Warrior
S
Arquitecto
Luca
rincon
34 posters

Page 3 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 19  Next

Go down

Juventus summer 2020 special - now summer 2023 - Page 3 Empty Re: Juventus summer 2020 special - now summer 2023

Post by Warrior Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:43 pm

Rabiot, Bentancur, Ramsey i rate none of them higher than B+ on a good day

They are not real creators, they barely defend, in fact we have a bunch of dudes who are correct in every aspect but great in nothing. Now that we bought hidden gem McKennie, what we need is a reliable passer as direct link to our attackers... like Pjanic... had he play in his best role

Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Juventus summer 2020 special - now summer 2023 - Page 3 Empty Re: Juventus summer 2020 special - now summer 2023

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:56 pm

If you're going to spend double figure millions on a Schalke player, at least take Harit. McKennie? Why?

3m loan with 18m obligation to buy? Surely if you just need to make up the numbers there's SOMEONE among your dozens of loaned around 'youngsters', and if you insist on spending 20m there's a better player to spend it on.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:30 am

We have financial struggles apparently

Our shopping won't end there, we have other players to buy. So 3m for a player who fills an empty spot/role is decent. Obviously i'd prefer to buy someone i have heard of at least once Laughing
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:37 am

Hapless_Hans wrote:If you're going to spend double figure millions on a Schalke player, at least take Harit. McKennie? Why?

3m loan with 18m obligation to buy? Surely if you just need to make up the numbers there's SOMEONE among your dozens of loaned around 'youngsters', and if you insist on spending 20m there's a better player to spend it on.

Option to buy, not obligation according to reports
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Thu Aug 27, 2020 7:45 am

So Pjanic and Matuidi gone, Higuain confirmed to be going, Khedira not as confirmed but most likely going as well.

Not much news regarding other departures.

For the rotation options there is the 3m loan for this McKennie kid. The midfielder to replace Khedira seems to Locatelli but Sassuolo are apparently demanding a lot. The next option appears to be De Paul.

Bentancur
Rabiot
Ramsey
Pjanic -> Arthur
Matuidi -> McKennie
Khedira -> Locatelli

Is what it looks like so far.

The closest name for CF tonteplace Higuain seems to be Dzeko.

In defense, Romero and Pellegrini are with the team in preseason, so likely them, or Rugani and De Sciglio/Danilo have to leave.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu Aug 27, 2020 10:28 am

Decent rejuvenation thus far with the exception of Dzeko rumours and hope it continues

Arthur (23) -> Pjanić (30)
Mckennie (22) -> Matuidi (33)
Locatelli (22) -> Khedira (33)
Kulusevski (20) -> possibly Bernardeschi (26)
Boga (22) -> Costa (29)
Dzeko (34)/Milik (26) -> Higuain (32)
Dest (20)/new young RB -> De Sciglio (28)
Pellegrini (21) back from his loan and serving as backup for Sandro

I'd like us to replace Costa with Boga. Seems promising and would be a decent option to come off the bench and inject some pace into this side.

Nothing extraordinary but atleast a step in the right direction. I'd rather take a gamble on these unproven young players than signing overpaid freebies/rejects from big teams. Its long overdue imo.

Now if we can sell Ramsey and buy someone like Aouar, that would be the icing on the cake but I'd assume we don't have the funds for it.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Aug 27, 2020 10:40 am

rincon wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:If you're going to spend double figure millions on a Schalke player, at least take Harit. McKennie? Why?

Option to buy, not obligation according to reports

As usual, reports by German and Italian reporters seem to differ on this based on the agenda of their sources

Bild say it's 3m loan, obligation for 18m, with bonuses possibly 28m altogether.
Kicker say it's 6m loan, option for 18m.
Di Marzio/Sky Italia apparently say it's 3.5m/18m with the option becoming obligatory once McKennie plays a certain percentage (60%) of games.

Guess we'll find out over the course of the season. At least the 18m figure is reported consistently.

I remain a bit puzzled about this, but hey I'm no scout.

