Thimmy
chad4401
futbol_bill
Doc
Mr Nick09
35 posters

Page 25 of 39 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 39  Next

Go down

Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc - Page 25 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc

Post by halamadrid2 Fri Aug 12, 2022 7:19 pm

He'll be able to show his kids all his medals and his number 7 shirt. His kids will then look through the list of legends on the website and they'll be surprised to not find their dads name.

halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc - Page 25 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc

Post by futbol_bill Fri Aug 12, 2022 8:37 pm

He can also likely to claim highest paid Dominica Republican ever. (I think only one- most athletes from DR play beisbol or Cricket)
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Tue Aug 23, 2022 6:04 pm

Good decision
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon Sep 05, 2022 3:20 pm

They only waited until the end of the transfer window Rolling Eyes
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Mon Sep 05, 2022 5:42 pm

I believe they are going to use it for The other Vinicius (Tobias).

I wonder how long before the other two (used for Militao and Rodrygo) are available. Both were submitted months ago!

I also think unless something changes the other two will be used for Reiner and Endick!

Of course if we don't sign Endick or Reiner doesn't develop or Tobias doesn't work out or Rodrygo doesn't solve RW issue, then one will be used for a RW in marketplace!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Tue Sep 13, 2022 7:51 am

I am glad it was turned down. It's one thing allowing 30yo Casemiro to leave but a whole other thing letting 24yo Valverde leave. He together with Vini, Rodrygo, Cama, Tcho and Militao are our future

Last edited by halamadrid2 on Wed Sep 14, 2022 8:24 am; edited 1 time in total
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Tue Sep 13, 2022 4:37 pm

Hala , preliminary prediction of lineup for tomorrow is out and it fits your preferences to a tee with one exception!

Courtois

Dani, Rudiger Alaba, Mendy

Modric, Tchouameni, Camavinga

Valverde, Rodrigo, Vini
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Sep 14, 2022 8:24 am

It's a perfect line up. I just hope Rodrygo delivers because that means he'll probably be preferred against Atleti
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Mon Sep 26, 2022 3:03 pm

Story in Marca today, that Real Madrid are planning an all out effort to sign Bellingham next summer. It says they are assuming Kroos and Modric retire and possibly Ceballos leaves. This is in addition to the rumours of signing Endick (to arrive in summer of 24) and the promotion of Vinicius Tobias.

I sense a different approach by club as to signings. First off they are continually after promising youth and for the most part trying not to get in the marketplace signing battles and secondly, they aren’t putting the signings into starting roles until they prove they belong. Look at Rudgier for example. Signing another top rated midfielder when they already have three capable of starting further demonstrates this. I expect in future that the signings of backup positions we can expect (or hope) the backups are competition for the starter. Again as we can see that is the plan with both midfield and RB. And this will lead to rotations which also is good, especially in the overloaded schedules in today’s futbol.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Thu Oct 20, 2022 8:13 pm

I see ure still listening to Marca lol. Anyway wud this move really be necessary? I feel like we are already covered with midfielders already. Not to mention I doubt kroos and modric are retiring next year. I haven't seen Bellingham play but am I wrong in thinking we have more than enough midfielders?
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Thu Oct 20, 2022 8:46 pm

titosantill wrote:I see ure still listening to Marca lol. Anyway wud this move really be necessary? I feel like we are already covered with midfielders already. Not to mention I doubt kroos and modric are retiring next year. I haven't seen Bellingham play but am I wrong in thinking we have more than enough midfielders?

Not just Marca, it’s basically all Spanish media. I’m not saying it will happen, as Liverpool is after him, but I like you was wondering why. Also there is the possibility of Ceballos leaving. Note I posted that almost a month ago. Much more in media about him since then.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Thu Dec 15, 2022 3:17 pm

Throughout this World Cup, there has been numerous reports out about Madrid’s interest in pursuing Bellingham, after his impressive showing.

After seeing him play, I’m convinced he would definitely be an immediate starter at Madrid. But what does that do to Camavinga? With Valverde and Tchouameni already established as starters let alone the possibility of both Modric and Kroos remaining, Camavinga would become an outcast, let alone Ceballos as well. Sports was right, he would definitely leave.

