Off Topic : Who Should Start Alongside Messi In The Forward Line For Argentina?

5 posters

Go down

Who Should Start Alongside Messi In The Forward Line For Argentina?

Off Topic : Who Should Start Alongside Messi In The Forward Line For Argentina? Vote_lcap0%Off Topic : Who Should Start Alongside Messi In The Forward Line For Argentina? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Off Topic : Who Should Start Alongside Messi In The Forward Line For Argentina? Vote_lcap9%Off Topic : Who Should Start Alongside Messi In The Forward Line For Argentina? Vote_rcap 9% 
[ 1 ]
Off Topic : Who Should Start Alongside Messi In The Forward Line For Argentina? Vote_lcap9%Off Topic : Who Should Start Alongside Messi In The Forward Line For Argentina? Vote_rcap 9% 
[ 1 ]
[ 1 ]
Off Topic : Who Should Start Alongside Messi In The Forward Line For Argentina? Vote_lcap0%Off Topic : Who Should Start Alongside Messi In The Forward Line For Argentina? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Off Topic : Who Should Start Alongside Messi In The Forward Line For Argentina? Vote_lcap36%Off Topic : Who Should Start Alongside Messi In The Forward Line For Argentina? Vote_rcap 36% 
[ 4 ]
[ 1 ]
Off Topic : Who Should Start Alongside Messi In The Forward Line For Argentina? Vote_lcap18%Off Topic : Who Should Start Alongside Messi In The Forward Line For Argentina? Vote_rcap 18% 
[ 2 ]
[ 1 ]
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 11

Off Topic : Who Should Start Alongside Messi In The Forward Line For Argentina? Empty Off Topic : Who Should Start Alongside Messi In The Forward Line For Argentina?

Post by messixaviesta Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:33 am

Sergio Batista is decided on playing a 4-3-3 for Argentina in the forthcoming Copa America.

Also he has said that Messi will play as a false number 9.

In such circumstances, who do you think are the two players who would make the best possible partners for Messi in the forward line. Looking at the tentative squad there seem to be five players under consideration.

Please vote in the poll and explain your selection with comments.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Off Topic : Who Should Start Alongside Messi In The Forward Line For Argentina? Empty Re: Off Topic : Who Should Start Alongside Messi In The Forward Line For Argentina?

Post by Albiceleste Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:34 pm

This is a tough one, it really depends on where Higuain would play since Argentina really lack that no.9 to tap the ball in and has a knack for being in the right place at the right time

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Off Topic : Who Should Start Alongside Messi In The Forward Line For Argentina? Empty Re: Off Topic : Who Should Start Alongside Messi In The Forward Line For Argentina?

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:36 pm

I chose Aguero + Lavezzi, although I might change my mind later on. I think having someone like Lavezzi that has plenty of experience in the wing would be key, and I prefer him to Di Maria. Aguero is class and has always had a great relationship with Messi. To be honest, though, any of those combinations would be great so it's not my prime concern.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:40 pm

Aguero and Di Maria for me, though I admit that Lavezzi plays so well I feel very wrong leaving him out.

Its just, Di Maria and Lavezzi dont offer the goalscoring threat I think Messi would need if he is to play the false 9 without the creative midfield behind him.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:46 pm

Lavezzi is a good dribbler and creater and he can link up with Messi pretty well.

Aguero is an excellent dribbler and finisher and has a great link with Messi.

Di Maria is a very hard worker a bit selfish but great dribbler and good for getting penalties.

Tevez is a very hard worker, likes to be the talisman of the team and has good strength and finishing

Higuain has a great sense of awareness and excellent at being in the right place at the right time and a great finisher.

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:01 pm

I think Messi has evolved to a much better finisher than before, but Argentina can't score without the number 9 honestly.

It's probably gonna be Di Maria - Higuain - Messi
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:45 am

All, thanks for the replies.

I guess I have to agree with the Di Maria and Aguero option. I agree with dani that at least one of the two have to be a goal scorer and finisher. Still it's so hard for me to leave out Tevez. Maybe I still can't decide clearly enough to vote.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down