The Official Final Fantasy thread

Page 9 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

The Official Final Fantasy thread - Page 9 Empty Re: The Official Final Fantasy thread

Post by Thimmy on Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:30 pm

@RealGunner wrote:I'll PM you thimmy unless you want the discussion to be public?




There’s no need for a discussion. You said what needed to be said, which is that our members need to stop expecting that the moderators will hold their hands when things get scary. Just wanted to applaud you for saying it, as the message doesn’t seem to come across when I say it. As for Unique, if people want to insist that I’m his best friend, like they insist that I have a huge bias for Ole, then it doesn’t matter what I say anyway Smile

Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Posts : 10602
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

The Official Final Fantasy thread - Page 9 Empty Re: The Official Final Fantasy thread

Post by BarrileteCosmico on Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:13 pm

12 hours to go bounce

Got Friday and Monday off so I know what I'll be doing haha

_________________
The Official Final Fantasy thread - Page 9 TRAPOBIELSA
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : River Plate
Posts : 25585
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 30

Back to top Go down

The Official Final Fantasy thread - Page 9 Empty Re: The Official Final Fantasy thread

Post by rincon on Thu Apr 09, 2020 6:00 pm

Out at midnight, I think I won't play it tonight (if I can resist). Going to be hard to focus on working from home on Friday when I know I have the game 2 meters away from me.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 14388
Join date : 2012-06-07

Back to top Go down

The Official Final Fantasy thread - Page 9 Empty Re: The Official Final Fantasy thread

Post by Thimmy on Fri Apr 10, 2020 4:54 am

Never thought I’d say this, but I’m actually enjoying the combat system, so far. Midgard looks great. The music seems to have more of an orchestric «oomph» to it, which I personally appreciate. I’m not a huge fan of the English voice acting overall, but that was expected - at least, that’s my initial reaction.

Cloud is alright, and Barrett sounds great, but Wedge seems kind of awkward. Other than that, I can’t remember the last time a video game made me smile this much. I don’t know if it’s the game itself, the power of nostalgia, or both.

_________________
The Official Final Fantasy thread - Page 9 1577400459_125840_1577471755_noticia_normal
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 10602
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

The Official Final Fantasy thread - Page 9 Empty Re: The Official Final Fantasy thread

Post by RealGunner on Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:04 am

Does the combat makes you feel that you are in danger? have you come close to dying?

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 86445
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

The Official Final Fantasy thread - Page 9 Empty Re: The Official Final Fantasy thread

Post by rincon on Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:23 pm

Played just the opening 20-30 minutes or so, happy that it wasn't just like the demo so it still was exciting and surprising.

Same thoughts as before but better with these new surprises. Looks and feels gorgeous, the new cinematic style of it and the orchestral music are very promising.

They really captured how we (or I as a kid) would imagine FF7 instead of of how it really was. Back then looking at the lego blocks character you would imagine it being like it is in this game now.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 14388
Join date : 2012-06-07

Back to top Go down

The Official Final Fantasy thread - Page 9 Empty Re: The Official Final Fantasy thread

Post by BarrileteCosmico on Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:07 pm

I was working until 2am last night, but I booted it up anyways and just listening to the intro music on the welcome screen brought all kinds of feelings back. Nostalgia is a powerful tool.

_________________
The Official Final Fantasy thread - Page 9 TRAPOBIELSA
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : River Plate
Posts : 25585
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 30

Back to top Go down

The Official Final Fantasy thread - Page 9 Empty Re: The Official Final Fantasy thread

Post by rincon on Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:19 pm

Same. Listened to the Prelude on the title screen for a bit and my gf was like wtf are you doing Laughing
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 14388
Join date : 2012-06-07

Back to top Go down

The Official Final Fantasy thread - Page 9 Empty Re: The Official Final Fantasy thread

Post by Thimmy on Fri Apr 10, 2020 3:54 pm

@RealGunner wrote:Does the combat makes you feel that you are in danger? have you come close to dying?



Well, I’m playing on normal. That seems to be the hardest difficulty setting, for some reason. There’s also an easy mode for Firenze. I haven’t died yet, but I’ve been close to it, and I’m chugging down potions despite not really having faced any of the notably hard bosses. It might just be because I’m still trying to adapt to how fighting works. The grenadier mobs are annoying as hell when you get surrounded.

I like that the combat is more fast paced, but you can still slow things down by pressing X and plan your next move. I suck at dodging. Either it doesn’t respond quickly enough when I’m trying to dodge while halfway through the motion of swinging my sword, or I simply can’t move far away enough from explosions or whatever it may be.

_________________
The Official Final Fantasy thread - Page 9 1577400459_125840_1577471755_noticia_normal
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 10602
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

The Official Final Fantasy thread - Page 9 Empty Re: The Official Final Fantasy thread

Post by RealGunner on Fri Apr 10, 2020 6:36 pm

@Thimmy wrote:
@RealGunner wrote:Does the combat makes you feel that you are in danger? have you come close to dying?



Well, I’m playing on normal. That seems to be the hardest difficulty setting, for some reason. There’s also an easy mode for Firenze. I haven’t died yet, but I’ve been close to it, and I’m chugging down potions despite not really having faced any of the notably hard bosses. It might just be because I’m still trying to adapt to how fighting works. The grenadier mobs are annoying as hell when you get surrounded.

I like that the combat is more fast paced, but you can still slow things down by pressing X and plan your next move. I suck at dodging. Either it doesn’t respond quickly enough when I’m trying to dodge while halfway through the motion of swinging my sword, or I simply can’t move far away enough from explosions or whatever it may be.


Saw an article saying easy mode is too easy and is mainly for those who wants to enjoy the story with minimal effort in fighting. makes no sense but i guess it sells.

One of the biggest issues many people have with the last few FF games is how you are pretty much safe the entire game. It wasn't the case before FF10 games as game over was always a real possibility. I hope they haven't designed another press x to win.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 86445
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

The Official Final Fantasy thread - Page 9 Empty Re: The Official Final Fantasy thread

Post by RealGunner on Fri Apr 10, 2020 6:37 pm



DLC confirmed
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 86445
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

The Official Final Fantasy thread - Page 9 Empty Re: The Official Final Fantasy thread

Post by rincon on Fri Apr 10, 2020 6:45 pm

@RealGunner wrote:
@Thimmy wrote:
@RealGunner wrote:Does the combat makes you feel that you are in danger? have you come close to dying?



Well, I’m playing on normal. That seems to be the hardest difficulty setting, for some reason. There’s also an easy mode for Firenze. I haven’t died yet, but I’ve been close to it, and I’m chugging down potions despite not really having faced any of the notably hard bosses. It might just be because I’m still trying to adapt to how fighting works. The grenadier mobs are annoying as hell when you get surrounded.

I like that the combat is more fast paced, but you can still slow things down by pressing X and plan your next move. I suck at dodging. Either it doesn’t respond quickly enough when I’m trying to dodge while halfway through the motion of swinging my sword, or I simply can’t move far away enough from explosions or whatever it may be.


Saw an article saying easy mode is too easy and is mainly for those who wants to enjoy the story with minimal effort in fighting. makes no sense but i guess it sells.

One of the biggest issues many people have with the last few FF games is how you are pretty much safe the entire game. It wasn't the case before FF10 games as game over was always a real possibility. I hope they haven't designed another press x to win.

FFXII was harder than X or VIII by a long distance. FFXIII as well I thought was a harder than those two.

I think they were never that hard, we were just young. Unless go to the really old ones, FFIII is a VERY different level of challenge.

Apparently once you beat the remake you unlock hard mode. I see that they want to do it that way for replayability but ffs I would have loved hard mode from the start.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 14388
Join date : 2012-06-07

Back to top Go down

The Official Final Fantasy thread - Page 9 Empty Re: The Official Final Fantasy thread

Post by Thimmy on Fri Apr 10, 2020 6:48 pm

@RealGunner wrote:

DLC confirmed


That’s pretty cool. Don’t know if I’ll get Doom Eternal anytime soon, though. I just experienced my first death in FF7R. There’s a certain rabid dog in the slums that fked me up. Granted, it mostly happened because I was cheap with potions. I’m still enjoying the game, but the (largely skippable) sidequests in the slums remind me of FF 15, and that’s not a good thing - so I skipped the ones that didn’t have to do with killing stuff.

It’s not a dealbreaker at all, but when I played the original FF7, I imagined that everything in Midgard had a mostly dark and somewhat gloomy tone to it. That’s not the case with FF7R. Everything seems relatively cheerful, there’s FF 15- like country music playing around the street vendors, and the English voice acting made things feel a bit slapstick. I went hipster mode and switched it to Japanese.

_________________
The Official Final Fantasy thread - Page 9 1577400459_125840_1577471755_noticia_normal
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 10602
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

The Official Final Fantasy thread - Page 9 Empty Re: The Official Final Fantasy thread

Post by rincon on Sat Apr 11, 2020 7:30 pm

Ridiculously good looking game

The Official Final Fantasy thread - Page 9 20200410
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 14388
Join date : 2012-06-07

Back to top Go down

The Official Final Fantasy thread - Page 9 Empty Re: The Official Final Fantasy thread

Post by Thimmy on Sat Apr 11, 2020 7:38 pm

Yeah, the game looks great. There's a part where you find yourself inside one of the avalanche member's house outside of the slums, and I couldn't help but notice how smooth the texture of everything looks inside of it. The coat rack and everything just looks so shiny and nice Razz How far have you gotten, Rincon? I'm about 10 hours in. Gonna continue tonight.

_________________
The Official Final Fantasy thread - Page 9 1577400459_125840_1577471755_noticia_normal
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 10602
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

The Official Final Fantasy thread - Page 9 Empty Re: The Official Final Fantasy thread

Post by rincon on Sat Apr 11, 2020 8:41 pm

Im just 3 hours in.

Loving it so far. Very clear from the start that this is going in a different direction, or at least taking a different path, than the original ff7. It is what I wanted  more than to just replay a game I already knew, but I can imagine the intense reaction that these changes will trigger on fanboys.

Just at the start but its obvious that a lot of care went into this game. So many details and so much attention to the small things. The music is a highlight too.

Liking the battle system so far. I havent had a full party of 3 yet so I cant definitely how I'll like it.

Love to see the "life" of Midgar. Feels particularly topical to hear these NPCs I just passed by complain that (Avalanche) should reimburse their lost wages due to the business they lost following the reactor incident Laughing
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 14388
Join date : 2012-06-07

Back to top Go down

The Official Final Fantasy thread - Page 9 Empty Re: The Official Final Fantasy thread

Post by rincon on Sat Apr 11, 2020 11:27 pm

I like the humor and the dialogue so far.

Cloud telling Tifa "I dont have time for this shit" and a shopkeeper calling him a "punk ass bitch" Laughing

Having just watched El Camino 3 days ago I immediately noticed Badger does the voice of Wedge, kind funny to hear him call "Jessie"
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 14388
Join date : 2012-06-07

Back to top Go down

The Official Final Fantasy thread - Page 9 Empty Re: The Official Final Fantasy thread

Post by Thimmy on Sat Apr 11, 2020 11:36 pm

Yeah, I like some of the dialogue and random comments. After switching to Japanese, I’ve noticed that Barret seems to talk a lot less, but Tifa seems to talk more when you’re just walking around.

Anyway, to answer RG’s earlier question, fighting isn’t easy in this game. I only recently learned that Cloud’s block and counter ability is key to surviving against certain enemies when you play as him. Tifa seems to have the highest normal damage output, and I keep forgetting to switch to Barret against enemies that he seems able to stagger more easily than Cloud and Tifa can.

There’s a tactical element here that I definitely haven’t been using to it’s full potential, and my gung-ho approach with Cloud’s Punisher mode and Tifa is burning through my potions Razz

_________________
The Official Final Fantasy thread - Page 9 1577400459_125840_1577471755_noticia_normal
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 10602
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

The Official Final Fantasy thread - Page 9 Empty Re: The Official Final Fantasy thread

Post by BarrileteCosmico on Sun Apr 12, 2020 12:49 am

@rincon wrote:Having just watched El Camino 3 days ago I immediately noticed Badger does the voice of Wedge, kind funny to hear him call "Jessie"

Mind blown but I see it now

Can someone remind me if this is a change or if it was always this way? It's been a while since I played


end of first mission:

Was the bomb always a dud and then then Shinra president had to finish up exploding it? I don't remember it being that way but like I said it's been a while.

If it wasn't that way, I wonder what game Shinra is playing at

About 4-5 hours in, just finished the Jessie mission

_________________
The Official Final Fantasy thread - Page 9 TRAPOBIELSA
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : River Plate
Posts : 25585
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 30

Back to top Go down

The Official Final Fantasy thread - Page 9 Empty Re: The Official Final Fantasy thread

Post by rincon on Sun Apr 12, 2020 1:06 am

Spoiler:
i thought the bomb wasnt a dud, just that it wasnt supposed to be so absurdly big as to destroy the surrounding sector. Then ShinRa kind of cut their losses by self destructing the whole thing to get the city on their side and against Avalanche.

That was my interpretation, them using the incident as a tool to their advantage with regards to Midgar. Avalanche comes out as even more extremist mercenaries and ShinRa comes out as saviors.

Cant remember what the specifics were with the bomb in the original
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 14388
Join date : 2012-06-07

Back to top Go down

The Official Final Fantasy thread - Page 9 Empty Re: The Official Final Fantasy thread

Post by Thimmy on Sun Apr 12, 2020 11:01 pm

The further I go through the game, the more I realize that the only thing that’s truly reminiscent of the original, is the music. It’s a linear, more polished FF-15 with a Final Fantasy 7 skin. It ain’t that bad, it’s certainly a lot better than FF-15. I’ve been enjoying it, so far and I’m already looking forward to the next one.

I can’t honestly say that I don’t have some issues with it, though. I’m not the biggest fan of the few walking simulator moments, and it feels like certain parts drag on more than necessary, presumably for the sake of making the game longer.

Like you alluded to in your post, Rincon, the most hardcore fans of the original will undoubtedly have issues with the director’s creative liberties in this game. It would’ve been a safer option to just stick to the original content and not add to it much. They’ve definitely taken some risks in that regard.

Spoiler:
Personally, I feel like they should’ve stuck with the original music as much as possible. I fondly remember playing through the second Mako reactor bombing mission in the original game, and suddenly realizing how much the music added immersion to the experience. Well, this is a minor spoiler - they replaced that music with a generic, «tense battle theme» was quite anti-climatic from my point of view. Granted, I do like the mellow, acoustic tune that plays when you visit Aerith’s orphanage for the second time. It’s another FF-15 type song, but it’s one of the better ones, in my opinion. It sets the appropriate mood nicely.


Last edited by Thimmy on Sun Apr 12, 2020 11:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

_________________
The Official Final Fantasy thread - Page 9 1577400459_125840_1577471755_noticia_normal
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 10602
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

The Official Final Fantasy thread - Page 9 Empty Re: The Official Final Fantasy thread

Post by BarrileteCosmico on Sun Apr 12, 2020 11:07 pm

Yeah I just finished the 2nd reactor mission and some parts definitely dragged. I have no problem with "filler" when it expands on the characters or the setting and it feels like new content, but when it's just "take a long time to go through these subway tunnels and platforms" it felt like filler.

_________________
The Official Final Fantasy thread - Page 9 TRAPOBIELSA
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : River Plate
Posts : 25585
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 30

Back to top Go down

The Official Final Fantasy thread - Page 9 Empty Re: The Official Final Fantasy thread

Post by Thimmy on Sun Apr 12, 2020 11:17 pm

Exactly. There are a few of those filler moments, where they restrict your ability to run, and you just pick flowers or something. I imagine few people will appreciate those.

_________________
The Official Final Fantasy thread - Page 9 1577400459_125840_1577471755_noticia_normal
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 10602
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

The Official Final Fantasy thread - Page 9 Empty Re: The Official Final Fantasy thread

Post by Thimmy on Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:33 pm

Man, the Andrea Rodea minigame is some cringy, poor man’s Yakuza crap that looks really out of place in this game. Scratch that, the entire Honeybee Inn part is just awkward, and not at all in a good way, in my opinion.

_________________
The Official Final Fantasy thread - Page 9 1577400459_125840_1577471755_noticia_normal
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 10602
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

The Official Final Fantasy thread - Page 9 Empty Re: The Official Final Fantasy thread

Post by rincon on Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:33 am

@Thimmy wrote:The further I go through the game, the more I realize that the only thing that’s truly reminiscent of the original, is the music. It’s a linear, more polished FF-15 with a Final Fantasy 7 skin. It ain’t that bad, it’s certainly a lot better than FF-15. I’ve been enjoying it, so far and I’m already looking forward to the next one.

I can’t honestly say that I don’t have some issues with it, though. I’m not the biggest fan of the few walking simulator moments, and it feels like certain parts drag on more than necessary, presumably for the sake of making the game longer.

Like you alluded to in your post, Rincon, the most hardcore fans of the original will undoubtedly have issues with the director’s creative liberties in this game. It would’ve been a safer option to just stick to the original content and not add to it much. They’ve definitely taken some risks in that regard.

Spoiler:
Personally, I feel like they should’ve stuck with the original music as much as possible. I fondly remember playing through the second Mako reactor bombing mission in the original game, and suddenly realizing how much the music added immersion to the experience. Well, this is a minor spoiler - they replaced that music with a generic, «tense battle theme» was quite anti-climatic from my point of view. Granted, I do like the mellow, acoustic tune that plays when you visit Aerith’s orphanage for the second time. It’s another FF-15 type song, but it’s one of the better ones, in my opinion. It sets the appropriate mood nicely.
Can't agree with this being similar to FFXV or not being reminiscent of FF7, although some things are just about wanting to do the same game again or not. For me there is much less value in doing a remaster than a proper remake. My experience so far in this game is excellent, certainly a better Midgar than the original, the amount of added depth to the story and characters so far is amazing, much more than I was expecting. A lot of FF7 is very outdated by today's standards, this game (so far) is how I wished the starting section of FF7 was like when looking at the old lego characters in the OG game.

Everything about it is FF7, so much attention to flesh out the world taken from the original and from the compilation games. Even the dialogue and the humor, it feels like the development team went deep into trying to find what moments or pieces of dialogue people would like to see, without going overboard. Had to laugh at Aerith asking Cloud to "mosey". They nailed the characters and the dynamic. Only things that haven't worked for me are Roche, by far the worst thing in the game, and young Tifa's cowgirl attire. I get that some fans would have been angry to not have Tifa dressed the same, but she just looked like a stripper in that scene with proper 3D realistic graphics Laughing
very mild spoilers from the first 7 chapters or so:
Actually seeing the larger Avalanche, seeing ShinRa/Midgar so much more closely, seeing the effects of our actions on the city, as well as how ShinRa responds has been great. Biggs, Wedge, and Jessie are great. This more developed version of them reminds me of Tantalus from FFIX where you had Blanc, Marcus and Cinna in your party at times and they were an important part of the story. Before those 3 were just random NPCs, can't really remember anything of the Avalanche crew besides "they were on Avalance".

The fight with the Airbuster was awesome, best one so far. The bosses have been a highlight, Scorption, the crab one, Airbuster and Reno have all been great.
From gameplay stuff, really enjoying the battle system. Nothing to do with FFXV or Kingdom Hearts. This is the right mix of action and turn based for me. They finally nailed it. More difficult than past games, really fun. The materia system is intact, and on top of it they added the weapon upgrade system which is feeling great with making character builds. Only gameplay complaint I have is the handholding in some areas where they warn you if you missed some materia, just less us miss it.

Enjoying it a lot so far.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 14388
Join date : 2012-06-07

Back to top Go down

The Official Final Fantasy thread - Page 9 Empty Re: The Official Final Fantasy thread

Post by rincon on Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:02 am

I'm only have just joined Aerith, going back to Sector 7.

I think you guys are further ahead right? @thimmy @BarrileteCosmico
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 14388
Join date : 2012-06-07

Back to top Go down

The Official Final Fantasy thread - Page 9 Empty Re: The Official Final Fantasy thread

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum