Brexit: Should the UK stay or go?

+35
Lex
Duronto-Roddur
The Demon of Carthage
elfmeter
Babun
futbol
Lucifer
iftikhar
Harmonica
Doc
halamadrid2
Jay29
Adit
Art Morte
VivaStPauli
futbol_bill
Hapless_Hans
DagenhamDave
Myesyats
M99
LeVersacci
Freeza
Pedram
CBarca
El Gunner
rincon
Kaladin
DeletedUser#1
Blue Barrett
RealGunner
Nishankly
Firenze
Tomwin Lannister
BarrileteCosmico
Unique
39 posters

Page 3 of 35 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 19 ... 35  Next

Go down

Brexit: Should the UK stay or go? - Page 3 Empty Re: Brexit: Should the UK stay or go?

Post by CBarca Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:32 pm

And I'm sure the world would stand by and let you take control of 2/3 of the world again, you know, the way the British empire came about.

You guys are a small country now with average agricultural land and none of the efficiency or industry of Germany, or probably even France. The biggest thing the UK had was the financial sector and that's something that is going downhill if Brexit happens.

The second biggest thing you've got is Wales and Scotland, and you've proper pissed off Scotland too.

CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Posts : 20139
Join date : 2011-06-17

Back to top Go down

Brexit: Should the UK stay or go? - Page 3 Empty Re: Brexit: Should the UK stay or go?

Post by Pedram Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:37 pm

@Unique wrote:
@Pedram wrote:
@Unique wrote:
I think we have wasted enough money on the EU. If we told them to fook off what they gonna do about it.

Hmm EU will probably sanction your country, business will start fleeing the UK en masse (probably to Paris), as a result of this shock to the economy pound suffers another blow and inflation goes high and you know the rest. not to mention you need these countries for other purposes (like NATO) after you leave the EU so you can't just break off relations with them.

Turns out it's easy to be a douchebag on a football forum but there are consequences if you act like this on the international stage.
Britain built the biggest empire the world without the help of the EU. I’m sure our people won’t starve to death in the streets.

Still living in the 19 century i see, too bad UK isn't a colonial empire anymore.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 6625
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 30

Back to top Go down

Brexit: Should the UK stay or go? - Page 3 Empty Re: Brexit: Should the UK stay or go?

Post by Unique Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:41 pm

Well lads we will just have to see if Britain just carries on as normal or turns into a 3rd world country.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 18138
Join date : 2015-01-19
Age : 47

Back to top Go down

Brexit: Should the UK stay or go? - Page 3 Empty Re: Brexit: Should the UK stay or go?

Post by M99 Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:51 pm

@Unique wrote:
@Pedram wrote:
@Unique wrote:
I think we have wasted enough money on the EU. If we told them to fook off what they gonna do about it.

Hmm EU will probably sanction your country, business will start fleeing the UK en masse (probably to Paris), as a result of this shock to the economy pound suffers another blow and inflation goes high and you know the rest. not to mention you need these countries for other purposes (like NATO) after you leave the EU so you can't just break off relations with them.

Turns out it's easy to be a douchebag on a football forum but there are consequences if you act like this on the international stage.
Britain built the biggest empire the world has ever seen without the help of the EU. I’m sure our people won’t starve to death in the streets.


One of the stupidest posts I have ever seen. So now you think Britain will colonize North America, India, Australia etc now they are free of the EU?
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 30066
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 99

Back to top Go down

Brexit: Should the UK stay or go? - Page 3 Empty Re: Brexit: Should the UK stay or go?

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:52 pm

@Unique wrote:
@Pedram wrote:
@Unique wrote:And what do we get for 50 billion.

Less of those damn pesky immigrants taking your jerbs.
or less terrorism what ever way you want to look at it. But why are we paying for it. I would tell the EU to fook off and give them nothing.
If you're worried about muslim immigration to the UK most of that is not EU related, they will still get in after Brexit
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 27300
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Brexit: Should the UK stay or go? - Page 3 Empty Re: Brexit: Should the UK stay or go?

Post by Unique Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:20 pm

@BarrileteCosmico wrote:
@Unique wrote:
@Pedram wrote:

Less of those damn pesky immigrants taking your jerbs.
or less terrorism what ever way you want to look at it. But why are we paying for it. I would tell the EU to fook off and give them nothing.
If you're worried about muslim immigration to the UK most of that is not EU related, they will still get in after Brexit
but at least the EU won’t control our borders anymore. Plus it won’t be anywhere near as many.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 18138
Join date : 2015-01-19
Age : 47

Back to top Go down

Brexit: Should the UK stay or go? - Page 3 Empty Re: Brexit: Should the UK stay or go?

