Thimmy
chad4401
futbol_bill
Doc
Mr Nick09
35 posters

Page 24 of 39 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 31 ... 39  Next

Go down

Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc - Page 24 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Jul 20, 2022 9:20 am

Mr Nick09 wrote:If Depay needs a new club and we need a new striker?

Depay is just not that good.
If you really needed a striker after missing out on Mbappé (LOL), should have gotten Nkunku and be done with it.

Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc - Page 24 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Jul 20, 2022 10:38 am

Hapless_Hans wrote:
Mr Nick09 wrote:If Depay needs a new club and we need a new striker?

Depay is just not that good.
If you really needed a striker after missing out on Mbappé (LOL), should have gotten Nkunku and be done with it.
signing players after one good season has burnt us before, besides, based on how we play, there is no fit for Nkunku in our team. He plays the same zone Benzema and Vinicius already. For someone off the bench who has character and can be a goal scoring threat he is more than good enough. I am well aware he would not be a starter in Madrid
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Makaveli Thu Jul 21, 2022 10:20 am

I never watched Nkunku play on a club level, and I am not sure how good he is, but reports are that his buy out is 60 mill.

Is he like a proper 9 or is he a more 9.5-ish player like Benz ?

To be fair, I don't think there is anything wrong in the club investing in a young player as long as it makes financial sense and the talent is there.
Makaveli
Makaveli
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Jul 21, 2022 12:10 pm

Hopefully we can sign a pre-contract with Endrick. With any lucky Benz will have the longevity of Modric and Endrick will Hopefully take over when he is ready
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu Jul 21, 2022 2:40 pm

You could get Depay for 15m tbh and he’d be a good backup to Benz though idk if Laporte would sell to RM
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Jul 21, 2022 4:02 pm

How about straight swap Mariano for Depay.....win win for both. You get a guy who thinks he is peak Ronaldo and we get a budget model
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Tue Jul 26, 2022 7:36 am

halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Tue Jul 26, 2022 2:36 pm

I hope you are right Hala. I read yesterday, after Mayoral was sold, that club was searching for a club for Mariano, that they desperately want him out to free up a spot for a backup striker, particularly since it appears Asensio will not be leaving.

I say why bother looking for a club, especially when he likely won’t go and no club would be willing to pay 5M a year for him. I don’t get the hesitation to buy him out; it’s only 5M and if it’s regarding reputation, compare this possible buyout to Barca not willing to pay contracted salaries to its players!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Jul 28, 2022 2:26 pm

2 down 2 to go. Still need to sell/release Mariano and Asensio
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Thu Jul 28, 2022 3:17 pm

I sure agree with you re Mariano, but I don’t expect Asensio to go anywhere. it seems the only legit interest was from Milan, a club that always is looking for loan deals with little money available. It looks like reported interest from EPL was all manufactured by Mendes! Plus there no longer is any talk about purchasing a winger only a reserve CF!

Another one that has dropped off the for sale list is Vallejo! Looks like he is staying, and no other LB is being added, as earlier rumoured.

Off topic, I’m a bit concerned about all the praise about Vini coming out, things like he is better than Mbappe, etc. I’m afraid it will go to his head! IMO, he is not yet a finished product and does have a few formulating bad habits (complaining, diving, over reacting) that need to be corrected!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon Aug 01, 2022 4:32 pm

Mayoral off to Getafe

Carlo sending Mariano and Odri a message by giving them peanut minutes in preseason. Hopefully they can leave and we add one more veteran CF before the end of the season
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Mon Aug 01, 2022 7:34 pm

Hala, what happened to Isco signing with Sevilla / Lopetequi?

Last I heard he had rejected Betis and was signing with Sevilla. i looked at lineup for Sevilla’s preseason games and not finding Isco, i looked at squad and he’t not there!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Tue Aug 02, 2022 12:57 pm

He is off to Sevilla but Sevilla couldn't make it happen until they got Kounde sold. Now that he's been sold they'll probably make Isco official any time now
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Tue Aug 02, 2022 1:01 pm

Celta want Mariano but predictably his wages are a stumbling block. No problem, we'll probably be happy to pay half of it provided he finally accepts to leave
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sat Aug 06, 2022 11:15 am

Gutierrez off to Girona. Latasa close to joining Getafe. Arribas also rumoured to be joining a 1st division team but on loan. Reiner still no team but wouldn't be surprised if he joins Valladolid and R9.

We are starting to sell alot of those players who were going out on loan previously. Diaz will probably also be sold after his loan spell.

