BarrileteCosmico
McLewis
32 posters

Page 18 of 22 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next

Go down

The US Politics Thread - Page 18 Empty Re: The US Politics Thread

Post by Myesyats Tue Nov 15, 2022 5:25 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:
Myesyats wrote:It's very likely that Trump will be the candidate in 2024 so winning the presidency doesnt seem so obvious either lol

It might be that there's simply fewer republicans now since they, sadly, were disproportionately affected by covid. Their vax-less "freedom" might have backfired as well

Will be very hard for Trump to see of DeSantis as the GOP candidate. Trump lost a general election already and DeSantis won a supposed swing state by roundabout 20 points, and there's another hurricane heading there, and DeSantis fucking loves hurricanes.

Would not bet on Trump right now.

But even if it's DeSantis, the midterms tell us that far-right GOP candidates aren't the shit right now, so in a general election the Republicans really should run a moderate if they want to win. It's just that they kept skewing the primaries towards fringe candidates, so not sure if they can nominate a moderate. Interesting times.

Considering the shit show that recent elections have been, that's kind of encouraging.

Still not great times, but you know. Considering many of us were ready to write American democracy's obituary, it's pretty good.

Trumpism brother. Any form of rejection of this destructive belief system is very welcome. I was just reading Rip Van Winkle recently as well as the Legend of Sleepy Hollow. I mean, this is a criticism of the American society dating 200 years back but still rings true and Trumpism embodies all the worst aspects of it such as anti-intellectualism with the fake news bs, rejection of fact and a president who has the mental capacity of a 3rd grader, an attitude towards learning/intellectualism as something outside of mainstream society..

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Wed Nov 16, 2022 7:26 pm

if the trumps are not russian agents then idk who is

Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Thu Jan 05, 2023 2:20 am

The absolute state of the GOP right now Laughing

They were elected to govern from the House yet cannot even choose their own leader.

I don't really like Hakeem Jeffries, but it would be hilarious to see him become Speaker of a House his party doesn't have majority control of.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Thu Jan 05, 2023 11:04 am

I am unbelievably entertained following the speaker vote(s).
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Jan 05, 2023 3:15 pm

This is kind of good? I hope the 20 holdout republicans remain holdouts and force the Republicans to vote in a boring centrist with some dem support.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Thu Jan 05, 2023 4:54 pm

I hope this also causes moderate Republicans to recognize the whole MAGA, Tea Party etc. crowd in their own party as hostile actors.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Sun Feb 05, 2023 1:52 pm

I may be uninformed, but why did they shoot the balloon down? Couldn't they just drone it down and see what it was?

Unless they wanted to use it for leverage.
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sun Feb 05, 2023 2:11 pm

How would you take it down safely? it's the size of 3 buses and weighs about 500kg

Anyhow they can probably tell what it was and what information it was gathering by the remains alone
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Tue Feb 07, 2023 10:20 am

So now there was explosives hmm When you destroy it you can say Hitler was in there if you like.
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu Feb 09, 2023 7:19 am

I love how they all make fun of Biden for being senile and yet he's sharper at 80 than all these tools sitting in there

Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Tue Apr 04, 2023 11:01 pm

Trump arrested
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue Apr 04, 2023 11:43 pm

Shouldve been convicted for raping a 13 year old with Epstein, but Stormy will have to suffice I guess

sounded even proud of it too: "[Epstein] is a lot of fun to be with. It is even said that he likes beautiful women as much as I do, and many of them are on the younger side. No doubt about it -- Jeffrey enjoys his social life."
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Thu Apr 06, 2023 5:09 pm

They didn't get Capone on all of the murders he committed or greenlit. They got him on the tamest of offenses: tax evasion.

If this is how Trump gets got, I'm good with it. As long as it has teeth and his delusional aura of invincibility is shattered.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sun May 28, 2023 12:12 pm

Lmao I knew the US left all this equipment for the taliban to use on purpose. Now they'll use it to mess with Iran
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Fri Jun 30, 2023 3:30 am

A predictable ruling with the conservative majority SCOTUS has currently.

The ironic thing to me is that this will do nothing to actually help Asian-Americans get into schools they otherwise would've been rejected from anyway. This absolutely won't move the needle on that.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Clutch Fri Jun 30, 2023 3:37 am

White women have benefited the most from AA so they'll likely plummet too lmao. It only helps white males I guess lol

Clutch
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Fri Jun 30, 2023 10:08 am

If all this crap is not evidence to you that we are ruled by people who don't mean well to us, I don't know what is.

Wokeness, BLM, transgenderism, modern feminism and stuff is just play pretend.

Supposedly the aim is to solve injustuce and inequality in society, while it does just the opposite and blows it out of proportion. There is racism in the world, there is discrimination unfortunately and they pretend to deal with it while actually using it to divide us even further because that is all it is, divide and conquer.

A united humanity would not allow this state of the world and they know that. It will never happen though, as we are quite a disappointment as a race in regards to our potential.
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Fri Jun 30, 2023 12:11 pm

when i talked about the illuminati on this forum in 2020 i was criticised hmm
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Fri Jun 30, 2023 12:53 pm

Clutch wrote:White women have benefited the most from AA so they'll likely plummet too lmao. It only helps white males I guess lol

Considering it was white women who gave us Trump to begin with, that makes this even more ironic.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Jun 30, 2023 7:22 pm

AA was always a bit of a sham. It should have never been race based, it should have been something like "X% of your student body must be descendants of Native Americans or Enslaved Americans whose parents earn less than Y$". Make it about atoning for past sins by lifting these people up rather than the color of their skin.

This would be way more popular than what we got, which was easily gamed. Harvard's black % has far more rich Nigerians than poor black Americans that grew up in the ghetto . That was never the intent.

It should have also banned Legacies.

In the end the ban won't change much. California already banned it and their colleges figured out how to get the race targets they want, and now they're back to where they started.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Fri Jun 30, 2023 7:34 pm

Vibe wrote:If all this crap is not evidence to you that we are ruled by people who don't mean well to us, I don't know what is.

Wokeness, BLM, transgenderism, modern feminism and stuff is just play pretend.

Supposedly the aim is to solve injustuce and inequality in society, while it does just the opposite and blows it out of proportion. There is racism in the world, there is discrimination unfortunately and they pretend to deal with it while actually using it to divide us even further because that is all it is, divide and conquer.

A united humanity would not allow this state of the world and they know that. It will never happen though, as we are quite a disappointment as a race in regards to our potential.

Power corrupts my friend, they strive for power in order to rule, not to serve!

To have the minions fight meaningless culture wars is the most convenient way of keeping them distracted and preoccupied.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Fri Jun 30, 2023 7:52 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:AA was always a bit of a sham. It should have never been race based, it should have been something like "X% of your student body must be descendants of Native Americans or Enslaved Americans whose parents earn less than Y$". Make it about atoning for past sins by lifting these people up rather than the color of their skin.

This would be way more popular than what we got, which was easily gamed. Harvard's black % has far more rich Nigerians than poor black Americans that grew up in the ghetto . That was never the intent.

It should have also banned Legacies.

In the end the ban won't change much. California already banned it and their colleges figured out how to get the race targets they want, and now they're back to where they started.

Lmao that's such a Lib move  Laughing

Means testing anything is generally not popular anywhere around the world and actually creates further resentment because most of the people who could benefit from such programs would fall under some BS arbitrary criteria that would disqualify them. i'd understand if you're looking at it from a cost-saving basis but such programs should not be half-assed in my opinion. normally you'd want any social program to be universal and inclusive, because that's what they're designed for, to uplift as many people as possible from a marginalized section of a society.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Jun 30, 2023 8:53 pm

I think the difference between a broad social program and AA is that AA was always meant to be "reparations lite". It's stated purpose was to lift people left out by the system through our "meritocratic" institutions. So it was always going to be means tested, just a matter of how. And the way they chose to created as much resentment as others, and managed to pit different minorities against each other.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Fri Jun 30, 2023 9:40 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:AA was always a bit of a sham. It should have never been race based, it should have been something like "X% of your student body must be descendants of Native Americans or Enslaved Americans whose parents earn less than Y$". Make it about atoning for past sins by lifting these people up rather than the color of their skin. .

even Namibia and South Africa was smart enough to do it this way, but the mighty Muricans weren't?

anyway, just had this discussion with a friend of mine about a week ago on the topic of race quotas and meritocracy.

He was in favour of meritocracy and against quotas, i explained to him how "meritocracy" is only an ideal and not a practicality. Rooted within any systemic setup will always be biases - for instance - let's say there is a law firm with a majority white board and recruitment team, and then there are a 100 candidate attorney applications to choose from for 10 spots. Out of the 100 all pretty much went to top universities and had more or less the same achievements, but the pool is diverse in regards to ethnicity. In this case, what's not to stop that board from letting their conscious, subconscious or unconscious biases seep through into their decision-making process, and thus they end up selecting 3 to 4 white persons because they look, talk and behave similar to them.

Aside from reparations, that right there to me is the big reason why race quotas are necessary. No system can ever be perfect, and quotas in itself will always be controversial, but at least it fills in the gaps and biases of a so-called "meritocracy" to some degree.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Fri Jun 30, 2023 10:36 pm

El Gunner wrote:for instance - let's say there is a law firm with a majority white board and recruitment team, and then there are a 100 candidate attorney applications to choose from for 10 spots. Out of the 100 all pretty much went to top universities and had more or less the same achievements, but the pool is diverse in regards to ethnicity. In this case, what's not to stop that board from letting their conscious, subconscious or unconscious biases seep through into their decision-making process, and thus they end up selecting 3 to 4 white persons because they look, talk and behave similar to them.

Well businesses can hire whoever they want. I dont understand why, in that scenario, the board of directors should be restricted or forced in any way. You should presume that if they own the firm then they know what's best for it and how it should be run/represented

Anyway I thought race is a social construct and shouldn't matter at all yet by introducing quotas in all spheres of life you're making race a mandatory factor everywhere. Seems quite counter-intuitive hmm
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Fri Jun 30, 2023 11:22 pm

race is a reality humanity will never escape... it's etched into history and it is lived and acted out every day, assuming otherwise is delusional
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 22 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next