Mr Nick09
Firenze
Kebab
24 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Gareth Bale chapter 2 - Page 3 Empty Re: Gareth Bale chapter 2

Post by Thimmy Mon May 03, 2021 9:19 pm

I don't watch Spurs regularly, but when I have, he's mostly been poop. He's had impact every now and then, but I get the impression that the people hyping him up are either doing the usual, GL knee-jerking or just assume that him scoring a hattrick against the injury-ravaged, economically struggling and demotivated, bottom team in the league means that he's hot shit.

Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun May 01, 2022 7:38 am

Imagine if this guy was Pogba. He'd be evicerated in the press. But all we hear is how he's a victim

About to leave through the backdoor
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:44 pm

He's joined LAFC. That's pretty much the end of his time in the top flight since he's gone to MLS. What's his legacy?
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:55 pm

Golf!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:03 pm

Casciavit wrote:He's joined LAFC. That's pretty much the end of his time in the top flight since he's gone to MLS. What's his legacy?
a premier league and wales legend whose second half of career left us all disappointed.

Bale had the talent, abilities, hype and club to be a ballon d’or winner and to be in the top 5 of the best players in the world for many many years. Sadly, injuries, a general lack of interest for his club and profession gave us a guy all Madrid fans are excited he is finally leaving.

Being at the top of anything is a grind everyone think they are ready for, until they actually see what it’s about.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:13 pm

great at Spurs
won some trophies at madrid
delivered for Wales NT over the years

overall not bad imo

In a recent interview he says people have a false image of how much he actually plays golf which he says isnt very much at all, and also how often he's been injured which he claims to not be a lot either (managers just didnt pick him when fit he says)

his goal vs Liverpool still replays sometimes in my head, it was very nice.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Tue Jun 28, 2022 2:11 am

Really strange career how it went to such a high level but dipped down so quickly n never really recovered, but there been many of these examples of great players... even Kaka going to Madrid b4 him went downwards pretty quickly. Injuries n luck has a lot to do with a successful long term career...
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Tue Jun 28, 2022 1:11 pm

Casciavit wrote:He's joined LAFC. That's pretty much the end of his time in the top flight since he's gone to MLS. What's his legacy?
Bigger Real Madrid legend than Cronaldo.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Tue Jun 28, 2022 3:14 pm

He will never be highly rated for his time at Madrid!

I love the misdirection he is using, but it’s filled with a lot of BS.

He brought on most of the hate of Madrid fans on his own. Consider the following.

1. With regards to his play in first few years, for sure he did score some important goals, but even in his so called good years, he was missing in action for long periods of time.

2. His agent was demanding that he should play on LW and that Ronaldo should change position.

3. When Ronaldo did leave, it was Bale (and Benz) opportunity to step up and fill the void. He did not!

4. He never did learn Spanish, nor integrate with his team mates. In all my years, I have never seen a foreign player not integrate with teammates. This despite the fact that Madrid provides a personal teacher / interpreter to all incoming non Spanish speaking players.

5. Interesting that he now says his golf play was exaggerated, when it he who famously said his priorities were 1 Wales 2 Golf and 3 Rmad.

6. And then there was he and his agent demanding that the club could not publish any details of his injuries and then there were several games were he simply was not available and club couldn’t say why. Add that to his now claim that he wasn’t injured as often as club claimed.

For sure, his numerous injuries are a large part for his failure at Madrid, as he was for certain injury prone. That is not really on him him, more a factor of bad luck, but when you put it all together with the points above, he is definitely not worthy of legacy type comments.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Tue Jun 28, 2022 3:24 pm

I do think he's a club legend, whether we like it or not. But every time I see him these days, all I can think of is all of those times he was subbed on only to look like a demonstrative, spoiled kid who had been denied a second ice cream. His negative body language, both on the pitch and from the bench, really made me sick and tired of having him in the squad, and his refusal to celebrate with team mates after being gifted a penalty by Marcelo, for me, symbolizes the obnoxious attitude he had during the final months when he was still getting time on the pitch for us.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Tue Jun 28, 2022 3:49 pm

Refdrid only started winning once Bale was brought on, before they won 2 tituleros in 5 years. He's right up there with Di Stefano, Gento and Benzama.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Tue Jun 28, 2022 4:21 pm

Harmonica wrote:Refdrid only started winning once Bale was brought on, before they won 2 tituleros in 5 years. He's right up there with Di Stefano, Gento and Benzama.

Ridiculous comment! Why don’t you keep to your own thread of Messi praise!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Tue Jun 28, 2022 4:30 pm

Thimmy wrote:I do think he's a club legend, whether we like it or not. But every time I see him these days, all I can think of is all of those times he was subbed on only to look like a demonstrative, spoiled kid who had been denied a second ice cream. His negative body language, both on the pitch and from the bench, really made me sick and tired of having him in the squad, and his refusal to celebrate with team mates after being gifted a penalty by Marcelo, for me, symbolizes the obnoxious attitude he had during the final months when he was still getting time on the pitch for us.

Thimmy, I denied Guti of being a legend! And he has much more contributions than this piece of shit. This use of the word legend should be preserved for the truly gifted and key contributors to club’s success. Guti didn’t make it as he was never a set starter, similar case as Isco will find himself in. So a guy who only played in just over 50% of games in his 7 years here doesn’t make it either.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Tue Jun 28, 2022 5:43 pm

Would take good'ol Madrid prime Di Maria every day of the week over this disgraziato. Aside from his acceleration and sprint speed when given space in a straight line, his long shots (which he never made much of at Madrid anyways), and some specific goal scoring registers this guy had absolutely nothing over Di Maria. At least the trophy count works at the end and he won that old 13/14ish comparison against Neymar in terms of trophies.

Guy has been dead to me since 14/15, where he bulked up and as a result lost nimbleness (which he didn't have in spades to begin with) and speed. The Isco-Kroos-Modric-James connection for a run of 6 or so games to this day is my favorite Madrid side i've watched, when Bale came back it was like eye cancer watching his "contributions."
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:47 pm

The Madrid One wrote:Guy has been dead to me since 14/15, where he bulked up and as a result lost nimbleness (which he didn't have in spades to begin with) and speed.
I exposed his roiding during WC14 and predicted he would suffer the same fate than Ronaldo did. I'm always right.  :coffee:

Harmonica wrote:Year ago he looked somewhat normal:

Gareth Bale chapter 2 - Page 3 179343692-gareth-bale-attends-a-real-madrid-medical-gettyimages

Full summer of roiding up:

Gareth Bale chapter 2 - Page 3 BubhMDCIgAEeAoS

That kind of development isn't possible by natural means. He had a full summer time to roid up without testing. The best you can see this with his neck, his head looks even more inhuman.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:55 pm

Honestly kind of respect how a guy whose only real achievement is scoring a hattrick against Inter in the CL keeps getting these kinds of contracts
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Thu Jun 30, 2022 7:29 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Honestly kind of respect how a guy whose only real achievement is scoring a hattrick against Inter in the CL keeps getting these kinds of contracts

let's be fair, i dont like bale either, but his time at spurs in that first run was more than a pair of hattricks (i think there were two) against inter. playing with spurs isnt like he was playing with united, city or chelsea.
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3