Warrior
Art Morte
El Gunner
The Franchise
Great Leader Sprucenuce
18 posters

Page 32 of 42 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 37 ... 42  Next

Go down

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 32 Empty Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by The Franchise Tue Jul 06, 2021 12:09 pm

Well his argument has descended into, I played the game and yall didnt so Im right.

But from what I gather, he is talking about his complete offensive game. He said, you cant double him, he can shoot before you get there, he can go left, go right, cant foul and send him to the line and now having closed the Hawks without Giannis, has proven it all in terms of being the best player on the team.

Giannis doesnt have this complete offensive game and he only has him on "stats".

The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 32 Empty Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Jul 07, 2021 1:49 am

Sure but the best player lists would look very different if we applied that logic i feel like.

Everyone knows Giannis has limitations when it comes to his jumpshot and overall foot work but i feel like he does so much outside of that makes him the clear best player on the team.

Also I'd make the argument how they played without him was more of a product of Jrue being more aggressive and Lopez actually being featured outside of standing in the corner than anything Middleton did.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Wed Jul 07, 2021 2:19 am

Giannis plays so the Bucks have a chance to win. Simple as that

Strange to discard the physical dominance of Giannis, the guy who can defend anyone, who consistently scores 30 pts to give his team a chance to actually reach clutch time. Not even worth debating such takes.
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed Jul 07, 2021 2:42 am

how is Giannis fit and looking so good??
a freak indeed!
good start by Booker as well. 3-pt shot gunna be important in this series i feel, Crowder has been more ass than streaky with it this playoffs.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Jul 07, 2021 3:00 am

Close game rn but i have no idea why the Bucks are switching everything lol.

Lopez is just food for CP and with Jrue you don't need to switch.

It doesn't make any sense.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Wed Jul 07, 2021 3:00 am

Great match by Ayton too. A vacuum in the paint. His def positioning is a bit dissuasive for Giannis to drive. He'll be the key player for Suns this series (imo)
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Wed Jul 07, 2021 3:03 am

I guess that's what you call jinx...
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed Jul 07, 2021 3:12 am

First half thoughts:

Good game so far. Suns are getting a very friendly whistle, and we're not getting much. We also don't know how to make layups (??). I think those pretty much account for the difference in points so far. In terms of the play out there, both teams are about even.

Jrue, after two great games, is once again going into passive emo mode. Needs to get aggressive on both ends. He's not even playing his usual fantastic defense, although Suns are doing a good job taking him out of it.

I agree we're too switch happy right now
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed Jul 07, 2021 3:14 am

@The Franchise wrote:Well his argument has descended into, I played the game and yall didnt so Im right.

But from what I gather, he is talking about his complete offensive game. He said, you cant double him, he can shoot before you get there, he can go left, go right, cant foul and send him to the line and now having closed the Hawks without Giannis, has proven it all in terms of being the best player on the team.

Giannis doesnt have this complete offensive game and he only has him on "stats".

I mean, this is a classic sports argument. Is the more complete player the better player? It's an argument I've never cared for. It certainly is a plus, but it's just a part of the equation
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed Jul 07, 2021 3:28 am

@CBarca wrote:First half thoughts:

Good game so far. Suns are getting a very friendly whistle, and we're not getting much. We also don't know how to make layups (??). I think those pretty much account for the difference in points so far. In terms of the play out there, both teams are about even.

Jrue, after two great games, is once again going into passive emo mode. Needs to get aggressive on both ends. He's not even playing his usual fantastic defense, although Suns are doing a good job taking him out of it.

I agree we're too switch happy right now

friendly whistle?? lol
like Mole said earlier Jrue's passivity might just be a natural byproduct of Giannis being out there on the floor
Suns been the better team so far slightly, that's why they're leading
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed Jul 07, 2021 3:40 am

@Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Close game rn but i have no idea why the Bucks are switching everything lol.

stopped switching, Suns eatin' more than ever
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed Jul 07, 2021 3:41 am

Suns deserve the lead now in the second half

But yeah, I think everyone can see Suns have had an extremely soft whistle. Booker's been eating and the refs are serving it up.

Suns blowing us out in the second half though. Jrue sucks ass tonight. Khris has gone cold
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed Jul 07, 2021 4:00 am

The reffing isn't why we're losing but it has been laughable, jesus fucking christ
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Wed Jul 07, 2021 4:31 am

Giannis clearly injured, Bucks lack agressivity. For the rest they were outplayed and outcoached, a logical result tonight.
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed Jul 07, 2021 4:36 am

The biggest conundrum for the Bucks is this, and we saw it this game: we are probably better than the Suns when Giannis plays at the five.

However, I don't think Giannis is physically capable/well enough to play at the five for the whole game.

For the record, Giannis ends the game at +1 (and that's including the first half when we played non-Giannis at 5 minutes which we were net negative in). When he's playing the 5, these teams are even or maybe even advantage-Bucks

I'm pretty encouraged by what I saw. Giannis looked good out there, we were the better team when Giannis switched to 5, and we actually brought it down to 7 a couple times despite the men in stripes. Biggest negatives are that it was too easy for CP3 to get to his spots, and Jrue looked like Bledsoe, despite the fact that he can definitely take advantage of CP3 or Booker if he really wanted to.

EDIT: Some further statistics: Connaughton a +2, illustrating that Giannis at the 5 lineups worked well, and Lopez a team low -17 as well as Portis a -10 (in only 13 minutes). The switching with Lopez and Portis was suicide. I think Bud is going to roll out 30 minutes of Giannis at the 5 next game. Bud's big test is what can he do with the other 18 minutes to stop the bleeding? Tucker at 5 and go ultra small? Trap? Interesting conundrum for Bud
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed Jul 07, 2021 9:48 am

@CBarca wrote:The biggest conundrum for the Bucks is this, and we saw it this game: we are probably better than the Suns when Giannis plays at the five.

However, I don't think Giannis is physically capable/well enough to play at the five for the whole game.
a bullshit excuse already in Laughing damn

there's no way you watch that game and think Bucks is better in any way. They were slower and shot worse. And like Warrior said Giannis does still look hampered because he was somewhat quiet from the 2nd quarter onward. CP3 and Booker feasted on Lopez and Portis, and they'll more than likely do the same eventually to Giannis if he plays extended minutes at the 5
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Jul 07, 2021 3:02 pm

@El Gunner wrote:
@Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Close game rn but i have no idea why the Bucks are switching everything lol.

It was too late by that point, CP/Booker we already in rhythm and comfortable. With people this good you need to make them uncomfortable from the outset.

Nobody is gonna convince me that switching Tucker/Middleton/Jrue off CP/Book so they're guarded by Lopez/Portis is a good thing lol.

With that said it isn't the only reason they lost of course but it was a pretty dumb strategy.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed Jul 07, 2021 4:13 pm

@El Gunner wrote:
@CBarca wrote:The biggest conundrum for the Bucks is this, and we saw it this game: we are probably better than the Suns when Giannis plays at the five.

a bullshit excuse already in Laughing damn

there's no way you watch that game and think Bucks is better in any way. They were slower and shot worse. And like Warrior said Giannis does still look hampered because he was somewhat quiet from the 2nd quarter onward. CP3 and Booker feasted on Lopez and Portis, and they'll more than likely do the same eventually to Giannis if he plays extended minutes at the 5

Warrior says like two posts up that Giannis is clearly injured lol. But that's clear to everyone. I'm pretty psyched with how good he looks, absolutely. I think he will be key to us if we want to win this series as I've said, and the fact he looks well enough for me to say that is awesome. But he's obviously playing at *maybe* 75%. I've watched the Bucks a lot. I know what Giannis looks like when he's fully healthy. There were multiple transitions where he decided not to take it to the rim and that says it all.

I'm not making any excuses I'm just telling it like it is. This team can't live with Portis and Lopez at the 5 the whole game. We've seen it. We need Giannis there but there is no way the dude is playing 35+ minutes at the 5 and that's a problem.

As for Giannis being beat when at the 5...uhh, well the Bucks winning the Giannis at the 5 minutes, with the kind of game CP3 had and the whistle Booker got just says it all. I'm not saying Bucks beat the Suns if we can roll out that lineup all game, but we're certainly right there with them. Unlike our other lineups which killed us
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed Jul 07, 2021 4:14 pm

@Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
@El Gunner wrote:

It was too late by that point, CP/Booker we already in rhythm and comfortable. With people this good you need to make them uncomfortable from the outset.

Nobody is gonna convince me that switching Tucker/Middleton/Jrue off CP/Book so they're guarded by Lopez/Portis is a good thing lol.

With that said it isn't the only reason they lost of course but it was a pretty dumb strategy.

It worked against Atlanta so Bud went ahead and saw if it would work against the Suns. I agree it's stupid, but I can see why he tried it out for a half.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Jul 08, 2021 1:30 am

Atlanta owner basically come and said they probably won't keep the team together.

If i was a Hawks fan I'd be fucking furious, you have the best thing which has happened to your franchise since arguably the Nique days and you want to jeopardise it because you're cheap.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri Jul 09, 2021 4:39 am

Khris lost this one for us tonight. Jrue was absolutely garbage on offense but he was next level incredible on defense. Honestly one of the best defensive performances I think I've ever seen

Suns play like they have the fuckin sliders on lol. I actually thought that we played better than the Suns tonight, but there isn't much you can do when the other team can't miss from 3 and can hit shots in your face. We couldn't make a run because they just kept answering with a dumbass shot that would go in, and when we had opportunities to cut it to 3 or 4 we missed them. Not good enough. And of course, it goes without saying, that Jrue and Khris were bad. Hard to win when they play like that

Credit to them, there is nothing wrong or bad about that, and they really cleaned up their act with respect to gaming the refs tonight.

I fancy us to take both in Milwaukee. For some reason the team decides that they are actually good at shooting when playing in Milwaukee, usually.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri Jul 09, 2021 5:59 am

Giannis must be miffed right now, 42 pts in a finals game and doesn't get any help from teammates.

Apparently Jrue is currently shooting the exactly same FG% for Bucks in playoffs as Bledsoe was, 41.1%.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Fri Jul 09, 2021 9:45 am

only 1 guy in the world will say his team was the better team after losing both games by double digits Laughing unbelievable

Booker FINALS MVP incoming bounce
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Jul 09, 2021 11:20 am

I never want to hear a discussion about how Middleton is the best player on this team ever again.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Jul 09, 2021 12:02 pm

What the Bucks need to realise is, you cannot keep Lopez on the floor AND switch/play drop coverage.

Either you get him off the floor and switch or keep him out there and defend the screen and roll differently.

I say keep him out there and defend better. Get the Suns to get into their 3rd and 4th options on a play. Even if you have to hard hedge and get the ball out of CP3s/Books hands, so be it. You will be in rotations which everyone wants to avoid but you tell Crowder, Bridges and Johnson, you are going to have to take 10 3s each and hit 40% to win this game. Lopez isnt going to be effective he was last series, scoring on chairs in the post, so maybe your better of just going small but seems like they dont trust Forbes that much.

Also, not sure what Tucker can do out there. He cannot guard anyone in the series from CP3, to Book or Ayton and he isnt giving you anything on offence.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Fri Jul 09, 2021 3:17 pm

tough

El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 32 of 42 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 37 ... 42  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum