halamadrid2
Hapless_Hans
The Demon of Carthage
Doc
Mr Nick09
34 posters

Page 9 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24 ... 40  Next

Go down

Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc - Page 9 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc

Post by sportsczy Sun 15 Jul 2018, 16:40

Nobody makes more runs as a CF than Cavani... nobody. That's the key with possession football. You need that killer on top that can change pace on a dime and can go to goal. Villa and Torres for Spain, as an example. Mueller (on form) and Klose for Germany.

in La Liga, Cavani scores 30 in his sleep imo.

sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc - Page 9 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc

Post by Doc Sun 15 Jul 2018, 20:00

You can't ignore the first touch conundrum though, that's a pretty big deal in La Liga. And certainly not in a Lopetegui team. Still would love Cavani though.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun 15 Jul 2018, 20:04

well said Doc, there is a reason why he struggled to reproduce his goalscoring form for PSG against top teams in CL, his first touch is disgustingly bad, and it gets worse with pressure. No one questions his quality, but some aspect of his game which makes him dodgy in big moments. That quality Benzema has to hold possession in traffic, turn and pass, works so well because he has the cleanest touch for a CF in footy.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun 15 Jul 2018, 20:24

He was massive in CL the past 2 seasons Nick... come on.

Scored against Madrid this season
Also scored against Bayern
Had 2 goals against Barca last season

He may not always look pretty... but he always scores. PSG's struggles are defensive in CL; not on the attack.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun 15 Jul 2018, 20:54

I would totally go for Cavani. He has everything our current striker does not have. Workrate, passion, never say die attitude and most importantly goals. He'd bury Benz deep on the bench from the first minute
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Sun 15 Jul 2018, 21:06

If we could get Cavani for cheap I would not mind him at all. Yeah his first touch is heavy, but he’s a proven goal scorer. Like hala said, he would bring qualities to our team that we lack, and from a goal scoring standpoint he would bury Benz on the bench, but I don’t think it would work like that- they could be used rotationally to suit different tactical styles for different occasions.

On the other hand if we just want to replace Benz full stop, we should go for a more complete striker, but that will cost the big big money I expect. Plus I’m not sure if one is available.

Speaking of availability who is saying Cavani would be?

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun 15 Jul 2018, 21:22

He's not happy with Neymar deez... so the thought in France is that they'll move cavani before neymar. I think Madrid should be on both and take whoever is sold.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sun 15 Jul 2018, 22:13

His first touch is really bad but I would gladly take him, so would Nick, duh. But, like Icardi, I doubt Madrid even batting an eye his way.

You would think it's Neymar or bust with Perez.

Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Daniels Mon 16 Jul 2018, 15:02

sportsczy wrote:He's not happy with Neymar deez... so the thought in France is that they'll move cavani before neymar. I think Madrid should be on both and take whoever is sold.
Imagine Cavani escaping to Madrid only for Neymar to arrive the season after. LOL
Jack Daniels
Jack Daniels
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon 16 Jul 2018, 18:12

So, Icardi's buyout clause has apparently expired Laughing

We are more and more likely to see Benz being our starring striker next season
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon 16 Jul 2018, 18:38

Yup it's likely lol, but it also means we were not at all interested in Icardi.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon 16 Jul 2018, 19:33

I'm really starting to genuinely resent Benzema.... unbelievable.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Mon 16 Jul 2018, 21:13

halamadrid2 wrote:So, Icardi's buyout clause has apparently expired Laughing

We are more and more likely to see Benz being our starring striker next season

Believe me, that's not what scares me most. I'm genuinely concerned about our club's lack of activities in the transfer market and I'm increasingly becoming convinced that we won't be making WC signings.

Look around and tell me who's WC and is within reach right now? That's why I'm still seething about Ronaldo's departure. Florentino green-lighted it and apparently has no plans to replace him.

They should veto his ass out if he goes through the entire window without making the necessary signings.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Mon 16 Jul 2018, 22:33

I don't think anyone can replace Florentino with the new rules. It's a dictatorship but I'm alright with it because Flo is a good president with lots of class and a true madridista. Loves the club more than anybody. He is just playing the long game (I think)
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon 16 Jul 2018, 22:45

Except for the CF isnt there an argument to make that we have sufficient talents in other position not to sign anyone?

