2020/21 Premier League Discussion

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

2020/21 Premier League Discussion - Page 30 Empty Re: 2020/21 Premier League Discussion

Post by Nishankly Tue Jan 05, 2021 12:33 pm

He was celebrating brexit.

Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Posts : 20076
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

2020/21 Premier League Discussion - Page 30 Empty Re: 2020/21 Premier League Discussion

Post by Robespierre Tue Jan 05, 2021 1:03 pm

Am I the only one to see analogy Manchester United- Milan ? Basically same trend after covid
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan
Posts : 15532
Join date : 2013-11-22
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

2020/21 Premier League Discussion - Page 30 Empty Re: 2020/21 Premier League Discussion

Post by Thimmy Tue Jan 05, 2021 1:08 pm

The start of the pandemic gave all players far more rest than they usually get, over the course of a season. I imagine the older players must’ve benefitted from it. The young ones, not so much.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 11383
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

2020/21 Premier League Discussion - Page 30 Empty Re: 2020/21 Premier League Discussion

Post by Nishankly Tue Jan 05, 2021 2:22 pm

@Robespierre wrote:So Liverpool like Milano, a city to command on the rest...


Robes changing colors like prime Emile Heskey hmm
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon
Posts : 20076
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 26

Back to top Go down

2020/21 Premier League Discussion - Page 30 Empty Re: 2020/21 Premier League Discussion

Post by CBarca Tue Jan 05, 2021 8:13 pm

Why does the EFL cup even exist?

The FA cup already does the same thing.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao
Posts : 19394
Join date : 2011-06-17
Age : 24

Back to top Go down

2020/21 Premier League Discussion - Page 30 Empty Re: 2020/21 Premier League Discussion

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:23 pm

CB just hating that Mou will get Spurs' first title since like 1900
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 26445
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 30

Back to top Go down

2020/21 Premier League Discussion - Page 30 Empty Re: 2020/21 Premier League Discussion

Post by Lex Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:53 pm

League cup is on par with the Charity shield in terms of prestige. Having said that, i just love watching football, regardless of the tournament.
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia
Posts : 14981
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

2020/21 Premier League Discussion - Page 30 Empty Re: 2020/21 Premier League Discussion

Post by Lex Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:54 pm

@CBarca wrote:Why does the EFL cup even exist?

The FA cup already does the same thing.
So you wouldn't get the TOTTENHAM'S LEAGUE CUP VICTORY 20/21 DVD for Christmas this year?
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia
Posts : 14981
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

2020/21 Premier League Discussion - Page 30 Empty Re: 2020/21 Premier League Discussion

Post by iftikhar Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:06 pm

@CBarca wrote:Why does the EFL cup even exist?

The FA cup already does the same thing.
Let's rename it Brexit Cup, something uniquely British and stupid.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 9236
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 48

Back to top Go down

2020/21 Premier League Discussion - Page 30 Empty Re: 2020/21 Premier League Discussion

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:14 pm

@Robespierre wrote:Am I the only one to see analogy Manchester United- Milan ? Basically same trend after covid


Nope, you are not.
The similarity is eerie, also has been for years before CoVid.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 31996
Join date : 2013-09-17

Back to top Go down

2020/21 Premier League Discussion - Page 30 Empty Re: 2020/21 Premier League Discussion

Post by Nishankly Wed Jan 06, 2021 3:03 pm

@iftikhar wrote:
@CBarca wrote:Why does the EFL cup even exist?

The FA cup already does the same thing.
Let's rename it Brexit Cup, something uniquely British and stupid.


rofl
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon
Posts : 20076
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 26

Back to top Go down

2020/21 Premier League Discussion - Page 30 Empty Re: 2020/21 Premier League Discussion

Post by Firenze Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:27 pm

ole out

also, remember this fella, @Gil

Piazon to leave Chelsea after nine years as Rio Ave loan terminated ahead of permanent transfer
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United
Posts : 32096
Join date : 2012-04-25

Back to top Go down

2020/21 Premier League Discussion - Page 30 Empty Re: 2020/21 Premier League Discussion

