halamadrid2
Hapless_Hans
The Demon of Carthage
Doc
Mr Nick09
34 posters

Page 15 of 40 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 27 ... 40  Next

Go down

Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc - Page 15 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun 22 Jul 2018, 19:37

Versatility is a skill that not everyone can have. So instead of going into the season with a natural back up you want us to try our hand at transforming a RB? that doesnt make sense.

In any case, i think the club keenly understands the importance of doubling positions, and that's why they signed Odriozola. They wont let Theo leave without replacing him, that i am sure of.

Last edited by Mr Nick09 on Sun 22 Jul 2018, 19:45; edited 1 time in total

Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc - Page 15 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc

Post by Doc Sun 22 Jul 2018, 19:37

Kovacic wants to leave so he doesn't matter but if Theo wants to stay, why isn't it possible he actually improves under Lope? Not like he is some random pleb in the park. He is playing at the highest level of football, I am sure he can improve somewhat to be useful to the club.

Arby sometimes played LB when he was at Liverpool. Like once or twice so it wasn't new to him. We have never seen Dani play LB and it isn't a plug and play position. Hell, has Dani ever played on the left side before (that was a bit of humour btw)? Point is, leave Theo here, see how he develops and hope for the best. I am sure Madrid can do that rather simple approach.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun 22 Jul 2018, 19:40

Let's see how Achraf develops at Dortmund. If they play him as a LB maybe he can come back in a few years and be better prepared than what he was last season

I think how we line up in the preseason games will tell alot about how Lope will want us to play. Let's see what he has Theo do before anything. According to Marca Vini has joined Benz and Bale in the forward line. Bale still plays RW in training
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun 22 Jul 2018, 19:44

Theo had a horrible attitude on France U20 NT... remember that he just didn't show up for the U20 WC. they had to track him down and he was on a beach. Never told the coaches that he was refusing the selection DESPITE having played every game with them leading up to that event.

When i read about what he did and his response... i basically wrote him off a bit. Doesn't seem to have all his marbles straight.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun 22 Jul 2018, 19:47

Theo has been fine in madrid attitude wise, really nothing to complain about. It's his quality that matters for us. I think he looks too limited technically but we will see
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun 22 Jul 2018, 19:50

I think he's limited technically too. Far too one footed, makes him very predictable. But I think last season was a horrible year for the youngsters. They were put in a miserable position all from the start. I think this year will be more telling. Every single one in the team will have to step up as there won't be a Ronaldo to bail them out anymore.

I think in terms of attitude everyone of our players have been pretty professional. When you have a president as classy as Perez it transmits all the way down to the players. I think Perez could tame Neymar too. Doesn't mean they aren't douches privately but they'll act professional while they are employed with RM. That I am sure of

Last edited by halamadrid2 on Sun 22 Jul 2018, 19:53; edited 1 time in total
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sun 22 Jul 2018, 19:52

Aren’t we reacting to the Marca story that Theo was going to be lent out?
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sun 22 Jul 2018, 19:56

It’s kind of funny that with Zidane in charge, we were talking about Theo being retained and all of Vallejo, Llorente, Caballos being lent out / sold and now with change of coach, it’s exact opposite,

Note - I purposely don’t include the undeserved promotions that Zidane made from last year (Mayoral and Achraf).
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Sun 22 Jul 2018, 20:12

I wonder what Kovacic is thinking, if he thought he was good enough to make a dent in the starting line ups and play much more maybe his attitude would be different. In my mind most of what he offers revolves around his speed but with the midfielders and configurations we can have i wouldnt be too worried about losing Kovacic and nor do i think we will exactly go for someone else as the club will probably stick to what we already have.

If Ceballos really has the talent necessary then he should shine with Lopetegui, i don't like seeing him play in attacking midfielder zones and roles because he doesn't look like anything special to me and we wouldnt play him like that either so its useless. As already mentioned he would have to be able to play as an interior similar to a Xavi for example, be able to distribute the ball well in order to have a chance here. I remember a Spanish journalist called Abel Rojas talked wonders about the kid and i respect his opinion so i still have some hope he saw something of Ceballos in Betis which was indeed indicative of a high talent ceiling. I have not been convinced.

Theo is lacking technically and especially in the agility department, hes a bit of a "tronco" and i noticed this since the moment we were linked with him, we should never buy players who aren't already without doubt securely competent in those terms, like Odriozola is for example. Having said that Theo may become good, especially if he can become a good defender and become efficient and smart with what he does.
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sun 22 Jul 2018, 20:21

MTO, your Fede may very well become the replacement if Kovacic does leave!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sun 22 Jul 2018, 21:22

I’d say Ceballos is the replacement. Assuming Lopetegui has found the keys to Zidane’s dog house
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun 22 Jul 2018, 21:39

Mayoral and Ashraf were promoted due to:
-  Mbappe deal falling through and not having a backup
-  Theo and Nacho were the backups, not Ashraf.  However, either Carvajal or Marcelo or both were hurt consistently so you needrf a 5th fullback for cover.
- We didn't buy a replacement for Pepe so Nacho was also the 3rd CB.

Had nothing to do with deserved or undeserved.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sun 22 Jul 2018, 23:31

Freeza wrote:I’d say Ceballos is the replacement. Assuming Lopetegui has found the keys to Zidane’s dog house

From all reports, Zidane took the keys with him so Lope may have to break the door down.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sun 22 Jul 2018, 23:44

Doc wrote:
Freeza wrote:I’d say Ceballos is the replacement. Assuming Lopetegui has found the keys to Zidane’s dog house

From all reports, Zidane took the keys with him so Lope may have to break the door down.

Did we ever find out what he said or did?

Still think it's wild to debut, score a brace, and never play more than 5 minutes with the first team again.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon 23 Jul 2018, 00:09

Sports insists he was not putting effort into whatever training schedule Zidane and his team had running. Personally, I think after seeing Madrid capitulate so early in the season to lose the league in November, Zidane could not give a shit about rotation and player development. He needed wins and needed them asafp (you know what the f stands for) so any young player at Madrid kicked a lot of rocks that season. Including Ceballos.

So whatever he did was never gonna matter as Zidane never really cared for any of the youngsters the club brought in. What made matters even worse was the CDR exit to Leganes. Uff, they all got buried alive together.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon 23 Jul 2018, 00:10

I still remember the game he was put on and only managed to play 20 seconds Laughing poor kid. Glad he remained professional, not many would have put up with the treatment he received
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon 23 Jul 2018, 00:21

never just give all the benefit of the doubt to a single party in this type of situation. Zidane had no problems relying on Nacho, Vasquez, Asensio or Kovacic when he came to Madrid. They all played big games for us. I could argue that if Ceballos did not play as much has to do with what he gave Zidane in training. He doesnt exactly have the reputation of a quire boy
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon 23 Jul 2018, 00:26

Sure, I don't necessarily doubt the training part but I am of the real belief that it didn't matter as Zidane needed results and depending on young players for results is never an ideal thing. And no one can tell me otherwise when I saw with me own eyes Zidane not giving a shit about Llorente, Theo and Ceballos. None. Don't particularly blame him for the first two though.

Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Mon 23 Jul 2018, 03:41

i actually liked kovacic's football, at one point the season before last it seemed he was the only one willing to make a forward pass, his biggest issue is he's still a jack of all trades, and without consistent game time you'll end up not mastering any one role properly. i wouldn't mind if he leaves for his own sake, to develop his game better

i would need to see more from ceballos this season, so far i've not been impressed. but this is a new slate with new management and we need all the help we can get from anyone. i wouldn't mind james coming back, though not as a starter, having him on the bench would help our depth
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Mon 23 Jul 2018, 15:58

According to a Portuguese source called Record, we are interested in Brazilian/Porto left back Alex Telles
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon 23 Jul 2018, 17:51

Talking about left backs lol
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon 23 Jul 2018, 18:05

I don't think so. I think that rumour is linked to Juve not wanting to pay up for him. That rumour is probably going to die down as fast as it started
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon 23 Jul 2018, 18:10

Rafa Mir: "Valencia rejected three or four offers from Real Madrid for me; however, they agreed to the first from Wolves in December. VALENCIA DID NOT WANT ME TO GO TO MADRID & THEY DID IT!”

God how much I despise those *bleep*. We donate ours players to them for peanuts and they reward us by not even wanting to sell us a virus. They'd rather strengthen Barca than make a profit by selling to us. I suppose we can thank them for rejecting our approach of Gomes though lmao
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon 23 Jul 2018, 20:20

I don't get why we insist on trying to get anyone from Valencia, they hate us. Usually, that "hate" is on a fan level but this has extended to a management and board level & has been going on since I was a child. Pretty sure it has been going on since Tito was a child too. Nothing new really.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon 23 Jul 2018, 20:31

Valencia is owned by Peter Lim
Peter Lim is part owner of Gestifute with Jorge Mendes'
Jorge Mendes and gestifute are part owners of Wolverhampton

This is the next level of third party ownership.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon 23 Jul 2018, 20:36

I'm hoping we try and get Martial.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 40 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 27 ... 40  Next