Also the cost of Bellingham will be extremely high after his WC performace and the likely competition for him plus he will require one of the non European spots. If they are inclined to toss out Camavinga, then I would go for Musiala instead who was equally impressive during this world cup. He would be cheaper and not required the non European spot. However, I hope these rumors are not correct as the midfield should be the least of the squad concerns. Sending this type of message to a young recruit who has done well is bad for business.

Imagine, if club went after Mbappe again! What message does that send to Vinicius?
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Thu Dec 15, 2022 3:30 pm

On a different note, club has officially signed Endick and is said to be finalizing the official purchase of Vinicius Tobias, who is expected to be with first team next season, and be the heir apparent to Carvajal.

The projected future starters then are Rodrygo, Endick, Vinicius; Valverde, Tchouameni, Camavinga; V. Tobias, Militao, …….

That just leaves CB, Portero although those positions are good for a few more years with Rudiger, Alaba and Courtois plus LB. There have been reports they may look to the market to find talent to replace Mendy.

What all this means, is recruitment in the next couple of seasons, should focus on bench strength as the current bench players (Hazard, Mariano, Asensio, Ceballos, Lucas, Vallejo, Odriozola, Nacho) plus Modric, Kroos are likely to leave or retire.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Mon Dec 19, 2022 4:44 pm

I find any Camavinga-out kind of talk repulsive. The kid had a very good first season, is very young, has to be patient, work, perform, and we have to do our part to help him develop and integrate. Jesus.

On the other hand, if things get to his head then he could gladly GTFO.

I'm curious on whether Iker Bravo is a real talent or not, haven't payed enough attention. I feel that to even posit Bellingham both Kroos and Modric would have to go. Even Tchouameni, Valverde, Camavinga, Bellingham would be pushing it.
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Mon Dec 19, 2022 5:43 pm

MTO, i think all talk about Bellingham will soon disappear plus not sure if any of this is from club! His value has skyrocketed from WC performance and will be a bidding war likely between City, Pool and Chelsea. Flo would surely balk at that plus there is the issue that he will require one of the import (non european) spots.

And re Iker Bravo, i was the one pushing that, but after some investigation, i was wrong. I posted it here I think in this thread. He was brought in to give strength to Castilla much like Duro a couple of years. Carlo had added him to CL list, but it seems that was if any of the options on 1st team didn’t work out. It seems as if that role, stepping in for Benz when needed, is Rodrygo with either Valverde, or Asensio taking the LW spot. Long term, the signing of Endick this week is the expectation, but that still leaves club vulnerable next season.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sun May 21, 2023 2:58 pm

Here’s my end of season review and what I think may happen re signings and departures.

Squad Season Review:

Forwards:

Benzema - 6 - hasn’t been his best, moments of greatness, but age definitely a factor. Worrisome if they don’t sign a competent CF to complement him in what will most likely be his final year.

Vinicius - 8 - Has become one of best LW in world, but at same time he still has to learn to control his temperament and improve his decision making.

Rodrygo - 6 - this was supposed to be his breakout year and it has not been so. The RW starting spot was his to take command of, yet he revealed that he can not be a right winger. His best position is a false 9, which doesn’t exist at Madrid. He is good however as forward bench strength.

Asensio -7 - has played well and seems to have accepted his role as forward bench strength big question is will he accept the renewal offer or go elsewhere to be a starter.

Mariano - 1 - less said the better and good riddance as his contract expires in June.

Hazard - 3- like Bale hanging on to last pay check, taking up a forward slot that could be used for a contributing forward. Question, will he depart or stay for final year of contract. If it were up to me, I would but him out, but for some reason, club never does that?

Brahim - he played well with Milan this year and will be in his final year of contract. He’s more of a natural RW that either Rodrygo or Asensio. His return will be dependent on Asensio’s decision re renewal and Hazard’s departure. Milan will want him, but will be reluctant to pay the 30M Madrid is asking.

Midfield:

Modric - 6 - moments of greatness, but age is really starting to show. I say it’s time to retire, but it seems a final year in a reduced role is in the cards.

