Mr Nick09
adnyana179
cyberman
FalcaoPunch
shaven
117 posters

Page 40 of 44 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44  Next

Go down

la Máquina - Cristiano Ronaldo - Page 40 Empty Re: la Máquina - Cristiano Ronaldo

Post by titosantill Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:31 pm

for his era, he's definitely the man, and madrid fans appreciate him...me personally, i only like ranking players with others when they retire, easier for me to put things in perspective....i'll never rank him (or anyone) above di stefano though, i may not have seen him play, but madrid was zilch before him, and after his introduction, madrid conquered all and gained a reputation.....in the same vain, i can't put florentino on the same level as santiago bernabeau....

titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

la Máquina - Cristiano Ronaldo - Page 40 Empty Re: la Máquina - Cristiano Ronaldo

Post by TheVoiceOfTheVoiceless Wed Jan 14, 2015 7:30 am

For me he's just below Raul/Di Stefano level. He's already a legend. Fans go to a match and expect him to score. It's like when Ancelotti said 'with him every match starts 1-0'

Once he becomes all time top scorer and wins another Ballon d'or and may be another CL he'll be Madrid's greatest, in my eyes anyways.

I agree, those guys ahead of him have something endearing about them. They were/are loved worldwide, they meant to people much more than just football. Cristiano is a sports man 24/7, nothing wrong with that, but some people don't like him for it.
TheVoiceOfTheVoiceless
TheVoiceOfTheVoiceless
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:29 am

Irina and CR broke up apparently... she didn't show up a the ceremony, he didn't mention here while thanking everyone else... and she no longer follows him on any of her social media...
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:34 pm

Sport I think you're bagging on cr unfairly. I think he's matured quite a bit in his time here at madrid. And he's a good person, as shown by him donating money to hospitals, etc. Di stefano was part of what made us who we are today, and ronaldo can't EVER top that. But the cheap shots at his character are just low
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:07 pm

oh it's not his character... he's not doing anything morally or ethically wrong. He's just very brash, arrogant and self-involved. These aren't the traits that are going to keep you in the hearts of most people once your career is over... that's all i'm saying.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by TheVoiceOfTheVoiceless Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:03 pm

@sport,

Shayk has never followed Ronaldo on Twitter or on any of her social media accounts and a spokeswoman at Irina's New York-based PR company told Goal: "[The Ballon d'Or] didn't fit in with her schedule - it was because of work commitments. We have no further comment to make."

Could still be broken up, but they were just recently on a family holiday before the CWC
TheVoiceOfTheVoiceless
TheVoiceOfTheVoiceless
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:58 pm

sportsczy wrote:oh it's not his character... he's not doing anything morally or ethically wrong. He's just very brash, arrogant and self-involved. These aren't the traits that are going to keep you in the hearts of most people once your career is over... that's all i'm saying.

I agree with that.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:25 pm

http://streamable.com/tore
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:53 pm

what a beast :bow:
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:28 am

la Máquina - Cristiano Ronaldo - Page 40 51b4dfb2e48404065890dae6916fe5fec687b1a23d354fdc175f76f6fc966a7f
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sat May 26, 2018 6:11 pm

He's leaving
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sat May 26, 2018 6:26 pm

Straight after winning his fifth Champions League title, with Real Madrid beating Liverpool 3-1 in the final in Kiev, Cristiano Ronaldo spoke to beIN Sport at the pitchside and cast doubt on his future at the club.

The final: "The main thing was to win, to go down in history".

Does this team have continue with you leading it? "Now it's time to enjoy this. In the next few days I'll give the fans, who have been by my side, an answer. It's been great being at Real Madrid".  

That sounds like goodbye: "I'll speak in the next few days. Now it's time to enjoy the moment. The future of any player isn't important. We've made history".

Interviewed on TV afterwards and asked about his previous comments he refused to say anything more, stating simply that the future of the players wasn't important, the only important thing was that Real Madrid had won the Champions League.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sat May 26, 2018 6:27 pm

He juet wants a new contract. Ronaldo believes he can play till he is 40yo and he's at a club that's well suited for him. 100% angling for a renewal
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Tue May 29, 2018 8:45 pm

I don't know about you guys, but I really wouldn't mind it if C. Ronaldo leaves this summer. We won't find a replacement of his caliber, but I'd prefer it if he leaves under relatively undramatic circumstances. Also, despite what he's capable of, I'd love to see a younger player in his position who not only performs more consistently, but also provides some variation to a position that has been unchallenged and nailed down by CR7 for what feels like an eternity by now. Naturally, that might mean that we'll be lacking that little extra something that C. Ron has been providing in the big games, but the thought of having someone new, younger and unfamilliar in front of our midfield makes me tremble with excitement.