Last edited by Hapless_Hans on Thu Aug 27, 2020 10:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Thu Aug 27, 2020 10:45 am

Never seen him play, only now some YouTube compilations. I hope he comes good. At least his profile is something we need. Much prefer to try this kid than stick with Matuidi at least.

DiMarzio was saying it becomes an obligation after 60% matches played.

If it's a 3m loan with option then I'm all in for the move. If it's an obligation so basically a 21m signing then I sure hope they scouted correctly Laughing
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Aug 27, 2020 10:47 am

Honestly I consider him a decent yet thoroughly unimpressive player that's looks ok for upper Bundesliga midtable.
But again, I'm no scout, so we'll see.

Stranger things have happened, you could pull up my posts about Gnabry for example..
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Thu Aug 27, 2020 3:32 pm

They’re calling him the Texan Vidal already lmao

It’s clear McKennie was signed to recover the ball in the middle. It’s an underwhelming signing, probably influenced by some sort of ploy to appeal to an American market by having an American player. I can already envision ESPN glorifying his play next to Ronaldo as Juventus’ most influential players.

We’re making moves. Marquee signing needed in the midfield though.

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:11 pm

Luca wrote:Marquee signing needed in the midfield though.

Juventus summer 2020 special - now summer 2023 - Page 3 Tenor

King Momblano says we have already 'taken' him

#MuppetMode
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:23 pm

There are also rumours that we are looking to bring Kean back on loan as it's been reported on multiple sites that we are looking to sign two strikers

Dzeko + Kean is the way to go probably
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:33 pm

Texan Vidal Laughing

McKennie isn't even the Texan Andrea Conti.

Nothing special about him and I wonder if they think signings like these will be enough to bolster their weak midfield as yes Arthur has come in but Pjanic has left.

And really odd journalists risk their reputation by making claims about Messi given there is no way Juventus can afford him.

Its like hit or miss but the risk is an odd one to take.

And Kean is a proven scrub and clearly a better boxer than a footballer.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:41 pm

Kean would be okay as a 4th striker.

We need to fulfill our homegrown player quota. We hardly have any atm.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:24 pm

Aouar would be an unbelievable signing, probably the best we could do this summer. I feel like it’ll be Locatelli though and thats it.

Locatelli was very good last season but you can’t really compare.

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:52 pm

Definitely welcome Kean back. He can sub for CF and LW and is homegrown for CL and Serie A.

Ronaldo, Dybala, Kulusevski
Kean, Dzeko, Bernardeschi
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by adun101 Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:17 pm

McKennie is definitely not Vidal, he sounds more like Matudi without the ball and a more agile Can with the ball

Does this fucker Aouar do something else than just dribble around with his head down? 'Cause I didn't see much else in his highlights or in the three games that I've watched
adun101
adun101
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:23 pm

adun101 wrote:McKennie is definitely not Vidal, he sounds more like Matudi without the ball and a more agile Can with the ball

Does this fucker Aouar do something else than just dribble around with his head down? 'Cause I didn't see much else in his highlights or in the three games that I've watched

Strange take. Aouar was completely running the show for Lyon against us. Looks like an absolute creative midfield boss.

As for McKennie, I've said enough and I will add that of course he's not as good as Can either and would have a very long way to go to become as good a player as Matuidi was.

But the thing I wonder, am I wrong in thinking that if this Juventus midfield badly needed anything, that would be quality over quantity?
It's not like you're lacking central midfielders, is it? You're just lacking those that have no quesiton marks attached in terms of their quality?

Who do you have?
There's Ramsey - we know Ramsey, spells of immense quality but positionally so unreliable that you could say he doesn't eve play like a midfielder
There's Rabiot, guess you could call him a talented and accomplished player were he not a total mental midget and incurable idiot. I would not want to have to rely on this guy.
There's Betancur, can't talk about this guy, no idea, he's good surely but you'd have to tell me whether he's good enough for Juve's ambitions.
There's Arthur, the Brazilian Cleverley. Like Cleverley, tipped to be the next Xavi, like Cleverley, not really measuring up to it. But we'll see..