Post by Unique Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:32 pm

Britain has paid £500 billion to the EU since we joined. Can anyone tell me what we got for our £500 billion.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 18138
Join date : 2015-01-19
Age : 47

Back to top Go down

Brexit: Should the UK stay or go? - Page 3 Empty Re: Brexit: Should the UK stay or go?

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:55 am

@Unique wrote:
@BarrileteCosmico wrote:
@Unique wrote:
@Pedram wrote:

Less of those damn pesky immigrants taking your jerbs.
or less terrorism what ever way you want to look at it. But why are we paying for it. I would tell the EU to fook off and give them nothing.
If you're worried about muslim immigration to the UK most of that is not EU related, they will still get in after Brexit
but at least the EU won’t control our borders anymore. Plus it won’t be anywhere near as many.


It will be almost exactly the same. The overwhelming majority of muslim immigration to the UK is from asia. The europeans and arabs you might be concerned about that might get in through the EU represent a very small part of the muslims in the UK.

Brexit: Should the UK stay or go? - Page 3 MCB-Muslims-in-Numbers-infographic-final
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 27300
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Brexit: Should the UK stay or go? - Page 3 Empty Re: Brexit: Should the UK stay or go?

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:06 am

@Unique wrote:Britain has paid £500 billion to the EU since we joined. Can anyone tell me what we got for our £500 billion.


Literally the first thing that showed up on google:

"The CBI estimates that the net benefit of EU membership is worth 4-5% of GDP to the UK, or £62bn-£78bn per year."

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/eu-what-has-european-union-done-for-us-david-cameron-brexit-a6850626.html

So let's take the numbers you gave us, and the average benefit of 70B per year.

If the UK paid 500B up front to join the EU and get a benefit of 70B per year then that would be paid back in a little over 7 years, making everything after that profit.

If this were a bond it would have a return of 14% per year, a huge return by all standards.

If the 500B were paid over the entire life of Britain's EU membership (44 years) that would be 11B per year, compared to the benefit of 70B per year I'd say the UK overwhelmingly benefits from it.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 27300
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Brexit: Should the UK stay or go? - Page 3 Empty Re: Brexit: Should the UK stay or go?

Post by Unique Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:28 am

You think the uk made a profit from the EU.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 18138
Join date : 2015-01-19
Age : 47

Back to top Go down

Brexit: Should the UK stay or go? - Page 3 Empty Re: Brexit: Should the UK stay or go?

Post by Freeza Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:34 am

They definitely profited. I spent a lot of money on English products through various websites. And it's easy to travel there where you spend a lot of money. A huge chunk of that is going to away once the borders close for us. In Denmark there's like a 100% tax when you're receiving things from outside the EU.

Pretty good to vote UK out of the EU because you can't stand to look at brown people
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Tottenham HotSpurs
Posts : 23340
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Brexit: Should the UK stay or go? - Page 3 Empty Re: Brexit: Should the UK stay or go?

Post by Unique Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:42 am

@Freeza wrote:They definitely profited. I spent a lot of money on English products through various websites. And it's easy to travel there where you spend a lot of money. A huge chunk of that is going to away once the borders close for us. In Denmark there's like a 100% tax when you're receiving things from outside the EU.

Pretty good to vote UK out of the EU because you can't stand to look at brown people
maybe I’m just not a brown people kind of person.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 18138
Join date : 2015-01-19
Age : 47

Back to top Go down

Brexit: Should the UK stay or go? - Page 3 Empty Re: Brexit: Should the UK stay or go?

Post by Myesyats Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:35 pm

@CBarca wrote:I'm going to let it slide like Myesyats posting that red haired woman photo whenever someone challenges him tbh.

It's too weak to acknowledge. At least when I went at Zigra in the EPL thread he put on a whoscored clinic on me, and I gave him a Upscored for it. This is unimaginative, uninspired and not worth the time.

Can you go 10 posts without mentioning my name? It's quite ridiculous at this point. I don't want to have anything to do with you.

