halamadrid2
Hapless_Hans
The Demon of Carthage
Doc
Mr Nick09
34 posters

Page 27 of 40 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 33 ... 40  Next

Go down

Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc - Page 27 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc

Post by Valkyrja Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:11 am

Such a downer and fall from grace. Going from Raul and CR to this guy as our number 7 highlights the level we are aspiring to.

Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc - Page 27 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc

Post by halamadrid2 Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:35 am

Oh shut up

I think Asensio is the right guy to take the number 7 shirt. It was always going to be between him and Vinicious

Hope he ascends like we hope he will this season. When Bale inevitably gets injured we need this guy to become our leader. He's wasted being asked to hug the touchline

In other news we are after Aspas apparently. Great option off the bench. Make it happen imo. Good riddance Mayoral
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Fri Aug 24, 2018 5:42 pm

Isco all over again bad decision making, selfish and taking shit shots, excuse all that to wank over couple goals, asensio need to gets his head out of his ass, he good not that good if he flops this season he gonna be riding bench.
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Fri Aug 24, 2018 7:03 pm

I think Asensio deserves it. A little disappointed as this likely means conceding we will not sign anyone worthy of the 7, but I can live with it.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Aug 24, 2018 7:03 pm

What is the source of that rumour? Lol
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Fri Aug 24, 2018 7:52 pm

So..

GK: Keylor, Courtois, Casilla
RB: Carva, Ordi
CB: Ramos, Varane, Nacho, Vallejo
LB: Marcelo, Reguilon (?)
DCM: Casemiro, Llorente
CM: Modric, Kroos
ACM: Isco, Ceballos
RW: Bale, Vasquez
CF: Benz, Mayoral
LW: Asensio, Vinicius (?)

That is 23 players including Vinicius, and Reguilon who have not been confirmed- reports even saying Vinicius will play with Castilla. 24 if we include Fede.

Wow, that is the lightest squad I have seen us have since Pellegrini. I doubt perez is trying to torpedo our chances on purpose, but I would have thought we would have brought in some warm bodies by now. Lopetegui has come out at said we need a CB, CM, and CF. If he doesn't get anyone then it is all on Perez. I don't feel Lope was asking for the world, he just needed someone better than Mayoral and Llorente, and someone more fit than Vallejo.

So if that is the 23-man squad that stands at the end of the day, we could still bring in 2 players- my vote would be a CF and CB.

Forwards in the last year of their contract (I was a bit surprised by some): Martial, Angel Correa, Munir, Fernando Llorente. Just go and get Martial ffs, I know they can't bring anyone in but Mourinho cannot stand him and Martial is clearly not playing for the team, plus Martial can cover the LW if Vinicius is set to play more for Castilla. I wouldn't mind Munir either, but doubt he would switch.

CBs in the last year of their contract (the list is short): Alderweireld, Vertonghen (both of which likely won't go due to EPL market closed), Miranda, Luiz.

Honestly wouldn't mind Miranda or Luiz as 3rd/4th back up at least they are more fit than Vallejo.

Supposedly there might be a deal for Aspas if we can't get Rodrigo. Personally, I wouldn't go for either of them but this is the world we live in.

Also throw in CM's in the last year of their contract for kicks: Samassékou, Rabiot, Ramsey, Herrera, Cesc, Khedira (lol), Mousa Dembele

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:53 am

vanDEEZ wrote:So..

GK: Keylor, Courtois, Casilla
RB: Carva, Ordi
CB: Ramos, Varane, Nacho, Vallejo
LB: Marcelo, Reguilon (?)
DCM: Casemiro, Llorente
CM: Modric, Kroos
ACM: Isco, Ceballos
RW: Bale, Vasquez
CF: Benz, Mayoral
LW: Asensio, Vinicius (?)
e

Deez, I agree with you re squad list, but let me speak about the news / decisions, Lopetequi and Perez have left.

Apparently there are discussions on going re loans for 8 players, 3 of them portero plus Coentrao plus Mayoral, Llorente, Vallejo and De Tomas (the latter one was confirmed last night).

GK - Casilla is likely out on loan. His decision to keep his contract is preventing a sale, but club won’t want to keep him on roster (much like the Coentrao situation) and a loan deal in la liga is very viable with at least 2 clubs interested. And after all the third GK spot is just a practice role. They can easily use one from Castilla.

Defense - Neither Vallejo nor Reguilon are set. Vallejo is now back in training and although it is believed he is best (for him and club) out on loan, it is rather late to find a 4th CB. Reguilon is a possibility, but they might just leave him at Castilla and call him up when needed, going with Nacho as 1st choice backup for Marcelo. Obvious issue is without both of the kids, that’s too much on Nacho to cover CBs and LB spots.

Midfield: I think it’s better to think of three of Modric, Kroos, Isco and Casemiro will be the starters with some obvious rotations and Ceballos as the main backup option. Valverde was not in the list re loan options, so I think he is going to be on squad. The decision is with Llorente with at least 2 clubs interested. If he remains, I believe they go with 7 midfieders.

Forwards - There is this supposed FFP decision for PSG that was supposed to have been released yesterday (hasn’t to my knowledge). If it does say what Perez hopes (he even hired outside analysts to give their determination of what UEFA would likely rule), then they expect reaching a deal for Mbappe is a possibility!

Sounds pretty incredible, but it might explain the inactivity. Apparently they have 300M set aside for this. I believe at this point it is either Mbappe or Aspas. That’s likely why the prospective loan deals for De Tomas and Mayoral. Rodrigo has been rulled out as Valencia won’t lower on 120K price tag nad they don’t believe he is worth that price tag and Aspas is almost as good and cheaper.
Vinicius apparently is going to be on Castilla squad list with callups.

So that’s a squad list of 22 (including Llorente and Vallejo). And Vinicius, Reguilon and practice GK all listed with both Castilla and 1st team, as players #23, 24, 25.

I'd be surprised at this late date, if anything other than a striker comes. And even that is at best a 50-50 proposition.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:40 am

That Mbappe thing is a complete farce, there is 0 chance PSG will lose him because of FFP. What a joke lol, and I see fans gobbling that shit up like coolaid

Truth is that the club has become idle on the market and while I agree there is no need to make big signings we are short in key areas which I am worried will not be filled this week at all

And we are gonna spend 40 millions on a 31 years old forward who was caught racially abusing a player on the pitch? Give me a break
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sat Aug 25, 2018 1:13 pm

Truth is these stories are out there. Uefa decision is now expected on Monday.

And objective on getting Rodrigo or Aspas is to improve scoring options being better than Mayoral. Both have Lopetequi’s confidence, are better than Mayoral and even Morata for that matter, meaning they can challenge Benzema to an extent plus both have played as a second striker as well. Re Aspas age, whoever we get now is a temporary solution, following your denial of a Mbappe possibility, so his age with likely cost isn’ t important. Re your other comment about him, what does that have to do with his scoring ability?
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Aug 25, 2018 2:01 pm

You're not getting the fact that PSG can appeal any decision and, since it happened so late, they could delay any CL issues until next season.

Not to mention given that the ruling was handed down by UEFA... then they changed their mind...  will likely allow PSG to win it.

It's absolute BS no matter what the ruling is.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Sat Aug 25, 2018 2:45 pm

sportsczy wrote:You're not getting the fact that PSG can appeal any decision and, since it happened so late, they could delay any CL issues until next season.

Not to mention given that the ruling was handed down by UEFA... then they changed their mind...  will likely allow PSG to win it.

But would the players want to stay if they can't guarantee CL football? hmm
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sat Aug 25, 2018 2:47 pm

Didn’t say I expected it. The STORY was that Perez was waiting on it, and if a chance he would pounce.

I swear you guys can’t even read! It was a story and a possible late consideration. Granted it is remote possibility, but it does explain the delays.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Aug 25, 2018 3:16 pm

guest7 wrote:
sportsczy wrote:You're not getting the fact that PSG can appeal any decision and, since it happened so late, they could delay any CL issues until next season.

But would the players want to stay if they can't guarantee CL football? hmm

Yes they can.  If they appeal (and they will), all of it gets suspended until the appeals decision, which won't happen until December at the earliest and CL pool play is finished.  So any CL sanctions would get deferred.

Even if they do get hit, it wouldn't go into effect until next season (assuming they lose, which they won't given how UEFA has handled it let alone merits).

The chance is next summer; not this one.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:08 pm

So Regi has been confirmed as backup and Vinicius has been confirmed Castilla, but will play with the first team when possible.

Considering Vini will be between Castilla and the first team, it is even more obvious we are short a forward, so we either made that move to leave room for a forward to be brought in in the dying moments of the transfer window, or we have no idea how many forwards a team typically needs.

Also about the PSG FFP- why exactly would they be allowed an appeal necessarily? They have had numerous warnings and sanctions already. If they are breaking the rules, they are well aware of it. Though I believe it is a bit hopeful to think they are magically going to be forced to sell Neymar or Mbappe, I don't think they are completely out of the woods for this season. They may be able to appeal, they may not be able to. It's a bit ridiculous if they are able to appeal considering their history with FFP. Also, they were supposed to raise 60m net? they are about 28m short, and that is not even including the Mbappe deal, so I am not sure how that factors in.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:04 pm

That is the strangest question I have ever heard Deez.  So you're saying they're not allowed due process just because?

Of course they can appeal... and they will likely win since UEFA came down with a ruling in June just to change their minds and back off in July.  You can't do that.  That's why it's taking so long.  They can't figure out a legal way to change their initial findings unless there's new information... which there isn't.

And they're supposed to sell 60 million to balance last year's books and this years books are separate.  So in essence, they're 60 mil in the red without doing anything this summer.  That was the ruling.

They had an independent firm do a valuation on the contracts of PSG and they said it was 60 mil overstated.  Given PSG now has 529 mil in annual revenue according to Forbes, it's not going to stop them from spending this summer.  They just can't spend as much.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:12 pm

You can be denied an appeal, that doesn't violate due process what so ever. Teams are denied appeals all the time when they fight red cards and other decisions made by UEFA and respective leagues.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:18 pm

You cant be denied the appeal process.  BUt the appeal process can be different depending on the matter type... but there's always an appeal process.  To take your example, red card appeals don't go to the CAS.  They have different appeal mechanisms for those kinds of things.

This is legal due process for a sports enterprise.  Instead of taking the matter through the legal courts, sports organizations and associations agree that they will use arbitration procedure such as The Court of Arbitration for Sport  for UEFA in certain specific matters.  FFP rulings are obviously one of those.

Due process is ruling, opportunity to appeal, you can choose to appeal and then the appeal hearing followed by an appeal decision.  Being denied appeal means that you lost the appeal case... not that you were never heard.

The only time you're denied appeal is if the appeals tribunal has the option to listen to your case or not.  All FFP rulings must be heard by CAS.  There's no option to not hear an appeal.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:41 pm

whatever happened with our transfer ban from like two years ago, it was overturned right? have any of these "bans" ever been successful? i can't remember one that ever stuck, which is why i pay little attention to them. i think chelsea too had an issue but can't remember what happened with that either. didn't we get ours overruled only a few months later or something? forget about it, we gaffed on that, and it might have even been beneficial to mbappe in the long run, that we gaffed on it
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:22 pm

Re: Chelsea's transfer ban
They were initially banned for 2 two years from signing players after they were found guilty of "inducing" Kukuta to break his Lens contract. But it was lifted in 2010 (the sentenced was given in 2009) after the Kukuta and Lens agreed his contract wasn't valid. Or something. Chelsea compensated Lens as well.

Atletico also had to serve a transfer ban in its entirety. Madrid got off because there wasn't enough evidence to say we were signing minors (or Perez owns UEFA, whichever).

Best I can remember
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:08 pm

Sevilla about to snap up Mariano for 40mill what the bloody hell arr we waiting for??????????? For Mayoral to suddenly turn good. Ffs
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Mon Aug 27, 2018 3:30 pm

I was about to comment on that, what a f'in disgrace if we don't do something good upfront before the window closes.
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Aug 27, 2018 3:37 pm

Does the front office realize that Benz and Bale are the only bonafide scorers we have?? One of them is questionable at this point. The other can get injured at any time.

It just seems silly.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:48 am

A lot of information are coming out about Madrid making a move to sign Mariano to improve on Borja Mayoral

Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:57 am

I think that is great. I read that because we own a certain amount of his rights/agreements in his initial sale, that the fee would be closer to 20m. Why we haven't activated it before now? I have no idea.

Mariano, a CB, and if we are lucky enough an upgrade on Llorente and that is about the bare minimum to let Perez off until next summer.

Though I still believe Martial would be the perfect FW LW signing we need, especially given Vinicius is playing with Castilla now.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Aug 28, 2018 2:11 am

I would agree about Martial, specially as i was thinking about Vasquez this weekend and the fact that i am still not a fan. Not sure what he brings.

I know we would truly hit rock bottom this season when Bale inevitably gets injured. By then, i just hope our possession based football is good enough to carry us
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Tue Aug 28, 2018 3:32 am

i would like that mariano move to happen, he seems to have made a name for himself at lyon, would like to see what he can do here...but these days at madrid you can't afford to get too excited about anything
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 27 of 40 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 33 ... 40  Next