zabaleta should be employed right back with diMaria on the right and middle (which lets messi come in from the left or center attack). Lavezzi should be played, I never know why he is rarely played... with Tevez or Milito up front...Higuain is too reckless, and 1-dimensional.

Zabaleta--Mascherano---Burdisso---Fernandez
DiMaria/Gaitan/Gutierrez---Cambiasso---Pastore/Lucho
Messi---Milito/Aguero----Lavezzi/Tevez

If anything, other teams couldn't keep up with the pace

braylann
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Levante

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:31 pm

Welcome Braylan, I disagree with your assessment of Higuain. He's class. His positioning and finishing are great, which is exactly what we need. In fact, he is the only proper 9 we have. We create a lot of opportunities but we need the 9 to finish them, and all Messi, Aguero, Tevez, etc are CFs, not 9s.

Milito is past it and even if he were not he would not make it to the next world cup, so that disqualifies him.

Tevez is too similar to Messi. He likes to roam around rather than provide play and width, which is why every time he was supposed to play as a winger he has actually played as a CF, which cut spaces from everyone else. So he's not able/willing to do what the coach asks of him.

Additionally, he's just a controversial person to have in the squad. Chances are that when Tevez is not happy he makes it known, not only in the dressing room but also to the media. And that just destabilizes everything. I just don't think he has a place in the squad anymore.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:32 pm

Shini I really don't think Sabella will try to go for that 3-5-2 again, my hunch is that he'll go back to the 4-4-2.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by braylann Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:07 pm

The thing is, I don't believe in a proper number nine for Argentina ever since Batistuta (maybe Crespo). I also never saw Messi as a CF, only on Barca. I see Messi's position far better suited on the right, or Riquelme's role. I would suggest Tevez as an alternate strategy to focusing the team on Messi. I just feel that Argentina has such strong talent's (mostly in attack) that it is very difficult to know what the best strategy is...but I don't support widening the pitch because I don't think they should play possesion, rather attack viciously down the center, with attackers cutting in from the sides. Argentine's lacking of that proper nine makes me believe that playing from the sides is a bad idea.

I'm not saying not to include Higuain in the squad, and I understand what you mean about Milito (its just that Im a huge fan), but I feel Aguero is a more suitable in that position than Higuain. I've seen Aguero acting in the center and he is good.

braylann
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Levante

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:41 pm

What about Higuain makes you think he's not a proper 9? Granted, he's not the tallest or a target man but he's a great partner for Higuain and Di Maria. I would really like Sabella to keep exploring that relationship. Not saying Aguero is also not class, but right now I think that would be the set up that would work the most.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:53 am

alfred.A question.
Is there any way Argentina would consider Cruyff as coach.
He is the greatest football brain the game has seen by far.
If anyone can get the Argies to perform its Johan.
He will get the best out of Messi and Argentina will win the WC.
Any chance or is it just a pipe dream of mine?

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:00 pm

braylann wrote:The thing is, I don't believe in a proper number nine for Argentina ever since Batistuta (maybe Crespo). I also never saw Messi as a CF, only on Barca. I see Messi's position far better suited on the right, or Riquelme's role. I would suggest Tevez as an alternate strategy to focusing the team on Messi. I just feel that Argentina has such strong talent's (mostly in attack) that it is very difficult to know what the best strategy is...but I don't support widening the pitch because I don't think they should play possesion, rather attack viciously down the center, with attackers cutting in from the sides. Argentine's lacking of that proper nine makes me believe that playing from the sides is a bad idea.

I'm not saying not to include Higuain in the squad, and I understand what you mean about Milito (its just that Im a huge fan), but I feel Aguero is a more suitable in that position than Higuain. I've seen Aguero acting in the center and he is good.

Aguero needs to play off a central striker in order to play his best football, just look at who he played with at Atletico and now at Man City.

Aguero trying to play the number 9 by himself looks much like a lost puppy.

Higuain has excellent off the ball movement, positioning and sits on the line as good as anyone, exactly what Argentina need with Messi and Di Maria

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:08 pm

Crimson wrote:
braylann wrote:The thing is, I don't believe in a proper number nine for Argentina ever since Batistuta (maybe Crespo). I also never saw Messi as a CF, only on Barca. I see Messi's position far better suited on the right, or Riquelme's role. I would suggest Tevez as an alternate strategy to focusing the team on Messi. I just feel that Argentina has such strong talent's (mostly in attack) that it is very difficult to know what the best strategy is...but I don't support widening the pitch because I don't think they should play possesion, rather attack viciously down the center, with attackers cutting in from the sides. Argentine's lacking of that proper nine makes me believe that playing from the sides is a bad idea.

Aguero needs to play off a central striker in order to play his best football, just look at who he played with at Atletico and now at Man City.

Aguero trying to play the number 9 by himself looks much like a lost puppy.

Higuain has excellent off the ball movement, positioning and sits on the line as good as anyone, exactly what Argentina need with Messi and Di Maria
Higuain - Aguero
Messi
Off-Topic: Argentina National Team - Page 6 Wank

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:44 pm

alexjanosik wrote:alfred.A question.
Is there any way Argentina would consider Cruyff as coach.
He is the greatest football brain the game has seen by far.
If anyone can get the Argies to perform its Johan.
He will get the best out of Messi and Argentina will win the WC.
Any chance or is it just a pipe dream of mine?

No chance Grondona would consider him. A) He's not Argentine. B) Grondona wouldn't be able to 'control' Cruyff. C) I'm not sure how comfortable Cruyff would feel with the politics involved in Argentine football D) Even if we wanted him, would Cruyff want us? He's semi-retired, has taken control of Ajax, and is the Catalan selection's coach.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:13 am

Off-Topic: Argentina National Team - Page 6 250px-Germ%C3%A1n_Alejo_PezzelaOff-Topic: Argentina National Team - Page 6 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQoA12KJEktDO5LfQL91Ic0SIsv9GObZ1MYkOLRDEtyLj1fSnkX

Full name Germán Alejo Pezzella
Date of birth June 27, 1991 (age 20)
Place of birth Bahia Blanca, Argentina
Height 1.82 m (5 ft 11 1⁄2 in)
Playing position Centre back

Has yet to play for River Plate's senior side but he is looking like the brightest defending talent coming out of Argentina since Ayala tbh.

Captains the u-20 Argentina side and has been playing regularly with the youth national teams. Fantastic in the air, composed on the ball, tackles very well and has a good reading of the game.

I know Barrilete and I have been raving about this kid since the u-20 world cup, but he could be a great defender and hopefully he can be the leader at the back that Argentina have been desperate for.

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:28 pm

A few of you have mentioned Tevez but as far as I am concerned I hope I never get to see him in an Argentina shirt again. In fact I hope he is not seen in European club football ever again either. Hopefully he will spend the rest of his career purely in South American club football and the less I come across his name from now on the better it will be for me.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:15 pm

LM did you watch the panamerican games at all? He captained the side that got 2nd place (1st place were Mexico, they were the home side, and Lamela didn't go). I wasn't able to catch any games but am trying to find highlights of the matches/download matches entirely.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:07 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:LM did you watch the panamerican games at all? He captained the side that got 2nd place (1st place were Mexico, they were the home side, and Lamela didn't go). I wasn't able to catch any games but am trying to find highlights of the matches/download matches entirely.
I didn't watch them either but Pezzella scored twice.

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:40 pm

Sweet. Pezzella :bow: :bow:
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:33 pm

Sabella: "Mascherano might play as a CB" hmm

Will watch the Bolivian game with a Bolivian friend... the lat time we watched an international match together Bolivia put 6 past us, a bad omen? Razz
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:03 pm

They are playing Boliva? It better not be in Boliva or you have no chance.

How teams are allowed to play here still is crazy.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:04 pm

It's in Buenos Aires, and I think the second game is vs Colombia in Colombia.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:08 pm

Thats okay then.

The altitude in Bolivia is absurd and its lunacy teams are made to play there.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:14 pm

That being said, it's not exactly fair for the high-altitude countries or players to be made to play elsewhere.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hamdyman Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:02 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:That being said, it's not exactly fair for the high-altitude countries or players to be made to play elsewhere.

Well Theoretically speaking Bolivia play alot of matches in these altitudes and basically with their league...etc (not to mention they Live there..) while for the others its like an unpleasant rare occasion. but i get what you mean..

Hamdyman
Hamdyman
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:28 am

Predicted Argentina team:

Romero
Zabaleta Demi Burdisso Clemente
Gago Masche Ricky
Messi Pastore Higuain

A few suggestions for Sabella:

Play Masche as a CB, Pastore in Ricky's position, and Aguero as the new forward. Play Messi centrally.

Edit: apparently Aguero got injured in practice.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:12 am

Higuain on the right is doable but Higuain on the left? scratch
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:18 am

Should be a 4231.

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next