To stay on topic: Why would anyone think that Britian leaving the EU is a bad thing? It's actually good for both the British and European (in general) economies. Also, Norway is not in the EU and nobody talks about how bad they have it up there.... why is it so? Because the world doesn't revolve around the European reich which is affectionately called an Union. Also, Norway is not in the EU yet Norwegians can freely travel to Britain and likewise. What's important is the Schengen Area and the European Economic Area which both aren't tied together with the EU. For example, Norway is not in the EU but they are in Schengen which is quite smart on their part, if you ask me.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : FC Basel
Posts : 15850
Join date : 2015-05-03
Age : 22

Back to top Go down

Brexit: Should the UK stay or go? - Page 3 Empty Re: Brexit: Should the UK stay or go?

Post by CBarca Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:16 pm

@Myesyats wrote:Can you go 10 posts without mentioning my name? It's quite ridiculous at this point. I don't want to have anything to do with you.

So triggered lmao

Brexit: Should the UK stay or go? - Page 3 Maxresdefault
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao
Posts : 20139
Join date : 2011-06-17
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

Brexit: Should the UK stay or go? - Page 3 Empty Re: Brexit: Should the UK stay or go?

Post by rincon Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:48 pm

As usual myesyats doesn't comprehend the posts, it's not about the UK not doing well without the EU. It's about what happens if the they the EU to *bleep* off and don't pay the bills they signed to pay in the first place. Obviously if Norway broke all ties with the EU, they would not be in Schengen.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 15954
Join date : 2012-06-07

Back to top Go down

Brexit: Should the UK stay or go? - Page 3 Empty Re: Brexit: Should the UK stay or go?

Post by DagenhamDave Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:53 pm

The EU has a system in place for countries to unilaterally leave the EU called Article 50. in this it clearly states that upon leaving the EU the leaving state has no further financial obligations to the EU. legally we shouldn't have to pay a penny.

Basically what is happening is the EU wants a 50 billion pound sweetener to continue talks onto the subject of trade.
DagenhamDave
DagenhamDave
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Marseille
Posts : 407
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 36

Back to top Go down

Brexit: Should the UK stay or go? - Page 3 Empty Re: Brexit: Should the UK stay or go?

Post by rincon Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:28 pm

Of course that is the article in use. If no agreement is made after 2 years then the deed is done. At that point good luck to the UK negotiating with the EU for access to the single market.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 15954
Join date : 2012-06-07

Back to top Go down

Brexit: Should the UK stay or go? - Page 3 Empty Re: Brexit: Should the UK stay or go?

Post by Myesyats Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:57 pm

@rincon wrote:As usual myesyats doesn't comprehend the posts, it's not about the UK not doing well without the EU. It's about what happens if the they the EU to *bleep* off and don't pay the bills they signed to pay in the first place. Obviously if Norway broke all ties with the EU, they would not be in Schengen.

My post wasn't a response to those posted earlier. It was just my general take on Brexit to stay on-topic. Also, Norway has their ties with EU restricted to the minimum. They're a member of the EEA but they're not a member state of the EU, which means they don't have to follow any BS restrictions and rules imposed by the Union. Britain can leave the EU and remain in the EEA which would be dope for them. Being a member and being associated with the Union is a huge difference.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : FC Basel
Posts : 15850
Join date : 2015-05-03
Age : 22

Back to top Go down

Brexit: Should the UK stay or go? - Page 3 Empty Re: Brexit: Should the UK stay or go?

Post by Myesyats Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:00 pm

@CBarca wrote:
@Myesyats wrote:Can you go 10 posts without mentioning my name? It's quite ridiculous at this point. I don't want to have anything to do with you.

So triggered lmao

Brexit: Should the UK stay or go? - Page 3 Maxresdefault

You're looking particularly fresh today, sweetie.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : FC Basel
Posts : 15850
Join date : 2015-05-03
Age : 22

Back to top Go down

Brexit: Should the UK stay or go? - Page 3 Empty Re: Brexit: Should the UK stay or go?

Post by rincon Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:09 pm

@Myesyats wrote:
@rincon wrote:As usual myesyats doesn't comprehend the posts, it's not about the UK not doing well without the EU. It's about what happens if the they the EU to *bleep* off and don't pay the bills they signed to pay in the first place. Obviously if Norway broke all ties with the EU, they would not be in Schengen.