This is our list of wingers/AM in categories
Potential starters: Isco, Bale, Asensio + James rumoured
Young players/ back up: Vinicius, Vasquez, Ceballos

At CM/DM
Starters: Modric, Kroos, Casemiro
Young player/back up: Llorente, Ceballos, Kovacic

I get that there is a need to freshen things up, but objectively there is also no need to act like we are working with Arsenal squad. The players are listed are all either already world class, or world class talents.

Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon 16 Jul 2018, 23:32

Nobody is disputing our great squad. We need goals, attackers and someone better on the bench to come on when we need a goal. We have a WC midfield and defence, but a mediocre attack. Even if we get James back we'll still need 1 more starting striker. Right now everyone are slipping through our fingers. Lope said today that alot of things will be solved in the coming weeks. Hopefully he means transfers
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon 16 Jul 2018, 23:38

well, you have to give time to the team to sign someone then, everytime to post you act like the market is closing tomorrow. the world cup just ended, the transfer market is going to pick up exponentially within the next 4 weeks.

who has slipped through our fingers this summer exactly?

Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon 16 Jul 2018, 23:38

I would say this though, never in my Madridista life have I ever seen Real Madrid be this prudent (stingy, cheap) when it comes signing a forward.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon 16 Jul 2018, 23:47

I dont disagree, but you have to contextualize things.

Most top quality CFs in football are at least 29: Higuain, Kun, Lewandowski, Cavani, Aubameyang, and are not necessarily for sale.

the best young CFs are Lukaku and Harry Kane and are not for sale.

The other one Icardi, well, looks like the club isnt interested.

there is 0 up and coming CF that looks like a sure thing, that we can go after.

If i was trying to figure out what's the best signing to make, without being coerced into spending 200 mil, i would think long and hard about it.

Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue 17 Jul 2018, 00:01

Doc wrote:I would say this though, never in my Madridista life have I ever seen Real Madrid be this prudent (stingy, cheap) when it comes signing a forward.

We always bought the most expensive toy available when it came to strikers. In fact; we always signed one or two extra just in case looool
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Tue 17 Jul 2018, 00:39

its still relatively early in the window, flo is not stupid, i'm sure there are talks going on behind the scenes, i think fans are just a bit reckless because favorite rumor sites are quiet. if say by mid august there's little to no movement in terms of players coming in (good players coming in, not just rookies/jabronis), then we can get up in arms. but lets wait first, there might be some more sales even.
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Tue 17 Jul 2018, 05:27

A couple of you guys need to show a little bit of patience. What did you expect? Kane, Neymar, and a Mbappe all signing the day after the World Cup ended? It hasn’t even been a week.

Maybe try deep breathing?

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Tue 17 Jul 2018, 09:28

FYI BPL transfer window shuts on the 9th of August. That's in about 10 days time. We start our first competitive game on the 15th of August. We play our first preseason game in about 5 days time. The window opened some time ago and that didn't stop us or other teams from signing players/coaches that were needed. The most decent players on the market are grossly overpriced or not in our plans. I wouldn't be at all surprised if we went into the season exactly like we look like now. I wouldn't have a problem with that if we didn't have such a shite striker
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Tue 17 Jul 2018, 09:43

halamadrid2 wrote:FYI BPL transfer window shuts on the 9th of August. That's in about 10 days time. We start our first competitive game on the 15th of August. We play our first preseason game in about 5 days time. The window opened some time ago and that didn't stop us or other teams from signing players/coaches that were needed. The most decent players on the market are grossly overpriced or not in our plans. I wouldn't be at all surprised if we went into the season exactly like we look like now. I wouldn't have a problem with that if we didn't have such a shite striker

It's okay. Apparently the key to solving our problems is "deep breathing". So let's do that and I'm sure a WC striker will magically appear out of thin air.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Tue 17 Jul 2018, 10:34

Looking more and more like Courtois is coming.

By the way, someone told an absolute lie about him.I can’t find the post but someone, I think Hala said he was 29. Turns out he has just turned 26, so my statement that the GK change was being done because of age is absolutely correct!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue 17 Jul 2018, 11:52

I said age isn't a factor for Navas. He's only 31. Keepers don't age like field players. 33-34 is when you need to worry; unless you start seeing signs of regression earlier which you don't with Navas.

But Courtois is an upgrade and he only has 1 year left on contract so Chelsea will sell. It's a good move.

Keeper isn't an area of need.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24 ... 40  Next