Mr_Puyol
Raptorgunner
Albiceleste
The Madrid One
50 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Madrid or Barca?

Do You Root For Madrid Or Barca? - Page 4 Vote_lcap63%Do You Root For Madrid Or Barca? - Page 4 Vote_rcap 63% 
[ 45 ]
Do You Root For Madrid Or Barca? - Page 4 Vote_lcap37%Do You Root For Madrid Or Barca? - Page 4 Vote_rcap 37% 
[ 26 ]

Total Votes : 71

Do You Root For Madrid Or Barca? - Page 4 Empty Re: Do You Root For Madrid Or Barca?

Post by Guiltybystander Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:05 pm

Crimson wrote:Looking away from the on-field antics for a second and in terms of the work and countless projects off the field it does, Real Madrid has endeared itself to alot of people all over the world.

As it stands the Real Madrid Foundation is one of the largest charitable organisations in the world (Pretty amazing in itself) and to that end has just been awarded the "Football is More Foundation award".

That is true: Aside from the Galacticos era, Real Madrid has always been a classy and respectable club. And even in buying over-the-hill vedettes we have never tried to rip off clubs. Madrid is classy in handling their transfers, in handling other clubs, their players are always nice and hardly ever engaged in huge scandals. You'll never hear them bash the opponent after the match (some exceptions) The fans are generally respectful towards others.

Madrid indeed does a lot for charitable causes, partially of course for marketing reasons, but I have noticed quite a lot of it stays under the radar. Lots of the players also take part in charity campaigns etc. and spread football over the world. They have never accepted "Dirty money", they don't do business with questionable countries, dictators or oligarchs.

That is why the tide will turn for Barcelona: Unicef makes you sympathetic, but a Qatar Foundation shirt is not for winners.

Guiltybystander
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Do You Root For Madrid Or Barca? - Page 4 Empty Re: Do You Root For Madrid Or Barca?

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:12 pm

Barca doesn't have a lot of fans in this forum because, chances are, we beat your team, too :coffee:
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Seppuku Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:22 pm

Guiltybystander wrote:That is why the tide will turn for Barcelona: Unicef makes you sympathetic, but a Qatar Foundation shirt is not for winners.

There is nothing wrong with Qatar Foundation.

The problem is the whole ordeal of "we don't advertise on our shirts" and then going right around and selling it.

It's all too fake.
Seppuku
Seppuku
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:24 pm

Seppuku wrote:
Guiltybystander wrote:That is why the tide will turn for Barcelona: Unicef makes you sympathetic, but a Qatar Foundation shirt is not for winners.

The problem is the whole ordeal of "we don't advertise on our shirts" and then going right around and selling it.

It's all too fake.
Well we don't claim that anymore, now do we?
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Seppuku Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:29 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Well we don't claim that anymore, now do we?

I dunno but your own legend called the move "vulgar".
Seppuku
Seppuku
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guiltybystander Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:36 pm

Seppuku wrote:

There is quite a lot wrong with the Qatar Foundation, actually. They disguise themselves as a admirable non-profit, but they were the ones responsible for Qatar's clear bribery in their WC 2022 bid and they fund several questionable if not terrorist groups like (allegedly) Hamas. The Qatari government (which extends into the Qatar Foundation) also blatantly violates human rights, endorses slavery etc. They have also paid an excessive amount of money for the deal, which shows this is more a Sheik's toy-money injection than a sound business deal.
Guiltybystander
Guiltybystander
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : wisla krakow

Back to top Go down

Post by Seppuku Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:44 pm

I presume Saudi Arabia also fits in your bigoted category then?

Well then, know this, Saudi Telecom is a major sponsor of Real Madrid.

You fail.
Seppuku
Seppuku
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:52 pm

Generally, I've liked barca and started watchng them on/off in 1989. Loved the dream team. Used to dislike Madrid. These days I hate both teams on and off, Last season I wanted Madrid to win, then after the copa final I wanted Barca to wipe the floor with them. Atm I probably dislike Barc due to the arrogance of the players. I used to find that generaly Barcelona were humble, well, under cruyff I though they were all a bit smug, especally before that final were they got drubbed by Millan.

Before Guardiola all the Barca players just kept their mouths shut, now they all have their own weekly columns. I hope Madrid batters them next season, but some Madrid fans woud probably piss me off and my opinion will change.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Guiltybystander Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:57 pm

Seppuku wrote:I presume Saudi Arabia also fits in your bigoted category then?

You fail.

Saudi Arabia would also be an example of a country I would not wish to support (at least, not the government that is), however Saudi Telecom is a company (and to my understanding without very significant ties to the government) and not some whitewashing propaganda vehicle disguised as charity to better Qatar's reputation in the world. Barcelona is enabling them by doing this. Saudi Telecom is also not our shirt sponsor.

Bwin. is a bit questionable, I'll give you that (not as an organisation, but to have a betting company on your kit..)
Guiltybystander
Guiltybystander
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:58 pm

Seppuku wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:Well we don't claim that anymore, now do we?

I dunno but your own legend called the move "vulgar".

And many of us agree with him Razz
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:05 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Barca doesn't have a lot of fans in this forum because, chances are, we beat your team, too :coffee:

actually last time we beat you Twisted Evil
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:08 pm

You fail.

Saudi Telecom is a 2billion dollar company with 140million+ subscribers in 10 different countries and no ties to any terrorist organisations or any violation to any humanitarian acts.

Also Saudi Telecom is a major contributor to setting up world class health facilities and hospitals all over their country and improving the education system there as well.

They have also contributed heavily into Saudi's sport facilities.

I love how people talk out their ass without a clue in the world.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guiltybystander Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:09 pm

Crimson wrote:

You fail.

Saudi Telecom is a 2billion dollar company with 140million+ subscribers in 10 different countries and no ties to any terrorist organisations or any violation to any humanitarian acts.

Also Saudi Telecom is a major contributor to setting up world class health facilities and hospitals all over their country and improving the education system there as well.

Hear, hear.
Guiltybystander
Guiltybystander
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Seppuku Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:13 pm

This is all a bunch of bull.

Saudi Telecom IS government owned.

And saying it's not "our shirt sponsor" is a straw man argument. It's a major endorser paying alot of cash. End of.

Anyways, if your gonna hate on Barca for having a Qatari sponsor, or Arsenal for having an Emairti sponsor. I am gonna hate on Ajax for being a Zionist pig sty. Simplez.

Seppuku
Seppuku
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:13 pm

Crimson wrote:

You fail.

Thumbs up

Always nice to read your posts. +1
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:18 pm

Seppuku wrote:This is all a bunch of bull.

Saudi Telecom IS government owned.

And saying it's not "our shirt sponsor" is a straw man argument. It's a major endorser paying alot of cash. End of.

Anyways, if your gonna hate on Barca for having a Qatari sponsor, or Arsenal for having an Emairti sponsor. I am gonna hate on Ajax for being a Zionist pig sty. Simplez.

No it's not its actually a publicly listed company, go buy some shares you can be a part owner too :-)

Just because a company is based in a country it does not mean that country therefor owns the company

Back to top Go down

Post by Guiltybystander Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:18 pm

Seppuku wrote:

Please reread that sentence about twenty times and realize how ridiculous you are.

Do you imply I am hating on people in the Middle East? No, I am criticizing enabling governments who are hurting exactly those people in the Middle East. I have problems with supporting all questionable money-sources, for example Abramovich and Chelsea, Khadaffi and AC Milan (or Berlusconi for that matter, but won't get into that).

And the Ajax being a Zionist pig sty thing is first of all completely non sequitur to your earlier point and Ajax has no ties whatsoever with pro-Israel groups. Nor has it ever been suggested by ANYONE EVER that they have.
Guiltybystander
Guiltybystander
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Seppuku Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:19 pm

Crimson wrote:Saudi Telecom is a 2billion dollar company with 140million+ subscribers in 10 different countries and no ties to any terrorist organisations or any violation to any humanitarian acts.

uhh, I think your a bit confused.

I am in favor of Saudi Telecom.
Seppuku
Seppuku
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guiltybystander Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:20 pm

Seppuku wrote:
Crimson wrote:Saudi Telecom is a 2billion dollar company with 140million+ subscribers in 10 different countries and no ties to any terrorist organisations or any violation to any humanitarian acts.

uhh, I think your a bit confused.

I am in favor of Saudi Telecom.

