Madvillain
DuringTheWar
totaalvoetbal
61 posters

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

The Netherlands  - Page 2 Empty Re: The Netherlands

Post by The Sanchez Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:09 am

Van der Vaart could rotate with Snieg or De Jong and Hunteelar or someone with Afellay maybe and swap Van Persie from stirker to the flank

The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingofeverythingclassy Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:35 pm

Huntelaar not playing is Rubbish. VDV playing in De Jong position will be a garbage decision. VDV cant work with Nigel who is defensive beast,what will VDV do with a slow old Van Bommel.

VDV is now basically a ST at tottenham,he can play CAM as a sub since he is 45 minutes player anyway but he has 0 defensive ideas. Him & CM is a dud decision.

Anyways Bert has gone for RVP. RVP had brilliant technical qualities & he has bromance with Afellay. So lets hope RVP gets his balls back for the NT & does brilliantly. He is chosen ahead of Hunter so he should justify it.

I am praying that Strootman be given minutes as I feel he can really shine if given proper time.

Kingofeverythingclassy
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:47 pm

The midfield has to consist of de jong and mvb imo, vdv is too attacking, the only way vdv in the midfield would work is if both afellay and kuyt were playing on the wings to give more support in the midfield but as robben will be starting regardless vdv will have to rotate with sneijder unfortunately.

I really want willems to play over pieters tbh, who is injured anyways

my line up would be

stekelenburg
vdw heitinga mathijsen willems
de jong mvb
robben sneijder rvp
huntelaar

with vdv and afellay being first to be subbed in. lots of rotation, even have vdv and afellay start about half the matches.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by leemhuis Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:50 am

Please no Huntelaar. He is good in the German League, but will be a wasted position in the Euros. I watch him fail terrible with AC Milan. Small team defenses stop him.
leemhuis
leemhuis
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:52 am

He's great for the national squad, what are you on about?
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:28 am

Huntelaar is a great goalscoring option for the Dutch, but RvP's movement fits well with Afellay's forward runs and Sneijder's willingness to get to the edge of the box.

I personally don't rate VdV anywhere but behind the striker in a SS/CAM role, so I don't want him starting alongside van Bommel or de Jong.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingofeverythingclassy Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:44 am

leemhuis wrote:Please no Huntelaar. He is good in the German League, but will be a wasted position in the Euros. I watch him fail terrible with AC Milan. Small team defenses stop him.

Haha. ROFL at this. Huntelaar in his zone if the best pure goal-scorer,way ahead of Ibra. That is why he Finished as Top Scorer in the Euro Qualifiers ahead of RVP,Ronaldo,Ronney,Ibra,Klose,Benzema,Gomez. That is why he was about to break Falcao's record.

You cant compare him with regards to his Milan's form.Milan is a horrible team with slow old 35 year old players with 0 creativity & Huntelaar is Lone ST,a 1 man CF,Milan tried playing him in a Wide Forward in a 2 man line up or more like a winger forward kind of where he will always suck.

That is not his position. Huntelaar is today the 3rd Best Goal-Scorer in all of Europe behind Messi & Ronaldo & it shows that Milan had no clue on how to get the best out of him. Not the other way around.

Besides the guy scored 1 goal in 10 odd minutes againt England,scored 1 goal 15-20 minutes in WC & 2 goals Sweden in the Qualifiers all of which are against decent big teams or in important matches

Kingofeverythingclassy
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingofeverythingclassy Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:50 am

Seeing the last 4 Friendlies & the Qualifiers 2 things I am 100% sure now. Firstly VDV is probably the worst CM out there, he has 0 defensive sense. The formation becomes a 4-1-4-1 & becomes defensively unstable.

I would pick anyone over him because as a CM he has to somewhat defend. Its not about Kuyt or Afellay in the wings,its just that VDV sucks as a CM. I have seen him give the ball away countless times & then he goes & hogs De Jong's space giving away huge space in his side.

The other is RVP is the wing. I am a big fan of Hunter but RVP in the wing wont work simply because he has converted to a true CF & now all his instintics lead him to cutting in constantly. It has got to a point where he basically abandons the wing robbing the team of Precious width & doubles as a 2nd ST. Van Der Weil try to fill in as an attackinG RWB & did not work.

So RVP or Hunter,Afellay played brilliantly in the friendlies & Bert has a huge liking for RVP. So its 100% confirmed that both of them will play. I hope whoever is selected Justifies Bert.

Kingofeverythingclassy
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:34 am

obviously hes a bad cm, because hes not a cm lol thats like saying mvb is a bad striker. vdv being played out of position is a last ditch effort only because the midfield is so weak, literally we only have 3 midfielders..

which is why im baffled that at least one of emanuelson or anita was not selected.. are they injured? this confuses me.

we have mvb de jong and strootman, thats about it..

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingofeverythingclassy Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:10 am

vanDEEZ wrote:obviously hes a bad cm, because hes not a cm lol thats like saying mvb is a bad striker. vdv being played out of position is a last ditch effort only because the midfield is so weak, literally we only have 3 midfielders..

which is why im baffled that at least one of emanuelson or anita was not selected.. are they injured? this confuses me.

Actually Bert woke up & hit his head in the wall & thought VDV would work as CM too. I have no idea why Anita is not selected because he is probably Ajax's player of the season.

Even worse is Jordy Clasie not being selected for not even in the training camp. Feyenoord were loosing 0-10 to PSV & going down,Fer,Wijnaldum,Castaignos all left & people said Feyenoord will be fighting relegation. And boom in steps Clasie & a semi-bankrupt Feyenoord becomes 2nd beating PSV,AZ,Twente.

Wow. Like Wow. And Clasie have given MOM performances against Ajax,PSV & all the big teams. He is small & probably a 60-70 minutes player,but he is the next big thing for Oranje.

Him,Anita not being selected is rubbish. Even more rubbish is Boula selected over Van Rhijn,most ajax fans would say that Van Rhijn filling in from the academy for VDW was even better than VDW & had Nani in his pocket.

Emanuelson is not selected as he plays No.10 for Milan,sometimes CM. He was huge step down in quality when Sneijder was subbed in the England match & VDV is there too.

And Bert does not want any CM's to challenge Mark Van Bommel maybe.

Kingofeverythingclassy
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:29 pm

Netherlands boss Bert van Marwijk has ruled Joris Mathijsen out of Saturday's Euro 2012 opener against Denmark through injury and admitted that the veteran defender could even be forced to withdraw from the squad.

The 32-year-old centre-half pulled up with a hamstring problem during his side's recent 2-1 friendly defeat to Bulgaria, but the Oranje boss was initially upbeat on the Malaga man's chances of being fit for the Group B clash in Kharkiv.

However, van Marwijk revealed on Wednesday evening that Mathijsen will not be risked against the Danes and that he is even considering drafting in a replacement.

"There's still a chance that Joris will recover in time for the match against Germany," the 60-year-old coach explained to reporters.

"He's not going to make Saturday's game, though. I can basically rule that out. Mathijsen needs more time to recover than we were hoping for.

"We will decide in the next two days whether he stays with the group, or whether we will call up a replacement."

Mathijsen's unavailability means that either Ron Vlaar or Wilfred Bouma is likely to start against Denmark.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:17 pm

Kingofeverythingclassy wrote:
vanDEEZ wrote:obviously hes a bad cm, because hes not a cm lol thats like saying mvb is a bad striker. vdv being played out of position is a last ditch effort only because the midfield is so weak, literally we only have 3 midfielders..

Actually Bert woke up & hit his head in the wall & thought VDV would work as CM too. I have no idea why Anita is not selected because he is probably Ajax's player of the season.

Even worse is Jordy Clasie not being selected for not even in the training camp. Feyenoord were loosing 0-10 to PSV & going down,Fer,Wijnaldum,Castaignos all left & people said Feyenoord will be fighting relegation. And boom in steps Clasie & a semi-bankrupt Feyenoord becomes 2nd beating PSV,AZ,Twente.

