Firenze
Lord Awesome
BarrileteCosmico
Robespierre
21 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Who'll go through ?

UCL Ro16 2022/23 |  PSG - Bayern Munchen - Page 2 Vote_lcap33%UCL Ro16 2022/23 |  PSG - Bayern Munchen - Page 2 Vote_rcap 33% 
[ 1 ]
UCL Ro16 2022/23 |  PSG - Bayern Munchen - Page 2 Vote_lcap67%UCL Ro16 2022/23 |  PSG - Bayern Munchen - Page 2 Vote_rcap 67% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 3

UCL Ro16 2022/23 |  PSG - Bayern Munchen - Page 2 Empty Re: UCL Ro16 2022/23 | PSG - Bayern Munchen

Post by Firenze Wed Mar 08, 2023 9:45 pm

I guess Lewa forced a move away and there weren't any affordable, great CF's on the market and they're waiting? still..

Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

UCL Ro16 2022/23 |  PSG - Bayern Munchen - Page 2 Empty Re: UCL Ro16 2022/23 | PSG - Bayern Munchen

Post by Vibe Wed Mar 08, 2023 9:50 pm

It is strange how Choupo-Moting evolved.

I basically remember him as a poor mans Reo Coker in the Premier League.
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Wed Mar 08, 2023 9:52 pm

Absolutely nothing went right for PSG. Well played to Bayern tho they changed their game according to MBappe starting. No space for him this time.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Wed Mar 08, 2023 9:57 pm

Lord Awesome wrote:Absolutely nothing went right for PSG. Well played to Bayern tho they changed their game according to MBappe starting. No space for him this time.

Half of this forum criticized me 2 years ago when I pointed out that I was underwhelmed by his lack of ability to be productive when he wasn't able to use his speed. As usual, everyone else was right Laughing
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Wed Mar 08, 2023 10:01 pm

Thimmy wrote:
Half of this forum criticized me 2 years ago when I pointed out that I was underwhelmed by his lack of ability to be productive when he wasn't able to use his speed. As usual, everyone else was right Laughing  

True MBappe's speed is his main trump card apart from his finishing. He can dribble in tight spaces every now and then but yes I mostly agree that MBappe excells more when space is available for him to exploit.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Wed Mar 08, 2023 10:06 pm

I've barely watched him since then, so I don't know if he's improved in that regard. But the criticism wasn't intended to berate him or drag him down, I just noticed in several matches that whenever a fullback managed to match his speed, his threat would become neutralized.

More recently, he excelled against Carvajal who's form has fallen off a cliff, and then he was largely neutralized again by Kyle Walker in the world cup, so I assume that's still an area that has room for improvement.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Wed Mar 08, 2023 10:07 pm

Thimmy wrote:
Lord Awesome wrote:Absolutely nothing went right for PSG. Well played to Bayern tho they changed their game according to MBappe starting. No space for him this time.

These last few years I feel his game is a little more resembling CR7. He wants to be a focal point in attack and relies on his pace and wants to cut in from the wings. Its a shame because I feel his game does have a lot more to offer. I'm going to laugh if Haaland ends up adding more to his games and ends a more complete player Laughing
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Wed Mar 08, 2023 10:09 pm

I think Haaland's development is going to stagnate unless Pep reconsiders how to utilize him. He might as well be replaced by an Inzaghi-type in the role he's playing for them these days.

Resembling CR7 isn't a bad thing at all, if he can make himself an aerial threat or add another dimension to his game that allows him to be productive even when he's being marked by a player who can match his speed.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Wed Mar 08, 2023 10:15 pm

Thimmy wrote:

Half of this forum criticized me 2 years ago when I pointed out that I was underwhelmed by his lack of ability to be productive when he wasn't able to use his speed.  
Sounds like Vinicus tbh

BTW how shit if Fabian Ruiz? shades of prime Andre Gomes or worse
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Wed Mar 08, 2023 10:17 pm

Feel like MBappe will resort to more technical play when he begins to lose speed. It might be better if he could start developing his technical attributes now so it wont hit him as hard the days he begins to lose speed.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Wed Mar 08, 2023 10:18 pm

Bayern were the better team across two legs. CL is a lot about shifts in momentum and PSG never got any bounces to go their way to have that. Then in typical PSG fashion they lose the game due to their own brainfarts.

Their options on the bench were shocking though. All those millions and you bring on a 16-year old and 17-year old against Bayern away?

Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Wed Mar 08, 2023 10:23 pm

Casciavit wrote:\Then in typical PSG fashion they lose the game due to their own brainfarts.

Verratti dribbling in his own box in the most important game of the season thus far is peak PSG
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Wed Mar 08, 2023 10:23 pm

Maybe they figured it was time to bring on the kids since a 34 year old was already schooling them hmm
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Wed Mar 08, 2023 10:59 pm

Valkyrja wrote:is this the superteam sports was hyping in the summer ? :ROFL:
Firenze wrote:

also, Sports, time to accept that this PSG project is a failure

I wonder how long will it take for the oil nations to lose interest, not only at PSG, but City, Newcastle and maybe ManU as well. Now that the Qatar WC is over and the repeated failures at PSG, you have to wonder why they keep throwing more money just to win the lowly French league!

And none of the other oil nations team can really say they have been tremendously successful! I can see Radcliffe winning out with Manu. City needs to finally win CL to keep relative and let’s not lose sight of the UK FFP investigation! And although Newcastle have moved up from bottom of EPL, to a possible top 6, is that enough?
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Mar 09, 2023 5:41 am

Pretty limp display by QSG. Only Ramos trying.

We need to secure Zizou before these lot offer him half of Qatar
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Mar 09, 2023 5:49 am

Mbappe doesn't need a lot (as the WC final, WC in general, and many many other examples have shown)... but he needs something.  

He's extremely good in tight spaces, but not when 3 players are watching him at all times as Bayern did.  There has to be another outlet to counterbalance him.  Unfortunately, nobody on PSG other than Mbappe has speed or can score from a central striking position.  Messi isn't that anymore... closer to a 10 nowadays and lacks the burst he used to have.  

PSG's issue is and always has been three things:  Shocking goalkeeping in big moments, shocking brainfarts leading to unnecessary goals, and inconsistent and uncreative midfield.  Frankly, unless Verratti is playing at close to his top level, the midfield sucks... and he's been absolute shit since the 2nd half of the season started.

Not surprised by the result at all.  Since Jan 1, PSG has won 9 games, lost 6 games and drawn 1.  This isn't just Bayern... they've lost to Marseille, Lens, Rennes and Monaco in that time, which happen to be in 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th place in Ligue 1.  Literally, every good team has beaten PSG since Jan 1.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Thu Mar 09, 2023 7:27 am

Mbappe will be fine, he has enough all round game at such a high level already, if one day he loses his pace he will still be a WC player since he can just about do everything.

Just sad for Messi will definitely should be winning more CLs in his career. This PSG side just still lack some things no matter how hard they try. Bayern are great but not without weakness, but over the tie PSG were no where near better n couldnt even score one goal, that says it all. Times up for Messi in the CL I think? Unless PSG somehow manage to revamp the team in one season or something.

Bayern were so much better physically, Gretzka just bumps into Messi n Verratti etc n they bounce off XD
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Thu Mar 09, 2023 7:35 am

Meh, it was obvious that PSG was going to struggle, as they've been after the World Cup. Didn't watch the game, but not surprised that there was at least one defensive brainfart.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu Mar 09, 2023 7:36 am

futbol_bill wrote:
Valkyrja wrote:is this the superteam sports was hyping in the summer ? :ROFL:
Firenze wrote:

also, Sports, time to accept that this PSG project is a failure

I wonder how long will it take for the oil nations to lose interest, not only at PSG, but City, Newcastle and maybe ManU as well. Now that the Qatar WC is over and the repeated failures at PSG, you have to wonder why they keep throwing more money just to win the lowly French league!

And none of the other oil nations team can really say they have been tremendously successful! I can see Radcliffe winning out with Manu. City needs to finally win CL to keep relative and let’s not lose sight of the UK FFP investigation! And although Newcastle have moved up from bottom of EPL, to a possible top 6, is that enough?

they purely see it as an investment... as long as the money keeps on coming in, they'll be there
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu Mar 09, 2023 7:43 am

i've said it myself @Timothy... more than anything else dude is just a one-trick pony. Get in behind and score. Mind you he is extremely world class at it, but once that first knee injury comes, most of his fanboys might be in for a real real big surprise.

This supposed idea that he has potential to be a good dribbler too is bullshit. Dude has no natural touch, and most of the time the reason he completes a nice dribble here and there is because of his speed not because of finesse.

Trying to frame his game after CR7 might be his best bet. But then again at least Ronaldo had a consistent great long shot in his peak with great technique and power with both feet, and was a massive aerial threat.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu Mar 09, 2023 7:45 am

If instead of signing Messi, PSG spent that money on bolstering their midfield they'd be a better team don't @ me.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu Mar 09, 2023 8:14 am

again, Messi was a financial investment more than anything else. That's an attention-seeking strawman's argument to make because Messi is not the problem of PSG. And you simply cannot say that about still the best player in the world.

Furthermore, it's hard to construct a CL winning midfield especially when Real Madrid still has the ultimate best midfielder in the game in Modric. Great consistent high level performing midfielders don't just come around everyday, and then you need to get the balance correct too between DM, box to box and AM. They could've tried, i get your point, because they've never had a great midfield ever under their oil money era, which is weird. But all i'm saying is they would've needed a lot of luck to get it right quickly.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Thu Mar 09, 2023 4:10 pm

Correct me if I’m wrong but the only time QSG went past CL QFs was when they were carried by Neymar, only for the new king of football to bottle a tap-in in the final ?
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Mar 09, 2023 5:26 pm

Thimmy wrote:That first goal did not look offside. I'll never understand how they can get it wrong when a player is miles offside sometimes, but other times they use surgical, laser precision when judging these situations.

Müller was offside when ChoupoBetterThanLewandowski™ headed the ball and he made a movement to play it, so it's arguable he could be seen as interfering with DonnarummaWorseThan Maignan™. Donnarumma wasn't getting there anyway so it feels harsh but I won't have too many complaints.

I thought it was a great game, PSG to me was very strong in the first half but we got the upper hand eventually, played an amazing second half and went through deservedly.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Mar 09, 2023 5:44 pm

Firenze wrote:I guess Lewa forced a move away and there weren't any affordable, great CF's on the market and they're waiting? still..

That's really all there is to it.

Mané was a half-replacement while Choupo who's a decent backup who's apparently great in the dressing room was deemed to fill in for thes season. They might try for Kane or some other striker to give us an option at the position like Thuram, who knows. 17 year old Tel is groomed for the position. Or Moukoko?
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu Mar 09, 2023 5:46 pm

Jerôme Rothen, ex-PSG, on Messi: “We don’t want him. He’s not invested in the club. 18G/16A is all well and good against Angers and Clermont, but he disappears in big games. It’s a joke. We’ve seen what he can do [in the World Cup]. He just doesn’t help PSG in the slightest.”

lmao the audacity to buy mercenaries for marketing and act surprised that they don't give a shit about the plastic club? Laughing
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next