Kross - 7 - I thought he had a decent year. He also seems set on another year although we hope it is a reduced role.

Valverde - 6 - started off the year in fabulous form. Was mom several times and probably was best player on squad up to WC. Afterwards he fell off a cliff. Should have lost his starting role and definitely will if Bellingham rumours are true. Question will be can he regain early season form.

Camavinga - 8- breakout year. He is going to be a top mid for several years.

Tchouameni- 5- rough year. Started timidly esp. for a player with his credentials. Showed some of his good form before WC, but never made the most of his opportunities. Carlo is reportedly confident with him and next season much more will be expected from him.

Ceballos - 6 - good year for him in a bench support role and he seems content with his role. Question is will he accept renewal of not.

Defense:

Militao - 7 - getting establish as a top CB but regularly makes bone head errors.

Alaba -7 - he is the defense leader, but starting to show signs of aging.

Rudiger - 6- had a difficult time adapting to Madrid, but you can see that he will become a solid CB. For some reason can’t adapt to plating with Militao, which should be the best pairing we have.

Nacho - 7- solid bench strength for all 4 defense positions. Likely will renew for another season.

Carvajal - 6 - moments of greatness, but age has taken way his speed and he is at the end of his run. Still has a year on contract, but hopefully next year will be a reduced role with club acquiring a solid alternative.

Mendy - 4 - offers nothing offensively and injured much of season. I would like to see him gone, but I read today from an Ancelotti interview that Carlo has confidence in him.

Lucas - 5- he is effectively a squad bench player and has one more year on contract. He is better as a forward reserve than RB.

Odriozola - 2- taking up a squad spot that should be used for a competent RB

Vallejo - 2 - taking up a squad spot that should be used for LB - likely Fran

Courtois - 9 - best portero in the world!

Lunin - 6- appears club is trying to send him elsewhere to afford him opportunity to play and develop. Contract is running down, so a move may be permanent!

Possible Incoming:

Birmingham
CF - search is now on, will take Mariano’s spot.
Fran Garcia - will take Vallejo’s spot
RB - will take Odriozola’s spot
GK - taking over Lunin’s role
RW - we need Hazard to leave to pursue this or departures of Asensio, Ceballos and Brahim i.e. there is a squad numbers issue to get the RW we all seem to want.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sun May 21, 2023 7:57 pm

I agree with all your ratings except for some minor tweaks. I would change hazard and Marianos ratings. Hazard came here for 100 million. People campaigned for him based on his Chelsea career, total miss. A 3 is too high, did absolutely nothing this season same as since he got here. Even james was better taking into account his first season.

I would give Mariano a 3. Unlike hazard, he was signed to sit on the bench, not complain and drink coffee. Those are the kind of back up forwards madrid wants these days. When you're signed to do that, it's very hard for you to take advantage of the little game time you get. A 3 is pretty fair, I mean I don't know what we expected of him tbh.

I would give thibu a 7.5 or an 8. I reserve anything above 8 for at the minimum a Liga title winning season
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sun May 21, 2023 8:17 pm

I don’t disagree with you Tito esp, Hazard. With Mariano, it it he who had stopped any forward reinforcements with him rejecting any moves, and there were a few. And with Courtois he simply has been outstanding!

I would change Mendy rating after today! It should be an embarrassment to him that he got replaced by a wrong footed forward with 5 minutes left in game (actually turned out to be 15 to 20 minutes). Hopefully Carlos now sees him for what he isn’t!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Mon May 22, 2023 8:13 pm

I completely agree with Bill's assessment of our players. I hope Rodrygo continues to improve and nails down that RW spot next season. He does have a good head on his shoulders, which is ironically what Vinicius has been lacking from the start.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon May 22, 2023 8:26 pm

I agree with @Bill. I would like @tito change Hazard's rating to 0. Remember the copa game. He deserves nothing above 0. I also agree that anything above 8 should be for a title winning team. Tibu still has problems saving shots at his near post. Teams will start shooting to his nearpost more often now that they know it's his weak spot.

The only 3 players who come out of this season with positivity are Tibu, Camavinga and Vini. The rest are either excused or should gtfo like yesterday.

