sportsczy
titosantill
halamadrid2
futbol_bill
Perucho21
27 posters

Page 24 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Real Madrid 21-22 Match Day Thread - Page 24 Empty Re: The Official Real Madrid 21-22 Match Day Thread

Post by Doc Fri Mar 25, 2022 1:26 am

sportsczy wrote:
halamadrid2 wrote:If we judge a manager by how well he does in our B team then Toril would've coached us by now

With Madrid, it's 70% about getting the stars to buy into your philosophy and managing egos.  That's the criteria for me.  In terms of tactics... i dislike philosophical managers because they often lack pragmatism.

I actually mostly agree to this with the only disagreement would be that Madrid managers need to not ignore the tactical side of things.

Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

The Official Real Madrid 21-22 Match Day Thread - Page 24 Empty Re: The Official Real Madrid 21-22 Match Day Thread

Post by Doc Sat Apr 02, 2022 5:35 pm

KCM midfield, sigh, we'll see how this goes today.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Sat Apr 02, 2022 7:54 pm

Yikes... we are bad... really, really bad.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sat Apr 02, 2022 8:11 pm

how did you get 3 penalties in one game??? ffs
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Sat Apr 02, 2022 8:40 pm

We have 6 starters that should be our core. These are Benz, vini, modric, alaba, militao, and thibu (who even then need to be rested here and there). The rest of the team do not deserve to start every game. It’s madness. It’s not even about our bench being this or that. It’s the simple fact that you need to rotate to keep your team fresh.I’m sick of Carlo
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sat Apr 02, 2022 10:12 pm

FennecFox7 wrote:Yikes... we are bad... really, really bad.

To me, it's the KCM combination. I know at a club level, there are politics, player loyalty and straight up nepotism involved when it comes to the starting line up but at this point, men could lose their job (by men, Carlo and his team) if they keep thinking that this combination is competitive.

And of course, under Zidane and now under Carlo, I question what is exactly being coached.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyborg Sat Apr 02, 2022 10:14 pm

FennecFox7 wrote:We have 6 starters that should be our core. These are Benz, vini, modric, alaba, militao, and thibu (who even then need to be rested here and there). The rest of the team do not deserve to start every game. It’s madness. It’s not even about our bench being this or that. It’s the simple fact that you need to rotate to keep your team fresh.I’m sick of Carlo

This post takes me back to Ancelotti's first spell.

This was the exact complaint by most, if not all supporters.

Poor squad rotation. Only using the oldgaurd.

Why isn't Valverde and Camavinga starting.

The midfield is so slow now. No matter how good they are individually, they can't play together.
Cyborg
Cyborg
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Apr 02, 2022 10:37 pm

Doc wrote:
FennecFox7 wrote:Yikes... we are bad... really, really bad.

To me, it's the KCM combination. I know at a club level, there are politics, player loyalty and straight up nepotism involved when it comes to the starting line up but at this point, men could lose their job (by men, Carlo and his team) if they keep thinking that this combination is competitive.

And of course, under Zidane and now under Carlo, I question what is exactly being coached.

We're actually very organized under both. Just like France is very organized with Deschamps... it's typical Serie A tactics. Defense first. The issue is that the right side of our team, both defense and attack, is now absolutely horrible. Makes our team very unbalanced. That's the cause of the problems imo. Of course, when Mendy is hurt, we suck on the left side defensively too. Not to mention Vini has tailed off and doesn't defend.

In short, we have a problem with our corridors. Not sure why we gave up on Theo Harnandez and Ashraf Hakimi frankly. This I blame on Zidane. These two should be our starting fullbacks right now. We'd concede 100 more goals... but we'd score 200 more lol.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sat Apr 02, 2022 10:43 pm

Theo and Achraf got the Cambiasso treatment, shame really, both would have been great now especially Achraf.

Also, fair enough Sports, however, Serie A teams don't actually play like how we played so whatever is being coached is not exactly translating well enough.

Of course, I say this watching my beloved side sitting pretty on top so...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Apr 03, 2022 2:35 am

We were with Zidane... Carlo, maybe not. But the fact that our fullbacks and right wing are utter shit other than Mendy at LB makes me less critical of Carlo.

What I don't like is the lack of rotation at positions where we actually have depth. Midifield is our deepest area.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun Apr 03, 2022 9:42 am

Did you just say apart from Mendy Laughing he's probably the biggest handicap to Vinis game. Even Nacho attacks better. Oh and people overrate his defensive contribution aloooot, it's because it's constantly compared to Marcelo's. Mendy was atrocious against QSG, the worst of our backline by faaaar. And this is a guy that plays with a LW that actually defends, winning balls by our penalty box alot, imagine how he'd defend with a winger that doesn't defend.

