Thimmy
chad4401
futbol_bill
Doc
Mr Nick09
35 posters

Page 23 of 39 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 39  Next

Go down

Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc - Page 23 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Jul 14, 2022 12:37 pm

According to Revelo, Carlo wants odriozola out. He is 4th option after Carvajal, Vasquez and Nacho

Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc - Page 23 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Jul 14, 2022 1:42 pm

It's a WC year. Playing sporadically will not help him in his quest to be selected in the WC squad. Especially now that we are stacked in midfield and likely to play 442 alot. We have also renewed Rodrygo meaning he is our project and Asensio barring injury disasters will find it difficult to get playingtime. He said that he wanted to play week in week out during the UNL which won't happen here. The best thing he can do right now is leave to the first team that shows interest. He even joined Mendes' firm which means he wants to find a club but it looks like noone is interested. I mean who can blame them. This guy wouldn't imporve a single top team. He should join the rest of the mental midgets at Arsenal tbh. Could form a decent partnership with Odegaard.

Players of Asensio's type are not wanted in the market. Only Barca were stupid enough to buy Ferran. Look at Dybala, ran his contract down and now Napoli and Roma are the only ones showing any interest. These guys are now the Z plan in case all other targets cannot be attained.
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Jul 14, 2022 3:12 pm

Unless there is an injury or he starts playing like Roberto Carlos prime, Odriozola is not going to the World Cup, it’s not rocket science
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Thu Jul 14, 2022 5:10 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:Unless there is an injury or he starts playing like Roberto Carlos prime, Odriozola is not going to the World Cup, it’s not rocket science

Nick I believe Hala is talking about Asensio, not Odriozola!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Jul 14, 2022 7:43 pm

Apparently Leroy Sané has been offered to us… I guess by his agents
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Jul 14, 2022 8:11 pm

Carlo wants to play Hazard as a false 9 apparently. Could work as he's good at shielding the ball but we'd need Rodrygo to step up 2 fold for that to work as Hazard isn't much of a goalscorer
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Fri Jul 15, 2022 8:49 am

Waiting for Marca to turn on him like they turned on Bale......
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Fri Jul 15, 2022 2:18 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:

Waiting for Marca to turn on him like they turned on Bale......

The sooner the better. I still think they should just buy him out. This guy has literally no ambition. The kicker in my mind was after Fenabache agreed to take him, he demanded a 25% increase in salary (from 4M to 5M)! And they initially agreed only to find out with the drop in value of Turkish currency (to Euro), they couldn’t afford it. I would love to see club buy him out and then let this prima donna try to find anyone willing to take him on for either 4 or 5 M!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Fri Jul 15, 2022 3:38 pm

He wanted an increase on an already huge undeserved salary Laughing
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Jul 15, 2022 7:49 pm

Gnabry is renewing; Mahrez signed until 2025; Bayern won’t sell Sané for a ransom… all the names we have been linked with for the right wing are settled.

Even if we sell Asensio, we will spend big money on another prospect, who may very well flop lol. I don’t see another name for the right wing that we can sign and who can bring in guarantee quality to our right wing
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Fri Jul 15, 2022 9:18 pm

Carlo confirmed that Madrid will not be making any more signings.

He also said that he will be using Hazard as a false nine which is interesting because I don't think the latter has ever played in that position before? I'm sure Chelsea fans can confirm or deny this.

We will see anyway. I mean, It was Carlo who played Di Maria as LCM and made him look like a beast. Maybe Hazard will finally do something useful at Madrid with this new role.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Jul 15, 2022 9:35 pm

The club line is “we won’t sell unless there are departures” lol Carlo said nothing we don’t already know.

If Asensio leaves ( maybe Mariano)they will have to replace him, simple as that. But they won’t add to the existing team
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sun Jul 17, 2022 3:50 pm

A couple of rumors about Ceballos.

1. Seems Isco signing with Sevilla as opposed to Betis killed whatever hope of Ceballos joining Betis this season. It is said the Pellegrini was going to sell Fekir if Isco came and use the sale funds to pay for Ceballos!

2. Milan are willing to make a loan deal for Ceballos with option to buy (at a lower price than RMad want), but it is also conditioned on return of Brahim (which set another condition of Asensio departure.

Bottom line IMO, he stays.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun Jul 17, 2022 4:45 pm

I don't mind Ceballos staying. He contributed hugely towards the end of last season. It's Asensio and Mariano that need to f off pronto
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sun Jul 17, 2022 5:51 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:I don't mind Ceballos staying. He contributed hugely towards the end of last season. It's Asensio and Mariano that need to f off pronto

I agree and he can be useful if they plan to play a fair amount of 4MFs. Also he could have a longer term role if both Kross and Modric retire next summer.

