Great Leader Sprucenuce
Firenze
rincon
RealGunner
Thimmy
21 posters

Page 8 of 16 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 16  Next

Go down

The Official Final Fantasy thread - Page 8 Empty Re: The Official Final Fantasy thread

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:23 pm

Aren't we all familiar with the story anyways?

BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

The Official Final Fantasy thread - Page 8 Empty Re: The Official Final Fantasy thread

Post by M99 Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:39 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Aren't we all familiar with the story anyways?

Yeah pretty much.

Spoiler:

And even those who don't know anything about the story won't get spoiled by the trailer because they won't understand the scenes. Like they won't know the significance of the character teased in the end.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:49 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Aren't we all familiar with the story anyways?

Yes but its still not ideal to see exactly how they are doing everything

And from the trailer I can see there seems to be a very significant new plotpoint(?) Or concept
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Apr 04, 2020 9:14 am

Yup there are new twists not in the original game.

This is why i hate most movie/game trailers. No need for 10 trailers.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Apr 06, 2020 12:30 pm

87 on Opencritic so far.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWdx7DhlpxM
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by silver Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:03 pm

So err....how do I buy this game in the middle of Covid lockdown?
silver
silver
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:08 pm

PSN for me so I can download it when it comes out on Friday.

Amazon (and I'm sure others) are doing deliveries but the shipping times are extended here so it won't arrive on time.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:43 pm

I bought the deluxe edition on PSN. Only a few days left Smile

It’s getting some really high praise from journalists.

Final Fantasy VII Remake is a video game experience we only get every once in a while, and it's one of the best titles I've ever had the pleasure of playing."
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:48 pm

Anyone know how big the file is? If I delete RDR2 from my PS4 will I lose all my saves as well or are those kept?
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:57 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Anyone know how big the file is? If I delete RDR2 from my PS4 will I lose all my saves as well or are those kept?

I think I read ~100GB. Apparently you can download it now and then it will be active on friday so that everyone doesn't download at the same time and have to wait for a long time.

Last time I deleted a game was on PS3 and it would keep the game data (saves) unless you deleted that on purpose. Haven't done it on the PS4 but I can't imagine that you will lose your saves.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Apr 06, 2020 2:01 pm

Huh that's pretty neat. Guess I'll download it now too
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Mon Apr 06, 2020 2:22 pm

Yeah just bought it on PSN. My limited french understanding tells me that the download becomes possible 48 hours before launch. So wednesday it will download.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:05 pm

These reviews :bow:

I really want to buy it
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:26 pm

Further newby questions since I don't game all that much, is there a way to buy the game only once, but share between 2 separate accounts on 2 separate playstation users in different countries? Or would the simplest thing be to share the user? Can 2 people be logged in to the same user at the same time?
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:31 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Further newby questions since I don't game all that much, is there a way to buy the game only once, but share between 2 separate accounts on 2 separate playstation users in different countries? Or would the simplest thing be to share the user? Can 2 people be logged in to the same user at the same time?

Share the user, play offline.

That's what I did with the ps3 in different countries to share with family.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:50 pm

Got it, thanks again Thumbs up
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:50 pm

RealGunner wrote:These reviews :bow:

I really want to buy it

Saw the EasyAllies one @M99 posted and read some stuff off of Metacritic :bow:

This was always a day 1 from me (unless it'd be a major screw up) since its "final fantasy" next to single roman numeral, but I didn't expect to be this hyped. While FF7 isn't in my top 3 FF, and Midgar in particular wasn't my favorite part of the game, this "re-imagination" of it has me hyped. I'm looking forward to playing through this new version of it more than playing an exact remake.

Only issue is how much I will want to play through the rest of the FF7 world after this, I hope the wait isn't too long.

Somehow I'd wish they incorporate Crisis Core stuff into this. Zach's story in that game might be my favorite thing FF7 related. Maybe it becomes a bigger part of the next chapter of the remake.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:50 pm

I'll just pretend this comes out in 2021 once I buy a PS5. Sad

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:08 pm

Thimmy wrote:I bought the deluxe edition on PSN. Only a few days left Smile

It’s getting some really high praise from journalists.

Final Fantasy VII Remake is a video game experience we only get every once in a while, and it's one of the best titles I've ever had the pleasure of playing."
If I'm reading this right the Deluxe version includes 2 low summoning materia, a PS theme, and that's it? Not sure if that's worth the 20 bucks more

Oh and it's only Midgard? Guess I've been pretty out of the loop on this one. So they really did spoil all the story in that trailer lmao
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:18 pm

Yea it's just midgar but it's a complete game so doesn't feel like a cliff hanger at the end or anything.

They have changed A LOT so it feels like a new game to the veterans too. Think the game is around 30-40 hours.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:35 pm

A bit disappointed as I thought I was getting the full game, but if it's really 40 hours of high quality content then sure, always wanted to explore more of Midgar

Wonder how they handled Barrett, because the original version was not PC at all (and frankly played on bad stereotypes about black men) and I don't think it would fly much in today's world.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:23 pm

BC: Yes, it’s just the materia. Money isn’t an issue, so I figured I might as well get the deluxe edition.

RG: I’m posting this here since I’ll likely just be hounded by the anti- Unique army in the talk about whatever thread.

I just wanted to have a grounded discussion on the topic of bans, the dwindling forum activity and how some members keep pressuring the mods to take action. No, Unique’s not my friend, whatever that means. I don’t want to marry him, and I’m not his last line of defence because we’re the same race, like EG suggested. To me, Unique was always a bit of a douchebag, but he kept the activity up when he wasn’t talking shit, albeit with some rather silly, often ignorant and repetitive views on political topics.

I clearly didn’t mind him as much as others do. Perhaps, because I feel like if he annoyed me too much, I could simply mute him or avoid talking to him. I must’ve missed his most controversial discussions, because all I ever saw from him in terms of racism was lame stereotypes and poor attempts at racial jokes. That doesn’t necessarily make one a racist, in my view.

Which brings me to your last post in the TAW thread. I think you were spot on in pointing out that we shouldn’t rely on moderators. I tried to make the exact same point, but I think it had to come from you, in order for people to take it seriously. We’re all adults here, I don’t know why some people feel that they need others to protect them. I’ve been around on these forums for longer than most of our members, and I’m slightly worried that we’re slowly but surely heading towards the end of them.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:08 pm

I'll PM you thimmy unless you want the discussion to be public?

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:14 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:A bit disappointed as I thought I was getting the full game, but if it's really 40 hours of high quality content then sure, always wanted to explore more of Midgar

Wonder how they handled Barrett, because the original version was not PC at all (and frankly played on bad stereotypes about black men) and I don't think it would fly much in today's world.

Does not mention Barrett but this review praises the game for making changes that are progressive.

https://kotaku.com/final-fantasy-vii-remake-the-kotaku-review-1842697312

Man if they managed to put out the full game in one it would probably get reviews in the high 90s like the original. The major criticism I am seeing is that the game is padded out with filler. I'm still glad they are pulling it off though. Think it will be three parts, any more will be shameful milking
I would love a episode 0 DLC which remakes Crisis Core.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:28 pm

If the game is as good as reviewed, and the next 2(?) Episodes are of the same quality, it will be one epic saga.

I was listening to the soundtrack and there is hype stuff. Of course the original soundtrack is amazing, and the remake hypes it up even more. The boss battle theme is my favorite song from the original soundtrack, forgot what's the actual track name.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:30 pm

RealGunner wrote:I'll PM you thimmy unless you want the discussion to be public?

There’s no need for a discussion. You said what needed to be said, which is that our members need to stop expecting that the moderators will hold their hands when things get scary. Just wanted to applaud you for saying it, as the message doesn’t seem to come across when I say it. As for Unique, if people want to insist that I’m his best friend, like they insist that I have a huge bias for Ole, then it doesn’t matter what I say anyway Smile
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 16 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 16  Next