Remember when he played as a WB against Chelsea we didn't just get evicerated we created zilch from his side because he's so terrible in attack

Dani's injuries have taken a toll on him, he's terrible defensively now and loses the ball alot in attack but this is a guy that has played RB+RW for as long as i can remember. I'd be willing to give him another season to see what he does with a proper WC player on the right.

Achraf was not the answer but he certainly would've helped as back up to push Dani into not being complacent

Theo would start for us now in current form because having Mendy on the left is useless but we have spent nearly 50ME on him (thank you Zidane Rolling Eyes )

Discussing KCM is like beating a dead horse. Unless they themselves step back nobody is going to bench them. Carlo would probably be that guy who criticises Perez for sacking him when he trots out with this washed up midfield combination week in week out despite now being provided with 2 other midfielders that should be phased in/sure starters.

But he's about to win the league. If we get a CDM I'd like to see what he does next season before wanting him gone

People mighr not talk about it much because he tries to mimic Ramos but Alaba is a reason for a lot of goals we concede. Militao on the othrr hand is an absolute beast but he's unlucky he has Dani in this current form next to him and Alaba who makes a plethora of defensive mistakes

Next season is a make or break for alot of players. We are this off season focusing on attackers and a midfielder but this defence needs addressing. I'd get a CB and move Alaba to LB and I'd get a RB to either push Dani to play like he's done in previous seasons or displace him in the line up

Carlo still has time to rectify alot of mistakes that he's making against Chelsea in a few days. I'd be very very surprised if he played this line up against them. Valverde is likely played but i don't know for whom. He seems to be targeting Kroos alot but Casemiro and Modric are just as replaceable right now

Chelsea are very physical, Modric, Rodrygo and Kroos are not physical enough. I'd play Bale honestly who would probably want to look good in front of the premfaces to gain abit of sympathy. Anyone with 2 legs is better than Asensio thats for aure
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Apr 03, 2022 2:21 pm

Dude.... Mendy is likely the best defense LB in the world.  Only reason that Vini can just stay in the attack and barely defend is Mendy.  When he's not there... a game like Barca happens.

Why doesn't he get called up for France.  Very simple.  The system is a 352 with wingbacks.  Mendy cannot play wingback.  Frankly, I think Pavard is in danger too because he can't play the role either.  They have Coman and Theo Hernandez playing the wingback role. Since France defend as a block, it works.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Apr 03, 2022 2:23 pm

The fact that your rate Militao, who has been horrible for 1-2 months, and not Mendy is hilarious btw.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sun Apr 03, 2022 4:14 pm

Hala's disdain for Mendy should be punishable by law imo.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun Apr 03, 2022 4:29 pm

sportsczy wrote:Dude.... Mendy is likely the best defense LB in the world.  Only reason that Vini can just stay in the attack and barely defend is Mendy.  When he's not there... a game like Barca happens.

Why doesn't he get called up for France.  Very simple.  The system is a 352 with wingbacks.  Mendy cannot play wingback.  Frankly, I think Pavard is in danger too because he can't play the role either.  They have Coman and Theo Hernandez playing the wingback role. Since France defend as a block, it works.

Barely defend Laughing you're a funny guy.

We looked infinitely much better against Barca when Alaba was moved to the left and actually supported Vini instead of being his hindrance

Marcelo came on the other week and put in a better cross than Mendy has in his whole career

With the way we play having Mendy is an achilles heel. Because we can't praise a single attacking quality of his we focus on the little he does well. He is not good enough for this team at all. Maybe as a back up.

Mendy can't even get called up to a NT that has Pavarad as a starter despite starting for RM for 3 straight seasons. Even Dechamps sees how limited this guy is who is a pretty defensive coach

Oh and you have Militao confused with Alaba. Alaba is the one who's had a terrible few along with a few other players. Militao minus a few mistakes here and there has been more than fine. I'lladmit that these two players have been made to look worse by our inability to press as a team and the midfields habit of rolling out the red carpet for anyone that runs at them

Last edited by halamadrid2 on Sun Apr 03, 2022 4:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun Apr 03, 2022 4:34 pm

Doc wrote:Hala's disdain for Mendy should be punishable by law imo.

Never rated him or Varane or Asensio despite the hype early in their careers. I'd swap those yesterday if we bought a quality players in their spot or in one case promoted a guy from our cantera who plays in the same spot.