Carlo is a great man manager but man he needs better tactics than pass to Vini/Benz and hope for the best, especially when we play teams who bunker up.
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Tue May 23, 2023 12:43 am

Thimmy wrote:I completely agree with Bill's assessment of our players. I hope Rodrygo continues to improve and nails down that RW spot next season. He does have a good head on his shoulders, which is ironically what Vinicius has been lacking from the start.

Vini has a good head on his shoulders (knock on wood). He is the most entertaining player on the team, he is someone a lot of fans tune in to watch. And for someone with his style who you'd think would hog the ball, he dishes out loads of assists and passes.

Is his style abrasive? Yes. But so was ronaldinho's, Robinho, neymar etc....but that's on the opposing defenders who react crazy to getting dribbled. I remember a player even biting his head cos he dribbled him during the derby. Weird cos ronaldinho had a more abrasive style and his opponents hardly complained. Maybe it's cos vini plays for madrid.
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Tue May 23, 2023 12:49 am

The only complaint I've heard against vini by his teammates was when benzema got mad at him for not passing during his second season. And I think that year vini was still high on our assist charts. We don't hear any off pitch scandals (yet), we don't hear any arguments with teammates or missing training or getting "injured" on his sister's birthday (lol). I'd say so far there's nothing to suggest he doesn't have a good head on the shoulders.

We can't possibly say "hey vini stop dribbling the opponents, they don't like it". Whenever we get an 'o'le' these days it's probably from the kid.
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Clutch Tue May 23, 2023 6:02 am

Too add on to tito, vini is probably the most entertaining footballer in the world right now and having him change anything would be the wrong move. He can be temperamental but he's what 22 23 years old? He's still young

Clutch
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Tue May 23, 2023 9:38 am

titosantill wrote:
Thimmy wrote:I completely agree with Bill's assessment of our players. I hope Rodrygo continues to improve and nails down that RW spot next season. He does have a good head on his shoulders, which is ironically what Vinicius has been lacking from the start.

Vini has a good head on his shoulders (knock on wood). He is the most entertaining player on the team, he is someone a lot of fans tune in to watch. And for someone with his style who you'd think would hog the ball, he dishes out loads of assists and passes.

Is his style abrasive? Yes. But so was ronaldinho's, Robinho, neymar etc....but that's on the opposing defenders who react crazy to getting dribbled. I remember a player even biting his head cos he dribbled him during the derby. Weird cos ronaldinho had a more abrasive style and his opponents hardly complained. Maybe it's cos vini plays for madrid.

I'm referring to his decision-making on the pitch, which is often suspect. Sports called him a headless chicken, I see a player with a lot of flair and technique who seems to have a slower development when it comes to making the right decisions, at the right time.

We've been heavily linked to Jude Bellingham, who's a couple of years younger and has shown maturity well beyond his years with his decision-making, ever since he was 17 years old. There's a stark contrast there. Personally, I think all of the other players you mentioned were more mature than him in that area, even when they were young. Yes, he provides flair and he's been one of, if not our most outstanding player this season, I'm not taking that away from him, but I do see it as a flaw in his game that he has plenty of room to improve on.

The head biting incident occurred while he was playing for Castilla, didn't it? Not that it matters, I just can't remember if he had joined our first team yet when that happened.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Tue May 23, 2023 3:22 pm

Vini's decision isn't even an issue right now more than any other footballer. No player has perfect decision making.

The only area Vini needs to improve on is his scoring stats. 23 goals is fine and all but we need him to be scoring at least 30 goals a season. But 20+ goals and 20+ asissts is hard to match for any player out there right now.

I hope he makes another leap next season where he becomes a stone cold finisher. I think it's achievable, just need to get some power on his shots and shoot more in general.
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Tue May 23, 2023 11:17 pm

Yes, i agree 100% hala. i would like him to score more goals, especially in the league. Two to three players registering 20 plus league goals would be ideal for me. Unless its some of those messi led barca sides which had multiple scorers, madrid having at least two guys who can consistently get us 20 plus la liga goals, and maybe another who can get us 15 liga goals, can be helpful to our league campaign. Our second scorer at 10 league goals doesnt cut it for me.
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 39 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 39  Next