No, he is not confused. He is saying that Qatar foundation =/= Saudi Telecom at all.

Reading comprehension, friend.
Guiltybystander
Guiltybystander
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:20 pm

izzy26 wrote:
windkick wrote:31 to 16 in favor of Madrid

Honestly not surprised at all, given all the swarm of Barca bashing at any given chance that goes on around here

So?

Honest to God, Madrid got it worse on the old vbulletin forums by Cyber and Fever. There were daily threads about Madrids failures in the CL and their spending without success.
And we weren't even successful at that time.

So what? What's your point? I said I wasn't surprised that the poll was lopside and you respond with "so?"

I don't care about what posters put on the old board as it isn't going on anymore.

Also, LOL at Madrid fans thinking they are mighty cause they are sitting there using this poll or barca's success as a means to argue that they don't have a ton of bandwaggoners too. ALL big clubs in the world have them, not just Barca. Madrid has a massive amount of them, just like Man U and Arsenal etc. Who gives a frak, it comes with the territory of having success
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:21 pm

come on, you cant compare a propaganda tool like Qatar Foundation to a succesful international business like Saudi Telecome

lets look at it from a business point of view. What would Qatar foundation gain from its deal with Barca ? probably nothing, so im not sure why they need to pay Barca that money...or does it have to do with guardiola representing the Qatari world cup campaign ? i donno

but on the other hand what is Saudi Telecome gaining ? well, they used several Madrid players in their commercials and thats a sound business approach knowing that the biggest companies in the world use football players as a marketing tool
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:21 pm

Yeah Qatar Foundation is a disgrace......

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:21 pm

omarish wrote:
Immaculate_Mole wrote:
DeviAngel wrote:always liked Madrid more even when madrid had the galacticos ....because they always showed respect to juve and they are close clubs I think ....

Barca I don't hate them or dislike them i don't dislike teams but their recent philosophy of buying any1 thats good wing ( Affelay,Sanchez) just to make the opponent weaker and put them on bench is putting negative things in my eyes and some of Xavi sayings to ...but I support their supporters I mean the real ones

OH MY FREAKING GOD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You do realise that if they did'nt have those 2 players they would have 3 players for 3 positions?

Even Juventus have more depth ffs. Why cant people understand that Barca have little depth upfront and in defence and are one of the smallest squads in europe?

/facepalm.

I think Juve was interested in both but Barca got them and he is disappointed?

tbh I am glad that juve didn't get them .....I want players who want to play for our club with heart and leave the heart on their field ...... thats my opinion thou ...agree with it or dislike it thats that

mole ! Very Happy
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:25 pm

windkick wrote:
izzy26 wrote:
windkick wrote:31 to 16 in favor of Madrid

Honestly not surprised at all, given all the swarm of Barca bashing at any given chance that goes on around here

So?

Honest to God, Madrid got it worse on the old vbulletin forums by Cyber and Fever. There were daily threads about Madrids failures in the CL and their spending without success.
And we weren't even successful at that time.

So what? What's your point? I said I wasn't surprised that the poll was lopside and you respond with "so?"

I don't care about what posters put on the old board as it isn't going on anymore.

Also, LOL at Madrid fans thinking they are mighty cause they are sitting there using this poll or barca's success as a means to argue that they don't have a ton of bandwaggoners too. ALL big clubs in the world have them, not just Barca. Madrid has a massive amount of them, just like Man U and Arsenal etc. Who gives a frak, it comes with the territory of having success
Now who thought that way?
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Seppuku Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:28 pm

Crimson wrote:
Seppuku wrote:

No it's not its actually a publicly listed company, go buy some shares you can be a part owner too :-)

Just because a company is based in a country it does not mean that country therefor owns the company

Saudi Telecom is state owned. State owned companies can allocate a percentage of their shares for public offerings.

"State-owned Saudi Telecom 7010.SE (STC) reported a 11 percent fall in first-quarter net profit due to bonus salaries ordered by King Abdullah, missing analysts' average estimates." (Reuters)

Seppuku
Seppuku
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Senor Penguin Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:29 pm

Crimson wrote:Yeah Qatar Foundation is a disgrace......
What am I reading here? That Barca have ties to a corrupt foundation aside of UEFA? pale

Senor Penguin
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next