I'd definitely go back for Theo who still wants to come back and who has improved gigantically since his RM days
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sun Apr 03, 2022 6:49 pm

don’t let it get to you Hala. Remember this is Sports! The guy that boost French players, no matter how well or bad they play. He’s also the guy that supposedly left our club! We can tell from during game comments that most GL fans do not watch most games, likely only watching highlights.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Perucho21 Sun Apr 03, 2022 7:04 pm

So many disagreements here

For one mendy is not a problem. I'd take him over Nacho and Marcelo any day of the week. Blaming Vinis shortcomings on Mendy is hilarious. Vini has himself to blame for his poor form since January. As I pointed out he's not good enough on his own. Once mbappe arrives on the left, you'll see just how effective that left side of Mendy Mbappe and Benz can be. We don't need a new LB. We need a consistent attacker and top player on the LW. Sorry guys but Vini just isn't that player.

Disagree again with Militao other than the clasico he's been doing fine. Alaba is being exposed big time by tall CFs. The celta game proved it again.

KCM is and has been finished for a year now. Fede came back from 2 MOTM performances over the int. Break. The guy was literally everywhere stopping and creating attacks, yet our clubs leaders (Carlo and Perez) continously insist on KCM. They start vs Chelsea and Kante will eat them alive. There should be 0 reason for Fede NOT to be a starter right now. Bench Toni backpass Kroos and use Fede ffs. Doesn't take a damn genius to figure it out.

Oh and Asensio is about to sign a new deal. Thanks Perez. His continuous reliance on his golden boys will only screw us in the future.
Perucho21
Perucho21
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Apr 03, 2022 8:22 pm

Watching the derby dItalia I wonder, why don't you sign Dybala on a free? Would fit in nicely with Mbappe and Haaland?
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun Apr 03, 2022 8:25 pm

@Perucho, We are talking about a guy who has 9 assists in his whole career and based on his RM career probably as many successful crosses. What's he supposed to help out with? Laughable to think he'd do better with anyone else. Its not Mendy that needs a new partner it's Vini who needs one. Imagine if Vini had prime Marcelo behind him...... he's already scored 14 goals at the age of 21 with a guy who plays against him behind him. I am not too worried, this is a successful season even if he goes the whole remainder of the season without scoring. He'll only get better
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Apr 03, 2022 8:37 pm

A fullback's primary responsibility is to defend.
A wingback's primary responsibility is to attack.

You know the difference I assume.

Not to mention that Kroos is too slow and lacks athleticism... so you can't have the fullback bomb and leave Kroos to defend that side alone.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Sun Apr 03, 2022 10:23 pm

Sports, you know as well as I do that modern fullbacks have to attack just as much. Vini got 6 fouls yesterday covering for mendy who was useless and doing his best Luke Shaw impression yesterday. He worked his ass off in defense, he was near our own corner flag defending!

Yes, useless, he’s (mendy) not even defending properly anymore. This is what happens when you don’t have competition for your spot.

The solution to our issues is simple. Bench Casemiro and Kroos and bring in stiff competition at RW, while strengthening the fullback position. Militao is playing wonderfully considering he has grandpas playing in front of him. Are you watching the games my man? It definitely is alaba making the mistakes.. who SHOULD be playing left back which would instantly solve our issues on the left hand side. The one attack alaba did was better then all the other attacks mendy launched for 90 minutes lol
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Sun Apr 03, 2022 10:25 pm

Kroos is just a massive, massive liability right now man. He’s so slow on the turn and with the ball his only choice is to pass backwards. There was a moment in the game where we were about to break on the left hand side, and instead of switching the play (the obvious move) he passes it back to mendy.. who’s already under tons of pressure lol
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Apr 06, 2022 5:41 pm

Lol line up already out.

The Official Real Madrid 21-22 Match Day Thread - Page 24 FPrKqBpWQAc3I8m?format=jpg&name=900x900
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Apr 06, 2022 5:43 pm

Carlo copying ZZ by playing Valverde on the right. Only now, KCM are 2/3 years older.

So, can't way to be dominated all game. Hoping for a Tibu masterclasses because we are going to need it
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Wed Apr 06, 2022 6:26 pm

KCM again :facepalm:

I just hope this time, in case his plans goes south, he doesn't wait until the 87th min to change his tactics.

And more importantly, I hope he gives guys like Cama and Hazard a go. The latter can surely offer more than Asensio. Especially at The Bridge, he would be extra motivated.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next