Wow. Like Wow. And Clasie have given MOM performances against Ajax,PSV & all the big teams. He is small & probably a 60-70 minutes player,but he is the next big thing for Oranje.

Him,Anita not being selected is rubbish. Even more rubbish is Boula selected over Van Rhijn,most ajax fans would say that Van Rhijn filling in from the academy for VDW was even better than VDW & had Nani in his pocket.

Emanuelson is not selected as he plays No.10 for Milan,sometimes CM. He was huge step down in quality when Sneijder was subbed in the England match & VDV is there too.

i agree with you. for some reason i forgot jordy clasie wasnt selected, but i guess thats just becuase i saw him playing with the u-21s.

i am becoming more and more unhappy with bert's selections.

honestly no midfield and we have some talented young defenders that didnt even get a look it seems. (though i am happy willems is selected)

since pieters is injured it would have made sense to bring anita as he can fill in as LB too if needed, and of course he can play in the midfield, which we need a lot of help in.

mvb is getting old i definitely dont see him making it to the WC, which is why im a little peeved that bert didnt keep one eye on the euro and one eye on the next WC because young players like jordy, maher, brouma, rvr, gouweleeuw, wijnaldum, etc. etc. could have gotten some valuable experience.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:24 pm

Strootman alongside MVB ?
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:59 am

RVP has been working well with Afellay so we may see them be in the same side for the opening round of Euro. Hunteelar or no, I find that Netherlands will do well
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingofeverythingclassy Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:50 am

vanDEEZ wrote:
Kingofeverythingclassy wrote:

i agree with you. for some reason i forgot jordy clasie wasnt selected, but i guess thats just becuase i saw him playing with the u-21s.

i am becoming more and more unhappy with bert's selections.

honestly no midfield and we have some talented young defenders that didnt even get a look it seems. (though i am happy willems is selected)

since pieters is injured it would have made sense to bring anita as he can fill in as LB too if needed, and of course he can play in the midfield, which we need a lot of help in.

mvb is getting old i definitely dont see him making it to the WC, which is why im a little peeved that bert didnt keep one eye on the euro and one eye on the next WC because young players like jordy, maher, brouma, rvr, gouweleeuw, wijnaldum, etc. etc. could have gotten some valuable experience.

Did you see Clasie boss the U-21. Maher was not even Clasie's lackey in the U-21 & he was among the final emissions & Clasie is not even in the initial list.

Also Anita is better as LB or RB than Boula or Schaars. He is a solid defensive option & atleast should have been tried. This is getting ridiculous.

I am not liking Bert's selections. For example I am 100% Luuk De Jong would get 0 minutes but Clasie or Anita could have been picked as CM. Anita could have been picked for Boula as RB back-up & CM.

Kingofeverythingclassy
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:28 pm

yes i did watch clasie with the u-21s, clasie and maher are both good young players, no denying it.

and yes the selections were screwy in all accounts thats why i cited clasie and other youngsters could have been selected but it looks like bert wants all the experience he can get, even though quite a few of the players wont be making it to the WC in 2014 which i think was a bad call..

like we dont really need boulahrouz or bouma, and i dont rate stijn schaars so 3 players right there i feel like at least 1 or two of them could be dropped in lue of anita and clasie or jeffrey bruma or any number of players i cited in my other post

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Madvillain Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:59 pm

Bruma doesn't seem up to it. Looked shaky at HSV. I would've gone with Anita instead of Bouma in a heartbeat (mainly with regards to LB).
Madvillain
Madvillain
Starlet
Starlet

http://thvnderbvrst.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:53 am

BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

The Netherlands  - Page 2 Empty justice for the hunter

Post by la bestia negra Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:42 pm

watching the game right now and all i can say is da fuq RVP
la bestia negra
la bestia negra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Berbaflop Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:59 pm

RVP all time NT flop
Berbaflop
Berbaflop
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:47 am

Derksen blamed the side's failure on the excessive number of egos present in the dressing room, namely Gregory Van der Wiel, Ibrahim Afellay and Robin van Persie, and implied that problems with mentality and structure were rife in the Dutch camp.

