Warrior
Art Morte
El Gunner
The Franchise
Great Leader Sprucenuce
18 posters

Page 31 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 31 Empty Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed 30 Jun 2021 - 18:03

The biggest issue with Paul so far is he's slowing down the pace down to a crawl.

They had success in first two games because of the pace of play, there's time for slowing down the pace but this series isn't it.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 31 Empty Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by El Gunner Wed 30 Jun 2021 - 18:05

yea his threes look like heaves more than shots lately. He has actually been getting quite a few open midranges at his favourite spots so far this series, but been bricking most of them. Like i said, he just needs to focus on moving the ball more. Bridges hasn't been getting as many shots as he usually has and it's because of lack of ball movement. Cam Johnson also needs more minutes, guy has been crazy efficient this series.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed 30 Jun 2021 - 18:05

With that said i expect to Phoenix to win 1 of the next two games, i thought the Clippers would win game 5 but i doubt they'll win 3 in a row.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu 1 Jul 2021 - 5:57

well done CP3 tonight, very well done.
Get some rest now, and go get that ring. I fancy them against either team out in the East, even if Young and Giannis come back healthy to play
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu 1 Jul 2021 - 10:57

I kinda like CP3, I like his game and I didnt like how he was treated in Houston. He was great last night.

But I really can do without all the theatrics and falling all over the place.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu 1 Jul 2021 - 12:13

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:The biggest issue with Paul so far is he's slowing down the pace down to a crawl.

They had success in first two games because of the pace of play, there's time for slowing down the pace but this series isn't it.

This was not an issue last night.

Respect to CP, dropping 41 in a elimination game to get to the finals is an all timer level performance.

As a Pelicans fan I'm really happy for him and Monty.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu 1 Jul 2021 - 21:57

El Gunner wrote:
CBarca wrote:This is why Bud needs to go regardless of what happens. He has no control. How can you let your team play like this? Against THIS opposition?
lol give ATL some respect. They've arguably been the hardest playing team since Nate took over in the league. They've definitely been the better team in most stretches so far this series.

It's no disrespect but the Hawks were missing Trae Young and we had Giannis at the time. The hawks are a far weaker team in those circumstances. That's not disrespect at all. I have nothing against Atlanta and they're probably my second favorite team in the entire Eastern Conference.

Won't respond to your Khris shit. You're a pretty agenda driven guy/arguer so it's not really worth.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu 1 Jul 2021 - 22:01

The Franchise wrote:I kinda like CP3, I like his game and I didnt like how he was treated in Houston. He was great last night.

I think that's the main issue isn't it?

Dude is such an amazing player, but he's LeBron level when it comes to theatrics, pettiness, flailing around. CP3 has LeBron beat on being dirty although isn't quite as bad at complaining to the refs
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu 1 Jul 2021 - 22:58

No bullshit, just straight talk @CB
Shouldn't Bucks still be the favourites without Young and Giannis because they got all the all-stars left, and the guy who you swear by is a legit second option?
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu 1 Jul 2021 - 23:31

I think it's pretty even, maybe Atlanta has the edge. Atlanta's roster construction is better than ours because we have 3 max contracts + filler. Atlanta has no max contracts. They have a bunch of very decent players surrounding a player who is currently way above value on his contract (Trae).

I think that Jrue and Khris are the two best players on the court though, but both are inconsistent and you don't know if you're going to get 18 points on 18 shots and 4 turnovers or 30 points on efficient shooting from either.

But Atlanta definitely has the more well rounded roster, absolutely. I mean, Bryn Forbes is a good shooter but he offers nothing else. Portis is a great 6th man but is not a positive on the defensive end. Pat Connaughton is a good rotation player but that's it. Bucks were always very top heavy and the minutes distribution in the postseason is proof of that

I'm completely unsure of what your point is because it seems very agenda driven but these are my thoughts on the quality of the two teams without Giannis and Trae
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Fri 2 Jul 2021 - 2:45

my point is literally what i said, that's all. You're the one that's trying to insert agendas into my opinions and points

i just think it's funny that one day you're like "Khash Moneeeeey" but then as soon Giannis goes down, there's absolutely no faith left in said player. Tells all you need to know about Middleton, I'm glad you admitted it yourself... he is inconsistent, and you don't have enough faith in him. He just isn't that guy.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri 2 Jul 2021 - 5:25

I mean, is that supposed to be a slight on Middleton?

Who the hell would ever say that they think Middleton can be the guy.

He's a good second option, a great teammate and an awesome player. He's been here 8 years. I love the dude more than maybe any Bucks player. But he is what he is.

I'm still confused, because I don't think I ever said that Middleton is a #1 option

Edit: this is exactly what I was trying to avoid. I literally don't know what you're even arguing this entire time. Discussion over.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Fri 2 Jul 2021 - 13:35

Steph Curry > Middleton

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri 2 Jul 2021 - 14:47

Classic Jrue lol, he's always way more aggressive when he has to be.

When Boogie was in New Orleans part of the reason our record wasn't as good we were playing when Boogie went down is because it took Jrue like 20 games to start being aggressive lol.

He's way too nice when he has guys he knows he can rely on.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri 2 Jul 2021 - 17:22

It's kinda ridiculous given his physical gifts and ability in the post up + decent enough handles. How many guards are smaller than Jrue? There is no reason this dude can't take 6 fg attempts/game on post ups and at least 6 more driving to the basket. If he takes 18-20 a game, I'm fine with the other 8 or so being mid-range and 3's

Dude has the body of a bully but the temperament of a guy who gets bullied. Frustrating but I love him. Been calling myself a jruesexual all year
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sun 4 Jul 2021 - 6:29

Bucks in six.

Khris Middleton is a flamethrower

I am a Jruesexual

Giannis get well please

Brook is incredible

This team has mentality issues, IQ issues, etc etc but they are built different from other Bucks teams. They persevered and won against Durant and the nets in 7, withstood Giannis's injury and a gut punch in game one to take 4 of the next 5 games

Wow
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sun 4 Jul 2021 - 12:17

would be funny if Bucks lead the series, Giannis comes back and they end up losing it
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun 4 Jul 2021 - 12:41

El Gunner wrote:would be funny if Bucks lead the series, Giannis comes back and they end up losing it

Would definitely make a big talking point (rightly or wrongly), they just won back-to-back games without Giannis and got their only win against Miami last playoffs when Giannis was injured.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sun 4 Jul 2021 - 17:41

CBarca wrote:Bucks in six.

Khris Middleton is a flamethrower

I am a Jruesexual

Giannis get well please

Brook is incredible

This team has mentality issues, IQ issues, etc etc but they are built different from other Bucks teams. They persevered and won against Durant and the nets in 7, withstood Giannis's injury and a gut punch in game one to take 4 of the next 5 games

Wow

Proud

This sporting year might be epic Laughing
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon 5 Jul 2021 - 11:18

CBarca wrote:
The Franchise wrote:I kinda like CP3, I like his game and I didnt like how he was treated in Houston. He was great last night.

I think that's the main issue isn't it?

Dude is such an amazing player, but he's LeBron level when it comes to theatrics, pettiness, flailing around. CP3 has LeBron beat on being dirty although isn't quite as bad at complaining to the refs

I usually dont care too much about it, for example Embiid does all the same things and im far less bothered by it than most because I just see him as a big kid who dont know much better yet. But CP3 is in his mid 30's, supposedly this all time great point god who if he wins the ring will get all the narratives going that suddenly only Magic is superior to him (laughable) but he's out there flopping and flailing for a reason im not really sure about.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon 5 Jul 2021 - 11:21

Stephen Jackson, who I am starting to dislike tbh, has come out a number of times and now so very strongly, saying Middleton is the best player on the Bucks and this playoff run has proven it. They go as he goes basically.

Thoughts?
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon 5 Jul 2021 - 13:12

big cap
Middleton is their (best) closer that's all. As for what this playoff run as proven for the Bucks... Bud is a weird coach who doesn't see the obvious things that will get the best out of this team, Giannis doesn't have a bag to go to in the clutch, Jrue only shows up when he's in the vibe to show up, Middleton is nice, but he'll always be Middleton, nothing more, nothing less - even @CBarca finally admitted it after years of overhyping.

Of course if they win the Finals, some of these narratives may all swiftly change, context-depended.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Tue 6 Jul 2021 - 0:32

Funny how those TV experts have short-sighted opinions based on what happens in recent past. I don't know Stephen Jackson he must be his channel's designated troll or something. What is the point of implying Giannis is not the best player. Give Middleton his respect and be real.
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue 6 Jul 2021 - 1:37

My thoughts are some retired NBA players need to learn the difference between better player and better closer.

Jackson has been confirmed to be a clown since the Anti Semetic shit anyway.

Middleton has had some great games but he's also had some really shit ones.

Before his injury Giannis was like 35 and 10 since game 2 of Brooklyn series, ludicrous to suggest anybody but him is the best player on the team.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Tue 6 Jul 2021 - 7:38

Giannis is the best overall defender on the team as well as being a high efficient, high volume scorer and facilitator on offense. He's the two time MVP. There is no contest. And Middleton's ability in the clutch and as a closer causes people to overlook Giannis's ability in the last 5. He's had tons of big plays for us in the last 5 of a game. He's just not the go to guy with 2 minutes left (mostly due to free throw shooting).

People are overrating the rest of the Bucks squad because we beat an Atlanta team that had reached their peak and was playing without their superstar. Neither were we, sure, but Bud is a better coach and we had the best players. Our role players also stepped up.

This Bucks squad has a high ceiling when the role players play well but you just can't rely on Tucker/Forbes/Teague/Connaughton for consistent scoring. Bobby is almost always instant offense though. I think the finals might rest on whether these guys can actually contribute in a real way
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue 6 Jul 2021 - 13:09

Well his argument has descended into, I played the game and yall didnt so Im right.

But from what I gather, he is talking about his complete offensive game. He said, you cant double him, he can shoot before you get there, he can go left, go right, cant foul and send him to the line and now having closed the Hawks without Giannis, has proven it all in terms of being the best player on the team.

Giannis doesnt have this complete offensive game and he only has him on "stats".
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next