Post by Nishankly Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:34 pm

If we actually lose to you scrubs we don't deserve the title. It's actually embarrassing to lose our home record to United.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon
Posts : 20076
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 26

Back to top Go down

2020/21 Premier League Discussion - Page 30 Empty Re: 2020/21 Premier League Discussion

Post by Glory Thu Jan 07, 2021 7:39 am

It was an okay performance actually from us. City obviously was slightly better and Martial these days is absolutely shocking. City deserved their win, but till the first goal atleast both teams were equal. Content with that especially considering this is the 'in-form' City side who are about to go on a run. And lol better to lose against these lot than against Mourinho who would have shithoused his way to a win in the final.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United
Posts : 6107
Join date : 2013-07-18
Age : 30

Back to top Go down

2020/21 Premier League Discussion - Page 30 Empty Re: 2020/21 Premier League Discussion

Post by Nishankly Thu Jan 07, 2021 6:10 pm

Heating up

2020/21 Premier League Discussion - Page 30 ErJckYZUYAEoeLS?format=jpg&name=900x900
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon
Posts : 20076
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 26

Back to top Go down

2020/21 Premier League Discussion - Page 30 Empty Re: 2020/21 Premier League Discussion

Post by Thimmy Thu Jan 07, 2021 6:40 pm

@Glory wrote:It was an okay performance actually from us. City obviously was slightly better and Martial these days is absolutely shocking. City deserved their win, but till the first goal atleast both teams were equal. Content with that especially considering this is the 'in-form' City side who are about to go on a run. And lol better to lose against these lot than against Mourinho who would have shithoused his way to a win in the final.


Man United looked very good in the first half, spare for some occasionally shoddy possession-keeping. Pogba being the main culprit there, as usual. Rashford wasted quite a few good chances, as did Martial, and even Bruno should've done better when he had the chance to shoot from inside the box. I think the end result was a bit unlucky for Man United, but the more clinical side won, and City looked in control after Stones scored.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 11383
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

2020/21 Premier League Discussion - Page 30 Empty Re: 2020/21 Premier League Discussion

Post by El Gunner Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:08 am

i believe this is where we post about English domestic cup competitions too?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tt4hn3TpxkI
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 17679
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 24

Back to top Go down

2020/21 Premier League Discussion - Page 30 Empty Re: 2020/21 Premier League Discussion

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:11 am

@El Gunner wrote:i believe this is where we post about English domestic cup competitions too?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tt4hn3TpxkI


No

This https://goallegacy.forumotion.com/t42461-the-2020-21-english-football-league-carabao-cup-plus-fa-cup-thread

is where you post about the cups smoking
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 31996
Join date : 2013-09-17

Back to top Go down

2020/21 Premier League Discussion - Page 30 Empty Re: 2020/21 Premier League Discussion

Post by Helmer Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:35 am

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12184035/virgil-van-dijk-referee-michael-oliver-admits-mistake-over-jordan-pickford-tackle-on-liverpool-defender

As I said earlier, even if they give 20% of the decisions correct and fair when Liverpool is involved, we will be in much better position compared to what the table shows. This set of players and Klopp will not easily give up, doesn't matter how many incorrect decisions go against Liverpool.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 9448
Join date : 2012-08-15

Back to top Go down

2020/21 Premier League Discussion - Page 30 Empty Re: 2020/21 Premier League Discussion

Post by rincon Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:48 am

Amad Diallo joins United for 40m from Atalanta.

How good is this 40m teenager? no one knows, he only played 50 minutes of top flight football so far Laughing
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 15247
Join date : 2012-06-07

Back to top Go down

2020/21 Premier League Discussion - Page 30 Empty Re: 2020/21 Premier League Discussion

Post by Helmer Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:59 am

cant remember watching him playing or hearing about him when Liverpool played against Atalanta in CL. Another of those magnificent deals from ManUtd who sign young promising unknown players.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 9448
Join date : 2012-08-15

Back to top Go down

2020/21 Premier League Discussion - Page 30 Empty Re: 2020/21 Premier League Discussion

Post by rincon Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:23 am

@Helmer wrote:cant remember watching him playing or hearing about him when Liverpool played against Atalanta in CL. Another of those magnificent deals from ManUtd who sign young promising unknown players.

