sportsczy
titosantill
halamadrid2
futbol_bill
Perucho21
27 posters

Page 9 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Real Madrid 21-22 Match Day Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: The Official Real Madrid 21-22 Match Day Thread

Post by Nivash Thu Sep 30, 2021 7:14 am

Clutch wrote:Cant really think of a more embarrassing loss tbh
You've obviously forgotten the drubbing we got against Alcorcon

Nivash
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

The Official Real Madrid 21-22 Match Day Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: The Official Real Madrid 21-22 Match Day Thread

Post by halamadrid2 Sun Oct 03, 2021 2:11 pm

No Casemiro finally
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Oct 03, 2021 4:37 pm

Horrible is an understatement.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Oct 03, 2021 4:42 pm

Militao and Nacho should be playing CB for Mallorca, not Real Madrid.  In fact, the only worthy current defender is Alaba, who is world-class.

Our midfield is also non-existent.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sun Oct 03, 2021 4:58 pm

Welcome to the club guys

Btw Espanyol Barcelona > Regular Barcelona
Myesyats
Myesyats
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Sun Oct 03, 2021 5:41 pm

What kind of idiot Insists on playing Nacho and Vazquez?

we play some no names from castilla and they would still perform better. somebody tell me what are these players doing exactly? they can't defend, they can't attack and they make mistake after mistake.

Ancelotti has lost it i'm afraid. can't wait for the new manager lol.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Oct 03, 2021 5:54 pm

I'd honestly go to a 352 since we have no fullbacks. Then you can actually play a system that fits the current squad.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Sun Oct 03, 2021 6:34 pm

Looks like I didn’t miss much.. how bad was it?

I knew Zidane was papering over the defensive cracks.. he’s always proven right lol. We played like we did for a reason
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Oct 03, 2021 6:37 pm

FennecFox7 wrote:Looks like I didn’t miss much.. how bad was it?

I knew Zidane was papering over the defensive cracks.. he’s always proven right lol. We played like we did for a reason

Two big issues:
-  Defensively really terrible.  They could have scored more and should have.
-  Looked very herky-jerky, as if the players didn't have a clear idea of what they were supposed to do.

But we did look very good offensively before the past 3 games. It comes down to Vini or someone else, frankly. We need another attacking player to play at a WC level. Vini has dropped off and nobody else is there.

Benzema doing his usual thing. Modric was off today frankly. These two, and Vini, have been our best players by far.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Mon Oct 04, 2021 12:12 am

I really think jovic should be given a chance. I would want to see how we do with 2 strikers. Whoever we play on the right never has a truly outstanding game, I would be inclined to try it. Or the 4231 with asensio as the 10. I don’t understand Carlo. He plays asensio at 10, he is MOTM. Moves him back to the wing, plays like dogshit
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Mon Oct 04, 2021 12:57 am

as per asensio (in follow up to fennec's comments), after the mallorca game, carlo played him in the same role against villareal and he was anonymous. so carlo's thought process was probably maybe asensio played like a beast cos mallorca's crap, and then put him back on the flank...just my guess

titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Mon Oct 04, 2021 8:52 am

Carlo should make his mind about some players. you can't still be testing your players in the middle of the season.

in my opinion Isco and Hazard should play more. yes they are fat and out of shape but still they use their brains while playing football.

Likes of Nacho, Vazquez and Asensio are there because they are spanish. they offer nothing in the game.

I like to see Benzema and Jovic start with Hazard behind them. Jovic could really help Benzema. although for this attacking trio to work we need two fullbacks who constantly overlap and help the attack.

we will improve massively if Carvajal and Mendy return. but that's a big IF knowing their history of injuries. also Carlo should test Rodrygo at LW. i think he can do very well there.

I'm a bit worried about Valverde too. he has not been himself for a few games maybe he needs a rest.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyborg Tue Oct 05, 2021 4:51 pm

Alaba needs to be a permanent centre back. Alaba can actually organize a defense.

Just play Miguel at left back. Let him learn. Prefer him playing and having a mistake than 31 year old Nacho.

Modric and Kroos can't start together. Been saying this for the last two seasons.

Valverde is to good to be wasted out wide. Leave him in the centre.

The squad is good enough to be better than what it's been.
Cyborg
Cyborg
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Perucho21 Tue Oct 05, 2021 10:26 pm

Our south american starters bar Vinicius are going to have a very tough time until the christmas break, Not only are they starting every match with Madrid they are starting every match for their NT (Militao, Casemiro, Fede) and CONMEBOL are doing 3 matches at each international break.

Its no secret as to why Fede, Casemiro and Militao have had a drop in form in comparison to last season
Perucho21
Perucho21
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:58 pm

Good half. Need to see more from the front 3 though. The midfield and defence has done really well
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:04 pm

Rodrygo is doing great tbh.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:08 pm

Great second half

Tibo got his clean sheet too.
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Perucho21 Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:09 am

Great bounce back and just in time for clasico. Our left side is on lock now that mendy is back there. The right is still an issue.

Benz just continuing to prove how valuable he is to the squad. Had a hand in all of our guys. Vini and Rodrygo stepped up today, so I hope for consistency.

KCM was good this game, I'll give them credit.
Perucho21
Perucho21
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:35 am

Wonder how we will start against Barca

It's hard to change anyone after this game. Rodrygo >>>Asensio and Valverde should be starting but after this vintage Luka performance we might want to keep the midfield the same.
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Wed Oct 20, 2021 3:23 pm

i'd keep the same 11 tbh. this isnt barca with messi or barca of old, so no need for carlo to overthink this
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:50 am

I am still not sure about this midfield 3. Think they still need Valverde in there to offer something different. They are all good at what they do but faaar too slow for the modern game. Modric would be the one I'd sacrifice for Valverde
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:26 pm

Valverde instead of Modric reduces our creativity in midfield. to replace Modric we need a player like Pogba or KDB. it's not easy to replace him.

Mendy and Kroos returning and Casemiro finding form ( knock on wood ) is huuuuuuge for us.
the right wing area has always been our weak point going forward. i hope Rodrygo keeps improving and earns his starting place there.

Alba is out for Barca which is good news considering he is their most dangerous attacker lol.

i'd start the same line up that played against shaktar. bring on Valverde around 65th minute for Modric.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:03 am

With Modric we could also get run over like we were against Chelsea for example last season. We need Valverde's speed, stamina and directness for the modern game. Pogba and KDB would also be step downs. I'd rather we pair Valverde with Kroos and Casemiro as that midfield is more balanced
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Fri Oct 22, 2021 11:49 am

lol KDB and Pogba are not step downs. if used in right position they are fantastic.

With valverde you get what you said but the game is not all about that. Modric's ability to control and keep the ball under pressure and find the right player to pass is key in our midfield. Chelsea destroying us last year had to do with many factors not only Modric.

although i agree he can't keep up with intensity in midfield ( against better sides ) so we have to pick which games and when to play him.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:07 pm

Oh yes they are. Pogba can't even get in ahead of Fred and McTominay these days in what is supposed to be him in his prime.

Of course Modric is awesome, it wasn't a slump that he won the Balon d'or. But Modric jist doesn't have the legs anymore to keep up. No matter how good you are on the ball if you can't keep up with the modern game it ends up being detrimental to your team.

It wasn't only against Chelsea a game which I am ashamed of watching again but also against Villarreal and many other teams.

I agree that we have to pick specific games to play him but at this point Valverde needs to be mainstay in our midfield. We have never lost the midfield battle with Valverde in there so it's not like we become significantly worse

Anyways Barca's midfield is slower than ours so playing Modric might be a good idea but I still want Valverde in there for added comfort
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:13 am

Pogba isn't playing because Ole is a noob and that team is built awfully.

You have Pogba, Sancho and Bruno all needing more leeway to move around and you cannot play 2 of them because you don't have a proper DM. Both Fred and McTominay suck... so you need to actually play both Fred and McTominay at the same time to get proper ball recovery... which sacrifices 2 of Pogba, Sancho and Bruno.

Maguire and Wissaka have both been mostly horrible this season too... so you can't really cheat defensively.

That's why.

He's the best player for France NT period. Even in the Euro, he was incredible. Benzema has been great too... but France don't function at all without Pogba. It helps that there are players like Kante and Tchouameni to cover the defensive side + Griezmann defends too.

Just a badly built team at Man U.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24 ... 40  Next