Madvillain
DuringTheWar
totaalvoetbal
61 posters

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

The Netherlands  Empty The Netherlands

Post by totaalvoetbal Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:46 pm

How do you think we should lineup for Euro 2012? IMO our backline and defensive midfiel is pretty easy to chose! Problem starts when we look at our attacking midfield and forwards... IMO Sneijder, Robben and vPersie should ALWAYS start (when fit)!

I hope it will look like this

------------------Stekelenburg-----------------
-----vdWiel---Heitinga---Martijsen---Pieters
-------------de Jong vBommel-----------------
Robben----------Sneijder----------Kuyt/Afellay
--------------------vPersie-----------------------

How much chance do we have to win Euro 2012? Imo Spain and Germany are the biggest contenders... closely followed by Netherlands. Italy, France, Portugal and England still have a lot to do atm... we will see how they develop this final year!

The Netherlands  00440
totaalvoetbal
totaalvoetbal
Prospect
Prospect

http://goingusa.waarbenjij.nu

Back to top Go down

The Netherlands  Empty Re: The Netherlands

Post by DuringTheWar Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:38 pm

if van persie is allowed to touch the ball this time you might go a step further than in 2010
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Madvillain Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:36 pm

Allowed to touch the ball? He's just been shit. Not as bad as Kuyt though, but still. In my opinion, this should be our starting 11:

-----------------------Stekelenburg----------------------
Van der Wiel-----Heitinga-----Mathijsen-----Pieters
--------------------------De Jong/Van Bommel----------
----------------Van der Vaart-----------------------------
Van Persie/Robben--Van Persie/Sneijder--Robben/Afellay
-----------------------Huntelaar-----------------------

Probably bench Sneijder as he's been bad for Inter. Having Van Persie play to the wide or behind the striker should give him some more space to do his thing and Huntelaar will not have so much problem with being a bit isolated at the front. Kuyt should stay at home in Liverpool/Katwijk/where ever. He's way too much below the standard we expect from our players.
Madvillain
Madvillain
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Barcelona

http://thvnderbvrst.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:16 pm

Well robben n sniejder don't really like Van persie. Its better for Holland if Either Huntelaar plays instead of rvp, or one of Robben/Snijder doesnt start.

I would play Afellay ahead of Robben really but He is too "big" to bench
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:05 am

For me

----------------De Jong-------Van Bommel-------------

Robben---------------Van Persie-----------------Afellay

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:53 pm

To Hete or other keen admirers or followers of Dutch football now Douglas of Twente has been given Dutch Citizenship can he play for you?

If so do you want him being Brazilian born and all or do you prefer a born and raised dutchman been given that place?

Also how do you rate Erik Pieters? we are consistently linked with him, i know he's first choice for Holland so is that because he's genuinely good or because you dont have much else?

Thanks.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:56 pm

Jaap Stam.

"I think he's a good player. We've spoken a few times and he seems like a nice guy, but if it was up to me, he wouldn't get a call-up for the Dutch national side," Stam was quoted as saying by Voetbal International.

"I might be a bit conservative on matters like this, but I don't see him as a real Dutchman. Additionally, he's not much better than defenders like Joris Mathijsen and John Heitinga.

"I'm not a big fan of naturalisation procedures like this. Holland have plenty of promising youngsters coming through."

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:56 pm

Jeffrey Gouweleeuw, the dutch Pique :vagi:

Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:04 pm

Sod Pique thats the Dutch Beckenbauer ffs Shocked

Sign him up, he actually has pace unlike Pique Laughing also cheers Dani i thought thats what the reaction might be.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Madvillain Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:38 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:To Hete or other keen admirers or followers of Dutch football now Douglas of Twente has been given Dutch Citizenship can he play for you?

If so do you want him being Brazilian born and all or do you prefer a born and raised dutchman been given that place?

Also how do you rate Erik Pieters? we are consistently linked with him, i know he's first choice for Holland so is that because he's genuinely good or because you dont have much else?

Thanks.

I'd actually prefer if we wouldn't give Douglas a spot in our national team due to obvious reasons. But that's mainly because he isn't better than what we have at our disposal. I might feel differently about it if he were to be an immense improvement.

I don't rate Pieters that highly. He's an ok LB but we indeed don't have much better options around. I think that he would be a decent signing for Newcastle though.

Oh and I prefer the national team not to play with two DM's because it tends to create a rift on the midfield. I'd really prefer Van der Vaart to play next to Van Bommel/De Jong as he's much better at reading the game and distributing the ball and he is able to fill up that gap in midfield.
Madvillain
Madvillain
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:54 pm

Hete BLKSM wrote:Allowed to touch the ball? He's just been shit. Not as bad as Kuyt though, but still. In my opinion, this should be our starting 11:

-----------------------Stekelenburg----------------------
Van der Wiel-----Heitinga-----Mathijsen-----Pieters
--------------------------De Jong/Van Bommel----------
----------------Van der Vaart-----------------------------
Van Persie/Robben--Van Persie/Sneijder--Robben/Afellay

Probably bench Sneijder as he's been bad for Inter. Having Van Persie play to the wide or behind the striker should give him some more space to do his thing and Huntelaar will not have so much problem with being a bit isolated at the front. Kuyt should stay at home in Liverpool/Katwijk/where ever. He's way too much below the standard we expect from our players.

it was just stupid the way certain players were refusing to pass him the ball, leading up to the world cup he was in great form in holland matches

anyway kuyt represents hollands new style just right, at least the way they played at the world cup. Expecting van bommel, de jong, and kuyt all to be in the team
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Madvillain Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:27 pm

Van Persie played against very low ranked opponents, it was only logical he performed well in those matches. But I don't agree with you about players refusing to give him the ball. He just wasn't comfortable performing on an island with so many defenders around him, which caused him to underperform.

Kuyt doesn't suite our style of play at all, not the type of play they are looking to achieve either. They (including Van Marwijk) have said they wanted to play similar to Barcelona. Now regardless of whether that is realistic or not with the material at hand, that is not a style in which you can have a player give away balls as if it's Christmas every single game. That is something which I find so extremely cringeworthy when I see him play. The only benefits of having Kuyt in the team is some extra defensive strength and he seems to almost always be able to provide a pass that ends up being a goal. But in my book, that does not tip the scale enough for him to be a starter in a team with so many quality players. I would never bench Van Persie, Robben, Afellay or Huntelaar for him. Not ever.
Madvillain
Madvillain
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by leemhuis Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:22 am

The Franchise wrote:Jaap Stam.

"I think he's a good player. We've spoken a few times and he seems like a nice guy, but if it was up to me, he wouldn't get a call-up for the Dutch national side," Stam was quoted as saying by Voetbal International.

"I might be a bit conservative on matters like this, but I don't see him as a real Dutchman. Additionally, he's not much better than defenders like Joris Mathijsen and John Heitinga.

"I'm not a big fan of naturalisation procedures like this. Holland have plenty of promising youngsters coming through."

Jaap Stam :bow:
leemhuis
leemhuis
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by leemhuis Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:26 am

Sneijder is back, by the way. He has aken care of his injuries and is rested and he is now performing again for Inter.
leemhuis
leemhuis
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:41 pm

Hete BLKSM wrote:Van Persie played against very low ranked opponents, it was only logical he performed well in those matches. But I don't agree with you about players refusing to give him the ball. He just wasn't comfortable performing on an island with so many defenders around him, which caused him to underperform.

Kuyt doesn't suite our style of play at all, not the type of play they are looking to achieve either. They (including Van Marwijk) have said they wanted to play similar to Barcelona. Now regardless of whether that is realistic or not with the material at hand, that is not a style in which you can have a player give away balls as if it's Christmas every single game. That is something which I find so extremely cringeworthy when I see him play. The only benefits of having Kuyt in the team is some extra defensive strength and he seems to almost always be able to provide a pass that ends up being a goal. But in my book, that does not tip the scale enough for him to be a starter in a team with so many quality players. I would never bench Van Persie, Robben, Afellay or Huntelaar for him. Not ever.

so holland are going to play a different style to how they played in 2010? that would be nice, but i would be surprised as their negative football nearly won them the world cup
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:55 pm

Van persi as a AM/ss ?

do he have the work rate and tactical sense defensively to track back and form a three man midfield ,dont think so.

Would rather play a natural AM there btw.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by vizkosity Fri May 04, 2012 6:44 am

holland must be crazy if they start RVP as a AMC.
And also, Sneijder just scored after 6 months of no goal. Hopefully he can stay in form. He's deciding factor, no doubt.
vizkosity
vizkosity
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by matpol Tue May 15, 2012 9:48 pm

Final squad for Euro 2012, The players that were dropped at the last minute were Anita (Ajax), Siem de Jong (Ajax), Maher (AZ), and Lens (PSV). They will be on the stand-by list.

Keepers:

Tim Krul (Newcastle United),
Maarten Stekelenburg (AS Roma),
Michel Vorm (Swansea City)

Defense:

Khalid Boulahrouz (VfB Stuttgart),
Wilfred Bouma (PSV),
John Heitinga (Everton),
Joris Mathijsen (Málaga),
Ron Vlaar (Feyenoord),
Gregory van der Wiel (Ajax),
Jetro Willems (PSV)

Midfield:

Ibrahim Afellay (Barcelona),
Mark van Bommel (AC Milan),
Nigel de Jong (Manchester City),
Stijn Schaars (Sporting Portugal),
Wesley Sneijder (Internazionale),
Kevin Strootman (PSV),
Rafael van der Vaart (Tottenham Hotspur)

Attack:

Klaas Jan Huntelaar (Schalke 04),
Luuk de Jong (FC Twente),
Dirk Kuyt (Liverpool),
Luciano Narsingh (SC Heerenveen),
Robin van Persie (Arsenal)
Arjen Robben (Bayern München).

Last edited by matpol on Sat May 26, 2012 1:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
matpol
matpol
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Tue May 15, 2012 10:09 pm

Netherlands best possible lineup looks like this in my opinion:

--Stekelenburg--
--Van Der Wiel-- --Heitinga-- --Mathijsen-- --Pieters--
--Van Bommel-- --Van Der Vaart--
--Robben-- --Sneijder-- --Van Persie--
--Huntelaar--

Playing Van Persie there is by far the best option. Huntelaar is FARRRRRR better than any left winger available for Holland, so basically Van Persie moves out left in basically the same role as Podolski for Germany.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by matpol Sat May 26, 2012 1:38 pm

Damn I edited my post on 1 page with 27 man roster instead of putting new with final 23 list for Netherlands. Anyway:

Keepers:

Tim Krul (Newcastle United),
Maarten Stekelenburg (AS Roma),
Michel Vorm (Swansea City)

Defense:

Khalid Boulahrouz (VfB Stuttgart),
Wilfred Bouma (PSV),
John Heitinga (Everton),
Joris Mathijsen (Málaga),
Ron Vlaar (Feyenoord),
Gregory van der Wiel (Ajax),
Jetro Willems (PSV)

Midfield:

Ibrahim Afellay (Barcelona),
Mark van Bommel (AC Milan),
Nigel de Jong (Manchester City),
Stijn Schaars (Sporting Portugal),
Wesley Sneijder (Internazionale),
Kevin Strootman (PSV),
Rafael van der Vaart (Tottenham Hotspur)

Attack:

Klaas Jan Huntelaar (Schalke 04),
Luuk de Jong (FC Twente),
Dirk Kuyt (Liverpool),
Luciano Narsingh (SC Heerenveen),
Robin van Persie (Arsenal)
Arjen Robben (Bayern München).

Emanuelson, Maduro biggest absences, but they were cut before, they weren't in 27 man roster. Pieters absence is serious setback, Netherlands lack quality LB.
matpol
matpol
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Madvillain Thu May 31, 2012 3:45 pm

Diego Armando Maradona wrote:
Hete BLKSM wrote:Van Persie played against very low ranked opponents, it was only logical he performed well in those matches. But I don't agree with you about players refusing to give him the ball. He just wasn't comfortable performing on an island with so many defenders around him, which caused him to underperform.

so holland are going to play a different style to how they played in 2010? that would be nice, but i would be surprised as their negative football nearly won them the world cup

You clearly haven't seen all the games The Netherlands played (pre) WC. I agree with you that most of the time they played quite conservative, but their have been very good attacking displays as well. Sadly though, the last couple of displays were quite poor, but that doesn't take away from their intent and the fact that this team displayed some nice things in the (recent) past.
Madvillain
Madvillain
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Madvillain Thu May 31, 2012 3:51 pm

juventus101 wrote:Netherlands best possible lineup looks like this in my opinion:

--Stekelenburg--
--Van Der Wiel-- --Heitinga-- --Mathijsen-- --Pieters--
--Van Bommel-- --Van Der Vaart--
--Robben-- --Sneijder-- --Van Persie--
--Huntelaar--

Playing Van Persie there is by far the best option. Huntelaar is FARRRRRR better than any left winger available for Holland, so basically Van Persie moves out left in basically the same role as Podolski for Germany.

I like it, although I wouldn't mind switching Van Persie to 10 and having Afellay play instead of Sneijder. I don't know how the dwarf would react to this but he's injured now (don't know how serious that is) so I'm hoping either of our line-ups would be considered by Van Marwijk. Slim chance he's going to part with the 2-man DM buffer though. I'd already be very happy if Kuyt doesn't get a lot of playing time.
Madvillain
Madvillain
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:36 pm

What he says about sneijder and robben are true imo.
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:08 am

Afellay seems to be doing well with the Netherlands. The two defensive midfielders should be Van Bommel and de Jong. Snieg in the middle with Afellay and Robben on the flanks with Van perise up front.
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:09 am

Van der Vaart could rotate with Snieg or De Jong and Hunteelar or someone with Afellay maybe and swap Van Persie from stirker to the flank
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next