He wouldn't have been on the squad vs Liverpool. I think he only has some minutes with the first team in one or two matches this season.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 15247
Join date : 2012-06-07

Back to top Go down

2020/21 Premier League Discussion - Page 30 Empty Re: 2020/21 Premier League Discussion

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:26 am

@rincon wrote:
@Helmer wrote:cant remember watching him playing or hearing about him when Liverpool played against Atalanta in CL. Another of those magnificent deals from ManUtd who sign young promising unknown players.

He wouldn't have been on the squad vs Liverpool. I think he only has some minutes with the first team in one or two matches this season.


Have you eve seen him play? What's the opinion on him?
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 31996
Join date : 2013-09-17

Back to top Go down

2020/21 Premier League Discussion - Page 30 Empty Re: 2020/21 Premier League Discussion

Post by rincon Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:35 am

@Hapless_Hans wrote:
@rincon wrote:
@Helmer wrote:cant remember watching him playing or hearing about him when Liverpool played against Atalanta in CL. Another of those magnificent deals from ManUtd who sign young promising unknown players.

He wouldn't have been on the squad vs Liverpool. I think he only has some minutes with the first team in one or two matches this season.


Have you eve seen him play? What's the opinion on him?

I've seen him coming on a Serie A match for the last minutes. No time to form an opinion.

The opinion in general is that he is super talented in youth football, but with no experience in Serie A I'm shocked by the 40m of his transfer.

For what it's worth, Papu said: "There are defenders in the first team that sometimes cannot stop him. To stop him in training, we have to kick him! He plays like Messi."

He is supposed to be an excellent dribbler, scored and assisted a lot in the primavera. Supposed to be one of the most promising primavera players.

Still, he plays for Atalanta, a team good for bringing youngsters to the first team, in a Serie A that is now full of kids breaking through. It makes me wonder why he hasn't been given more of a role if he is indeed so good.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 15247
Join date : 2012-06-07

Back to top Go down

2020/21 Premier League Discussion - Page 30 Empty Re: 2020/21 Premier League Discussion

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:05 pm

@rincon wrote:
Still, he plays for Atalanta, a team good for bringing youngsters to the first team, in a Serie A that is now full of kids breaking through. It makes me wonder why he hasn't been given more of a role if he is indeed so good.

Maybe with him having been sold in summer already, the coaches decided to give those youngsters chances that would actually be around in the future?
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 31996
Join date : 2013-09-17

Back to top Go down

2020/21 Premier League Discussion - Page 30 Empty Re: 2020/21 Premier League Discussion

Post by rincon Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:34 pm

@Hapless_Hans wrote:
@rincon wrote:
Still, he plays for Atalanta, a team good for bringing youngsters to the first team, in a Serie A that is now full of kids breaking through. It makes me wonder why he hasn't been given more of a role if he is indeed so good.

Maybe with him having been sold in summer already, the coaches decided to give those youngsters chances that would actually be around in the future?

Maybe, I'm not questioning whether he is very talented btw, just if he is so stunningly good to have to pay 40m before a player really has first team experience.

Last season, before he was sold to United, he still only played like 20 minutes of Serie A. This season he played 40. Which is still impressive for a teenager of course.

Kulusevski, also from Atalanta, got a 35m move to Juve but after winning Serie A young player of the year as a full starter on loan at Parma. Side note, Atalanta is doing some amazing scouting with Kulu and Diallo getting them ~80m without even having relevant minutes for their first team.

Zaniolo for example moved to Roma for 5m straight out of Inter's primavera as a 18yo and played a great season right away. Kean broke through at like 16 and had double digits Serie A goals for us before his move to Everton which was still cheaper at like 30m.

Seems like a big gamble, I'll be following to see what this massive hype is about.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 15247
Join date : 2012-06-07

Back to top Go down

2020/21 Premier League Discussion - Page 30 Empty Re: 2020/21 Premier League Discussion

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum