VivaStPauli
Lucifer
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Hapless_Hans
Firenze
28 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

EURO 2020 - R16 : England vs Germany - Page 2 Empty Re: EURO 2020 - R16 : England vs Germany

Post by Babun Fri Jun 25, 2021 9:23 am

Myesyats wrote:
Jesp wrote:
BarcaLearning wrote:If England cant beat this Germany today with so many good players vs a comparatively weak Germany team in a state of I dont what to call it not that great of a team, I dont know if they ever will Razz Of course by the showing so far, they probably wont Razz

England is amongst a team rich in talents ... so much so that even bench players are crazy good ... lol if they dont take advantage now as u said it would be one of those times

England rich in talent blah blah blah but we all know which league is superior and obviously the bundesliga warriors will walk over premfrauds.

Most goals in the tournament were scored by Serie A (25) and Bundesliga (21) players :coffee:
 EURO 2020 - R16 : England vs Germany - Page 2 5ehdui

Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

EURO 2020 - R16 : England vs Germany - Page 2 Empty Re: EURO 2020 - R16 : England vs Germany

Post by Myesyats Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:08 am

It is obvious to me but GL is not ready for a truth bomb of this magnitude bc football is #cominghome etc
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Fri Jun 25, 2021 3:05 pm

Something tells me Germany gonna take this one. Only cause Havertz is actually showing up and Im just getting a gut feeling he's gonna be the reason behind the result.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri Jun 25, 2021 3:11 pm

Ultimate banter will be if Werner comes on and scored.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Fri Jun 25, 2021 5:24 pm

TBH I think England will win this, really do, unless they think too hard about 'history'...

But serious question: does anyone really think they have the better individual players? I mean I get Löw has ruined us and we lack a proper #9, but how is our squad not at least equally strong, at least on paper?
I know media bias etc etc,  but this time it's not like you need to know the Bundesliga to see our players. I don't get it. I don't follow English media enough to really know myself atm.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Fri Jun 25, 2021 5:52 pm

Viva is such a defeatist when it comes to Löw's Germany.

Bruder relax England is trash. Not their talent but their thoroughly average manager.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Superstone Mariomintsch Fri Jun 25, 2021 6:36 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:TBH I think England will win this, really do, unless they think too hard about 'history'...

But serious question: does anyone really think they have the better individual players? I mean I get Löw has ruined us and we lack a proper #9, but how is our squad not at least equally strong, at least on paper?
I know media bias etc etc,  but this time it's not like you need to know the Bundesliga to see our players. I don't get it. I don't follow English media enough to really know myself atm.

England have better CB, better RB (Kimmich is one of the best midfielder), and plenty of talents in the attacking midfielder/winger positions. Also there are some German players who were not as good as they used to, like Sané who currently sucks, Hummels who's old and slow, and Werner who forgot how to shoot. Of course, Werner could very well score last minute winner.

Overall Germany have better midfield (perhaps one of the best?) certainly with the ball, but this midfield is also quite weak in defensive transition. Whereas England have the opposite, midfield good in breaking up play and covering the defense, but not so good in chance creation. So far the group stage has shown that they're very hard to break and that could be key in them winning the game. Perhaps playing 5 at the back to nullify Germany's thread from the sides would fare better than playing an open game with 4 defenders
Superstone Mariomintsch
Superstone Mariomintsch
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Dortmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Jun 25, 2021 7:13 pm

Lads, it's England
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Fri Jun 25, 2021 7:18 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:Lads, it's England

That's what He said.

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sat Jun 26, 2021 12:10 pm

That's for the best, I think. Laughing Nobody should take what our media says seriously.

The general feeling here is, we've got an exciting group of young players, many of whom played key roles in the Champions League, and we think we can do something if the stars align. It's one of the rare times where people have been mostly content with the squad.

But, nobody but the trashiest of media thinks this makes us better than Germany. Most people I've spoken to know it's a hard game. Germany have great players who are known quantities in England (because even if you don't watch the Bundesliga, most people have seen Bayern play one time or another), and tonnes more experience at this level.

I think what most people outside of England struggle to get, is that the culture surrounding the team is fuelled by deprivation of quality (both players and management) and success. The moment it seems we've got a good team, there's hope we'll finally do something. But once the team fail, it's butchering time. Look at the how the team was booed off vs Scotland and then compare it to the slightly more optimistic mood after the game vs Czech Republic.

Media loves these extreme mood swings. Saka has a good game against the Czechs and suddenly I've seen five puff pieces naming him the breakout start of the tournament. Kane has a few bad games and now he needs to be dropped. And then you get the trash papers using the opportunity to push nationalistic agendas.

And all that perceived arrogance around the team is mostly just fake confidence. The foundations of the team are actually incredibly fragile.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Superstone Mariomintsch Sat Jun 26, 2021 12:36 pm

Jay29 wrote:

That's for the best, I think. Laughing Nobody should take what our media says seriously.

The general feeling here is, we've got an exciting group of young players, many of whom played key roles in the Champions League, and we think we can do something if the stars align. It's one of the rare times where people have been mostly content with the squad.

But, nobody but the trashiest of media thinks this makes us better than Germany. Most people I've spoken to know it's a hard game. Germany have great players who are known quantities in England (because even if you don't watch the Bundesliga, most people have seen Bayern play one time or another), and tonnes more experience at this level.