As to the other two, the only way Mariano goes is a buyout, which I hope they will do and Asensio really only has 2 options; stay or go to Milan, hoping club will accept what Milan will offer.

At this point it’s looking like RW options are Rodrygo, Asensio or Rodrygo, Brahim or Lucas. Doesn’t look like any RW purchase.

In other news, expect Reiner loan to Valladolid to complete today or tomorrow.

Other than those mentioned above that only leaves Vallejo. Why he isn’t jumping at a coach’s request for him is incomprehensible?

Then there are Odriozola and Mayoral. Both of these will be decided late; Odriozola, if preseason efforts show promise, he stays if Asensio goes and Brahim doesn’t return and Mayoral, assuming a buyout of Mariano, then it will be a decision between him and Latasa.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Sun Jul 17, 2022 7:51 pm

The situation in attack is underwhelming and what Barcelona is doing, regardless of their dubious economic state, adds salt to the wounds. I'll reaffirm what I said earlier, it feels like we lack some decisiveness and creativity with some of the transfer situations in our squad, particularly in attack. All this begs the question of just what our economic state is, because our apparent complacency and austerity nonetheless stands in contrast with our dishing out of more than 80 million euros on a midfielder who imo doesn't seem like a generational talent or like someone who was indispensable to our current or future needs and who we couldn't afford to miss out on, although jury will be out and I hope he ends up an elite and capable monster.

Mariano and Asensio should be booted. Surely in the 5 big leagues there are some interesting alternatives that won't break the bank. We're assuming too much with all of Benzema, Vinicius, and Rodrygo imo, precisely because our returns last season were "extraordinary" and with plenty of asterisks, it's a bit dangerous to singlehandedly count on that.

As for Kubo, call me petty but now that Odegaard failed with us and that Brahim and Kubo both seem to be going down that trajectory, I can say that my being underwhelmed and annoyed by all of those acquisitions when they were made was justified and well placed. Those types of AM's are not the future and tough bets even if the players themselves reach certain thresholds of performance. Physical yet creative box to box midfielders than can play in varied CM positions and speedy goal scoring wingers are what modern football is drooling for, Kubo, Brahim, Odegaard, Isco, were all none of that. Ceballos' passing range is what kills him, ends up looking as ordinary and limp as Illarramendi. 4 years on and we're still hoping Ceballos "develops" the kind of passing Camavinga has more or less confirmed at 18/19 years old with limited minutes already. Levels.
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Back to top Go down

Post by Perucho21 Sun Jul 17, 2022 9:00 pm

So I've been reading the frustrations amongst fans on other forums and social media about our lack of power on the offense, or rather lack of signings in that area.

The answer is that we simply couldn't due to issues not in our control. For one, there is the inability of the Spanish government to issues passports to free non EU spaces, and theres the fact our players not wanting to leave and therefore not freeing up space for more signings.

I do not necessarily blame Asensio and Mariano for staying put and seeing out their contract. There are well within their right to do so. It is just incredibly frustrating to see it happen. I believed Marco would move to get playing time as he has chance to play for Spain in the world cup, but he won't get much time as Fede and Rodrygo are ahead of him. But it seems that doesn't matter to him.

We got our business done early. We have more depth at CB, and more depth in midfield. We just have to hope Benzema and Vini have another spectacular season to carry the offense. Or at the very least, hope Rodrygo has a break out season similar to Vini last season.

I am frustrated because this window was a huge opportunity to sign a RW. Jesus, sterling, Salah, mahrez, Gnabry, Mane all could have been outstanding signings for the right (I am aware some players mentioned are better at LW but it couldn't hurt to play them on the right). All of them have made their moves and no longer possible.
Perucho21
Perucho21
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sun Jul 17, 2022 9:19 pm

Once sgain, your ignorance of finances is showing thru. There aren’t 5 big leagues of buyers. There are only approximately 10 teams, with all but 4 of them in EPL. Two them, Madrid and Bayern are selective and cautious, not to get into bidding battles. I think you are primarily misled by the fools gold approach of Barcelona. It’s a simple case of giving away huge amount of future income to raise enough capital to try to restock the squad, hoping it will last for several years. It’s a huge gamble, with at least one club saying they didn’t think they would be financially viable (I assume from a big club point of view) in 2 years time.

From my Spanish viewpoint, I reluctantly like it as it will at least keep la liga competitive.

You do realize you are trashing a very much improved, particularly in depth, team that just won liga and CL!

While I’ll agree with you there are holes, particularly if Benz goes down and at RW and possibly RB, that was the situation last year and it worked out quite well.

