farfan
Robespierre
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Casciavit
Perucho21
21 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Messi has officially solidified his status as the greatest  - Page 3 Empty Re: Messi has officially solidified his status as the greatest

Post by Kebab Tue Jul 13, 2021 7:28 am

Top 30 performances in major national tournaments
Messi has officially solidified his status as the greatest  - Page 3 Fb_img10

Kebab
Cant go to the last pages in mobile version. There is no page numbers

Back to top Go down

Messi has officially solidified his status as the greatest  - Page 3 Empty Re: Messi has officially solidified his status as the greatest

Post by VivaStPauli Tue Jul 13, 2021 9:16 am

FennecFox7 wrote:Ronaldo is a much better overall player to Gerd Muller. There’s no comparison there. I cannot believe you just compared them. Messi as a goal scorer is much more prolific then Maradona.

I have more to speak on the matter, but I’m tired. But Pele, Cruyff, Messi, Maradona, and CR7 are all on a similar level with different strengths and weaknesses

May the fury of Thor strike you down! Of course Gerd Müller kicks Ronaldos ass, watch some 70s football. Do it now!
Though it was probably just because you were tired. Sleep-typing, I bet.
But if not.
Fury of Thor, mate.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Tue Jul 13, 2021 9:17 am

BTW player of the tournament is a pure popularity contest and says almost nothing. They chose Podolski ahead of Messi and Ronaldo in 2006, and TBH when Messi got the honors in 2014, it really should've been Mascherano.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Tue Jul 13, 2021 9:18 am

On topic, though: Good on Messi for winning something with the NT, he's an incredible player and so far it's been a travesty that he hasn't won anything yet with Argentina, especially since the kid loves the NT and gives his all for the country.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:43 am

VivaStPauli wrote:BTW player of the tournament is a pure popularity contest and says almost nothing. They chose Podolski ahead of Messi and Ronaldo in 2006, and TBH when Messi got the honors in 2014, it really should've been Mascherano.

absolute bullshit lol
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:51 am

El Gunner wrote:
VivaStPauli wrote:BTW player of the tournament is a pure popularity contest and says almost nothing. They chose Podolski ahead of Messi and Ronaldo in 2006, and TBH when Messi got the honors in 2014, it really should've been Mascherano.

absolute bullshit lol
Yeah, if it was popularity contest Cronaldo would've gotten one by now. Awful take.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Tue Jul 13, 2021 4:36 pm

Kebab wrote:Top 30 performances in major national tournaments
Messi has officially solidified his status as the greatest  - Page 3 Fb_img10

Top 30 goalscorers in the world cup.

Messi has officially solidified his status as the greatest  - Page 3 34WCknC

hmm
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Tue Jul 13, 2021 8:18 pm

Superstone Mariomintsch wrote:
FennecFox7 wrote:I find it funny how you excuse messis shortcomings and saying “it’s normal, no ones perfect” then bash every single player for the same exact thing.

Also, the level of football maradona had to play against was very high. Serie A was the best league in the world at the time.. and defenders were butchers and got away with murder.

It was even worse with Pele. Yes, he had more space to work with, but that doesn’t really mean shit when he was getting two footed tackled with long metal studs on almost every single play.

I agreed with this, this is the basis of my post

FennecFox7 wrote:Ronaldo is a much better overall player to Gerd Muller. There’s no comparison there. I cannot believe you just compared them. Messi as a goal scorer is much more prolific then Maradona.

I have more to speak on the matter, but I’m tired. But Pele, Cruyff, Messi, Maradona, and CR7 are all on a similar level with different strengths and weaknesses

That's what I mean. But for the 1st paragraph, why did you seemed to take it quite personally? Laughing I'm merely giving example of the goal statistic comparison between era, it's more towards referee's propensity to award the penalty. I'm not putting Gerd Muller in the GOAT conversation. Yes Messi is much more prolific, that's his strength.

This was not aimed at you; it was aimed at kebab. On the large I agree with your post overall.

@viva, gerd muller was a better player then simply a poacher, but personally feel like Ronaldo has more to his overall game. His touch, technique, and hold up play are actually very underrated. He played a quasi target man role for Portugal this tournament and I don’t think people realize how difficult it is to play with 2 center backs on your back, versus having space in the midfield to think and execute.

I think CR would be an even better player if he upped his aggression a tiny bit at this late stage of his career and focused on being a CF. He can do it when he wants. Clearly, while he is a good winger, I feel he brings more to the table as a 9, but the question is will his ego let him.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Tue Jul 13, 2021 8:35 pm

Beautiful Football wrote:Messi is the First player in major international tournament history to be:

Tournament champion
Player of the Tournament
Top scorer
Top assister
And He is 34 years old.
Only Reason he didn't do Much in final because he was playing with injury.
He was involved 75% of Argentinas Goals. Shocked

I wasn't aware that Messi has turned 24. I really don't give a shit who people think is better between the two of them, but I do find it amusing that the arguments that serve as praise for Messi, tend to be ignored or used against CR.

36 years old
Tournament champion, but he was injured and apparently not all that important to the team Razz
Was injured in the final. Shame, shame, shame.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3