I think what most people outside of England struggle to get, is that the culture surrounding the team is fuelled by deprivation of quality (both players and management) and success. The moment it seems we've got a good team, there's hope we'll finally do something. But once the team fail, it's butchering time. Look at the how the team was booed off vs Scotland and then compare it to the slightly more optimistic mood after the game vs Czech Republic.

Media loves these extreme mood swings. Saka has a good game against the Czechs and suddenly I've seen five puff pieces naming him the breakout start of the tournament. Kane has a few bad games and now he needs to be dropped. And then you get the trash papers using the opportunity to push nationalistic agendas.

And all that perceived arrogance around the team is mostly just fake confidence. The foundations of the team are actually incredibly fragile.

Thank you for elaborating the reasoning behind the perceived arrogance of English media and the surrounding mood swings. Yeah the swings were quite extremes just based on two games. A game in which Scotland got really pumped up against neighboring rival and another game in which they're favored to win. Lol about Saka being breakout star of the tournament.

Btw, what is five puff pieces?
Superstone Mariomintsch
Superstone Mariomintsch
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sat Jun 26, 2021 1:02 pm

Articles and editorials that give out excessive praise based on very little.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Superstone Mariomintsch Sat Jun 26, 2021 1:06 pm

Ah I see. The proponents of extreme mood swings
Superstone Mariomintsch
Superstone Mariomintsch
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Sat Jun 26, 2021 1:18 pm

I think it's actually better to just see how players actually play. The media just caters to the more numerous casual fans anyway for the sake of ratings.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 26, 2021 5:02 pm

Babun wrote:
Myesyats wrote:
Jesp wrote:

England is amongst a team rich in talents ... so much so that even bench players are crazy good ... lol if they dont take advantage now as u said it would be one of those times

England rich in talent blah blah blah but we all know which league is superior and obviously the bundesliga warriors will walk over premfrauds.

Most goals in the tournament were scored by Serie A (25) and Bundesliga (21) players :coffee:

we will see if the England's vicious circle continues ... Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 26, 2021 5:12 pm

BarcaLearning wrote:
Jesp wrote:
RealGunner wrote:We are far superior to Germany. Nearly in every position.

Comfortable 0-0 and then going out on pens

lol i died ...

Lol, its inevitable, in England's DNA now...

lol Gareth turning England to Italians ...

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Sun Jun 27, 2021 12:17 pm

Jesp wrote:
Babun wrote:
Myesyats wrote:

we will see if the England's vicious circle continues ... Very Happy

The average English fan is humble and respectful. They know the fixture is going to be hard for both sides. Their media keeps repeating they're goats then simp fans start to believe the narrative at some point.
I respect England as any other team in the Euro 2021. There're no weak teams left, any team could win on their day.
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sun Jun 27, 2021 3:18 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:Lads, it's England

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Tue Jun 29, 2021 12:54 pm

Our line-up tonight apparently:

Pickford; Walker, Maguire, Stones; Trippier, Rice, Phillips, Shaw; Saka, Kane, Sterling

I guess the idea is to match Germany and block their wing-backs while hoping the front three can hurt them on the break.

With that mid though we're only going to be seeing 30-40% of the ball though. Makes me nervous.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Jun 29, 2021 1:04 pm

Not sure Germany the team you want to park the bus against. They dont do this patient keep the ball and try and force our way through with quick combinations in small spaces.

Nope, straight crosses, long shots, positional changes leading to midfield runs from Muller and Goretkza.

I dont think negativity and conservative football is being rewarded much in the competition so far, so England will have to defy that if that is indeed the approach.

If Gosens plays, I would have assumed he would go with Walker or even James at WB, physically better than Trippier, more likely to shut him down.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Superstone Mariomintsch Tue Jun 29, 2021 4:06 pm

England (3-4-3): Pickford; Walker, Stones, Maguire; Trippier, Rice, Phillips, Shaw; Saka, Kane Sterling.

Germany (3-4-3): Neuer; Ginter, Hummels, Rudiger; Kimmich, Goretzka, Kroos, Gosens; Havertz, Muller, Werner.

The England line-up is exactly as predicted, with no place for Jack Grealish, Mason Mount or Phil Foden in the starting XI.
Gundogan is injured so is replaced by Goretzka. Gnabry is replaced by Werner
Superstone Mariomintsch
Superstone Mariomintsch
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Tue Jun 29, 2021 4:21 pm

England with the best defensive lineup possible, Germany with the possibly most offensive likeup possible.
Do they really want to win the game, the English? Every single negative team has been punished so far..
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Jun 29, 2021 4:23 pm

I thought they might go Walker right WB and the back 3 of Stones, Maguire and Mings. Walker could shut down Gosens completely, but Trip has the set play delivery they severely lack but is by far the most likely way they score.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Tue Jun 29, 2021 4:31 pm

Our back 3 are very dodgy in that 3-4-3 formation. England has got pacey wingers and Kane to really trouble them. The strategy looks more feasable. Waiting for set pieces is very opporunistic, Southgate isn't playing to England's strengths. Werner and Goretzka's inclusion means more dynamic one touch footy upfront, don't think park the bus is going to hold long.
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Tue Jun 29, 2021 4:42 pm

Expecting a comfortable game for Germany. England isn't great on paper and aren't playing particularly well as a team.

Hope I'm wrong and we get to see a repeat of yesterday's matches.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Tue Jun 29, 2021 5:08 pm

England fans really think a midfield of Rice-Kalvin Philips will win them this tournament Laughing
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next