My post wasn't a response to those posted earlier. It was just my general take on Brexit to stay on-topic. Also, Norway has their ties with EU restricted to the minimum. They're a member of the EEA but they're not a member state of the EU, which means they don't have to follow any BS restrictions and rules imposed by the Union. Britain can leave the EU and remain in the EEA which would be dope for them. Being a member and being associated with the Union is a huge difference.


Norway has access to the free market, and is bound by the rules and regulations that come with it, and has freedom of movement due to being in Schengen, which means that europeans can move and work freely there.

Where is the huge difference in terms of the commonly debated points? The UK will probably end up with a similar deal. They'll pay to have access to the free market and they'll end up with freedom of movement.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 15954
Join date : 2012-06-07

Back to top Go down

Brexit: Should the UK stay or go? - Page 3 Empty Re: Brexit: Should the UK stay or go?

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:13 pm

@M99 wrote:
@Unique wrote:
@Pedram wrote:

Hmm EU will probably sanction your country, business will start fleeing the UK en masse (probably to Paris), as a result of this shock to the economy pound suffers another blow and inflation goes high and you know the rest. not to mention you need these countries for other purposes (like NATO) after you leave the EU so you can't just break off relations with them.

Turns out it's easy to be a douchebag on a football forum but there are consequences if you act like this on the international stage.
Britain built the biggest empire the world has ever seen without the help of the EU. I’m sure our people won’t starve to death in the streets.


One of the stupidest posts I have ever seen. So now you think Britain will colonize North America, India, Australia etc now they are free of the EU?


Not to mention that I'm pretty sure people were starving to death all the time on streets all over that great Empire, including England
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon
Posts : 33592
Join date : 2013-09-17

Back to top Go down

Brexit: Should the UK stay or go? - Page 3 Empty Re: Brexit: Should the UK stay or go?

Post by DagenhamDave Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:16 pm

well thats just it, the EU refuse to talk trade without this "exit fee" which in their own literature states we are not obliged to give them a penny legally.
May is an idiot, i thought it would be hard to be worse than Gordon Brown but then came along May.

I would say the most likely outcome is no deal and trading under WTO rules. freedom of movement was one of the big reasons the leave vote won, its extremely unlikely that a deal with freedom of movement still being in place would be accepted.
DagenhamDave
DagenhamDave
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Marseille
Posts : 407
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 36

Back to top Go down

Brexit: Should the UK stay or go? - Page 3 Empty Re: Brexit: Should the UK stay or go?

Post by Unique Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:56 pm

@DagenhamDave wrote:The EU has a system in place for countries to unilaterally leave the EU called Article 50. in this it clearly states that upon leaving the EU the leaving state has no further financial obligations to the EU. legally we shouldn't have to pay a penny.

Basically what is happening is the EU wants a 50 billion pound sweetener to continue talks onto the subject of trade.
and that's why I would tell them to go fook them selfs Thumbs up
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 18138
Join date : 2015-01-19
Age : 47

Back to top Go down

Brexit: Should the UK stay or go? - Page 3 Empty Re: Brexit: Should the UK stay or go?

Post by Unique Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:01 pm

@Hapless_Hans wrote:
@M99 wrote:
@Unique wrote:
Britain built the biggest empire the world has ever seen without the help of the EU. I’m sure our people won’t starve to death in the streets.


One of the stupidest posts I have ever seen. So now you think Britain will colonize North America, India, Australia etc now they are free of the EU?


Not to mention that I'm pretty sure people were starving to death all the time on streets all over that great Empire, including England

Brexit: Should the UK stay or go? - Page 3 7df2f010
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 18138
Join date : 2015-01-19
Age : 47

Back to top Go down

Brexit: Should the UK stay or go? - Page 3 Empty Re: Brexit: Should the UK stay or go?

Post by rincon Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:18 pm

It's hilarious to see people actively try to ruin their own country and at the same time being arrogant about it.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 15954
Join date : 2012-06-07

Back to top Go down

Brexit: Should the UK stay or go? - Page 3 Empty Re: Brexit: Should the UK stay or go?

Post by Unique Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:25 pm

@rincon wrote:It's hilarious to see people actively try to ruin their own country and at the same time being arrogant about it.
yeah what on earth will Britain do without freezer buying crap from England off the internet. rofl
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 18138
Join date : 2015-01-19
Age : 47

Back to top Go down

Brexit: Should the UK stay or go? - Page 3 Empty Re: Brexit: Should the UK stay or go?

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 35 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 19 ... 35  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum