Sina
Thimmy
The Demon of Carthage
Myesyats
Firenze
47 posters

Page 32 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours and News 2019 - Page 32 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours and News 2019

Post by CBarca Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:31 am

Mr Nick09 wrote:Did Spurs really upgrade? If they want to reach that elite level they needed new attackers not new midfielders. They didn't sign any. Are Alli and Son going to become world class players? Doubt it

Arsenal are the big winner of this Mercato even with their Wonky defense

Eh?

1. Son is world class and I don't think anyone can say otherwise after his form the last two seasons

2. The biggest problem with Spurs last season was the midfield. Sissoko was a starter. Dier, plagued by injuries and regressing every year, rotated in. As did Wanyama who has glass knees that probably wouldn't allow him to pass a medical. Winks was the standout midfielder. Dembele left after playing like 5 games last season.

Lo Celso and N'dombele are huge.

However I agree that Spurs haven't had the amazing window people thought. The luck Spurs had in the CL is papering over the cracks of the Spurs squad from last year. Spurs got what, 71 points? And Spurs never covered the clearest weak link in the team - right back.

If Eriksen leaves, Spurs have effectively replaced Dembele and Eriksen with N'dombele and Lo Celso. Then added Sessegnon, and lost Trippier.

You can argue that's a great window. It's not bad, especially since the team was a pretty good one last year. And to be sure, as I mentioned earlier in this thread, Lo Celso and N'dombele are both more dynamic from a dribbling perspective than Dembele/Eriksen, especially going up the pitch. That's something spurs needed.

But I don't think Spurs have had as amazing a window ad people will say. With Dybala? Historic for Spurs. Without? It was good. But Spurs need depth and buying 4 players (with 1 loaned out) while losing Trippier and Llorente is not a way to build it. It gets worse if Eriksen leaves.

CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours and News 2019 - Page 32 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours and News 2019

Post by CBarca Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:36 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:You don't need to replace him if you're not going to sell him which you won't now.
he can be sold to non-english teams until september. levy would prefer to sell now for cheap than to let him walk for free in june

I like how you phrase this like i don't know lol.

But no club who is trying to win things is selling a important player after they can't buy anyone to replace him with.

The rationalization will be that Lo Celso was the replacement.

I just can't see Levy letting Eriksen go for free. If tottenham aren't sure they can get at least an extension for a year or something from Eriksen, i put my money on Eriksen leaving. Of course, he does need suitors. I think there is a decent chance that Levy doesn't let him go for cheap, and that could be a stumbling block for sure
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Fri Aug 09, 2019 6:22 am

Have to really commend Arsenal here. Excellent window for you people. Excited to see how Tierney performs. Anyway wish we had a DoF as well. :facepalm:

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:32 am

I think Lo Celso is getting overhyped. He will be good because Spurs' midfield sucked, he isn't huge by any means though.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:33 am

Firenze wrote:
Mr Nick09 wrote:Did Spurs really upgrade? If they want to reach that elite level they needed new attackers not new midfielders. They didn't sign any. Are Alli and Son going to become world class players? Doubt it

Son is already world class and better than anyone in your starting 11 lol the fuck you talking about Nicholas?

put some respect on Sonaldo's name

absolute state of the window when ppl are saying Arsenal are the big winners ffs

OAP SideShow Bob, Cellulite and the French Suso ffs

Basically no one else did anything relevant.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:55 am

RIP @Hapless_Hans
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:50 am

CBarca wrote:

Eh?

1. Son is world class and I don't think anyone can say otherwise after his form the last two seasons

https://i.servimg.com/u/f30/18/98/14/06/bildsc11.png

Clown.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:16 am

Here they come, face saving bs has started. Proud

Last edited by Glory on Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:17 am; edited 1 time in total

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:16 am

Authentic Kenny Daglish season nostalgic scenes here.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:20 am

rincon wrote:I think Lo Celso is getting overhyped. He will be good because Spurs' midfield sucked, he isn't huge by any means though.

He's Argentinian as well so I'd expect to be let down by him.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:23 am

I am pretty sure he is trying to emulate his 'boss'. Trying to create yet another class of 92. Stuck in the past, this club and its people. :facepalm:

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:15 am

Glory wrote:I am pretty sure he is trying to emulate his 'boss'. Trying to create yet another class of 92. Stuck in the past, this club and its people. :facepalm:

He said he still had his eyes on a couple of players, when he was interviewed by the Norwegian press after your match against Kristiansund. Even ahead of the transfer window, he said he was hoping they'd wrap things up before the pre-season started. What's happened doesn't quite match up with his public statements. Don't let me stop you from speculating, though Razz
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:06 am

Why United did not sign a Romelu Lukaku replacement

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer says Manchester United did not recruit a replacement for Romelu Lukaku in order to prioritise the development of Mason Greenwood.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/man-utd-transfers-lukaku-greenwood-16726213

Pretty bold move. If it is actually true, then fair enough. Might as well see how good the lad is before criticising the decision.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:20 am

Thimmy wrote:
Glory wrote:I am pretty sure he is trying to emulate his 'boss'. Trying to create yet another class of 92. Stuck in the past, this club and its people. :facepalm:

He said he still had his eyes on a couple of players, when he was interviewed by the Norwegian press after your match against Kristiansund. Even ahead of the transfer window, he said he was hoping they'd wrap things up before the pre-season started. What's happened doesn't quite match up with his public statements. Don't let me stop you from speculating, though Razz

Yea but who were those players? Its highly likely they were British. Like Lonstaff and all. So, my point stands, that is he is trying too hard to be the next Sir Alex. Fergie used to buy from within the league most of the time.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Aug 09, 2019 12:02 pm

rincon wrote:I think Lo Celso is getting overhyped. He will be good because Spurs' midfield sucked, he isn't huge by any means though.

It's all relative lol, nobody saying he's amazing but it's a big upgrade on what they had.

Spurs midfield has been crap for years. They've been playing combinations of Dier, Wanyama, Winks, Sissoko etc etc ffs.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Fri Aug 09, 2019 12:34 pm

Glory wrote:

Here they come, face saving bs has started. Proud

Isnt this what you wanted? Tuanzebe, Chong, Greenwood etc

Swear, United fans are the most insufferable fanbase
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Fri Aug 09, 2019 12:54 pm

Yea but we insufferable lot are not fools to believe it. They are not going to use any of them bar may be Greenwood in some games. Gomes wont get a look in at all barring may be in a couple of domestic cups because 1) we have like 4 players who play in his position 2) cos he is supposedly not physically ready. Tuanzebe same, 6 CBs ahead of him. Even fking Rojo is ahead of him Laughing Chong lol no.

As I said they posted this shit cos they have no other alternative here. They know United fans have a hardon for academy players. Hence to cover their mess of pathetically failing in bringing players, they are creating this narrative and making us believe all of that was intentional. Proud

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri Aug 09, 2019 1:38 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:

It's all relative lol, nobody saying he's amazing but it's a big upgrade on what they had.

Spurs midfield has been crap for years. They've been playing combinations of Dier, Wanyama, Winks, Sissoko etc etc ffs.

Yeah I don't think it's overhyping to say that he's huge for Spurs. He's more than twice as good than any of these players. I don't think anyone is saying that he's an insane player all on his own. He's a good midfielder but not top class. Maybe he'll grow into that
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Aug 09, 2019 1:39 pm

@CBarca, Son is not world class, I don't know what you are talking about like it's so obvious no it's not lmao. He is coming off his first legit season playing near elite footy. He needs 2 or 3 like that first.

Also, spurs are gonna lose Eriksen whom they replaced by Lo Celso so the only "upgrade" is Ndombele, and I use quotation because as much as I like Ndombele he is not a playmaker or a game changer. Same can be said about Lo Celso who is a downgrade to Eriksen. If Spurs wanted to make a leap they needed to sign a top level forward to help their offense.

These signings are mainly cosmetic to me.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Fri Aug 09, 2019 1:54 pm

Even if Son has another couple of seasons like the last one he's not world class tbh. I really like him but come on now. Talking about world class forwards we're talking about players like (Messi), Kommander, Neymar, Salah etc. and Son just isn't that good.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Fri Aug 09, 2019 2:18 pm

What rating on FIFA is the threshold for world class
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Fri Aug 09, 2019 2:54 pm

Football Manager 175+ potential imo

Remember when everyone here played Football Manager and pretended to know everything about every player in detail while actually just knowing FM stats. Good times.

Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Fri Aug 09, 2019 2:57 pm

Also wikipedia, I remember having an argument about the Pirlo transfer to Milan with some Milan fan, and I knew he was gonna go to wikipedia so I edited the page and wrote that that transfer included 17 tons of spaghetti or something for Moratti's restaurant, and he deadass came back and told me to STFU because we sold Pirlo for spaghetti to them.
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:07 pm

Vibe wrote:Football Manager 175+ potential imo

Remember when everyone here played Football Manager and pretended to know everything about every player in detail while actually just knowing FM stats. Good times.

Nothing has changed with me in that regard tbh. FM is life
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:57 pm

I don't play anymore tbh.

Point is we were all barely 20 pretending to have watched every single football game in every league since the 1960's, despite actually having watched 15 games tops in top 3 leagues for 3 seasons.
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:13 pm

Why is everyone is assuming Eriksen will go? There's literally no indications of such.

Even if he does next summer for nothing, that has nothing to do this summer or this season.

Also i love how Nick is literally incapable of seeing relative improvement and applies his dumb expectations for Real Madrid for everyone.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 32 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next