Cristiano has been fantastic for us, and for all we know, he might have one or two more seasons left in him, but I'd honestly prefer risking it on bringing in someone new, rather than relying on his mythical, superhuman physique and self-discipline to persist well into his 30s. He's been decisive for us during our success in recent years, but during the same period of time, his physical decline has been well documented. It's time to start an era with a new Kommander  Molenation
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Wed May 30, 2018 5:20 pm

It's just that he has won CL everytime he was the top scorer. That's no small feat, he is the CL GOAT.
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Wed May 30, 2018 5:58 pm

If it were up to me i'd let him go now, primarily because i think it is evident that he still limits us in terms of our playing potential; we still have to structure the team around an aging and declining player. Having said this, the relationship between Perez and Ronaldo is and always will be insipid and characterized by the ego but shrewdness of each, which to me means that Ronaldo won't leave until it is evident and unquestionable that he has nothing to do here. So i'd guess we will probably see him for two more seasons. It'd be nice to see him be able to play more isolated and be surrounded by potent forwards to his sides that can feed him but also provide balance and structure to the team.
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Wed May 30, 2018 6:11 pm

if the tax stuff is legit, we need to cut our losses imo.

We can use the money on Harry Kane, Griezmann, Nerman, etc.

He is getting older and the longer we keep him, his value goes down further.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

http://trm.jcink.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:01 am

Cristiano Ronaldo apparently wanted €75 million (£66m/$88m) a year, an increase of over €30m (£26m/$35m) on his current deal, to commit his future to Real Madrid, claims Cadena COPE.

The Portugal international's future at Madrid is currently up in the air after he hinted he could be leaving the club following the Champions League final .

And he apparently wants a six-year deal until 2024 to stay at the Bernabeu - a contract that would take him through to 39 years old.

What an idiot GTFO
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:10 am

Ronaldo makes (euros) 21 mil net now; he had an agreement last summer with the team to increase close to 31 mil net but the club offered him an incentive laden contract with performances related close that would take him up to 31m mil; the story is that he was upset and he rejected it. Now he is asking for 50 mil net for the remainder of his current contract, which is about 80 mil gross per year. so on the next 3 years, he wants us to pay him 150 mil net or 240 mil gross for all he has done for us.

numbers are similar to what EC reported. please send this guy to PSG lmao
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:21 am

That extension to 2021 was Perez' biggest mistake this mandate, should have let him run for free this year. Would've been much cheaper, now we're stuck with an old past his prime egocentric striker who wants us to pay him Neymar transfer fee in salary over the next 3 seasons ffs rofl
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:04 am

Extending CR was never a mistake. He definitely has a case for being paid more than 21 mil net that's for sure, when you look at how much others are making on the market.

We have to play hard to get with anyone otherwise every agent is in Perez's office to get a raise every summer, and maybe that's still to come lol we won 3 CLs in a row after all.

CR eventhough he is aging has definitely earned a bigger contract. Bigger in terms of wages but not a longer deal because father Time is undefeated.

He has little to no leverage though that's his problem. No club will aggressively come at Madrid to get CR with a large offer. So we are condemn to do the sensible thing and give him more cash, but knowing Perez it won't be as much as CR wants
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:05 pm

Yeah, extending his contract was certainly not a mistake-

To give some context, he makes less than Lavezzi, Oscar, Alexi Sanchez, Neymar, and Messi.

Messi makes over double Ronaldo's current salary. And if you are Ronaldo you are saying to yourself, I have shown I am the best player in the world, won the CL again and I am making half of what Messi makes, not to mention I'm making less than the likes of the above is a joke.

Having said that.. at this point in Ronaldo's career for RM to bring him up to those levels would be quite risky financially. He's old, he's shown decline, and there is no guarantee he won't ask for more next season.

If it was between cutting him loose at this point and sending him to China/PSG, or bowing down and giving him that massive contract- I would say to let him go, swap him for Neymar and get it over with.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:21 pm

I can understand where both (Madrid and Ronaldo) are coming from, honestly. He's been in the top 2 of the best players in the world for the last 11 years, is Madrid's all-time top goalscorer, has won everything there's to win individually and with Madrid, has been putting insane numbers every single season and has been instrumental to us winning silverware...yet he finds himself earning less than all those jokers? I completely understand why he's mad and it's completely valid.

From Madrid's perspective though, it's a conundrum because as great as he has been, paying someone his age 40m is very risky, especially when there's no guarantees he'll be able to keep performing at the highest level for many years to come.

But I'll say this. Ronaldo has done more than enough to be respected and bowed to. He's a Real Madrid icon in every sense of the word and definitely one of its biggest legends. So if the club doesn't plan on giving him his raise, they should at least have the decency to let him go and not hold him hostage. It's the least they can do for someone who has given everything to the club and conquered Europe wearing the white of Madrid.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:58 pm

If he wants Messi money he should play like Messi.

But in reality he's not 1/4 of Messi so I don't see how we should bow down to his demands. He's a poacher, should be paid like one and not 5 times more than our best players. Just watch the CL final for god's sake, how could you pay this guy Modric's wage * 5 ? It's disrespectful to say at least Laughing
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:25 pm

You can tell a player that has been top scorer in CL for like 6 years straight to play like Messi lol. We have to feed CR ego, actually, we did and it worked. We won 4 CLs in 5 years and CR was a massive part of that. I can guarantee you that he has a better trophy case than messi
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:12 pm

Play like Messi you say. It's actually been quite a while since I've seen Messi really command a CL tie meanwhile, Ronaldo has done that quite often since Madrid's domination in Europe began. And most importantly, he has and currently is our leading goal scorer so he really has legit grounds of wanting more money. Ronaldo has every right to want a better contract and Madrid has every right to tell him no.

Like the Russian spy DoC mentioned, I get both parties.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 44 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44  Next