McAgger
The Nature Boy
dmize
The Franchise
LeSwagg James
33 posters

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

Go down

the official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread Empty the official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by LeSwagg James Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:44 pm

dmize wrote:http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/226846/Shabazz-Muhammad-Actually-One-Year-Older-Than-Previously-Believed

Lol. So he just got outta high school and he's 20 already. And he was underwhelming as hell this year.

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/226858/NBA-Talent-Evaluators-Question-Whether-Muhammad-Can-Make-Teammates-Better

This is going to be one of the weakest drafts in a while.
Don't see anything special about him.. Plus he's a cry-baby  :coffee:
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

the official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread Empty Re: the official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by The Franchise Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:55 pm

dmize wrote:
The Franchise wrote:Well sure it helps getting a better seed in terms of not relying on winning away so much, but none the less you have to win home games.

Peaking at the right time? I would argue its actually a bit early still, plus I never really take what happens in the regular reason into account to that degree.

I get what your saying, but in a long series teams will figure them out I believe.

They dont one guy who you really just cant stop on command, you cant win in the playoffs relying on fast break transition offence alone. They will have to score in the half court and im not sure they can against the best of the best, at least enough to do serious damage.

I dont think they can beat the Thunder, and im not even so high on the Thunder at the moment either, but yeah...the Lakers I think they can beat, the Rockets, Golden State or the Jazz too..but OKC, Spurs, Grizz I think all would win. The Clippers is a toss up.

I doubt the Grizz could beat Denver in a series. They can't even beat the Hornets. the official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread Gag

I dunno man, one thing they still have going for them is they are still defensively like iron.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

the official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread Empty Re: the official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by dmize Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:33 am

They're a better defensively since the trade, but at the cost of perimeter shooting(Ellington), bench depth, shot creation and their offense in general.

If it was 1 game I'd take Memphis but in a short series they can't score enough to beat any of the top 5-6 teams in the West. There's really nothing to stop teams from packing the paint and playing a zone/matchup zone. Their lack of outside shooting will really be exposed by a team when they shut down Conley and Bayless and no one else can hit a shot.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

https://twitter.com/#!/dmizee

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:48 pm

I have the same reservations, no doubt.

But when I look at the Clippers I see fatal flaws.

They have given up 100 plus to the likes of Sacremento and others, they are so inconsistently defensively its a crime.

Other than Crawford and Billups they have no outside shooting of their own, and both play the same position.

I agree with everything you said, no question, but equally not in love with the Clippers either.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:49 pm

Something you might find intresting.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:35 pm

VDN is really bad coach. Adjustment isn't in his vocab.

The Clippers help D is terrible in that video and way too slow. Should be quicker to leave MEM's shooters. And they should try more Griffin on Gasol when ZBo is in the game. Keep DJ in the paint.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Nature Boy Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:43 pm

Lob City wont be happening in the playoffs either.

The clippers are fun to watch no doubt, but I think their record masks flaws in their game a bit. namely, their help D as you stated Dmize.

memphis will definitly cause problems in the playoffs for sure.
The Nature Boy
The Nature Boy
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:45 pm

http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/1avmy9/i_am_manu_ginobili_of_the_nbas_san_antonio_spurs/

Pretty cool, Manu doing an AMA
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:26 pm

Drummond posted this on his twitter from when he was 15

Looked like Durant, he was probably 200 pounds or less
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:09 pm

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/226879/Durants-Text-Message-Helped-Thunder-Keep-Brooks

That was stupid of him. They win in spite of Brooks, not because of him.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:31 pm

KD is too nice, really.

He defends Westbrook foolishly and things like this, only go on to show how nice he is.

Its admirable, hes loyal to his guys, I get that...but the truth is, such an attitude wont help him win in the long run.

Dont confuse this with me saying he should demand Westbrook be shipped out and stuff ike that, but I think he goes too far the other way.

Watched Rockets-Spurs last night, decent game, refs made it a little dull by calling everything.

Rockets won by 1, Harden htting a go ahead jumper.

We got lucky though, Mchale is out his mind.

Lin was having a horrific game and I said many times I dont like him, but we sat Lin in the crunch, put Beverly on Brave Scotty Parker. Brave Scotty Parker scored about 8 in a row, he was killing him, getting to the basket at will.

We pulled it out at the end, but we got lucky.

On a litte unrelated note, I dont like how Harden "offensive" flops. He gets a step on his defender, stops on a dime, fakes and then goes up with his defender on his hip or behind him..shoots a jumper and snaps his head back and flails wildly. Its highly annoying to watch, I wish he'd stop that.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:29 pm

The Franchise wrote:KD is too nice, really.

