del_boy
Doc
Great Leader Sprucenuce
DeviAngel
Mr Nick09
38 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

No Kun, No Rossi, Vucinic it is - Page 4 Empty Re: No Kun, No Rossi, Vucinic it is

Post by paperbackwriter Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:04 pm

Lionel Messi wrote:news flash: not everyone wants to talk about madrid in every thread

Yet you do. While most Juventus fans in this thread have understood and somewhat agreed with the point Turok tried to make. You're the one dragging the discussion about Madrid forth.

paperbackwriter
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

No Kun, No Rossi, Vucinic it is - Page 4 Empty Re: No Kun, No Rossi, Vucinic it is

Post by McLewis Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:05 pm

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:Vucinic is by no means a bad player, he is actually a quality forward, but is he a difference maker? is he going to take juventus over the hump? I dont think so.

That's what Juventus should be after, leader in attack, people that have that extra bit of quality to their game, tangible or not, to differentiate them other sides.

They are not doing that. And even though Pirlo is probably going to become their most influential player, I still see them struggling a bit, specially if Pirlo's legs have a difficult time carrying him

Vucinic has proven himself capable of deciding matches and has even turned a few of them on their heads. He made Muslera look ridiculous in the derby two seasons ago with an audacious free-kick that the keeper didn't even go for despite it being merely inches away from him, he stunned Inter at the beginning of last season with an emphatic diving header (which was my sig for months back in those days)....

Can he be the leader that Juve need in attack? He's done it for us when Totti was injured and he did for Lecce in his first season in Serie A (scored a career high 19 goals that season)....I'd say he very well can be that player.

Last edited by McLewis on Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:05 pm

Turok_TTZ wrote:

He isnt madrid material as im trying to state that he isnt world class as in real madrid, u need to be wc to be even considered to play for madrid or have the potential to be wc.

lassana diarra? Granero? Adebayor ?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:07 pm

Flavio Concecaoi, Gravesen, Albiol, Paco Pavon to continue RG's post. Seriously, why is Turok mentioning Real Madrid when it's mainly about Roma, Juventus and Serie A?!
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Giuvitojuve Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:08 pm

Has World Class become a way to say "good"?

Isn't world class usually used for some one who would fit on a 23 man roster of the "best of the best". Hence; "A Class as the best of the World".

If it doesn't mean that. . . than why use world; "One of the best in the world"? Is that how vague it is. Hell depending how big the damn chart is a lot of people can fit that bill.

Quick way to find out if a player is world class.

Are there 2-3 players better than him at his position?

Yes?

Awesome!

He isn't. . . .
Giuvitojuve
Giuvitojuve
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by theaguia Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:10 pm

Giuvitojuve wrote:Has World Class become a way to say "good"?

Isn't world class usually used for some one who would fit on a 23 man roster of the "best of the best". Hence; "A Class as the best of the World".

If it doesn't mean that. . . than why use world; "One of the best in the world"? Is that how vague it is. Hell depending how big the damn chart is a lot of people can fit that bill.

Yes?

Awesome!

He isn't. . . .

finnally some one has caught up with my defination of world class. the term is way over used
theaguia
theaguia
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by paperbackwriter Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:12 pm

About Vucinic, I think he's a quality player. Not the impact player Juventus desperately need up front, but a good buy. Not that it says that much, but every time I watch Montenegro, he's like the Maradona of that team. His quality is so far beyond his poor team mates. Certainly a talented player.

Are Juve done with the market now? Or are there hopes that there might be a quality CF coming in still? Quag and Matri is just not good enough for a top team.
paperbackwriter
paperbackwriter
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:13 pm

paperbackwriter wrote:
Lionel Messi wrote:news flash: not everyone wants to talk about madrid in every thread

Yet you do. While most Juventus fans in this thread have understood and somewhat agreed with the point Turok tried to make. You're the one dragging the discussion about Madrid forth.
Except I'm not talking about Madrid, I'm talking about why he even brought them up in the first place.

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:14 pm

Over the hump? Juventus will not go from seventh to first in one year. Even if they could spend like Manchester City has.

Vucinic has a lot of positives, he is the perfect player for the LW/LFWD spot if Conte elects to go with a 4-3-3.

Not to mention it has already been said that Vucinic in will not block the arrival of another top player. It isn't over yet so that is something I look forward to.

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Giuvitojuve Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:16 pm

theaguia wrote:

Yes?

Awesome!

He isn't. . . .

finnally some one has caught up with my defination of world class. the term is way over used

Glad some one agrees.

Every time I see "_______________________ looking for a WC" forward and then I hear sums like "20-30" million available in the bank, I just chuckle.

The term has become so vague now. It used to mean something. Now it just means; "Welllll... I THINK HE IS GOOD!"
Giuvitojuve
Giuvitojuve
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:18 pm

Luca wrote:Over the hump? Juventus will not go from seventh to first in one year. Even if they could spend like Manchester City has.

Vucinic has a lot of positives, he is the perfect player for the LW/LFWD spot if Conte elects to go with a 4-3-3.

Not to mention it has already been said that Vucinic in will not block the arrival of another top player. It isn't over yet so that is something I look forward to.

vucinic is a very good forward, but the idea behind going after Kun or Rossi (which i disagree with) is that you were looking for an impact forward to lead the line of attack the way Del Piero did right?

in that context, i dont think it's mission accomplished. he is adding quality of course, and i will enjoy watching the competition for 3rd CL place for sure.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by paperbackwriter Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:19 pm

Lionel Messi wrote:
paperbackwriter wrote:

Except I'm not talking about Madrid, I'm talking about why he even brought them up in the first place.

Well atleast he talked about the player, sure he used some very biased rhetorics to make his point, but atleast he made a point about the topic. You're dragging the thread off topic through making it a discussion about why he brought it up.
paperbackwriter
paperbackwriter
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by paperbackwriter Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:21 pm

Why isn't Juve the ones that are going for Tevez now that he wants out? He have already shown that CL footie isn't his main concern. They need him way more than Inter and he could be the perfect player to build the team around... Some bad management going down here.
paperbackwriter
paperbackwriter
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:24 pm

paperbackwriter wrote:Why isn't Juve the ones that are going for Tevez now that he wants out? He have already shown that CL footie isn't his main concern. They need him way more than Inter and he could be the perfect player to build the team around... Some bad management going down here.

Exactly, i cant think of a better suited player for them now. they have to cough out 45M, but they should gladly do it.

sometimes it's better to sign Tevez for 40+M than signing vucinic and bastos for cheap
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:30 pm

McLewis wrote:
Turok_TTZ wrote:
McLewis wrote:
Turok_TTZ wrote:
Lionel Messi wrote:
Turok_TTZ wrote:Vucinic? not madrid quality i tell ya that now. aguero and rossi are far closer to madrid quality than vucinic
How sad... my condolences to juventus fans. Marrotta is truly one incompetent f***.
How much more arrogant can one be?

I am just quite disappointed with juve's activity. they dont go for wc players , they go for moderate players. a club of juve's stature shudnt be signing such players. these players juve are signing... wudnt be a starter in any top team in england or in spain apart from pirlo, probably vidal as well. malaga, psg are outdoing juve in the transfer market. truly how the mighty have fallen.

@ LM
I say madrid quality as wc player that wud be a starter in just about any team except maybe barca. these juve signings... arent wc. they are good enough... to land juve a decent 5th place. juve need far better than wut they are signing if they are to challenge ac milan or inter for that matter.

You still haven't answered my question as to what relevance Vucinic has to Madrid.

Do you have any links suggesting he was going to Madrid? Because I sure as hell don't.

Wanna know why?

Because he's never been linked with Madrid. Therefore, you calling him "not madrid material" constitutes trolling. Cut it out.

He isnt madrid material as im trying to state that he isnt world class as in real madrid, u need to be wc to be even considered to play for madrid or have the potential to be wc. such quality cud be a starter in any top team. I'm using Madrid as a benchmark for quality. as such, vucinic fails as he wudnt be a starter in say... bayern, manutd, barca, madrid, milan, inter, liverpool. i have no intention of stating him coming to madrid, that is laughable and i have no clue how u came up with this interpretation. :?:

although now u mentioned it, he was linked with us sometime 4 years ago as schuster, who was rm coach at the time, was looking for a striker and he wanted vucinic, but vucinic declined us if memory serves correctly. but Im not talking about that am I?

im was questioning vucinic's quality and comparing that quality to the quality u wud find in the tops teams of the world, with madrid being the benchmark. this is why i say he isnt madrid material as the way i see it, he doesnt pass the benchmark at all nor wud he fit in any of the teams i mentioned earlier. hence, "not madrid material".

I really dont know how u wud come up with ur current interpretation of my text but know that u interpreted it completely wrong, i suggest u reread twice, i do not recall saying that vucinic is going to madrid. Do not twist my words to fit ur interpretation, that wud be much worse. :coffee:

finally, try again.

I simply looked at your post and responded. No interpretation needed. That's not my point though.

This is a thread concerning Roma and Juventus with the player concerned being Mirko Vucinic.

Where does Real Madrid figure in this? Why was Madrid even mentioned?

Secondly, you vastly underrate Vucinic, but I will agree with you. He's not cut out for Madrid. Is that because he's not good enough? Absolutely not. It's because his style of football is incompatible with Madrid's. If you had said that instead of arrogantly assuming that he isn't good enough, I would not have taken offense.

Bottom line: Talk about Vucinic and his impact on Roma or Juventus or both. Nothing else. No need to go derailing this thread with biased nonsense.

1. reread my post. again.
2. so if i worded differently, u wudnt take offense to it? to make simple for u to understand: Vucinic is not good enough for juventus and not wut they need considering the quality of the attacking front, they need someone like aguero or rossi not vucinic. the fact that he hasnt scored past 15 league goals since coming to roma suggest he isnt influential. hasnt gone past 20 goals in total in one season since coming to roma suggests he isnt good enough and is not wc. his highest performance in a roma shirt was the 09-10 season where he scored 19 goals in all competitions. last season he only scored 11 total, 10 in the league. this man is in decline, but perhaps it is due to the situation roma was in earlier in the season? his best time in his career was with lecce and has since failed to replicate such form.

either way i do not understand ur words. unless if ur a vucinic fanboy, u have no reason to spout nonsense. I am a biased person but only when it comes to a player i favor greatly, and last i recall, the name of that player hasn't been mentioned in this entire thread. ur point is moot.

summary: vucinic isnt good enough for juventus or for any top team in world for that matter. u cant handle that, deal with it, that is the truth. Vucinic has done nothing to warrant such recognition especially considering how he did last season. 11 goals is laughable. didnt matri do better? combine his time with cagliari and juve and he has scored 19 last season. juve wasting money imo. :coffee: Juve deserve better in all seriousness. and im not even a juve fan.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

http://trm.jcink.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:30 pm

paperbackwriter wrote:
Lionel Messi wrote:
paperbackwriter wrote:

Well atleast he talked about the player, sure he used some very biased rhetorics to make his point, but atleast he made a point about the topic. You're dragging the thread off topic through making it a discussion about why he brought it up.
I'm not the only one though.

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:49 pm

RealGunner wrote:
Turok_TTZ wrote:

He isnt madrid material as im trying to state that he isnt world class as in real madrid, u need to be wc to be even considered to play for madrid or have the potential to be wc.

Lass: ur a hater
Granero: he has potential.
Ade: touché :coffee:
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:56 pm

Turok_TTZ wrote:
RealGunner wrote:
Turok_TTZ wrote:

All were brought in as depth players, other than Lass initially (he became one quickly). None of these guys are starter material at Madrid.

Back to top Go down

Post by 7amood11 Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:07 pm

Turok_TTZ wrote:
McLewis wrote:
Turok_TTZ wrote:
McLewis wrote:
Turok_TTZ wrote:
Lionel Messi wrote:
Turok_TTZ wrote:Vucinic? not madrid quality i tell ya that now. aguero and rossi are far closer to madrid quality than vucinic
How sad... my condolences to juventus fans. Marrotta is truly one incompetent f***.
How much more arrogant can one be?

I am just quite disappointed with juve's activity. they dont go for wc players , they go for moderate players. a club of juve's stature shudnt be signing such players. these players juve are signing... wudnt be a starter in any top team in england or in spain apart from pirlo, probably vidal as well. malaga, psg are outdoing juve in the transfer market. truly how the mighty have fallen.

@ LM
I say madrid quality as wc player that wud be a starter in just about any team except maybe barca. these juve signings... arent wc. they are good enough... to land juve a decent 5th place. juve need far better than wut they are signing if they are to challenge ac milan or inter for that matter.

You still haven't answered my question as to what relevance Vucinic has to Madrid.

Do you have any links suggesting he was going to Madrid? Because I sure as hell don't.

Wanna know why?

Because he's never been linked with Madrid. Therefore, you calling him "not madrid material" constitutes trolling. Cut it out.

He isnt madrid material as im trying to state that he isnt world class as in real madrid, u need to be wc to be even considered to play for madrid or have the potential to be wc. such quality cud be a starter in any top team. I'm using Madrid as a benchmark for quality. as such, vucinic fails as he wudnt be a starter in say... bayern, manutd, barca, madrid, milan, inter, liverpool. i have no intention of stating him coming to madrid, that is laughable and i have no clue how u came up with this interpretation. :?:

although now u mentioned it, he was linked with us sometime 4 years ago as schuster, who was rm coach at the time, was looking for a striker and he wanted vucinic, but vucinic declined us if memory serves correctly. but Im not talking about that am I?

im was questioning vucinic's quality and comparing that quality to the quality u wud find in the tops teams of the world, with madrid being the benchmark. this is why i say he isnt madrid material as the way i see it, he doesnt pass the benchmark at all nor wud he fit in any of the teams i mentioned earlier. hence, "not madrid material".

I really dont know how u wud come up with ur current interpretation of my text but know that u interpreted it completely wrong, i suggest u reread twice, i do not recall saying that vucinic is going to madrid. Do not twist my words to fit ur interpretation, that wud be much worse. :coffee:

finally, try again.

I simply looked at your post and responded. No interpretation needed. That's not my point though.

