pUsHa
che
Zealous
VivaStPauli
rwo power
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Germany considers a bid for the Euro 2020 Empty Germany considers a bid for the Euro 2020

Post by rwo power Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:29 pm

As we totally love hosting big football events, the DFB considers applying for the Euro 2020. We only hosted one Euro (1988) before, so the idea is not too far-fetched. ^^ Bids need to be submitted until May 15, 2012.

Source: http://www.transfermarkt.de/de/fussball-em-2020-dfb-denkt-ueber-bewerbung-nach-/news/anzeigen_87632.html
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Germany considers a bid for the Euro 2020 Empty Re: Germany considers a bid for the Euro 2020

Post by VivaStPauli Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:38 pm

TBH after 2006, all football tournaments ever should be hosted in Germany, for eternity.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Germany considers a bid for the Euro 2020 Empty Re: Germany considers a bid for the Euro 2020

Post by Zealous Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:42 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:TBH after 2006, all football tournaments ever should be hosted in Germany, for eternity.

Why stop there just make it all sports.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:42 pm

Just some perks:
- No person is illegal here (gays be gay, women dress like women, etc.)
- Cheap beer
- Good beer
- Great infrastructure
- Low crime rates
- Central location
- Good public transportation
- Almost everyone speaks English, many speak a little French or Spanish
- No home advantage for the hosts while playing Turkey, so it's a bit fairer than hosting anywhere else
- It's really not Qatar, I repeat, it's not Qatar
- Helal food everywhere
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:44 pm

Acid test:

What if you don't want to get exposed to alcohol?

hmm
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by che Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:45 pm

Zealous wrote:Acid test:

hmm

then you're crazy :coffee:
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:48 pm

Don't buy it? There is enough water and non-alcoholic stuff around, too.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:49 pm

hmm

Define "exposed" - you don't want to see it? Then you're screwed, but I'm pretty sure nobody will force you to drink it, or shower you in it.

Except when their team is winning, then you'll definitely be showered in it.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:53 pm

If I meant see I would have wrote see :vagi:

I meant like you know have a bunch of beers shoved in my face either in an attempt to sell it to me or just the tomfoolery of locals/tourists.

Second acid test:

I intend to bring my children to this event so that they my enjoy the sport I love. Can you guarantee that they won't be exposed to things I would not want them to see? hmm
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:55 pm

Zealous wrote:I intend to bring my children to this event so that they my enjoy the sport I love. Can you guarantee that they won't be exposed to things I would not want them to see? hmm
Again depends on your definition for that. There are usually kids around at matches in Germany, and they don't really seem to have problems with that. But mind you, in Germany no one will go ballistic if women show a lot of skin or stuff like that.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:56 pm

I'm not concerned with other German kids :vagi:

I'm concerned for my kids.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:57 pm

Again, it depends on what exactly you don't want them to see.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by pUsHa Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:07 pm

Yes do it Germany :bow:

It's the best place to do it ... :bow:

I dont know anything about German chicks ... but even if they aren't good .... everything else is :bow:
pUsHa
pUsHa
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:14 pm

some of us will be married by then

so no German chicks for us :'(
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:18 pm

Zealous wrote:If I meant see I would have wrote see :vagi:

I meant like you know have a bunch of beers shoved in my face either in an attempt to sell it to me or just the tomfoolery of locals/tourists.

Probably not. First of all, beer is sold from stands, not by wandering beer-salesmen, secondly, Germans really don't do business like that. In fact it's pretty rare that anybody just approaches you and tries to sell you sh*t, Germans are hilariously annoyed by that, so most vendors here don't do it.
They might try to get you to save the whales/rainforest/pandas/palestinians/israelis/random tree in the city of Stuttgart.

Second acid test:

I intend to bring my children to this event so that they my enjoy the sport I love. Can you guarantee that they won't be exposed to things I would not want them to see? hmm

Nobody can guarantee you that, it's a fact of life. If you're concerned about media, in Germany you will see more naked skin than in American media, for example, and a lot less violence. So more boob, less blood. Breast-fed children shouldn't be thoroughly damaged by seeing a lone nipple. :X

In stadiums, the atmosphere is generally not violent at all, some chants might be a bit lewd, but I assume your kids don't speak German, also there are no "sexy half-time shows" or anything, so you'll be fine.

We do have full-frontal nudity in advertisments for margerine and yogurt here, though.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:20 pm

Legend wrote:I dont know anything about German chicks ... but even if they aren't good .... everything else is :bow:

There's pretty, and ugly, women everywhere and Germany is no exception. The average German probably isn't fat, and doesn't dress like an quite affordable prostitute though, so that's a plus. On the other hand, when you see a beautiful, "typically German" looking girl, all blonde, tall and with sophisticated makeup, and a pretty dress, you might try talking to her in Polish, Russian, or Ukrainian, because most German women won't have that much makeup on their face, have brown hair, and wear pants. Razz
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by pUsHa Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:46 pm

Who cares if most of us will be married by then .... gotta bang every nation possible :coffee:

VivaStPauli wrote:

There's pretty, and ugly, women everywhere and Germany is no exception. The average German probably isn't fat, and doesn't dress like an quite affordable prostitute though, so that's a plus. On the other hand, when you see a beautiful, "typically German" looking girl, all blonde, tall and with sophisticated makeup, and a pretty dress, you might try talking to her in Polish, Russian, or Ukrainian, because most German women won't have that much makeup on their face, have brown hair, and wear pants. Razz

Alright thats good Very Happy ... I've seen my fair share of Russian and Ukranian girls though ...
pUsHa
pUsHa
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:50 pm

I just wanted to chime in and say German chicks are the best in the world. DONE.
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:04 am

Saetablanca wrote:I just wanted to chime in and say German chicks are the best in the world. DONE.

Flatterer.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:54 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:
Saetablanca wrote:I just wanted to chime in and say German chicks are the best in the world. DONE.

Flatterer.

No, this is not an attempt to flatter rwo Laughing

RG would get jealous and ban me
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by stunt Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:56 pm

I say Greece host it. Not Germany. They don't need the money.

Last edited by stunt on Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

stunt
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:58 pm

I don't think any international sports event ever has brought profits, it's a prestige thing. I remember quite clearly that 2006 cost Germany a couple dozen million Euros.

And *bleep* Greece, they couldn't even keep the Olympics :vagi:
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by stunt Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:07 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:I don't think any international sports event ever has brought profits, it's a prestige thing. I remember quite clearly that 2006 cost Germany a couple dozen million Euros.

And *bleep* Greece, they couldn't even keep the Olympics :vagi:

Yeah you're right. Hosting an Euro won't save (or doom) Greece. Plus we're still far from 2020 and alot will change till then.

I don't mind Germany hosting it at all. I loved the 06 WC.

stunt
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by I Have Mono Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:01 pm

YES

I could eat Schnitzel for a month in a row.

Only thing I hate about Germany is asking for water and getting Sparkling Water :vagi: Shit is disgusting.

I Have Mono
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:25 pm

I Have Mono wrote:YES
I could eat Schnitzel for a month in a row.
Only thing I hate about Germany is asking for water and getting Sparkling Water :vagi: Shit is disgusting.
Try "Stilles Wasser" Very Happy (Or drink "Leitungswasser")
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next