That's 4 central midfielders. Why McKennie? Because with McKennie added, you're midfield isn't really less lacking. It's just even more players that leave something to be desired.
For example, you'd still need to get an Aouar so that it would feel really improved.
And isn't there some good Italian you could have bought? What's this Tonali kid like?
And what happened with SMS? Why not Tolisso? Or Renato Sanches? These would be players that improve you.

Last edited by Hapless_Hans on Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:39 pm

Yeah, interesting take. I think he would easily be our best midfielder on arrival. Looked very good in the CL. Definitely more of the caliber of player we should be linked with.

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:52 pm

Hans sneaking in Renato Sanches in there Laughing

Sergej is not available. Lotito doesn't want to do business with Juve unless we overpay and anyway his process is too high as it is. We are broke after covid.

We have spent some 50m between Kulusevski and Arthur. That seems like the budget right there. Most of the work is on removing big spenders that contribute little.

@Hans you wrote McKennie has a way to go to become the player that Matuidi WAS. I definitely believe that, but Matuidi 2020 is offensively bad, he is not prime Matuidi. It's the same feeling that Milan fans have about Calabria, it's not that he is simply bad, it's that he is aggressively bad to our play. So even this kid feels like it brings some hope.

So the management are looking at sales, swaps, and deals. For example, inserting Khedira for Dzeko or Bernardeschi for Milik are rumoured.

On Tonali, I'm not convinced that he is the best italian midfielder in his generation to get him at all costs, at least it doesnt seem sure. With Pellegrini, Castrovilli, Barella, Locatelli, etc. and certainly with Zaniolo it doesnt seem like a given. So if it is the rumoured 40m I think it's a high price. It should be lower though, and probably Marotta will make a good deal that will see us regret it.

Supposedly the club is negotiating for Locatelli with Sassuolo but Sass gives no discounts, they are demanding a lot. There are talks with Lyon as well supposedly but Aouar is even more expensive.

The high wages of Matuidi, Pjanic, Khedira, and Higuain should free some budget to make moves. Ramsey as well but he is difficult to sell and the club wouldnt let him go for free.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:57 pm

The idea seems clear to bet on Bentancur, Arthur, and Rabiot as important players.

Rabiot is an idiot but he is talented and he actually came through for us. I'm looking forward to seeing more him as well as Arthur.

Bentancur is a certainty, he isnt Pogba but he brings quality and consistency. Tall, physical, ok technique, smart and versatile. Tall Uruguayan Kimmich imo.

All of these guys are young and good, as is Locatelli. Problem is that it lacks a leader to take the next step. Aouar's quality looks enough for that, hopefully we can make a deal.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:59 pm

I admit I snuck him in there but it's not merely a joke, honestly Sanches is a fantastic box to box who's moved way too soon into the spotlight and wasn't able to deal with it, but apparently has fallen on his feet at Lille.
Think he has another big club move in him, he is quality. If Juve were to sign him this summer (purely hypothetically, not going to happen), I'd be intrigued and would consider it a  promising move, no kidding.

I support Betancur already for the fact that it's too much fun to call him the best Uruguyan young midfielder.

And yes, the thing that struck me most about Aouar in these CL games I saw was that he seemed to emanate leadership and will to win, on top of his immense technical quality.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Thu Aug 27, 2020 7:10 pm

I should add that I am not as apocalyptic about our team as others, however terribly mismatched our team was to Sarri, there is plenty of quality.

Our defense is excellent and 2/3 forwards are awesome. A double pivot of Bentancur/Pjanic-Rabiot playing in a more sensible manner in a 4231 or a 343 without the super high line would see us become effective imo.

With Kulu, Arthur, and Chiellini back it looks better. A young player like Aouar woild make it come together nicely.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Aug 27, 2020 7:12 pm

If Man City indeed go for Messi, maybe you could persuade Bernardo Silva?
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Sat Aug 29, 2020 3:03 pm

Reading that Kean is close to Juventus

Possible loan or swap with Ramsey (please god)

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sat Aug 29, 2020 3:16 pm

Insane that Kean is being valued this high given as said he is a proven scrub and Ramsey was just used ineffectually.

Yes yes I get the home-grown quota but surely it can be used on another.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 19  Next