This is a thread concerning Roma and Juventus with the player concerned being Mirko Vucinic.

Where does Real Madrid figure in this? Why was Madrid even mentioned?

Secondly, you vastly underrate Vucinic, but I will agree with you. He's not cut out for Madrid. Is that because he's not good enough? Absolutely not. It's because his style of football is incompatible with Madrid's. If you had said that instead of arrogantly assuming that he isn't good enough, I would not have taken offense.

Bottom line: Talk about Vucinic and his impact on Roma or Juventus or both. Nothing else. No need to go derailing this thread with biased nonsense.

1. reread my post. again.
2. so if i worded differently, u wudnt take offense to it? to make simple for u to understand: Vucinic is not good enough for juventus and not wut they need considering the quality of the attacking front, they need someone like aguero or rossi not vucinic. the fact that he hasnt scored past 15 league goals since coming to roma suggest he isnt influential. hasnt gone past 20 goals in total in one season since coming to roma suggests he isnt good enough and is not wc. his highest performance in a roma shirt was the 09-10 season where he scored 19 goals in all competitions. last season he only scored 11 total, 10 in the league. this man is in decline, but perhaps it is due to the situation roma was in earlier in the season? his best time in his career was with lecce and has since failed to replicate such form.

either way i do not understand ur words. unless if ur a vucinic fanboy, u have no reason to spout nonsense. I am a biased person but only when it comes to a player i favor greatly, and last i recall, the name of that player hasn't been mentioned in this entire thread. ur point is moot.

summary: vucinic isnt good enough for juventus or for any top team in world for that matter. u cant handle that, deal with it, that is the truth. Vucinic has done nothing to warrant such recognition especially considering how he did last season. 11 goals is laughable. didnt matri do better? combine his time with cagliari and juve and he has scored 19 last season. juve wasting money imo. :coffee: Juve deserve better in all seriousness. and im not even a juve fan.

I just want to point out that Vucinic is NOT in decline, he's only 27, and his best years are ahead of him.

Vucinic's style of play is compatible with Juve's, and if we happen to play a 4-3-3, then he would fit in perfectly. Of course, he's not world-class and nobody said he is, but he's a very good player.

He doesn't score many goals because he is a SS, not a CF. Second strikers usually play a bit deeper than center forwards, helping out in the midfield a lot more, creating attacks, that sort of thing. Although he can do better, averaging about 15 goals a season is good for me. He's worth the price we're paying for him.

Also, even if his stats are worse than they are now, they only tell one side of the story. You have to see him play week in week out to judge him properly. Mclewis watches him every week and he said it himself, you are vastly underrating Vucinic. Of course, I'm not basing my opinion on his, but that's the way I see it too, from what I've seen from him.
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:12 pm

sportsczy wrote:
Turok_TTZ wrote:
RealGunner wrote:
Turok_TTZ wrote:

All were brought in as depth players, other than Lass initially (he became one quickly). None of these guys are starter material at Madrid.

ur a hater sport, lass is wc.

@7amood11

I thought that SS = CF ? do u mean cf vs striker?
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:15 pm

Turok_TTZ wrote:
RealGunner wrote:
Turok_TTZ wrote:

Lassana Diarra was never a WC player, isnt a wc player and will never be a wc player. A very good one perhaps but will he get into a 23 man squad of WC players? NO. ( aguia theory )

Granero has potential to be WC? so does denilson i guess ?

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:17 pm

Giu was right, the term world class is vastly overused, now we call people like lass world class, a shame for the sport.

A player dont need to be world class to make an impact anyway.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by theaguia Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:23 pm

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:Giu was right, the term world class is vastly overused, now we call people like lass world class, a shame for the sport.

A player dont need to be world class to make an impact anyway.
you mean i was right, just saying
theaguia
theaguia
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by theaguia Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:25 pm

Giuvitojuve wrote:
theaguia wrote:

Yes?

Awesome!

He isn't. . . .

Glad some one agrees.

Every time I see "_______________________ looking for a WC" forward and then I hear sums like "20-30" million available in the bank, I just chuckle.

The term has become so vague now. It used to mean something. Now it just means; "Welllll... I THINK HE IS GOOD!"

i made a thread abotu this in the old forum, too bad only a few people caught up with my 25 man world squad. ii agree that it is just supid to call 1000 players world class when in fact it should be only a few
theaguia
theaguia
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:48 pm

Mirko is getting a lot of stick in here..I for one am very sad atm that we've lost such a top player like him and seeing some of the Juve fans and other's think so little of him makes me quite angry tbh .

Mirko is a quality player and many the time he has come up with goods and saved our asses ...The guy has unbelievable technique ,a real game changer...
Scores some unreal goals that you just have to applaud...

Sad
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:52 pm

It isn't all Juventus fans, he is getting praised in the Juve section from some of us Smile

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next