BarcaLearning
Lord Spencer
Mamad
Chad31
titosantill
46 posters

Page 18 of 25 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 21 ... 25  Next

Go down

The new player-manager-director of football - Kylian Mbappe - Page 18 Empty Re: The new player-manager-director of football - Kylian Mbappe

Post by futbol_bill Fri Jun 16, 2023 7:22 pm

And you said at one time, he wasn’t in it for the money!

futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

The new player-manager-director of football - Kylian Mbappe - Page 18 Empty Re: The new player-manager-director of football - Kylian Mbappe

Post by Pedram Fri Jun 16, 2023 8:30 pm

This Mbappe guy thinks too highly of himself
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Fri Jun 16, 2023 10:10 pm

I actually think Mbappe at ManU would be a good thing in terms of competitiveness.

You first need to accept that there really are currently only 4 teams (City, ManU, Newcastle and PSG) with financial capability to buy whoever they choose. City currently is way above everybody and therefore the target. Newcastle is new to this while the other two have not had much success in making smart acquisitions. ManU seems to be improving in that respect, but the delayed ownership change means the desired rebuild goes into 2024.

Meanwhile RMad, Bayern, Liverpool, possibly Arsenal are capable of smart purchases with limited budgets to stay competitive. I have purposely excluded Chelsea and Barcelona as they seem to me, to need some time to sort out their problems before they can be competitive with the top tier. Also I ignore the Italian teams as they are still a long ways from having financial capability to buy top players.

So back to Mbappe, I feel him coming to RMad would be more of a detraction than an improvement, plus if there is any truth to what Sports is saying, he is looking for a salary bidding battle for his services in summer of 2024. If that is the case, that battle would be between ManU and Newcastle or a return to PSG. If the ownership change is done by summer of 2024, then ManU is the most attractive IMO and Mbappe instantly makes them competitive to City. And again IMO, RMad, Bayern, Pool can also be competitive with smart signings. So we end up with 4 or 5 competitive teams which makes for good futbol! Obviously having more teams with financial capabilities would be better, but I would settle for the 4 or 5, an improvement over just City.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Fri Jun 16, 2023 10:43 pm

Balogun + Jesus + 100mil for Mbappe, come on Stan Kroenke!
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sat Jun 17, 2023 12:05 am

futbol_bill wrote:Meanwhile RMad, Bayern, Liverpool, possibly Arsenal are capable of smart purchases with limited budgets to stay competitive.

100m on tchouameni
100m on bellingham

And papa perez has at least 180m at the ready if only Mboopz gives the green light.

what's limited here? Perez is mostly wise with spending but he's not limited
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sat Jun 17, 2023 12:53 am

He has said he can sign ONE per year! He is limited, the budget allows roughly 200M per year and unlike the top 3 or 4, there is no injection of new capital. (You’re showing your lack of comprehension of finances again!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Jun 17, 2023 3:02 am

futbol_bill wrote:And you said at one time, he wasn’t in it for the money!

Paying 100s of millions up front and guaranteeing 5+ years on a contract is far riskier from a club standpoint. This is a good deal for both parties. It's not more money.

He's taking a lot more risk. He's saying that I'm going to be so great that I will be worth more in two years. Injuries happen... but he's taking on that risk instead of the club and wants to get compensated for it.

A lot of players will take the guaranteed money and run. Mbappe is putting himself on the line. I think it shows that he will be motivated and working hard to be better no matter what.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sat Jun 17, 2023 9:02 am

futbol_bill wrote:He has said he can sign ONE per year! He is limited, the budget allows roughly 200M per year and unlike the top 3 or 4, there is no injection of new capital. (You’re showing your lack of comprehension of finances again!

You've already signed Bellingham this summer for 100m and Perez is attentive to Mbappe's situation which means he would spend another 150m+ at least because that's what it takes in case of Mboopz. You can sign anyone you want this summer, even if it means no signings next year.

In the last 3 years you've paid a fee only for Cama and Tchou IIRC. However, in the summer of 2019 you spent 350m. This season feels like time for another spree.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sat Jun 17, 2023 9:10 am

sportsczy wrote:

Paying 100s of millions up front and guaranteeing 5+ years on a contract is far riskier from a club standpoint. This is a good deal for both parties. It's not more money.

He's taking a lot more risk. He's saying that I'm going to be so great that I will be worth more in two years. Injuries happen... but he's taking on that risk instead of the club and wants to get compensated for it.

A lot of players will take the guaranteed money and run. Mbappe is putting himself on the line. I think it shows that he will be motivated and working hard to be better no matter what.

What risk is he taking, precisely? His contract renewal with PSG was worth 430 million or something.

A lot of players take guaranteed money because not everyone gets a 100m sign-on bonus from the Qatari royals
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sat Jun 17, 2023 2:12 pm

Myesyats wrote:
futbol_bill wrote:He has said he can sign ONE per year! He is limited, the budget allows roughly 200M per year and unlike the top 3 or 4, there is no injection of new capital. (You’re showing your lack of comprehension of finances again!

You've already signed Bellingham this summer for 100m and Perez is attentive to Mbappe's situation which means he would spend another 150m+ at least because that's what it takes in case of Mboopz. You can sign anyone you want this summer, even if it means no signings next year.

In the last 3 years you've paid a fee only for Cama and Tchou IIRC. However, in the summer of 2019 you spent 350m. This season feels like time for another spree.

Your lack of comprehension of finances is astounding. We are talking a out net acquisitions spending and no injection of new capital! Further, both Perez and Mbappe have both publicly said “not this year”.

You also seem to ignore the smart acquisitions such as Camavinga, Vinicius, Rodrygo, Alaba, Militao, Rudgier.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Sat Jun 17, 2023 2:48 pm

futbol_bill wrote:
Myesyats wrote:

Your lack of comprehension of finances is astounding. We are talking a out net acquisitions spending and no injection of new capital! Further, both Perez and Mbappe have both publicly said “not this year”.

You also seem to ignore the smart acquisitions such as Camavinga, Vinicius, Rodrygo, Alaba, Militao, Rudgier.

Clown club with a clown fanbase :facepalm:
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sat Jun 17, 2023 2:52 pm

Well you all thought Mbappe was coming this year before he denied it publicly. I never said you can compete with oil money, but you’re putting yourself in the same bracket as Arsenal.. so who is lacking comprehension here!
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sat Jun 17, 2023 2:54 pm

Pedram wrote:What disrespect? always believed in Mbappe in the white shirt.

Come to papa Kylian

This you? Thought he was coming for free or something ? :facepalm:

Madrid fans painting themselves as underdogs is prime delusion
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sat Jun 17, 2023 3:11 pm

Now you can't even read! I said possibly Arsenal. Have you seen the television revenue in EPL versus that of RMad?

Re Mbappe, if it would be, next year, as Sports has indicated, a free transfer, but a bidding war on salary, then yes Madrid can compete, but unlike Barca and possibly the oil state clubs, Perez won’t commit the club to a salary that is at or more than 40% of its income.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sat Jun 17, 2023 3:35 pm

You write absolute drivel and accuse others of not being able to read it.

Nobody is in PSGs bracket in terms of salary. Man City’s best player is on 20m per season while Mbappe pockets 80m per season.

If he demands that next year then he is staying at PSG. Same reason why nobody will buy Neymar. If he wants to move he will need to adapt to reality. I doubt Man City would stretch their salary structure for him.

Your biggest player, Hazard, is/was also on 20m per year.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sat Jun 17, 2023 3:40 pm

Myesyats wrote:
Pedram wrote:What disrespect? always believed in Mbappe in the white shirt.

Come to papa Kylian

This you? Thought he was coming for free or something ? :facepalm:

Madrid fans painting themselves as underdogs is prime delusion

The new player-manager-director of football - Kylian Mbappe - Page 18 Skjerm97

Arsenal isn't a bad comparison. They've been shrewd in the transfer market. Acquired Martin Ødegaard for a relatively small sum, who's not only been their best player this season, in my opinion, but was also made their captain after only having been at the club for a year. They've spent some money, but managed to upgrade a lot of positions by spending it wisely.

Many people wanted Arteta out, it almost seemed like some people on here had a personal grudge against him, but they gave him time and it is paying off. As much as people insist that they bottled it this season, they finished in 5th last season and 8th the season before that. I think it's a strong indication of having done something right when people expect you to jump from a 5th place finish to beating arguably the best team in Europe right now to the league title.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sat Jun 17, 2023 4:29 pm

Myesyats wrote:You write absolute drivel and accuse others of not being able to read it.

Nobody is in PSGs bracket in terms of salary. Man City’s best player is on 20m per season while Mbappe pockets 80m per season.

If he demands that next year then he is staying at PSG. Same reason why nobody will buy Neymar. If he wants to move he will need to adapt to reality. I doubt Man City would stretch their salary structure for him.

Your biggest player, Hazard, is/was also on 20m per year.

I guess it’s dribble if you can’t comprehend! Did you bother to see who is likely the owner of ManU next season. Newcastle, City, PSG and likely manU, all have something in common
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sat Jun 17, 2023 6:21 pm

You can't make signings at the same rate as oil clubs, sure (never claimed otherwise), but you can still compete as evidenced by your movements in the market. You can pay your best player 20m per year as Man City does, for example. PSG aside, because they are off the charts but I believe that City does operate in a very sustainable manner, especially that they have silverware to show for it, but their salary structure is quite sensible.

