Post by Warrior Fri Jan 06, 2023 7:22 pm

Bjork sampling done right Thumbs up

Emceeing 101... funny how each verse is sicker than the previous one

Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

The Offical Rap Thread Part 3 - Page 25 Empty Re: The Offical Rap Thread Part 3

Post by El Gunner Wed Jun 14, 2023 9:39 pm

tahhh, this is probably gunna be the joint of the summer... good to see Paul Wall still getting down and dirty

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvmUrOSahsc
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:28 pm

Been searching this song for years, as far as i knew it was an untitled freestyle What a Face finally found it

Amazing. Tons of bars

Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:04 am

Everyone dissing everyone, what is going on

Always thought rap beefs are pathetic tbh. I only got invested in MGK vs Eminem, because when I heard MGK's diss I thought damn, this is pretty good. Eminem defined a generation that I grew up in and I felt bad that he is now old and done and some guy with fishhooks in his ear did this to him. Then Eminem just murdered him Laughing That was impressive.
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:54 am

It's the best way to rack up record views, because the masses for some reason lose their minds whenever there is some "drama". Clickbait titles and sensationalization works in the same way

MGKs diss on eminem is by far his most popular music video single, only topped by collab with Camilla Cabello but that's  more on her
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:07 pm

Eminem's diss on MGK was so violent the latter became effeminate rocker with pink hair Laughing

" How are you named after a damn gun, and wear a man bun "

As far as i know the only guy to successfully beef against Eminem was an underground rapper from Jersey called Milkbone. And that was early in his career.
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:47 pm

Disses should only be relevant if we get a great song out of it, couldnt care less about the drama.

My favorite one is No Vaseline of Ice Cube dissing NWA.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:19 pm

Like That is a good song tho lol, already a club anthem as well
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Sat Mar 30, 2024 3:22 am

rincon wrote:Disses should only be relevant if we get a great song out of it, couldnt care less about the drama.

My favorite one is No Vaseline of Ice Cube dissing NWA.

No Vaseline is one of the best diss songs in history

I remember the beef 50 Cent vs The Game was amazing, in my early years of high school every friday or so a new freestyle diss was coming out. Could barely understand english at the time i just thought the tracks were hard Cool
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Sat Mar 30, 2024 5:24 pm

How the fuck is he still this good?

He really did go off with a couple of albums that I didn't even bother listening to, but the past couple of years have been really good.

Only problem is when I really get into it, the song ends.
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Sat Mar 30, 2024 6:18 pm

This was the beginning of the Slim Shady character

Some rhymes are really spicy Laughing

Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sat Mar 30, 2024 6:26 pm

Vibe wrote:

He really did go off with a couple of albums that I didn't even bother listening to, but the past couple of years have been really good.

this is good?

lol i always find it funny that every white boy feels some sort of affinity with Eminem first when it comes to the rap genre... there's black artists out there that you are allowed to like
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sat Mar 30, 2024 6:48 pm

The song is great but at 1:50 it is achingly short

@El G, lmao we dont see color
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Sat Mar 30, 2024 7:19 pm

El Gunner wrote:
Vibe wrote:

this is good?

lol i always find it funny that every white boy feels some sort of affinity with Eminem first when it comes to the rap genre... there's black artists out there that you are allowed to like

You should visit your doctor and ask for an ultrasound of your carotid artery because your brain was not getting oxygen while you were writing this.
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Sat Mar 30, 2024 8:00 pm

To be fair most mainstream white rappers are pure trash Laughing i support Eminem and B-Real though

Eminem and Proof crazy freestyle

Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sat Mar 30, 2024 10:28 pm

@Vibe what?

@Myescats that song is not good at all, lol... but people's tastes differ i guess
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sun Mar 31, 2024 1:00 pm

Im not like a huge rap aficionado but Eminem is widely considered one of the best rappers of all time so why is it so bad to enjoy his rap ? Because he is white? That is weird

It varies, but I like to listen to Eminem, Kanye or Drake etc. sometimes and really skin color doesnt matter they are all great in their own way

I think Eminem is in some ways the best, guys like Tupac or Biggie don't really speak to me but I guess that is indeed just matter of taste
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sun Mar 31, 2024 3:14 pm

believe me, your whiteness has something to do with your liking towards Eminem, it's a thing... i'm not attacking you, and there's nothing wrong with liking him, but it's definitely a thing and i just find it funny because Eminem ain't at his best anymore... i've seen it in other white people/friends too

yes he is a legend in the rap scene, one of the best lyricists all-time... but watching him trying to keep up with the scene and stay relevant in the last 10 years has been so HARD to watch with his robotic monotone style... dude just doesn't have it nor get it anymore, which is in total contrast to someone like Nas who has just stacked his GOAT status/legacy in the past 5 years, or even Jay-Z with the 4:44 album

what Eminem has failed to realise, is that the rap game/hip-hop isn't about who can twist words the best anymore... it's about musicality, it's about adjusting to the sound of today and experimenting with productions (the Kanye influence on hip-hop)... but dude's beats always sound the same most of the time with that robotic chiky-chiky-chiky rap scheme of his.

