RealGunner
McLewis
Cruijf
rincon
Freeza
25 posters

Page 8 of 26 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 17 ... 26  Next

Go down

The Official Comicbook Movies Thread: Part 3 - Page 8 Empty Re: The Official Comicbook Movies Thread: Part 3

Post by Freeza Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:24 am

McLewis wrote:Looks better than Apocalypse though.

So does my last fling, not exactly high praise.

Thought that one was absolutely terrible. Had a great 30 minutes when they focused on the kids, and then it turned into the worst superhero movie I've seen in the cinema.

Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

The Official Comicbook Movies Thread: Part 3 - Page 8 Empty Re: The Official Comicbook Movies Thread: Part 3

Post by McLewis Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:29 am

Yeah it's akin to saying Iron Fist S2 is better than S1 I suppose. The bar was basically on the ground with Apocalypse so this one was always going to be better. For me, the Magneto scenes were the highlight of Apocalypse. I think that'll be the case again in this one.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:41 am

Kinda sucks because X-Men universe is incredible. Amazing characters, storylines and events. Just never get utilised properly.

Fox seems to be taking random events and making movies out of it without caring about continuity or anything.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:00 am

I really didn't like GOTG trailers, but the movie itself was much much better. Maybe that'll be the case here.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:41 pm

Hope so

It seems like they are basically doing an apocalypse film but with jean gray in the role of magneto.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sun Sep 30, 2018 1:05 am

I mean the Dark Phoenix arc is one of the best-known ones in all of comics. You'd think it wouldn't be easy to mess it up. There's obviously pressure on Kinberg and Co. to get this right, but I don't think this movie is in any danger of failing to do that.

Also Apocalypse was bad, but it wasn't Green Lantern-levels of bad. That one is still the worst for me. Compared to that steaming pile, Apocalypse is very watchable and even has re-watch value.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sun Sep 30, 2018 1:27 am

Skipping to Dark Phoenix after 20 minutes of Jean is a great move...

I really don't care much about that storyline right now. Hope Marvel cancels the film and reboots the X-Men as high schoolers and it being an actual school. Still hasn't been a real plot in a movie yet.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:45 am

Freeza wrote:Skipping to Dark Phoenix after 20 minutes of Jean is a great move...

I really don't care much about that storyline right now. Hope Marvel cancels the film and reboots the X-Men as high schoolers and it being an actual school. Still hasn't been a real plot in a movie yet.

My issue with it as well lol.

Stupid move.

Also I don't think they are going cosmic with dark phoenix. So it will be an internal thing.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:50 am

Shit, people are still seeing these? I was hyped for the first, giddy for the 10th, bored for the 50th, and now I don't know what movies Hollywood even releases. Quality and art got replaced by money making efficiency, and movie as we knew it is dead.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:49 pm

Harmonica wrote:Shit, people are still seeing these? I was hyped for the first, giddy for the 10th, bored for the 50th, and now I don't know what movies Hollywood even releases. Quality and art got replaced by money making efficiency, and movie as we knew it is dead.

Lol
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:25 pm

I was hyped for Venom so much initially when it was announced Hardy was on board and had a legit cast, luckily after the first trailer and hearing how it was gonna be rated like 12 ffs I knew it would be gash, still funny hearing these reviews, seems a mess

ffs Sony

Last edited by Firenze on Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:26 pm

Yea reviews are calling it shit pretty much. But heard it's not Fantastic four level bad or anything.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:28 pm

RealGunner wrote:Yea reviews are calling it shit pretty much. But heard it's not Fantastic four level bad or anything.

lmao one of the review/impressions i read said it was this years fantastic four

sad man
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:34 pm

I fondly remember getting lolwats when I said the movie looks terrible from the trailer.

The trailer made me think I was seeing a trailer of a trash pre Dark Knight CBM era movie like Daredevil/Elektra/Catwoman. Hope it flops hard commercially because I don't want them making a Silver and Black movie and stop MCU from using even more characters.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:13 pm

31% on Rotten Tomatoes.

Yeesh.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Fri Oct 05, 2018 6:31 pm

This looks so f’ing good

Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sat Oct 06, 2018 3:15 am

I don't know why I was so shocked by how colorful this movie is, but I was. I guess it's all the dreariness of the other DC movies. Either way, it looks amazing.

This must've been the trailer they showed at SDCC? That's twice as long as a normal trailer. Loved it.

Black Manta out there looking like Alpha 5. Think his scenes look to have been really well done. The rooftop chase looked awesome.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sat Oct 06, 2018 3:27 am

McLewis wrote:I don't know why I was so shocked by how colorful this movie is, but I was. I guess it's all the dreariness of the other DC movies. Either way, it looks amazing.

This must've been the trailer they showed at SDCC? That's twice as long as a normal trailer. Loved it.

Black Manta out there looking like Alpha 5. Think his scenes look to have been really well done. The rooftop chase looked awesome.

I think it fits Wonder Woman’s aesthetics a lot.

Just shows theyre going away from Snyder/Ayer look, who are both very similar in that regard.

And yeah. This is the reel they showed at SDCC. Also CG looks incredible compared to the first trailer. Had me worried for a bit, but clearly water takes a long time to animate and look good
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by guest_07 Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:18 pm

The Official Comicbook Movies Thread: Part 3 - Page 8 110

So many critics, so contrast

Last edited by guest_07 on Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:20 am; edited 1 time in total

guest_07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:19 pm

Most casuals on social media say it's a funny film. Not sure if that's intentional comedy or not though. Having Tom hardy also helps. Maybe that explains that score.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:51 pm

Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:13 pm

RealGunner wrote:Most casuals on social media say it's a funny film. Not sure if that's intentional comedy or not though. Having Tom hardy also helps. Maybe that explains that score.

Or maybe it’s because audience ratings are retarded and no one uses them.

Like what casual fan is using rotten tomatoes audience scores. Mainly used by right-wing trolls from my experience
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:07 pm

James Gunn directing Suicide Squad 2.

Gonna make his own version
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:08 pm

Interest went from 0 to 10 all of a sudden
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:48 pm

Ewan McGregor has been cast as Black Mask
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:53 pm

RIP Stan Lee
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 26 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 17 ... 26  Next