Myesyats
BarrileteCosmico
McLewis
32 posters

Page 13 of 23 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 18 ... 23  Next

Go down

The US Politics Thread - Page 13 Empty Re: The US Politics Thread

Post by McLewis Sun May 08, 2022 12:05 am

We don't know who leaked that initial memo yet. FBI are investigating.

As for which party stands to gain, theoretically it would be the Democrats as they can use this issue to turn out voters, primarily women, in November.

McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Sun May 08, 2022 12:51 pm

I see... feel sorry for all the women who would truly need abortion if they end up not being able to or having to find other means to do so. Seems as with many other things today when it comes to politics ppl at the top would sacrifice many things considered not as important in order to gain advantage in their position...
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Mon May 09, 2022 2:27 am

Republicans are all about freedom of speech and the second amendment and killing brown people, but all of a sudden are against abortion and stopping police brutality. The gift that keeps on giving. Wish the left didn’t lose their minds. It’s as if both sides just get worse and worse.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Mon May 09, 2022 12:54 pm

FennecFox7 wrote:Republicans are all about freedom of speech and the second amendment and killing brown people, but all of a sudden are against abortion and stopping police brutality. The gift that keeps on giving. Wish the left didn’t lose their minds. It’s as if both sides just get worse and worse.

The Right pick and choose when to obey our laws and who can and should obey our laws. They've always been this way. They are the ideology of law and order, yet commit crimes like everyone else and often the more egregious ones. They are the ideology of fiscal responsibility, yet the man they elected POTUS ran up the deficit in 1 term more than his Democrat successor did in 2. They are the ideology of personal responsibility yet allow their most prominent representatives to lie, cheat, and steal with impunity in the name of keeping power. They are the ideology of life, yet support the execution of prisoners (many of whom are proven innocent either before, during or after execution) and have shown that they only value the ability to give birth so far as it serves their need to breed more people that think like them.

Hypocrisy doesn't even begin to cover it when it comes to the Right. Say what you want about the Left, but at least we're largely consistent in what we believe.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Fri Jun 24, 2022 6:01 pm

Roe v Wade has been officially struck down by the Supreme Court, as of about 2 hours ago.

This effectively has relegated anyone capable of giving birth to the status of 2nd Class citizen.

And as predicted, they're coming for contraceptives, same-sex relationships and same-sex marriages next:

Conveniently missing from the above is Loving v Virginia, without which Justice Thomas himself would not have a marriage. It hinges on the same arguments as the other rulings he's targeting yet he doesn't have the balls to stay consistent. Typical Conservative protecting what's theirs at the expense of everything else.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Fri Jun 24, 2022 6:08 pm

13 states have "Trigger" laws in effect that immediately make abortion illegal as soon as Roe v Wade was overturned:

Arkansas, Idaho, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, North Dakota, South Dakota, Wisconsin, Tennessee, Texas, Utah and Wyoming.

Kentucky, Louisiana and South Dakota have immediately banned abortion just now. Missouri is in the process of doing so. Planned Parenthood, the leading abortion provider in the country, has suspended all abortion services in its Wisconsin offices.

Michigan, where I live, has a 1930s abortion ban on its books. Republicans here are trying to force it into play, but it requires the signature of the governor, a Democrat, who has already signalled she will veto it. They could potentially override her veto and pass it anyway, which would ban abortion here too.

This is a very dark day for this country.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Fri Jun 24, 2022 7:21 pm

How are Congressional Democrats fighting back, you ask?

It should be criminal to be this inept and tone deaf.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Fri Jun 24, 2022 8:23 pm

It's stupid how the people who are against abortion because a foetus has right to life are the same people who support gun rights knowing full well hundreds of innocent people who were actually born get killed each year. At Walmart, at school, in the streets, at the doctor's office... what a joke

Now they want to crawl under your bed sheets, check who you sleep with, what pills do you take, seriously what a bunch of futile wannabe moralists
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Fri Jun 24, 2022 10:20 pm

my brothers.... i became an absurdist in 2020.... just join me.... life is a joke.... all these politics.... an absolute joke...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Absurdism
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Jun 24, 2022 10:22 pm

I don't have a strong opinion one way or another on this...  but practically speaking, it's not hard to go to a state that allows abortion if that's an issue for you.  

Even if 26 states ban abortion, there are 24 other states where it will remain legal.  

Forgetting the politics and virtue signalling for a second, just take a flight or drive to wherever you need for this.

Gun reform finally happened:  https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2022/jun/24/bipartisan-gun-control-law-house-vote-biden

This is one where I do have a strong opinion.  Although I am not against people owning guns, it is a responsibility for those who buy it AND sell it.  Good first step.  Need to get rid of assault riffles now.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Jun 24, 2022 10:54 pm

That thomas roadmap is scary af. Leave contraception and gay marriage the fuck alone. If he werent black i would think interracial marriage would be on the table
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Fri Jun 24, 2022 11:21 pm

Warrior wrote:It's stupid how the people who are against abortion because a foetus has right to life are the same people who support gun rights knowing full well hundreds of innocent people who were actually born get killed each year. At Walmart, at school, in the streets, at the doctor's office... what a joke

Now they want to crawl under your bed sheets, check who you sleep with, what pills do you take, seriously what a bunch of futile wannabe moralists

What really kills me that our foster care and adoption systems are both garbage. Kids in those system are abused, raped, starved, beaten and everything else in between. Some of them were thrown in those system as a direct result of the separation at the Southern border from their parents who were seeking asylum (and were NOT entering illegally). They will never find their way out of those system unless they age out. Suicide among kids in that system is quite high as well. These are the systems that conservatives want women, transgender men and the non-binary to give their unwanted kids to. Because they believe a life of pain and suffering is better than having never experienced at all due to abortion. It's a monstrous worldview.

sportsczy wrote:I don't have a strong opinion one way or another on this...  but practically speaking, it's not hard to go to a state that allows abortion if that's an issue for you.  

Even if 26 states ban abortion, there are 24 other states where it will remain legal.  

Forgetting the politics and virtue signalling for a second, just take a flight or drive to wherever you need for this.

Gun reform finally happened:  https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2022/jun/24/bipartisan-gun-control-law-house-vote-biden

This is one where I do have a strong opinion.  Although I am not against people owning guns, it is a responsibility for those who buy it AND sell it.  Good first step.  Need to get rid of assault riffles now.

I believe states like Idaho and Missouri have provisions in their law that criminalizes the act of attempting to leave their states for the express reason of seeking an abortion.

That bill will not stand the test of time. Conservatives are going to make sure of that. Even now, I'm sure there are plans to contest it as soon as it's signed into law, which will then line up the SCOTUS to strike it down, just as it did the New York bill earlier this week.

BarrileteCosmico wrote:That thomas roadmap is scary af. Leave contraception and gay marriage the fuck alone. If he werent black i would think interracial marriage would be on the table

And that's not to mention the fact that his wife is a treasonous seditionist that colluded with those attempting to overthrow our government. He shouldn't have even been able to sit the bench to give this opinion. On these grounds, he should be impeached and forced to resign however that won't happen. The Democrats do not have the spine for that. They'd rather sit on the steps of the Capitol and sing.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sat Jun 25, 2022 8:36 am

sportsczy wrote:I don't have a strong opinion one way or another on this...  but practically speaking, it's not hard to go to a state that allows abortion if that's an issue for you.  

dude, there are sometimes laws in place that prevent out-of-state medical procedures. And not only on a state level, but sometimes on a practice level as well, where certain clinics, hospitals, doctors and/or medical insurance companies will put such regulations in place which prevent it or makes it harder.

And of course you are just forgetting the poorer folk as usual, in this scenario.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Jun 25, 2022 2:45 pm

America....The land of the free

unless it comes to your own body or decisions lmao

Failed first world country.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Jun 27, 2022 5:23 pm

El Gunner wrote:

dude, there are sometimes laws in place that prevent out-of-state medical procedures. And not only on a state level, but sometimes on a practice level as well, where certain clinics, hospitals, doctors and/or medical insurance companies will put such regulations in place which prevent it or makes it harder.

And of course you are just forgetting the poorer folk as usual, in this scenario.

Missouri and some other states are proposing to make it illegal for their residents to get abortions in other states... it's not law.  It can't be law as a matter of fact.  This is 100% unconstitutional.  This is just political posturing.

What they could pass into law is re the act of a person/org in Missouri (resident or otherwise) helping a Missouri resident to get an abortion in another state.  That's different as they're making an act within state borders illegal.  To me, it's just a waste of energy.  If you want an abortion and you live in Missouri, get everything done out of state.

Pretty sure a million different organizations are going to pop up that will facilitate and pay for such things.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Mon Jun 27, 2022 7:37 pm

sportsczy wrote:
El Gunner wrote:

If you want an abortion and you live in Missouri, get everything done out of state.

Pretty sure a million different organizations are going to pop up that will facilitate and pay for such things.

Those organizations will need time to setup and for that information to reach low income folks who need abortion. As of right now, it's not extremely difficult, if not impossible practically, for someone who isn't rich, to seek an abortion out of state.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue Jun 28, 2022 11:34 am

sportsczy wrote:I don't have a strong opinion one way or another on this
Laughing

this is pure evil
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Tue Jun 28, 2022 2:07 pm

Myesyats wrote:
Laughing

this is pure evil

That's what privilege does to a MF
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue Jun 28, 2022 3:30 pm

If you think this is about anything other than control then you’re hopeless, babies lives matter yeah Laughing

It’s just crazy that it’s 2022 and this happens. You would think with readily available access to any information you can imagine people would be smarter, proved to be quite the contrary lol
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue Jun 28, 2022 5:15 pm

Republicans are the mass shooters, Democrats are the Uvalde police.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:49 pm

@m99 on point
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Wed Jun 29, 2022 12:33 am

right on time

Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:06 pm

Personally speaking I’m completely against abortion. However I still disagree with overturning roe vs wade. Less government is always better.. and quite frankly it’s none of the governments business what women do with their body. It’s not just about being pro choice, it’s letting people make their own decisions. Your opinion doesn’t necessarily mean you’re right.. and republicans and even lots of fellow libertarians (who I’m deeply disappointed in right now) don’t understand this.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:58 pm

why are you personally against abortion then?
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:33 pm

Personally speaking I am for men just shutting the fuck up about abortion, really

leave women alone and let them abort all they want
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:00 pm

Pedram wrote:
Myesyats wrote:
Laughing

this is pure evil

That's what privilege does to a MF
Not really,

I'm pro life with exceptions.  The exceptions are:
-  rape
-  medical conditions

The problem in the US is that you're either all in or all out.  No room for nuance.  I didn't agree with Roe v Wade completely and I don't agree with the 100% pro life state laws either.  But generally speaking, in the absence of a perfect solution, i will always prefer more freedom as opposed to less.  Everything is so radical here.

It shouldn't have been overturned if the likely outcome was the opposite radical stance.  But I'm not losing any sleep over it. It may make things less convenient... but practically speaking, people will be able to make a choice if they want to simply by going to another state. If they can't afford it, I'm 100% that there will be plenty of organizations that will pay for the trip and procedure.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 23 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 18 ... 23  Next