There's hope for salary/fee limits in the future. But even in today's climate, you can still keep up. You're getting everyone that you want to get and you'll also get Mbappe most likely. All 4 of Tchou, Cama, Bellingham and Mbappe are/were among the hottest names on the market.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Jun 17, 2023 7:54 pm

Myesyats wrote:
sportsczy wrote:

Paying 100s of millions up front and guaranteeing 5+ years on a contract is far riskier from a club standpoint.  This is a good deal for both parties.  It's not more money.

He's taking a lot more risk.   He's saying that I'm going to be so great that I will be worth more in two years.  Injuries happen...  but he's taking on that risk instead of the club and wants to get compensated for it.

A lot of players will take the guaranteed money and run.  Mbappe is putting himself on the line.   I think it shows that he will be motivated and working hard to be better no matter what.

What risk is he taking, precisely? His contract renewal with PSG was worth 430 million or something.

A lot of players take guaranteed money because not everyone gets a 100m sign-on bonus from the Qatari royals

He's making 6 million a month in wages.  So for 2 years, it's 144 million.  There's another 180 million which is spread over each year he stays at the club on his 3-year contract.  So he's earned 120 million of that.

By not exercising his 3rd year, he's walking away from 72 million in wages and a 60 million bonus.  The club has offered him another 2 years with a 20% increase on both wages and bonus... and he refused.

He will get none of that anywhere else.  If money was the driver, he would extend right now.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sat Jun 17, 2023 10:02 pm

If I follow the salary amounts, it sounds like he is getting 72M per season and therefore he is expecting a salary bidding battle starting at 75M per season!

I say that puts Madrid out of that bidding war and only oil state nations teams (PSG, Newcastle, City and if sale goes through ManU) may be willing to pay that. Interesting Haaland is at 32M. I can see Madrid willing to participate, on a free transfer in the neighborhood of 35M, but no way for an amount double that. Maybe Barca can bring back Bartomeu! He would likely pay that amount!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sun Jun 18, 2023 2:07 pm

For those of you that are like Myesyats, not fully aware of finances, there are two completely different financial budgets to consider when looking at marketplace for top talent.

First there is acquisition costs. Expenditures from this budget are amortized over a number of years and it is net spend in a year to look at capacity. The only clubs that seem to have unlimited capacity in this regard are the oil state ownership clubs plus ManU (who may very well join the oil club in next year) and in the past Chelsea and Barcelona (mainly because Bartomeu never considered budgets and Laporte mortgaged the club on future income). Clubs with limited capacity are RMad, Bayern, Pool, maybe Arsenal and on the odd occasion, an EPL team.

The other budget is salaries in which entire squad salaries (which includes the tax paid by club on behalf of player) must be well below club’s futbol income, allowing for other expenses. To look at clubs who have the capacity to take on huge salaries, you have to look at clubs with the highest income less their current salary load and of course if the clubs follow salary load rules. Bear in mind, not all countries have straight forward salary load rules and some clubs have a way of bypassing what should be sound business practice. I think the only clubs that have capacity to take on a 30+M salary are the oil state nation clubs, a (very) few EPL teams, RMad and Bayern.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Sun Jun 18, 2023 2:32 pm

Why do you always misspell Laporta as Laporte ?
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sun Jun 18, 2023 3:05 pm

Warrior wrote:Why do you always misspell Laporta as Laporte ?

I have difficulties with Catalan!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Sun Jun 18, 2023 3:13 pm

Fair enough, Will !!
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sun Jun 18, 2023 3:41 pm

Warrior wrote:Fair enough, Will !!

Actually i have problems with names in general. I seem to often mistake different posters whose name begin with same letter and recently i was calling Bellingham, Birmingham!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sun Jun 18, 2023 4:38 pm

futbol_bill wrote:For those of you that are like Myesyats, not fully aware of finances, there are two completely different financial budgets to consider when looking at marketplace for top talent.

First there is acquisition costs. Expenditures from this budget are amortized over a number of years and it is net spend in a year to look at capacity. The only clubs that seem to have unlimited capacity in this regard are the oil state ownership clubs plus ManU (who may very well join the oil club in next year) and in the past Chelsea and Barcelona (mainly because Bartomeu never considered budgets and Laporte mortgaged the club on future income). Clubs with limited capacity are RMad, Bayern, Pool, maybe Arsenal and on the odd occasion, an EPL team.

The other budget is salaries in which entire squad salaries (which includes the tax paid by club on behalf of player) must be well below club’s futbol income, allowing for other expenses. To look at clubs who have the capacity to take on huge salaries, you have to look at clubs with the highest income less their current salary load and of course if the clubs follow salary load rules. Bear in mind, not all countries have straight forward salary load rules and some clubs have a way of bypassing what should be sound business practice. I think the only clubs that have capacity to take on a 30+M salary are the oil state nation clubs, a (very) few EPL teams, RMad and Bayern.

Thanks for explaining to us that there are fees, and also salaries. Truly revolutionary stuff.

Sounds like you have more problems than just confusing players’ names.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 25 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 21 ... 25  Next