"[Gregory Van der Wiel] was working on everything except football," he told Voetbal International. "He has his own clothing line and was working too long on it.

"Plus he was working on hip hop music and was getting his hair done every day. Players hardly saw him without headphones on. He wasn't listening to music only during matches and training.

"From day one [Robin van Persie and Ibrahim Afellay] were not part of the group. Afellay is hated in the Dutch camp. He came across as 'I play for Barcelona, who do you play for?'

"He was very arrogant. When it was someone's birthday, and everybody had to pay for a gift, he wouldn't even chip in €10.

"Van Persie was behaving in the same way. Van Persie and Afellay were together for the whole tournament. Also, everyone was disturbed by Van Persie not talking to the press [referring to the gagging order placed on the 28-year-old by his club, Arsenal, amid doubts over his future]."

However, he had kinder words to say for Wesley Sneijder, whom he believes was the only player trying to foster any sort of team spirit: "He wanted to take the lead, and wanted to get the team on their feet."

Netherlands will compete with Turkey, Hungary, Romania, Estonia and Andorra in qualifying for the 2014 World Cup, which begins in September.

hmm
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:41 am

Anything to put down RVP, eh Adit Rolling Eyes
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:54 am

Lex wrote:Anything to put down RVP, eh Adit Rolling Eyes

Actually it was for Afellay Very Happy

RVP was a bonus No
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by la bestia negra Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:42 pm

An unnamed member of the Netherlands squad has claimed that he and his team-mates were happy when Arjen Robben missed a decisive penalty in the Champions League final.

With Bayern Munich's match with Chelsea locked at 1-1 in extra-time, the Dutchman stepped up to take a spot kick, which Petr Cech managed to save, and the Londoners went on to claim the trophy after a shoot-out.

And Bert van Marwijk's squad had hoped that Robben's miss would make him less selfish once he linked up with Oranje for their Euro 2012 preparations.
"Imagine how he would have arrived in Netherlands [if he had scored]," a player who wished to remain anonymous told De Telegraaf.

"He would have been even more arrogant and never passed the ball to other team-mates."

When Van Marwijk's side arrived at the tournement, they endured a frustrating campaign, and were ultimately eliminated after the group stage amid reports of disharmony amongst the squad.

And the source went on to claim that that atmosphere within the Dutch camp was made worse after their coach allowed his players to drink in between games.

"Van Marwijk allowed the Dutch squad to have a bottle of alcohol during a game of cards after a match. That annoyed people internally. They saw that as a lack of discipline."

da fuq
la bestia negra
la bestia negra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:49 pm

I think its VDW since he was complaining about how no one passed the ball to him after the game Laughing
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:49 pm

Robbery wrote:
An unnamed member of the Netherlands squad has claimed that he and his team-mates were happy when Arjen Robben missed a decisive penalty in the Champions League final.

With Bayern Munich's match with Chelsea locked at 1-1 in extra-time, the Dutchman stepped up to take a spot kick, which Petr Cech managed to save, and the Londoners went on to claim the trophy after a shoot-out.

And Bert van Marwijk's squad had hoped that Robben's miss would make him less selfish once he linked up with Oranje for their Euro 2012 preparations.
"Imagine how he would have arrived in Netherlands [if he had scored]," a player who wished to remain anonymous told De Telegraaf.

"He would have been even more arrogant and never passed the ball to other team-mates."

When Van Marwijk's side arrived at the tournement, they endured a frustrating campaign, and were ultimately eliminated after the group stage amid reports of disharmony amongst the squad.

And the source went on to claim that that atmosphere within the Dutch camp was made worse after their coach allowed his players to drink in between games.

"Van Marwijk allowed the Dutch squad to have a bottle of alcohol during a game of cards after a match. That annoyed people internally. They saw that as a lack of discipline."

da fuq

Robben missed because he still loves Chelsea, It was never going to make him less arrogant.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next