He defends Westbrook foolishly and things like this, only go on to show how nice he is.

Its admirable, hes loyal to his guys, I get that...but the truth is, such an attitude wont help him win in the long run.

Dont confuse this with me saying he should demand Westbrook be shipped out and stuff ike that, but I think he goes too far the other way.

Agree completely. Not only WB but Brooks as well(although WB hinders them more probably idk). Loyalty is nice and all but...
quick(and maybe weak) ex. lets say I had a self started business, I have a brother needing a job who's capable but not the most qualified, but he's family and I want him to have the job even though a ton of other people could do it better.
= Durant and Brooks relationship in a nutshell

Another thing is Durants never played for a better coach(he played for Rick Barnes at Texas ffs worst coach in college bball), so comparatively Brooks looks like Auerbach
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:56 pm

@WojYahooNBA: Houston Rockets rookie Royce White is reporting back to Rio Grande Valley of D-League and could play on Tuesday, sources tell Y! Sports.

I don't often hate players, but I hate this kid.

He finally reported for D League after like 2 months. And then last week he leaves the team for seemingly no reason and goes back to Houston on the advice of a doctor. Now he's returning again.

The Rockets have went above and beyond for this kid too(probably so he has no ground to stand on when he inevitably files a lawsuit). Hooked him up with an RV so he didn't have to fly, got him doctors, etc.

If he was getting playing time as a starter w/ Houston all of his "medical" problems would mysteriously go away. I noticed he had no problems in summer league before he signed his contract Rolling Eyes

Oh and he also managed this during summer league: http://jocksandstilettojill.com/2013/03/rockets-royce-white-has-babys-mama-drama/
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:07 pm

Agree about KD and Brooks. Totally.

Royce....bah...im just dissapointed how it turning out. We knew the risk though.

I gotta say, I had some sympathy for him but thats gone now, he seems intent on not playing.

I have no probem if he really has problems with we have to adjust to..I am cool with that...but it feels like he just don want to play and is doing his upmost not to.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:22 pm

The Franchise wrote:Agree about KD and Brooks. Totally.

Royce....bah...im just dissapointed how it turning out. We knew the risk though.

I gotta say, I had some sympathy for him but thats gone now, he seems intent on not playing.

I have no probem if he really has problems with we have to adjust to..I am cool with that...but it feels like he just don want to play and is doing his upmost not to.

I don't get what his goal is, I really don't. He can't even blame the Rockets anymore because afaik they've done everything and more for him. Pretty soon Houston will decide he's more trouble than he's worth, especially when he only averaged 9 and 6 in the D-League.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:25 pm

True, but he was terribly out of shape. I think they will hold for a while yet, he does have a fantastic talent..hes like a young Boris Diaw.

But yeah, im with you. Wont be long.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:19 am

Denver's streak in jeopardy as they are losing by 21 at Halftime to the Hornets Laughing
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:44 am

John effin' Wall 47 points, 8 assists, 7 rebounds. Shredded the Grizzlies overrated defense(gave up 106 points last game too against a KG/Lee/Rondo-less Celtics silent )

The Wizards were missing Nene, Beal, Webster, Ariza, Price too. It was basically Wall and Okafor that dropped 107 on them

Last edited by dmize on Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:33 am; edited 1 time in total
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:13 am

dmize wrote:John effin' Wall 47 points, 8 assists, 7 rebounds. Shredded the Grizzlies overrated defense(gave up 106 points last game too against a KG/Lee/Rondo-less Celtics silent )

:bow:
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:34 am

Walls jumpshot has definitely improved his shot tonight was wet from midrange.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:41 am

He's been hot for the past 2 weeks or so..

Kyrie who? :coffee:

Spoiler:
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:30 am

Denver's streak is over Sad HEAT at 27 straight :bow:

My Warriors pounding the Lakers as we speak, 20 point lead so far.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:37 pm

Wall's jumper is wet right now. From the right elbow area, he is really on.

They say they 3rd season is the one, and even with his various injuries, its ringing true.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:15 pm

ESPN has an article asking if the Thunder are better than the Heat, I can't read it because I'm not a subscriber.. But rofl
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:11 pm

The question is incredibly poorly timed.

The Heat are on a historical run, what do you think people are going to say? Laughing

Pretty sure this question is based on the fact Hollinger has the OKC atop his power rankings...which is based on various factors.

http://espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/powerrankings

As you can see, alot of maths, alot of categories the Thunder are better than the Heat in.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next