Now if his aim is to just be himself, do it for his core loyal fanbase, still keep his vocal chords warm, and just doing for fun and because it is his life passion... then all cool, no problem... but it's not favourable sound anymore...

this song below for instance is what it's all about today...
been bumping it like crazy for the past two months... such an earworm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNZqm3dxd2w

otherwise, generally it's a good rule of thumb to listen to Ye as a benchmark because he is the best at what i describe above, and he usually is the boundary pusher of hip-hop sound as well... Carnival hitting #1 of course is a testament to that
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Sun Mar 31, 2024 3:58 pm

Kanye's influence on hip-hop is mostly negative, now it became some kind of pop-RNB music whose main targeted audience is teenage girls
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sun Mar 31, 2024 5:36 pm

El Gunner wrote:
what Eminem has failed to realise, is that the rap game/hip-hop isn't about who can twist words the best anymore... it's about musicality, it's about adjusting to the sound of today and experimenting with productions (the Kanye influence on hip-hop)... but dude's beats always sound the same most of the time with that robotic chiky-chiky-chiky rap scheme of his.

Now if his aim is to just be himself, do it for his core loyal fanbase, still keep his vocal chords warm, and just doing for fun and because it is his life passion... then all cool, no problem... but it's not favourable sound anymore...
This probably hits the nail on the head, Im not a big fan of the new, modern rap scene and am more drawn to the older sounds.. Nowadays most of it sounds overproduced. I understand that trends change but who says it is always for the better...?
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Sun Mar 31, 2024 5:39 pm

El Gunner wrote:believe me, your whiteness has something to do with your liking towards Eminem, it's a thing... i'm not attacking you, and there's nothing wrong with liking him, but it's definitely a thing and i just find it funny because Eminem ain't at his best anymore... i've seen it in other white people/friends too

yes he is a legend in the rap scene, one of the best lyricists all-time... but watching him trying to keep up with the scene and stay relevant in the last 10 years has been so HARD to watch with his robotic monotone style... dude just doesn't have it nor get it anymore, which is in total contrast to someone like Nas who has just stacked his GOAT status/legacy in the past 5 years, or even Jay-Z with the 4:44 album

this song below for instance is what it's all about today...
been bumping it like crazy for the past two months... such an earworm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNZqm3dxd2w

otherwise, generally it's a good rule of thumb to listen to Ye as a benchmark because he is the best at what i describe above, and he usually is the boundary pusher of hip-hop sound as well... Carnival hitting #1 of course is a testament to that

I tried listening to that but it sounds like rap for girls to me.

So each to his own, agree to disagree.
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sun Mar 31, 2024 6:34 pm

Myesyats wrote:
El Gunner wrote:

This probably hits the nail on the head, Im not a big fan of the new, modern rap scene and am more drawn to the older sounds.. Nowadays most of it sounds overproduced. I understand that trends change but who says it is always for the better...?

it's not about for better or for worse, that's irrelevant... throughout time the constant always remains that the kids decide what is the best
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Mon Apr 01, 2024 3:33 am

@Vibe @Myesyats you guys might like this song

Same instru with Big L on it, the best rapper ever skill wise imo

Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sat Apr 06, 2024 12:17 pm

El Gunner wrote:
Myesyats wrote:
El Gunner wrote:

This probably hits the nail on the head, Im not a big fan of the new, modern rap scene and am more drawn to the older sounds.. Nowadays most of it sounds  overproduced. I understand that trends change but who says it is always for the better...?

it's not about for better or for worse, that's irrelevant... throughout time the constant always remains that the kids decide what is the best

The kids decide what is trendy, not what is the best! There shouldn't be a = sign between these two domains.

I can vibe to some new tunes, like the one I posted in the music thread recently (and below), but that doesnt mean its better than what came before it, a distinction has to be made between what is fashionable at a particular point in time and what is "the best".

Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sat Apr 06, 2024 3:13 pm

why are you being unnecessarily difficult?
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Sat Apr 06, 2024 7:15 pm

I think you're just mad cause your boys had the 2nd, 3rd and 4th best verse on Forever
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 26 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26  Next