Firenze
Vibe
31 posters

Page 25 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next

Go down

La Liga 2023/24 - Page 25 Empty Re: La Liga 2023/24

Post by halamadrid2 Mon Jan 08, 2024 10:27 pm

Myesyats wrote:Atleti are winning this for sure
We'll be playing Atleti 3 times in the space of a month. Shades of Solari against Barca. We'll put them out of their misery.

halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Tue Jan 09, 2024 6:59 am

Cool...maybe we might snatch the Copa at least if Roque turns out to be good n Real cbf Razz
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Jan 11, 2024 1:13 am

Legendary game between RM and Kepa with RM coming out in top in the end.

The referee unfortunately forgot his cards in the car on his way to the game. Only explanation for the lack of cards despite 29 fouls in the game.
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Thu Jan 11, 2024 8:05 am

Ref was poor but pretty expected in this farce of a trophe nowadays Razz Just tires the teams even more in a packed season for a cup that no one cared about b4 turning into another money spinning circus in SA Razz

For the match it was a good one but pretty much the same story as usual. Real are much better n Atletico does well to push them so far, but as always just tires out towards the end n dont have as much quality n relying on defending n sneaking goals. Bench is so weak too. That no.25 kid getting pocketed by old Cavarjal was pretty sad to see Very Happy Also Witsel should retire, sad to see him embarrassing himself so often these days... Oblak was dreaming n beat to the ball by the Real kid half his size at the end was funny as XD

Next we prolly edge through Osasuna n then get smashed in the final Razz
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Jan 11, 2024 8:44 am

What was this game? Spanish Super Cup semi-final?

So it wasn't La Liga or Copa Del Rey. It was the semifinal of the supercup? Isn't the supercup supposed to be a nothing exhibition game between prior year's CDR and La Liga winners... and now it has a semi? First off, how does it have 4 teams looool.

Just lol. Glad I missed it.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Jan 11, 2024 9:13 am

Have you missed the Pique scandal
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Thu Jan 11, 2024 11:45 am

Yea Sport, the format changed I think since last season, its a complete joke Razz

Surprisingly too the teams all seem to treat it very seriously n field the best players out... n I guess us fans get more football to watch between the 'best 4' teams from the previous season (one being the losing finalist of the Copa Del Rey n if not the 3rd placed in the league) in Jan. which is not that bad. But the comp n traveling n the effect it has in terms of too many matches in a season definitely not good for the players... but the money earned is the most that matters to the clubs I guess.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Thu Jan 11, 2024 6:28 pm

sportsczy wrote:What was this game? Spanish Super Cup semi-final?

So it wasn't La Liga or Copa Del Rey. It was the semifinal of the supercup? Isn't the supercup supposed to be a nothing exhibition game between prior year's CDR and La Liga winners... and now it has a semi? First off, how does it have 4 teams looool.

Just lol. Glad I missed it.

You missed this one Sports. It’s thanks to Tebas! Instead of doing his job at Marketing la liga, he contrived this nonsense, expanded friendlies in distant Saudi Arabia, mid season for money. This is third season for this! Speaking of money, Tebas has given himself another raise. His annual salary is 600K, head of Spanish federation is 500K and Flo’s by the way is 100K.
Just insane, that these heads of Federations are ripping everyone off and at same time wrecking futbol for their own personal gain.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu Jan 11, 2024 9:29 pm

Lmao I thought it was CdR as well, whats the point of a semis in the supercup Laughing

Myesyats
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Thu Jan 11, 2024 10:58 pm

God, watching Roberto misses the attempt to shoot from that great move we made... depressing stuff.... Ferran still there... so why we signed Roque if hes just gonna warm the bench Sad
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Jan 11, 2024 10:59 pm

Agreed Bill.

Also, it had extra time!  at the very least, it should have gone to PKs after regular time.  I saw the game on tape.  Great game.  But very nonsensical.

Tebas is the worse federation president i have ever seen and most of them are terrible.

To be honest, one of the big reasons I'm souring on La Liga is Tebas. Not only is he a criminal, he constantly attacks Ligue 1 every year. You wonder if he doesn't have anything else to do. If he was smart, he would make friends with Ligue 1 clubs since they develop players. For years, Ligue 1 clubs have fed La Liga with great players. But due to Tebas, things have tensed a bit and Ligue 1 clubs prefer to deal with Germany for example.

Last edited by sportsczy on Thu Jan 11, 2024 11:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Thu Jan 11, 2024 11:02 pm

Osasuna escapes red card when Raphinha through from that last man there... refs r terrible in this clown tourny...
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Thu Jan 11, 2024 11:12 pm

Raphinha out... at this rate we might not even make it to the final lol...
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Jan 11, 2024 11:12 pm

Myesyats wrote:Lmao I thought it was CdR as well, whats the point of a semis in the supercup Laughing
$$$

Why else

CWC is following suit now involving teams that have no business being involved.

Perez needs to save us from this

Herrera is a good goalie. Is usually very good against the big 2
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Thu Jan 11, 2024 11:59 pm

sportsczy wrote:Agreed Bill.

Also, it had extra time!  at the very least, it should have gone to PKs after regular time.  I saw the game on tape.  Great game.  But very nonsensical.

Tebas is the worse federation president i have ever seen and most of them are terrible.

To be honest, one of the big reasons I'm souring on La Liga is Tebas. Not only is he a criminal, he constantly attacks Ligue 1 every year. You wonder if he doesn't have anything else to do. If he was smart, he would make friends with Ligue 1 clubs since they develop players. For years, Ligue 1 clubs have fed La Liga with great players. But due to Tebas, things have tensed a bit and Ligue 1 clubs prefer to deal with Germany for example.

I detest all of them Tebas, Rubiales (thank god he’s gone, but who knows who will replace him), Ceferin and Infantino! How they can justify salaries greater than country presidents is beyond me. (Note - I have restricted salary comparison to countries not including states as their salaries would be close to head of Cataluna!)

None of them are in it for the good of futbol. And I was talking about salaries, we all know there are lots of paybacks, as per fifa and Uefa scandals, to them as well.

This Spanish super cup is a prime example that we were discussing in another thread regarding too many games, the expansion to 4 teams, the travel, moving from prior to season friendlies to mid season, all for the sake of money, little regard for players plus I don’t believe there is anything in this for players!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Fri Jan 12, 2024 12:07 am

Watching Yamal muscled off the ball every game just shows the game today u need physicality... Barcas midgets are pretty outdated, unless ur Gavi type Razz Otherwise will just end up like Ferran n Roberto weaklings unable to compete... so all our kids need to bulk up evnetually if wanna succeed in the first team.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Fri Jan 12, 2024 12:10 am

BarcaLearning wrote:God, watching Roberto misses the attempt to shoot from that great move we made... depressing stuff.... Ferran still there... so why we signed Roque if hes just gonna warm the bench Sad

I think your expectation of Roque is way off base. He and Endick are very young, show lots of promise but have not played with the big boys yet. They also need to adjust to Europe. If you bother to check, you will find similar SA talents have typically taken 2 years to adjust and develop. The fact that Barca rushed him in January rather than waiting until summer is only because he is 6 months older than Endick. IMO, his actually playing time in rest of this season will only be sparingly.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Fri Jan 12, 2024 12:14 am

BarcaLearning wrote:Watching Yamal muscled off the ball every game just shows the game today u need physicality... Barcas midgets are pretty outdated, unless ur Gavi type Razz Otherwise will just end up like Ferran n Roberto weaklings unable to compete... so all our kids need to bulk up evnetually if wanna succeed in the first team.

I just read yesterday that Barca management are concerned about Yamal in that he has made friends with questionable wrong characters! Don’t Barca put these young talents under some mentorship guidance and life management?
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Fri Jan 12, 2024 12:15 am

Thats disappointing cos I just want to see anyone beside Ferran lol... just anybody other than that blackhole XD

We been really struggling for a long time in attack so ready or not I hope Roque features more, need to hit the ground running given our limited options.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Fri Jan 12, 2024 12:22 am

So we scraped through... see Real in the final, dont rape us too hard pls Razz
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Fri Jan 12, 2024 12:26 am

You didn't scrape through. Osasuna hardly threatened you all game.

These Osasuna players are so bloody slow a snail could probably run faster than them.

Can't wait for the final on Sunday. It's going to be great.

If Kepa starts we are going to have to win 6-5 so hopefully we wrap him up in a gift basket and send his ass back to Chelsea.
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Jan 12, 2024 1:43 am

Here's what I would back Florentino Perez 100% on.

A competition where the top 4 teams of last year's league table go directly to elimination rounds.  The next 4 in the table have qualification rounds to make the elimination rounds.

Get rid of all these European competitions and make one big giant tournament in which the top 8 teams of the leagues can play.  You can even add the teams from lesser leagues into the qualification rounds.

Simple.  No nonsense.  Pure meritocracy.

There's no way that the elite team won't make the top 4 of their leagues.  And if by some crazy chance, they don't, they're still in it.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Fri Jan 12, 2024 3:49 am

Should I call up,Flo and see if he wants to work with us Sports?

I would go for that, but with a slight modification. The number of teams for each country going would still depend on league ranking. I.e. no way an 8th team from France or Portugal or Netherlands should get 8. i’m ok with half getting direct path and second half have to qualify. Plus you have to make some ability for much lower ranked countries get to play, maybe in qualification rounds. i see no problem with multiple qualification rounds as is done today and it wouldn’t be a bad idea to have a secondary competition for strongest losers (maybe from final round of qualifying).

I also had liked the concept of a semi league type play up to Christmas, although to do this, you can’t have 32 teams qualifying, perhaps the top 4 teams have to play in the final qualification round. Two groups of 8 would work.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Jan 12, 2024 4:25 am

Yeah no issues with that.  You can have league rankings (similar to UEFA coefficients) and that tells you which teams play at what level.

All these random competitions are absolutely crazy.  

Some way, I'd also love to see a player's union of sorts.  It forces clubs and leagues to negotiate with representatives of players on the number of games players are forced to play.  

Everything is entirely too one-sided.  I can't believe I'm advocating for a union lol.  And I'm also stunned that it doesn't exist in Europe of all places while player unions are standard in the US of all places too.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Fri Jan 12, 2024 4:58 am

The difference Sports is one country vs 30 some, different laws, labor practices etc. As well there are issues of budget capabilities within the domestic leagues.

In Spain for instance, The top 2 have budgets in excess of 300M, Atleti is around 100M, then the next 10 or so are between 40 to 70, bottom feeders are 20 to 40. And then when you go to 2nd division, top budgets are 10M, most closer to 5M.

The top players don’t need a union, they are extremely well paid esp in comparison to the leagues in US you refer to. It’s the squad players that would benefit, but somehow you have to deal with teams with budgets in 50M to 75M budgets (lots below that as well) and what they can pay to their squads.

What I’m referring to is best explained with 2 examples: Mariano was getting 4M (basically bottom salary on a top club) to sit on bench and wouldn’t go to a lower club where he would play and his proper salary would be at a high of 2M. Other example is Ceballos. He could have gone to Betis and be a starter, but his salary would have been substantially reduced from what he gets at Madrid as a squad player. He did hold out until he was made to feel important and getting some playing time by Carlo. Note I am misleading a bit as there was the issue of transfer fee.

But there are a couple of benefits for all players in a say in number of games and some distribution of revenues.

Note - I must acknowledge that I was anti union (and still am) all my business career.

I think a resolution of this would be some player leadership and do what Spanish Women did, i.e. a holdout until conditions such as numbers of games are discussed. However I suspect the reaction from the likes of Tebas, Rubiales, Cerafin, Infantino is what Spanish federation initially did which was to black list them. If it wasn’t for Rubiales stupidity, they would still be black listed.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Jan 12, 2024 6:42 am

Yeah, I'm not AT ALL pro-union.  They're super corrupt generally too and do more harm than good.  But in this case, the management is running crazy.  

But sports unions are very very small.  Each team chooses a union representative via player vote.  Then the team union reps vote for a union chief.  They typically have players pay a union fee so that, if they need to hold out, the players who need the money can survive.  They also make sure that the lower-level players get standard benefits, minimum pay, etc.

In France and the US, if a certain percentage of the employees (in this case, the players) vote to create a union...  the owner cannot stop them.  By law, the union is forced on the enterprise.

Hope it happens in this particular case.  Something needs to get in the way of the greed.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next