halamadrid2
Hapless_Hans
The Demon of Carthage
Doc
Mr Nick09
34 posters

Page 16 of 40 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next

Go down

Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc - Page 16 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc

Post by sportsczy Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:36 pm

I'm hoping we try and get Martial.

sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc - Page 16 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc

Post by halamadrid2 Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:07 pm

Or Pulisic. Apparently we've made enquiries. Would be great for our right wing
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:36 pm

I really like Pulisic, but I don't think he is quite the level yet.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:45 pm

Any player that has a goal or two in him at this point Laughing :facepalm:
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Ankur Upadhyay Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:12 am

I like Martial TBH. Can backup all attacking positions and is very talented.

Ankur Upadhyay
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:01 pm

We are finally in for Cavani according to Marca

Feck yes, finally sone good news. Get Cavani and shut up shop. No need for anyone else urgently
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:01 am

radio marca i hope is reliable.

Lewandowski, icardi, Harry Kane. all three share something in common: they're slower than Benzema in top speed and in kane's case also acceleration. we need fast forwards or at minimum: ≥ benzema speed.

Cavani sufficiently satisfies both top speed and acceleration requirements and I am aware he once dreamed of wearing this shirt. his age is a concern but considering how hard working he is i doubt he will lose his speed easily. can also run all game too. we will need that speed and stamina for our counter attacks as speed is required for successful counter attacking.

i hope the rumor is true and psg willing to sell.

while we might be gearing for more emphasis on possession, counter attacks are still our bread and butter and more importantly, still the best method for grabbing goals
we should always keep our counter attacking ability strong
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

http://trm.jcink.net

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:20 am

Why would we need fast forwards necessarily? All of the strikers you have listed have found ways to get bags of goals. I don’t think we should use random speed / acceleration benchmarks as qualifiers.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:48 am

That being said I think Cavani would be a decent stop gap forward if we plan to spend real money next summer

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:23 am

Finally, a rumour for a player that is actually realistically attainable. Come on PSG, don't be as selfish as Inter, let us have this one.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:27 am

dont get too excited Doc, this did not even make Marca cover, and was announced on Marca Radio lol, ok Rolling Eyes
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:33 am

I forgot to put the line where I tell you not to burst my damn bubble. Of course, you God damn burst my bubble.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:39 am

vanDEEZ wrote:Why would we need fast forwards necessarily? All of the strikers you have listed have found ways to get bags of goals. I don’t think we should use random speed / acceleration benchmarks as qualifiers.

...are you serious? fast forwards make counter attacking easier and more successful. why do u think bale hasnt been sold yet despite his injury record?

ill answer ur question with this question instead: in a counter attacking situation where we regain possession and benzema is leading the attack. how confident are you that he will beat the last defender to force a 1v1 with the keeper?

if you're not fast enough, u have to hold on to the ball and wait for your teammates to catch up. and while u wait, the backline regain their defensive shape. also, if you know you're not fast enough, how often are you take on defenders? how often do you see benzema take on defenders? not often is the correct answer. if he tries and isnt quick enough, he will get dispossessed and you potentially give ur opponent a chance to counter. its the main reason benz doesnt push often. we didnt have this problem before since its cr7 job to do the pushing but hes not here anymore. the responsibilities in attack must change.

but ill continue on later. dinners arrived. workplace is boring.

Last edited by Turok_TTZ on Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:41 am

I am also waiting for us to get a real link to a CF. i can't accept any pretend link.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:53 am

@Doc, there is an article on abc.es describing that we are interested in low cost signing for the attack. I think it's clear as day that this club was never interested in Icardi by the way, because i struggle to understand how if you are desperate about signing a number 9 in January because the season is going to shits, and then you lose CR in july, you still act like it's not big deal.

Anyway, the article states that two names on the table are 1) Mariano 2) Timo Werner (who i had hoped would have a big world cup...) and there you have it. more reliable than that radio marca mention of Cavani

https://www.abc.es/deportes/real-madrid/abci-werner-y-mariano-opciones-cost-para-201807250215_noticia.html
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed Jul 25, 2018 5:28 am

Mariano is fine, I actually liked what he is doing in Lyon. Werner, um, I don't know if I like what I saw in the WC.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Jul 25, 2018 5:36 am

i dont think any of them have enough enough quality fir the type of nerve racking season we have ahead. Again, in december last year everyone understood the urgency of signing a CF, even when there was no plans of CR leaving. And now he is gone and it's like we are fine now lol.

anyway, still a month or so to go, we will see
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:05 am

continuing on from earlier as the job in which i expected to get me real busy instead has me as busy as a railroad master. so bored.

in the case above here, clearly illustrates the need for speed as we would be 1 cup short without that blistering top speed and accel from bale.

put lewa, kane, icardi in the same situation here and i can say with confidence that they will not be able to replicate what bale did here. and this bale actually lost some accel as he keeps getting injured.

speed when used right creates space, forces openings, mistakes, and can make 1v1s happen. only bale has speed and hes always getting injured. why not seek out fast forwards?  some runs require the appropriate pace or accel or both. we will only make our opponents defending easier if we have only one fast guy in bale. cr7 is gone. we need proper reinforcements.

timo werner? he got great speed but his world cup showing leaves a lot to be desired.

mariano is okay but not spectacular.

Lopetegui should push flo for reinforcements. or is he gonna work with mayoral and salvage something out of him?
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:28 am

I'd love Mariano back but we'd still nedd another striker with experience. Kick Benz out get Mariano and Cavani. And I'll be happy
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:54 am

Theo is close to a Juventus loan switch according to Marca.

Why stop there? Since you seem so eager to help them win the CL, sell them Modric, Kroos and Marcelo for 45m.

Oh and please by no means, do not buy a replacement for Ronaldo and keep Benzema. After all, he's the best CF in history.

and don't stop buying unproven Brazilian nobodies you cheap idiot. They'll all turn into world beaters in 3 months, I'm sure.

The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:46 am

rofl

We are serving CL to Juve on a platter. At this rate we are going to loan our whole damn team to them. Well everyone except for Benz
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:22 pm

You guys talking about Theo Hernandez like he is the greatest left back in 15 years lol
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:33 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:rofl

We are serving CL to Juve on a platter. At this rate we are going to loan our whole damn team to them. Well everyone except for Benz

Calm the fukk down

We only signed Cristiano

We arent signing anyone else from you

The meltdown based on stupid rumours is hilarious to see here from a non Madrid fan perspective
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:51 pm

Theo being WC or not, we should not be selling or should I say gifting them our players full stop. They are our European rivals. We didn't think James was good enough when we gifted him to Bayern, instead he singlehandedly nearly knocked us out.

If they want to leave, good for them but our rivals should have to pay an arm and a leg to get them. I have no doubt in my mind that Juve will come back for more of our players that we consider too old (Modric etc) and when they do I hope we make them pay through their noses instead of giftwrapping the players with bowties and roses and sending them first class

@S, Ronaldo was also just a silly rumour until it happened. Wonder how long it takes till Ronaldo turns Marcelo's head. And judging by our history we'll welcome it with open arms. Meh
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:51 pm

@S there are only 2 posters melting down. Even I agree I think it’s pretty hilarious.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed Jul 25, 2018 4:14 pm

Why do you two want Benz to be sold at this current juncture? We don't have a CF outside of him (Mayarol doesn't count). Selling him and we'll have no CF to count on, none. I mean, I really hate the fact that Big Ben is out staying everyone but now shouldn't be the time for the club to sell him.

Also, I really like Theo but if the club is gonna loan him out, well, I don't mind.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 40 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next