Now just give a "letter of freedom" to Mariano and be done with him Laughing

Seen no concrete rumours about Endrick yet but hope we wrap it up quickly. Lots of teams are joining the race to sign him. I have faith in Calafat tilting the swing in our favour. So far we are refusing to pay over the sum we paid for Vini while his team wants 60ME. We all know Barca won't be able to sign after their crazy summer. Chelsea have joined the race but just like British talents who choose EPL first, similarly Brazilian talent choose Spain first. Then there's QSG and their unlimited funs who are always a threat. They could offer his family the deputy Sporting director role who knows. This is one deal I'd like us to get done asap.

According to Marca, we haven't closed the doors completely in regards to a back up striker. Some names floating about have been Dzeko, RDT, Cavani etc but apparently we aren't "impressed" with the strikers available in the market. The club is trying to prevent another Jovic, Mariano situation where we have strikers sitting on multimillion euro deals having contributed zilch and refusing to move on. Where are the Chicharitos and the Adebayors when you need them eh
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sat Aug 06, 2022 2:46 pm

Hala, i understand in these sales is 50% rights retained thus maintaining the possibility of returns if they do develop enough.

I’m concerned that they gave Odriozola a shirt number! And I don’t understand why they don’t just buy out Mariano’s contract and put it on him and agent to find a team! Is there some rule that I’m missing?
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sat Aug 06, 2022 3:50 pm

I think they are trying to prevent a precedence. The last player we essentially "bought out" was Raul and I bet we won't be doing that anymore after that debacle. We could do what we did with Jovic which is transfer him free of charge but that would need Mariano to be positive to leaving which he isn't. So we'll be stuck with him unfortunately just like we were stuck with Bale.
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sat Aug 06, 2022 4:09 pm

If so, then the squad is set. 2 porteros, 9 defenders including Odriozola and Vallejo, 7 midfielders, plus Benzema, Vinicius, Rodrygo, Hazard, Asensio and Mariano, 24 in total.

Basically, last year’s team with improved and more options in defense and midfield, but front line dependent on Benzema and Vini and hope in Hazard and Rodrygo.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Perucho21 Mon Aug 08, 2022 1:46 am

At this point yes Im sure this will be our squad for the season. Defense and Midfield have been improved. Attack... not so much. We will still rely on Vini and Benzema and have to pray and hope Hazard and/or Rodrygo have a outstanding season similar to Vinicius last season. I dont care for Asensio, but he does provide depth so it doesnt hurt.

Truth is, theres no world class RW out there available anymore. Maybe B.Silva but he has transitioned to midfield and will likely end up at Barca.

As far as backup ST, i'm still very adament that RDT is the ideal backup. But it seems the club will not move for one. Understandable. Lets see what transpires.
Perucho21
Perucho21
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Mon Aug 08, 2022 8:13 pm

Is Ziyech worth a gamble at this point? Laughing
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:00 pm

I think what our attack needs at this point is someone who can score double digits. We can't afford another player who doesn't give us guaranteed goals and overall positive impact and who doesn't hide. Hence, why we are being very cautious.

Guys like Ziyech, Werner, and whoever else we've been linked with are a tier below and it's precisely those gambles we are trying to avoid making.

Jesus, Morata, RDT, Aubamayang, Cavani (the one who isn't permaunjured) would be perfect for that back up striker role but some of them play for our rivals, others would command far too much in wages and one doesn't have a European passport. So we are in this situation were we prefer to play Rodrygo/Hazard there than take another gamble.

I think the club has something cooking regarding Benzema's replacement hence why we are clearing the squad from all CFs we have one by one. Next summer we'll be able to clear Mariano and Asensio. That'll only leave Hazard as the dud, who the coach doesn't rate anyhow.
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Tue Aug 09, 2022 12:58 pm

Hope Mariano is proud with himself
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Fri Aug 12, 2022 6:06 pm

Barca doing a buyout of Braithwaite. He has 2 years left on contract. Once done, Braithwaite can sign with anyone for free and immediately.

I wish Flo would do same with Mariano. They have been actively looking for a club for him, whereas with Barca, the onus is on the player. I don’t get the rationale!!

Barca will likely do same with Umtiti, however I don’t know how long his contract is for?
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Fri Aug 12, 2022 6:18 pm

Fun fact: Mariano is a three-time La Liga winner and two-time CL winner. Let that sink in Laughing
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Fri Aug 12, 2022 7:06 pm

The Demon of Carthage wrote:Fun fact: Mariano is a three-time La Liga winner and two-time CL winner. Let that sink in Laughing

Lol, did he even make it to bench in any of them?

He’s 28 years old, played less than 350 minutes in past year, obtaining a salary of 4.5M/ yr. Let’s see what he will get next year?
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Fri Aug 12, 2022 7:19 pm

He'll be able to show his kids all his medals and his number 7 shirt. His kids will then look through the list of legends on the website and they'll be surprised to not find their dads name.
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 39 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 31 ... 39  Next