sportsczy
titosantill
halamadrid2
futbol_bill
Perucho21
27 posters

Page 8 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Real Madrid 21-22 Match Day Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: The Official Real Madrid 21-22 Match Day Thread

Post by Perucho21 Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:36 pm

Our RB needs to be situtated next summer. If Carvajal is going to keep getting injured then its time to start shopping. Problem is i dont see much options if at all.

Perucho21
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

The Official Real Madrid 21-22 Match Day Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: The Official Real Madrid 21-22 Match Day Thread

Post by futbol_bill Sun Sep 26, 2021 1:06 pm

I have to react to all this negativity especially from Mamas. We went into this season with zero expectations. No chance at all in CL and way behind Atleti in terms of liga and copa. With a coach who only plus vets with almost zero rotations .  defense very suspect, offence dependent on off injured, under performing Bale and Hazard!

Keep that in mind and look we’re we now are! And Doc says there were no naysayers! Go back and look at preseason threads!

One game were their defense was fantastic does not define this season. I agree with the comments about laterals but not the rest. One item worth mentioning is we have no threat on corners nor crosses since Ramos left. This is an issue going forward as is the laterals. Rest of our game is much better than average and certainly much better than preseason predictions.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:22 pm

tbh, i dont think we went in with no expectations. CL is the tough one, but the moment messi left barca , la liga and copa was open for the taking imo. messi's barca exit changed everything for me. i'm not that mad at this draw, if this was 2, 3 years ago, definitely. but with the way the league is now, i dont see any of our rivals hitting anywhere close to 90 points. that's 30 wins from a possible 38 games, for our non math inclined people

therefore, there will be some experimental draws, some dropped points here and there. the season is still super early, we havent even played ten games, we are top of the table, atleti is inconsistent, teams arent scared of barca (and they're still playing pique and busquets), villareal, sociedad, those guys aint gonna compete for the league.

basically compared to say from 2008 to say 2019, a draw is no longer like a loss....plus there's still loads and loads of football to play, and i believe we are trending in the right direction so far, until the summer when we can spend
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:48 pm

Yeah... i mean if Barca was with Messi, no expectations. But given the shambles of all the team and Atleti's propensity to choke, I expect us to compete. Our squad is actually better than everyone IMO.

No free pass.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Perucho21 Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:35 pm

I don't think drawing Villarreal is a negative, but the team selection was. If you want to experiment a certain lineup like Fede at RB and Asension playing CM or whatvever, Villarreal isn't the team to do it against. They were severely underrated by our fanbase in other social media sites. This wasn't mallorca at all.
Perucho21
Perucho21
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Mon Sep 27, 2021 1:15 am

Carlo should play hazard more. i don't know what exactly is the reason behind benching him considering he is showing some improvements.

Hazard at 60% is still better than Asensio or Rodrygo. and if he needs minutes to get back to his best right now is the time.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:48 am

Excruciating to watch especially the first half. Villarreal had their way with us. So many terrible choices. Nacho still playing LB, Valverde RB and Asensio at CM, absolutely mindboggling.

I respect Modric's hardwork but man he is done at the toughest level. Villarreal were running rings round our midfield. No more MKC por favor, they just don't have the legs anymore. Valverde, Camavinga plus one of MCK, is the way forward.

Our pressing was also very poor executed, though that doesn't surprise me when we have this semi dynamic midfield playing together

Carlo lost us the chance to go 5 points top. Oh well, I'd rather he makes the mistake now than later
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:08 pm

Modric is great. It's a problem though when he's the most athletic and lively one in the midfield lol. That's never going to work. At this point in his career, he needs athletic support around him as opposed to the other way around.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyborg Mon Sep 27, 2021 5:36 pm

When Kroos comes back. I can see Casemiro on the bench.

Kroos with two workers around him will be perfect.
Camavinga Kroos Valverde

Casemiro has been noticably poor.
Cyborg
Cyborg
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Sep 27, 2021 5:46 pm

What is it with Brazilians always showing up late for the season and never in good form. I've noticed it almost everywhere.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyborg Tue Sep 28, 2021 12:11 am

sportsczy wrote:What is it with Brazilians always showing up late for the season and never in good form. I've noticed it almost everywhere.

Vinicius begs to differ
Cyborg
Cyborg
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Sep 28, 2021 1:20 am

Cyborg wrote:
sportsczy wrote:What is it with Brazilians always showing up late for the season and never in good form. I've noticed it almost everywhere.

Vinicius begs to differ

He's 19. Give it time.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:25 am

Casemiro can't play like this and expect a bench role forget a starting role. Nacho at LB is worse than Miguel.

Villarreal took advantage of the less ball skilled players , especially Nacho and Casemiro and made it difficult for rht the forwards by playing deep line and often double teamigng on them.

The only way to break down such a defence is by team attack which unfortunately was not possible due to certain personel
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:04 pm

Camavinga and Valverde starting in midfield and Miguel at LB. Me like
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Perucho21 Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:46 pm

One of the greatest losses I had the pleasure of witnessing
Perucho21
Perucho21
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:50 pm

we have no defence it's laughable. every i mean every team can create chance after chance against us. don't have any expectations this season. none.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Sep 28, 2021 10:07 pm

lol. glad i missed this one.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Tue Sep 28, 2021 10:14 pm

Old Vini is creeping back. He needs to be benched the next game and see his doctor again.
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Tue Sep 28, 2021 10:17 pm

Well that was embarrassing...
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Tue Sep 28, 2021 10:18 pm

LeVersacci wrote:Old Vini is creeping back. He needs to be benched the next game and see his doctor again.

Old Vini never left lol. some deflected goals and people acted like he is Thierry Henry.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Wed Sep 29, 2021 2:19 pm

I missed it as well. Sign of these times; only 2 Spaniards played in this game, one of them from Castilla. Don’t think I have ever seen that!

I don’t think the loss is any big deal, hopefully serves as a wake up call.

Is it just me that finds Mamad posts extremely negative!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Sep 29, 2021 6:51 pm

sportsczy wrote:lol. glad i missed this one.
futbol_bill wrote:I missed it as well.

Not a problem, I can fill you in:

You lost at home against a team called "Sheriff" from Transnistria
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Wed Sep 29, 2021 7:20 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:
sportsczy wrote:lol. glad i missed this one.
futbol_bill wrote:I missed it as well.

Not a problem, I can fill you in:

You lost at home against a team called "Sheriff" from Transnistria

Laughing
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu Sep 30, 2021 2:12 am

So...

I know it's absolutely meme worthy stuff but we did lose to Shaktar home and away so losing to Sheriff was not even remotely surprising.

To be fair, they really did earn that win. What's absolutely sad is that Hazard could not even impress against them. The man is really a genuine flop of a transfer.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Clutch Thu Sep 30, 2021 4:18 am

Cant really think of a more embarrassing loss tbh

Clutch
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Nivash Thu Sep 30, 2021 7:14 am

Clutch wrote:Cant really think of a more embarrassing loss tbh
You've obviously forgotten the drubbing we got against Alcorcon

Nivash
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next