Luca
El Gunner
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Freeza
RealGunner
15 posters

Page 23 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 23 Empty Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by El Gunner Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:17 am

Freeza wrote:
Warrior wrote:In NCAA the canadian R.J Barrett established a record of points for a first match in career with Duke.

Hope kings draft him so he can play with Bagley the third, also a Duke alumni and quite a promising player already.

Both Zion and RJ broke the record, set by Bagley last year.

This will go down as the greatest team of all time imo. Can see them going undefeated.

I don't watch college basketball, but I've been hearing the hype and I just don't get why people would react like that after just one game Laughing
How many games are there in an NCAA season? I bet they won't go unbeaten.

El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 23 Empty Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by Vibe Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:18 am

Unfortunately Fraudicans didn't get put in their rightful place today by feeble Bulls
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:22 pm

Vibe wrote:Unfortunately Fraudicans didn't get put in their rightful place today by feeble Bulls

I hope we get many more posts like this tbh.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:37 pm

El Gunner wrote:
Freeza wrote:
Warrior wrote:In NCAA the canadian R.J Barrett established a record of points for a first match in career with Duke.

Hope kings draft him so he can play with Bagley the third, also a Duke alumni and quite a promising player already.

This will go down as the greatest team of all time imo. Can see them going undefeated.

I don't watch college basketball, but I've been hearing the hype and I just don't get why people would react like that after just one game Laughing

It depends but it's about 40.

Kentucky with Booker, KAT, WCS, and Trey Lyles (am I forgetting anyone good?) Went 38-1 against WISCONSIN lead by Dekker and Kaminsky in one of the great college basketball games of all time. Kentucky would have gone 40-0 probably, as that was the NCAA semifinal (UW went on to lose to Duke lead by Jahlil Okafor and Justice Winslow, who fuckin touched it btw, in the final).
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:31 pm

El Gunner wrote:
Freeza wrote:

They have all the top three picks in the draft.

Pummelled the second best recruiting class.

It’s just unfair all around
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:17 pm

It's too early to say they'll go undefeated. It's not too early to expect that they probably could/will go undefeated.

Their talent is just incredible. Duke's recruiting ability right now is dumb and has been the last couple years. Kentucky too.

Every top player just wants to be at those two programs. Even teams like Kansas and UNC seem like steps down at this point.

Herro from Kentucky literally committed to Wisconsin, then decommitted to go to Kentucky. Piece of shit
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:30 pm

CBarca wrote:It's too early to say they'll go undefeated. It's not too early to expect that they probably could/will go undefeated.

Their talent is just incredible. Duke's recruiting ability right now is dumb and has been the last couple years. Kentucky too.

Every top player just wants to be at those two programs. Even teams like Kansas and UNC seem like steps down at this point.

Herro from Kentucky literally committed to Wisconsin, then decommitted to go to Kentucky. Piece of shit

It’s not too early. If we wait any longer there’s nothing impressive in predicting it.

It’s gonna be a disappointment if they don’t go undefeated as they should blow out every team with the talent they have
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:20 pm

Who's the third guy after Zion and RJ?
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:53 pm

Question Time: Ben Simmons was named ROY last season. Can he progress before developing a 3-point shot or a mid-range jumper?
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:57 pm

El Gunner wrote:Who's the third guy after Zion and RJ?

Cam Reddish
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:25 pm

Art Morte wrote:Question Time: Ben Simmons was named ROY last season. Can he progress before developing a 3-point shot or a mid-range jumper?

Giannis did so yes.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:26 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Art Morte wrote:Question Time: Ben Simmons was named ROY last season. Can he progress before developing a 3-point shot or a mid-range jumper?

Giannis did so yes.

Gotta take shots to get better. Giannis was never afraid.

I don't think Ben Simmons has ever taken a 3 pointer.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:30 pm

Giannis is in a worse percentile this year for jump shots than Fultz Laughing

He's still an ass jump shooter and yet still dominates, no reason why Simmons can't do the same. Honestly the whole jumpshot talk is vastly overhyped tbh.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:34 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Giannis is in a worse percentile this year for jump shots than Fultz Laughing

He's still an ass jump shooter and yet still dominates, no reason why Simmons can't do the same. Honestly the whole jumpshot talk is vastly overhyped tbh.

No matter how bad he is defender still seems to actually guard him closer because of the "threat" no matter how bad it is.

Giannis can't shoot a lick, and yet defenders still guard him closer than Simmons.

Simmons is also not as gifted as Giannis physically. So he needs it more, despite being more athletic. I'd just once like to see him chuck it, because why the hell not. They let Fultz shot put all game long.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:37 pm

Shot put rofl
Shame, poor guy Fultz
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:43 pm

Giannis did so yes.

Giannis plays PF and Simmons PG. Even in today's NBA those two positions should require different shooting range.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:47 pm

Art Morte wrote:

Giannis did so yes.

Giannis plays PF and Simmons PG. Even in today's NBA those two positions should require different shooting range.

They play the same position on offense though.

Primary ballhandler. Giannis has been the Bucks PG for years.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:49 pm

El Gunner wrote:Shot put rofl
Shame, poor guy Fultz

Still believe in the guy though.

Point guards usually don't develop until mid-late twenties. He needs psychological help though.

My main problem with him is his attitude and that he seems miserable when playing basketball. I don't like players who don't seem happy to play.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:48 am

It's still a small sample size. Giannis is can shoot at an average clip from mid-range. He can hit threes. He's not amazing at either, but he CAN do it. And he does. And that's the difference. Simmons doesn't even try. And you can see a big difference in how they're guarded.

I disagree with the notion Ben NEEDS a jumper to improve, but he needs to develop something resembling a jumper at some point for spacing purposes. If not for himself then for the team.

And I see the comparison between Giannis and Ben. It's informative in some ways. Thing is, you can't make it an effective comparison. Ben will never be able to get to the rim like Giannis. He will never be able to post up like Giannis. He can't dunk like Giannis. What I'm trying to say is, he's not in the same league of athleticism of Giannis, and given how important that is for getting to the rim, you can't make an effective comparison.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:46 am

No one said he is, just that he doesn't need a jumpshot to improve to an ALL NBA level like Giannis doesn't.

As i said it's very much overhyped part of his development tbh, BTW the fact teams defend Giannis very differently is an indictment on NBA coaching tbh.

He hasn't proved he can consistently hit a jump shot yet teams defend him like he can. None of this is surprising though, these are the same teams who constantly let Steph get open.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:49 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:No one said he is, just that he doesn't need a jumpshot to improve to an ALL NBA level like Giannis doesn't.

As i said it's very much overhyped part of his development tbh, BTW the fact teams defend Giannis very differently is an indictment on NBA coaching tbh.

He hasn't proved he can consistently hit a jump shot yet teams defend him like he can. None of this is surprising though, these are the same teams who constantly let Steph get open.

Well considering Steph shoots 65% from 30+ feet I’d rather leave him open everywhere else in chance he might shoot from closer range
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:53 am

Teams consistently defend him awfully though, i see mistakes on almost every possession they play.

It's one of two things, the average player is monumentally thick or the coaching in that aspect is shit.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:55 am

Good god Houston sucks lol.

Feels like until something changes that any number of teams could be in the conference finals.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:52 am

Oh yeah Simmons can be All NBA without a jumper. And he can improve on himself without a jumper imo

But his lack of one will continuously be a problem for his team in the playoffs and he really does need to develop a semblance of one, like I said it doesn't have to be good, just barely serviceable will work, to really take his game to another level. To go from All-NBA to MVP.

He can probably get to All-NBA without one though
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:13 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Good god Houston sucks lol.

Feels like until something changes that any number of teams could be in the conference finals.

just last week I backed your Pelicans while chatting with other guys on the court to make the WCF, so you better secure that 2nd seed.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:42 am

I find it interesting that last year's ROY so far isn't on a trajectory to show improvement this season. Something to keep an eye on.

And the Bucks with a dominant win over the Warriors plus Curry went off with a groin injury, I'm reading. Go, East, go.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next