This year was supposed to be the Mbappe signing and that failure changed everything. Rome wasn’t built in a single day and neither is a squad restocking (unless you want to go the suicide route as Barca).

We are a RW, RB and an eventual replacement for Benz away from a complete team. The club thought at this point is perhaps the answers are Rodrygo, Vinicius Tobias and Haaland.

Kubo, Reiner, Brahim will never make this team. The objective of these loans (actually both Kubo and Reiner are likely to end up as partial sales) are to raise their value and eventually make a profit. But that’s finances which you have difficulty comprehending
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Sun Jul 17, 2022 10:19 pm

Don't know what you're on about with Kubo and Brahim, I mentioned them to point out that they were dubious purchases from the very beginning, clearly this went over your head, as did apparently most of the nuance of my post, you never can help yourself.

Mariano and Asensio are situations where it seems we could have done/could be doing more to push them out, which is why people everywhere are complaining about them. As for acquisitions, again, we spent 80+ million on Tchouameni and were prepared to go deep into our pockets for Mbappe, I would imagine there are plenty of players in mid table teams in Europe/obscure names who can offer more interesting variables than Asensio or Mariano, that is if you can't go for the right wing and ST names everyone should know from FIFA. I think the claim for arguable lack of decisiveness and creativity stands, although yes, the current market seems difficult.

Flaunting our extraordinary CL won under extraordinary circumstances and a league where there literally was no competition does not really help your argument.

Overall we have a pretty solid squad, but if you make a poll then the people saying we could be doing more would win, and I bet they'd be right.
The Madrid One
The Madrid One

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon Jul 18, 2022 9:01 am

Laughing bet he won't find any takers next summer either
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Tue Jul 19, 2022 2:00 pm

The Madrid One wrote:Don't know what you're on about with Kubo and Brahim, I mentioned them to point out that they were dubious purchases from the very beginning, clearly this went over your head, as did apparently most of the nuance of my post, you never can help yourself.

Mariano and Asensio are situations where it seems we could have done/could be doing more to push them out, which is why people everywhere are complaining about them. As for acquisitions, again, we spent 80+ million on Tchouameni and were prepared to go deep into our pockets for Mbappe, I would imagine there are plenty of players in mid table teams in Europe/obscure names who can offer more interesting variables than Asensio or Mariano, that is if you can't go for the right wing and ST names everyone should know from FIFA. I think the claim for arguable lack of decisiveness and creativity stands, although yes, the current market seems difficult.

Flaunting our extraordinary CL won under extraordinary circumstances and a league where there literally was no competition does not really help your argument.

Overall we have a pretty solid squad, but if you make a poll then the people saying we could be doing more would win, and I bet they'd be right.

Once again, you have demonstrated your overall financial and squad rules ignorance.

Let me put it in simple English terms.
The current squad number is 25, the maximum number allowed. That it in itself means NO signings unless someone is removed from squad and also no signing can be made to anyone without an EU passport. There are 5 players (Asensio, Mariano, Mayoral, Odriozola, Vallejo) included in squad that are possible departures. But all of them are more than content to stay and have contracts that ensures they are legally bound to club. Nothing the club can do other than pressuring them and possibly buy out remainder of contract. I’m also certain that they would like to get the squad number lower to allow for Vinicius Tobias to be added once the Spanish Passport comes in.

No one has said the transfer funds aren’t available this year! The club has done all that it can in terms of squad numbers and making new signings. I’m sure all of us would like a RW purchase and Asensio to leave, but that just isn’t happening.

I mentioned the loanees, as the entire academy and youth purchases is a money making operation. Sure there is hope that some of them will make a breakthru in their development to either be a potential star aka Vinicius or a squad player helping with the home grown numbers. But for the majority, the principle is to increase the player’s value beyond what was purchase value and then sell.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Tue Jul 19, 2022 2:47 pm

There is interest in Mayoral, none for Mariano. At this point , I’m concluding staying are Mariano, Asensio, Ceballos. Not sure about Vallejo, Odriozola.

News today is that Gutierrez, Blanco, Chust, Arribas and Morante all will be leaving club
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Tue Jul 19, 2022 3:36 pm

Lol if anything has been shown here it is your usual irrelevance and pettiness, you've added nothing.
The Madrid One
The Madrid One

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Tue Jul 19, 2022 4:21 pm

But yet, club should have done more as per you and your internet fans!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Jul 20, 2022 12:14 am

If Depay needs a new club and we need a new striker?
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Jul 20, 2022 9:20 am

Mr Nick09 wrote:If Depay needs a new club and we need a new striker?

Depay is just not that good.
If you really needed a striker after missing out on Mbappé (LOL), should have gotten Nkunku and be done with it.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 39 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 39  Next